PDA

View Full Version : Questions for Danny Galbraith- Monday Night Fitba'

Fenriz
12-11-2014, 05:21 PM
Hi everyone,

Monday's show will see an interview with former Hibs player Danny Galbraith. If anyone has any questions for Danny, post them here and the lads will put them across. I probably won't me on the show myself this week, but am personally keen to hear about his last gasp goal at Celtic Park in 2010. It seems to me that the Hibs roller coaster took a severe downward turn from that point onwards! Tune in from 10pm on http://www.radiosaltire.org

Monday's show, featuring a review of the weekend's games plus interview with Allan Preston. I know Allan's section might not be to people's taste here, but he did have some notable things to say about the punditry setup at the BBC, plus sadly had some memories of the 2004 league cup final which were a little painful to listen to!

http://youtu.be/WFHLmCeZ3yM
http://mondaynightfitba.podbean.com
http://m.mixcloud.com/RSaltire/mnf-allan-preston-reviewpreview-of-this-weeks-games/
Or search Monday Night Fitba on iTunes.

Cheers!:flag:

InterviewLoI
12-11-2014, 05:44 PM
Does he miss Limerick and Robbie Williams?

Danderhall Hibs
12-11-2014, 05:59 PM
Why were the reasons he left kept so secret? What were they?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
12-11-2014, 06:27 PM
Worst and best manager at the club during his time and why?

silverhibee
12-11-2014, 06:56 PM
How well did he get on with Yogi.

GreenArmy1875
12-11-2014, 07:03 PM
Does he believe he will get another shot in SPFL?

Broken Gnome
12-11-2014, 07:06 PM
Did he ever actually like playing right wing?

erin go bragh
13-11-2014, 09:04 AM
The best Hibs player he played with was ?
Favourite ground and best atmosphere he has played a game in . Ps cheers for that last minute winner Danny .

Ggtth

The_Horde
13-11-2014, 10:56 AM
Danny. Your celtic park winner was great but could you do it on a cold night in Stoke?

As a fellow lefty, do you agree that Steven Fletcher wont get anywhere without working on his right foot?

Do you think Dominique Malonga is lazy?

And finally..

On a scale of 1-10 how much of an ******** was Colin Calderwood?

WeeRussell
13-11-2014, 11:02 AM
Who do you currently consider you 'Scottish team' ?

Viva_Palmeiras
13-11-2014, 11:09 AM
We hear that it's not all players that have what it takes to play for Hibs - some notable names included have failed to set the heather alight - why do you think this has been the case?
How did the reality of the demands in playing for Hibs compare with what you'd anticipated?
Why do you think Hibs have failed to kick on despite having a decent setup in place?
If your had your time at Hibs again what if anything would you have done differently?

What was the preparation and atmosphere in the dressing room ahead of:
a derby
a visit to Glasgow

and how would you change it if you'd been manager?

who has been/is the biggest influence on your career?

Fenriz
13-11-2014, 08:43 PM
Wow, loads of great questions, cheers guys! Galbraith was a player my brother used to always tell me was on the verge of great things. I thought when he scored at Parkhead that things were really going to take off for him. Think he was a victim of injury and managerial changes- will be interesting to hear his take on things.

By the way, one of the Jambos who organises the show decided to write a blog post on the Hibs XI he liked or respected most in his time as a fan. The response he got on Kickback when he posted it there was disgraceful, but take a look and see what you think of his selection: http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/146307-most-respected-hibs-xi/

LaMotta
14-11-2014, 07:38 AM
Wow, loads of great questions, cheers guys! Galbraith was a player my brother used to always tell me was on the verge of great things. I thought when he scored at Parkhead that things were really going to take off for him. Think he was a victim of injury and managerial changes- will be interesting to hear his take on things.

By the way, one of the Jambos who organises the show decided to write a blog post on the Hibs XI he liked or respected most in his time as a fan. The response he got on Kickback when he posted it there was disgraceful, but take a look and see what you think of his selection: http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/146307-most-respected-hibs-xi/

That is a great initial post on kickback and the sensible responses are interesting.

Of course a similar post on here about them would provoke the same type of bizaare hate filled reactions from some. Makes you wonder what is wrong with people who have so much hatred in them or at least have the inability to admit that a team from your rival had a bit of ability.

Fenriz
17-11-2014, 05:03 AM
Looking forward to this show tonight. Hopefully the lads will get through most of the questions asked here!

Boyle89
17-11-2014, 07:39 AM
Just how fast were you going when you almost knocked me and my pal down in your mini outside Easter road?

silverhibee
17-11-2014, 11:47 AM
Looking forward to this show tonight. Hopefully the lads will get through most of the questions asked here!

Got a question for Danny.

Q. Any truth in the rumour that hibs tried to re-sign you in the transfer window that just closed.

Will hope to hear the answer to that one tonight.

