PDA

View Full Version : Heffernan, Sinclair, Todd.....Harris?

California-Hibs
12-11-2014, 02:13 PM
Who will line up beside Cummings this Saturday?

Person would opt for Sinclair, would love to see what he can do, especially seeing as confidence will be high after his recent hat trick.

H18S NX
12-11-2014, 02:40 PM
Personally,i think it will be Heffernan.

khib70
12-11-2014, 02:46 PM
Personally,i think it will be Heffernan.
:paranoid::no way:

Would like to see what Harris could do in a more advanced central position though.

InterviewLoI
12-11-2014, 02:48 PM
I think Heff's experience will be vital. He may not have been at his best since the injury but he has proven in the past that he knows where the goal is. Failing him Sinclair would be good.

ManBearPig
12-11-2014, 02:49 PM
What about Lewis Allan seems to be scoring for fun??thoughts?

InterviewLoI
12-11-2014, 02:51 PM

He won't just be thrust into the starting line-up, but there is a chance he could play, as a sub

Centre Hawf
12-11-2014, 02:51 PM

Definitely would play him.

Coco Bryce
12-11-2014, 02:55 PM

Great to see young Lewis do so well. Still think it's a bit early for him though.

And to think there was a certain coach at EM (who's still there BTW) who about a year ago told him he would be as well finding a new club as he had no future at Hibs :rolleyes:

Golden Bear
12-11-2014, 02:56 PM

:agree:

That would be my choice. He fits the bill as a like for like replacement with the added bonus that he'll put in a good shift. Having said that, I've not seen much of the guy's play but from what I have seen he looks like an impressive player.

Golden Bear
12-11-2014, 02:59 PM
Great to see young Lewis do so well. Still think it's a bit early for him though.

And to think there was a certain coach at EM (who's still there BTW) who about a year ago told him he would be as well finding a new club as he had no future at Hibs :rolleyes:

It's Queen of the South we play and not Barcelona. Give the lad his chance, if you're good enough then you're old enough.

Crops73
12-11-2014, 03:00 PM
Who will line up beside Cummings this Saturday?

Person would opt for Sinclair, would love to see what he can do, especially seeing as confidence will be high after his recent hat trick.

Harris

Elephant Stone
12-11-2014, 03:13 PM
I like Heff, his link up play is first class and he's never really had a consistent run in the team. I'd be happy to see more of him while Malonga is away.

Smartie
12-11-2014, 03:14 PM
I think Harris has struggled when getting the ball to feet and trying to beat a man - looks like a bit of his bottle has gone because he could do it before. Therefore I don't really fancy him as a winger much any more (not that we even seem to play with wide midfielders any more anyway).

I still think he has some cracking attributes, especially his pace. I would like to see him up front, playing on the shoulder of the last defender. Their defence coped well with us last time but did look a bit slow and I think he could do well up there with Cummings playing off him a wee bit deeper.

I still think the Heff has something to offer, but not as a starter for me any more.

I've not seen anything of Sinclair to suggest he offers much but it's encouraging he's been playing well for the U20s.

I also think Kennedy might be ok playing behind the striker(s) - possibly coming in for Handling and not Malonga though.

silverhibee
12-11-2014, 03:20 PM
I think Heff's experience will be vital. He may not have been at his best since the injury but he has proven in the past that he knows where the goal is. Failing him Sinclair would be good.

Heff has only scored 5 goals since he arrived at Hibs, he wouldn't be any where near the starting 11 imo, he hasn't proven himself at Hibs, hopefully he is away in January.

Billy Whizz
12-11-2014, 03:22 PM
Heff has only scored 5 goals since he arrived at Hibs, he wouldn't be any where near the starting 11 imo, he hasn't proven himself at Hibs, hopefully he is away in January.

