PDA

View Full Version : Keane

ekhibee
12-11-2014, 09:50 PM
I'm just asking cos I was asked myself. There's some rumour going round that Roy Keane's been fighting with a journalist. Not exactly news I suppose, I just wondered if anybody else had heard of it, or whether it's just a load of *****.

Prawn Sandwich
12-11-2014, 09:57 PM
I'm just asking cos I was asked myself. There's some rumour going round that Roy Keane's been fighting with a journalist. Not exactly news I suppose, I just wondered if anybody else had heard of it, or whether it's just a load of *****.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/gardai-called-to-ireland-football-team-hotel-30740600.html

Boyle89
12-11-2014, 10:13 PM
Good. Anything to take their focus off the game is most welcome. Hope nobody was hurt mind.

BoomtownHibees
12-11-2014, 10:17 PM
Hope nobody was hurt mind.

Unless it was Keane

Pretty Boy
12-11-2014, 10:18 PM
Is he not in that jungle show? That was the rumour a few weeks ago according to the women in my work.

Looks like they got lumped with that tw@ Jimmy Bullard instead.

LaMotta
12-11-2014, 10:30 PM
http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/gardai-called-to-ireland-football-team-hotel-30740600.html

Twitter rumours suggesting he banjoed Shay Given. Edit. Now they are suggesting he smashed an autograph hunting fan in the coupon.

LaMotta
12-11-2014, 10:36 PM
Daily record reporting Keane fight with a fan trying to get autograph on Keanes book.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fan-explosive-roy-keane-bust-up-4618411

NadeAteMyLunch!
12-11-2014, 10:44 PM
Roy Keane is an absolute banger

NadeAteMyLunch!
12-11-2014, 10:45 PM
Is he not in that jungle show? That was the rumour a few weeks ago according to the women in my work.

Looks like they got lumped with that tw@ Jimmy Bullard instead.

Jimmy Bullard has some decent banter on him IMO

Pretty Boy
12-11-2014, 11:02 PM

See I used to think that. Then I read his book and he just came across like a total weapon.

'Me and Bents used to shout out Postman Pat whenever Fabio Capello spoke. We also used to sneak McDonalds into the England hotel because Fabio was too tough. Top bantz yeah?'

Yeah that's why Bentley retired at 30 after rotting in the Spurs reserves for years and why you never earned a single cap whilst you'd need a calculator to keep count of Capellos honours as a player and coach.

sauzee=legend
12-11-2014, 11:08 PM
Guessing that's why Rio Ferdinand didn't have a successful career either??
In his book, he admits to sneaking out the hotel and stuffing his face at nando's etc with Frank Lampard.

Sir David Gray
13-11-2014, 12:26 AM
FAI are denying that there's anything to it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30031989

GreenLake
13-11-2014, 05:39 AM
I was hoping to read that Hibs had signed Robbie Keane instead of this. I saw him play last Sunday when he scored and looked sharp playing MLS level soccer which looked quite good compared to the last season I watched Hibs, which admittedly was the worst ever I have seen. I got to meet Alan Gordon who I have to confess had me wondering as to whether his old man was a Hibee the way he was named. :greengrin

manx hibee
13-11-2014, 08:03 AM

Have to agree jimmy Bullard is one funny guy
GGTTH

lyonhibs
13-11-2014, 08:49 AM
Such a throbber and a total welt of a man.

Great player mind.

lapsedhibee
13-11-2014, 09:42 AM

Man ends up on ground with no punches thrown? Why has Deek not been charged yet? :confused:

Alex Trager
13-11-2014, 09:57 AM
In his book, he admits to sneaking out the hotel and stuffing his face at nando's etc with Frank Lampard.

Not the same as a McDonald's. Nandos is relatively good for you food.

Hehe

raeburnhibs
13-11-2014, 10:04 AM
Such a throbber and a total welt of a man.

Great player mind. Bet you wouldn't say that to his face. His idiosyncrasies are precisely why he is an interesting character, in any case apparently total non-story

Keith_M
13-11-2014, 10:47 AM
Going by the Irish Independent article, it sounds like Casper has made a welcome return.

:greengrin

JimBHibees
13-11-2014, 10:49 AM
Bet you wouldn't say that to his face. His idiosyncrasies are precisely why he is an interesting character, in any case apparently total non-story

Surely still allowed an opinion of Keane ?

J-C
13-11-2014, 10:56 AM

Chargrilled chicken, mashed sweet potato and corn on the cob is very healthy for you, I competed in natural bodybuilding shows for 7 years and it was the only place I could go with the wife for a meal when I was on my diet, didn't do me any harm as I came 2nd in the masters BNBF championships.

lyonhibs
13-11-2014, 12:11 PM
Bet you wouldn't say that to his face. His idiosyncrasies are precisely why he is an interesting character, in any case apparently total non-story

Damn right I wouldn't as he's probably kick the **** out of me or wreck my knee with a gruesome tackle or similar.

Anyway, looks like perhaps I was being a bit hasty in my - admittedly long held - judgement of Keane.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/roy-keane-s-call-helped-young-hibs-star-through-injury-1-3603577

Keith_M
13-11-2014, 12:50 PM
Damn right I wouldn't as he's probably kick the **** out of me or wreck my knee with a gruesome tackle or similar.

Anyway, looks like perhaps I was being a bit hasty in my - admittedly long held - judgement of Keane.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/roy-keane-s-call-helped-young-hibs-star-through-injury-1-3603577

Just read that. Nice to see another side to Keane

Smartie
13-11-2014, 01:05 PM
Chargrilled chicken, mashed sweet potato and corn on the cob is very healthy for you, I competed in natural bodybuilding shows for 7 years and it was the only place I could go with the wife for a meal when I was on my diet, didn't do me any harm as I came 2nd in the masters BNBF championships.

I'm pretty sure it depends on what you have at Nando's. The meal you mention sounds fine.

When I go I get a half-chicken, drown it in as much sauce as I can put on it and have it with chips and coleslaw. Good thing I'm far from being an athlete really.

I seem to remember that when Thierry Henry left London for the USA he was asked what he missed most about the Uk and he said Nando's - he managed to keep himself in pretty good shape.

Neil4Hibs
13-11-2014, 03:56 PM
Read Gary Ablett - the Game of my Life, written when he had cancer before he sadly died. He can't praise Roy Keane highly enough. He had only just started working as a coach under Keane at Ipswich when he was diagnosed, but he says that Roy couldn't do enough for him, visiting him in hospital, detouring the team coach to the hospital on one occasion, and he become a firm family friend and offered all the support he could.

Always 2 sides.