Fenriz
18-11-2014, 06:57 AM
Interesting interview with Danny last night. Sam asked most of the questions on this thread, plus a few great ones of his own. Will post it up I here as soon as it's ready!

Viva_Palmeiras
18-11-2014, 11:20 AM
Missed it lastnight is it gonna be stuck up today?

Fenriz
18-11-2014, 12:55 PM
Missed it lastnight is it gonna be stuck up today?

Should be on by tomorrow at the latest. I noticed that a couple of your questions were asked :)

Viva_Palmeiras
18-11-2014, 01:11 PM
Should be on by tomorrow at the latest. I noticed that a couple of your questions were asked :)
Nice one - thought Id skip the Biscuits one but the Stack interview was good value and an insight into the disarray was were in around the cup final. That should have been squared away long before. That said as an upset injured player he should not have done anything to upset the camp ahead of a massive game and I'm not too clear on that aspect - did he have a fallout with IM and or JMcP?

jacomo
18-11-2014, 04:27 PM

Darren Jackson is a cop out (although he was good for us).

He should have picked Riordan and then sat back and watched the fireworks.

Fenriz
18-11-2014, 09:30 PM
Show is now online:
http://m.mixcloud.com/RSaltire/mnf-danny-galbraith-reviewpreview-of-this-weeks-games/
http://youtu.be/wTEfms7LmLM
Or search Monday Night Fitba' on iTunes.

As I said, the lads fielded many questions that were posted in this thread, so check it out. He also had a few interesting things to say on his favourite and least favourite managers...!

HibbiesandtheBaddies
18-11-2014, 10:59 PM
Show is now online:
http://m.mixcloud.com/RSaltire/mnf-danny-galbraith-reviewpreview-of-this-weeks-games/
http://youtu.be/wTEfms7LmLM
Or search Monday Night Fitba' on iTunes.

As I said, the lads fielded many questions that were posted in this thread, so check it out. He also had a few interesting things to say on his favourite and least favourite managers...!

Feedback for the boy that runs the show. Boy is a giggling buffoon.

Really needs to get that sorted, Bit of an embarrassment.

hibeemikey21
18-11-2014, 11:07 PM

What an arsey comment. I can just imagine the sort of sad, wee guy you are.

Anyway..

Listened to the interview and thought it was really good! Galbraith spoke well, and withheld from making sly digs. Hope it works out for him.

Enjoyed listening to these player interviews - keep them coming!

Viva_Palmeiras
18-11-2014, 11:19 PM

listned to til the end of the interview thought it was fine. Did you listen to the saltire "ad break" to learn what the station is about? Perhaps out your criticism into context before spouting off about folks who are maybe giving things a go on a community station rather than the BBC...

HibbiesandtheBaddies
18-11-2014, 11:40 PM
What an arsey comment. I can just imagine the sort of sad, wee guy you are.

Anyway..

Listened to the interview and thought it was really good! Galbraith spoke well, and withheld from making sly digs. Hope it works out for him.

Enjoyed listening to these player interviews - keep them coming!

Have listened to every episode and the comment stands.

Whats your angle? PM me and we'll discuss further.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
18-11-2014, 11:42 PM
listned to til the end of the interview thought it was fine. Did you listen to the saltire "ad break" to learn what the station is about? Perhaps out your criticism into context before spouting off about folks who are maybe giving things a go on a community station rather than the BBC...

You can judge my comment in the context of my previous posts. Have you listened to this week on week?

Fenriz
19-11-2014, 06:24 AM
Hibbiesandthebaddies- your comment is completely out of the blue and unjustified, however as suggested I will PM you rather than turn the thread into a negative slanging match.

I agree that Danny came across very well. His opinion on Yogi seemed very mature, considering how out of favour he was in that team. Think he's in a minority of one with his praise of Calderwood though!

hibbysam
19-11-2014, 07:58 AM
Danny. Your celtic park winner was great but could you do it on a cold night in Stoke?

As a fellow lefty, do you agree that Steven Fletcher wont get anywhere without working on his right foot?

Do you think Dominique Malonga is lazy?

And finally..

On a scale of 1-10 how much of an ******** was Colin Calderwood?

Steven fletcher will get nowhere without working on his right foot? Scottish international, playing and scoring in the premier league and racked up about £25m transfer fees! Holy smokes I sometimes wonder!

Viva_Palmeiras
19-11-2014, 08:44 AM
You can judge my comment in the context of my previous posts. Have you listened to this week on week?

Listened to the Stack interview.

Why go for constructive criticism when cutting sound-bytes will do? I blame reality TV shows :)

silverhibee
19-11-2014, 01:48 PM
Hibbiesandthebaddies- your comment is completely out of the blue and unjustified, however as suggested I will PM you rather than turn the thread into a negative slanging match.