As I said in another thread, Heff has had no game time in the under 20's, so I would be surprised if he starts

Pretty Boy
12-11-2014, 03:24 PM
Heffernan will start imo. He's a bit of a physical presence next to Cummings and an experienced head. Not what I would do just what I think will happen.

Strongly suspect Lewis Allan will make the bench.

CallumLaidlaw
12-11-2014, 03:43 PM
I feel out of the remaining striking options, Heff is our weakest. His first touch is poor, and has looked fairly uninterested when he has played. Give one of the young lads a chance. They will be desperate to get involved

AlbertK86
12-11-2014, 03:46 PM
Push Handling up front and bring Mcgeogh (if fit) Stanton or Kennedy into the tip of the diamond

John_the_angus_hibby
12-11-2014, 04:18 PM
Heffernan will start imo. He's a bit of a physical presence next to Cummings and an experienced head. Not what I would do just what I think will happen.

Strongly suspect Lewis Allan will make the bench.

This. We are not looking for a game winner, just someone to balance and get Cummings into the game. It is what I would do tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smartie
12-11-2014, 04:31 PM
This. We are not looking for a game winner, just someone to balance and get Cummings into the game. It is what I would do tho.

Aren't we? Surely all strikers should be considered to potentially be game winners?

What we are not looking for is a pointless shirt-filler, the type of whom we had way, way too many last season. Our start to this season suggests to me that we cannot afford to underestimate any team and expect to get away with carrying passengers. Heff has been that too often for us I'm afraid, but I still think that he might be worthy of coming on for 20 minutes here and there to possibly nick a goal.

I'd work with all of the other, younger options before I'd go for Heff.

John_the_angus_hibby
12-11-2014, 04:32 PM
Aren't we? Surely all strikers should be considered to potentially be game winners?

What we are not looking for is a pointless shirt-filler, the type of whom we had way, way too many last season. Our start to this season suggests to me that we cannot afford to underestimate any team and expect to get away with carrying passengers. Heff has been that too often for us I'm afraid, but I still think that he might be worthy of coming on for 20 minutes here and there to possibly nick a goal.

I'd work with all of the other, younger options before I'd go for Heff.

I mean don't look for a game winner out of that list. Our best option is to balance Cummings.

Smartie
12-11-2014, 04:33 PM
I mean don't look for a game winner out of that list. Our best option is to balance Cummings.

Fair enough.

Big_Franck
12-11-2014, 07:08 PM
Anyone but Heffernan for me. He's terrible and he should have been punted last summer. I'd start with either Handling or Lewis Allan up with Cummings. Wouldn't mind seeing more of Sinclair as well.

frazeHFC
12-11-2014, 07:38 PM
Push Handling up front and bring Mcgeogh (if fit) Stanton or Kennedy into the tip of the diamond

This, I'd play Handling up front with Cummings.

NORTHERNHIBBY
12-11-2014, 08:43 PM
I will be happy if we definately play two up front.

GreenArmyyy!
12-11-2014, 10:11 PM
Don't want Harris starting. He may have had a couple of good games at the end of Fenlons last full season but he hasn't shown anything since. I know he has had his injury etc so it may be an idea to put him out on loan.

Unseen work
15-11-2014, 12:02 AM
Cummings handling

Kennedy
Craig. Allan
Robertson

HFC 0-7
15-11-2014, 12:55 AM
It's Queen of the South we play and not Barcelona. Give the lad his chance, if you're good enough then you're old enough.

if we were still in the top flight we would have no issues with a young lad being loaned to a championship club to gain experience. We are that championship club now.

davieh
15-11-2014, 06:34 PM
Wasn't at the match but wondered how Sinclair did as a sub? Thought he might be a useful addition but really hasn't featured yet, even with several first teamers out...

Billy Whizz
15-11-2014, 06:58 PM
Wasn't at the match but wondered how Sinclair did as a sub? Thought he might be a useful addition but really hasn't featured yet, even with several first teamers out...

Can't believe he's playing in front of our own players like Lewis Allan.