I agree that Danny came across very well. His opinion on Yogi seemed very mature, considering how out of favour he was in that team. Think he's in a minority of one with his praise of Calderwood though!

Strange that eh, i have still to hear a player bad mouth Calderwood from there time when they played under him at Hibs, he was well liked by all the players at the time, and yet good guy Pat, each time i listen to a player being asked about Fenlon they don't talk very highly of him, poor preparation for games, poor training methods, the fiasco the week before that final over bonuses.

Danny came over well in that interview, the question put to him about the secrecy of the reasons he left Hibs and why he was banished from East Mains by Fenlon, i got the impression that he wasn't allowed to talk about that question, did Hibs pay Galbraith off and put something in the pay off that he wasn't allowed to talk about his departure at Hibs, seems he has never spoken about it for some reason.

Danderhall Hibs
19-11-2014, 01:49 PM
Strange that eh, i have still to hear a player bad mouth Calderwood from there time when they played under him at Hibs, he was well liked by all the players at the time, and yet good guy Pat, each time i listen to a player being asked about Fenlon they don't talk very highly of him, poor preparation for games, poor training methods, the fiasco the week before that final over bonuses.

Danny came over well in that interview, the question put to him about the secrecy of the reasons he left Hibs and why he was banished from East Mains by Fenlon, i got the impression that he wasn't allowed to talk about that question, did Hibs pay Galbraith off and put something in the pay off that he wasn't allowed to talk about his departure at Hibs, seems he has never spoken about it for some reason.

That was my question. Was it not answered fully?

silverhibee
19-11-2014, 02:27 PM

Not fully, gave the impression he wasn't allowed to talk about why he left Hibs.

hibeemikey21
19-11-2014, 04:01 PM
Not fully, gave the impression he wasn't allowed to talk about why he left Hibs.

It'll be a confidentiality clause. Can be inserted into contracts in all walks of employment to stop trade secrets being revealed etc.

I imagine in Danny's case, it will be something along the lines of he will have been given a decent settlement on the proviso that he does not talk about fight club, otherwise he could be sued

hibeemikey21
19-11-2014, 04:06 PM
Have listened to every episode and the comment stands.

Whats your angle? PM me and we'll discuss further.

Don't know what PM-ing you will achieve, but it's beyond me why you would bother posting something like that. Was just pretty scathing and hardly constructive.

I have absolutely no ties to the folk who do the show, but surely any decent person can see they're doing it with the best of intentions. Folk like you who just take malicious swipes at people for the hell of it just bemuse me.

DirtyDeeds
20-11-2014, 12:58 PM
As 'Mikey' from the show, i'd be intrigued to know if Hibbiesandthebaddies fancies being on the panel one week to test out his own live broadcasting talents ;-) We would love to widen the base of participants should anyone show an interest, particularly you guys who regularly listen and put forward questions. A rotating panel is the aim for the show.

I was going to press Danny further on this but seemed fairly clear there was a gagging clause in his severance. Stacky was obviously more honest and open given he left on freedom of contract.

silverhibee
20-11-2014, 02:44 PM
As 'Mikey' from the show, i'd be intrigued to know if Hibbiesandthebaddies fancies being on the panel one week to test out his own live broadcasting talents ;-) We would love to widen the base of participants should anyone show an interest, particularly you guys who regularly listen and put forward questions. A rotating panel is the aim for the show.

I was going to press Danny further on this but seemed fairly clear there was a gagging clause in his severance. Stacky was obviously more honest and open given he left on freedom of contract.

I wonder why the club thought they needed to do this, did Danny/Hibs do something wrong, did Danny get put on gardening leave near the end of his time at Hibs or just made to train on his own at East Mains.

superfurryhibby
20-11-2014, 03:03 PM
I wonder why the club thought they needed to do this, did Danny/Hibs do something wrong, did Danny get put on gardening leave near the end of his time at Hibs or just made to train on his own at East Mains.

Yup, quite a bizarre episode and possibly one that added to the sense of alienation that some players felt during that period. Why would you do that to anyone who attended their work dilligently and wasn't in breach of any disciplinary issue? Memory issues, but wasn't the Galbraith issue linked to his refusal to take a short term contract at Dunfermline or the like?

silverhibee
20-11-2014, 04:07 PM
Yup, quite a bizarre episode and possibly one that added to the sense of alienation that some players felt during that period. Why would you do that to anyone who attended their work dilligently and wasn't in breach of any disciplinary issue? Memory issues, but wasn't the Galbraith issue linked to his refusal to take a short term contract at Dunfermline or the like?

:agree:

Did he not end up training at Dunfermline.

J-C
20-11-2014, 04:14 PM
Seem to remember him having mental issues at the time and rumours of him imagining his injuries when in fact there was nothing wrong with him.