PDA

View Full Version : Free tickets to current and ex forces

PatHead
12-11-2014, 10:03 AM
Just a reminder that current and ex forces personnel and their families can benefit from free tickets to the match on Saturday. There are still some left.

If you want to take advantage please pm me with a telephone number and I will arrange it.

Please do not use this thread to discuss the merits of the offer.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
12-11-2014, 11:13 AM
Great gesture. I think Middlesborough done similar and saw them have their biggest crowd in years.

Keith_M
12-11-2014, 02:42 PM
bump

khib70
12-11-2014, 02:42 PM
Great gesture. I think Middlesborough done similar and saw them have their biggest crowd in years.
Agree. Im ex Royal Navy, but I'm already a season ticket holder, so will leave the tickets for eligible people who would otherwise have to pay walkup prices.

Hats off to Hibs for this one

Future17
12-11-2014, 04:04 PM
Just a reminder that current and ex forces personnel and their families can benefit from free tickets to the match on Saturday. There are still some left.

If you want to take advantage please pm me with a telephone number and I will arrange it.

Agree. Im ex Royal Navy, but I'm already a season ticket holder, so will leave the tickets for eligible people who would otherwise have to pay walkup prices.

Hats off to Hibs for this one

Can you pair not read?!? :wink:

pontius pilate
12-11-2014, 05:38 PM
Khib is ex navy of course he cant read 😊

PatHead
12-11-2014, 09:15 PM
A few more away today.

Gerard
12-11-2014, 09:50 PM
A few more away today.

:top marks

NadeAteMyLunch!
12-11-2014, 09:51 PM
A few more away today.

👍

Hermit Crab
12-11-2014, 10:05 PM

Are the tickets only available through you or can you get them via Hibs?

PatHead
12-11-2014, 10:07 PM
Are the tickets only available through you or can you get them via Hibs?

They can be gotten via Hibs but we are trying to get as many issued without bothering the ticket office particularly on matchday. If I can get as many away before the game so much the better.

GreenArmyyy!
12-11-2014, 10:12 PM
Another hand in to the community for Hibs. Well done.

Bristolhibby
12-11-2014, 10:21 PM
What about ex Royal Fleet Auxiliary?

J

Hermit Crab
12-11-2014, 10:22 PM
They can be gotten via Hibs but we are trying to get as many issued without bothering the ticket office particularly on matchday. If I can get as many away before the game so much the better.

Got quite a few ex forces where I work. Will ask about tomorrow. Great work by the way. :aok:

PatHead
12-11-2014, 10:25 PM
What about ex Royal Fleet Auxiliary?

J
More than welcome.

monktonharp
12-11-2014, 10:36 PM
what is this for? didnae seem to issue many freebies to the miners, during the 84/85 strike. am I missing something? I was on strike for a year, fighting for something close to my heart, close to my community, close to my family and had to face the might of the Thatcher government that rallied the press when they decided to go to the Malvinas in defence of a hundred tin roofed houses. is this a Hibernian forum, or some sort of jingoistic stance in support of the armed forces veterans who think war is the the way forward? admins, withdraw this thread or bar me.

monktonharp
12-11-2014, 10:39 PM
Another hand in to the community for Hibs. Well done.don't think so

Hibernia&Alba
13-11-2014, 01:31 AM
what is this for? didnae seem to issue many freebies to the miners, during the 84/85 strike. am I missing something? I was on strike for a year, fighting for something close to my heart, close to my community, close to my family and had to face the might of the Thatcher government that rallied the press when they decided to go to the Malvinas in defence of a hundred tin roofed houses. is this a Hibernian forum, or some sort of jingoistic stance in support of the armed forces veterans who think war is the the way forward? admins, withdraw this thread or bar me.

It needn't come to that, MH. There was a long thread about this (HFC remembers) a few days ago. I agree that free tickets for other groups in society could be looked at, but the bottom line is there's room for miners and soldiers in the Hibs support. Better to put your opinion forward than leave, surely?

NOLA
13-11-2014, 01:53 AM
:top marks

ANDY McGEECHAN
13-11-2014, 04:01 AM

Well said

I'm_cabbaged
13-11-2014, 05:11 AM
I served on HMS claverhouse when I was 14, do I get tickets? 😀

hibbiedon
13-11-2014, 05:21 AM

There are many Hibs fans that showed solidarity with the miners and shared their stance against thatchers government, it is not the poor foot soldiers who are the war mongers but the politicians who infest Westminster. So Hibs are correct to show respect to these lads and lassies who fight on the orders of the governments that we select

pontius pilate
13-11-2014, 05:42 AM
Anybody wanting tickets who are serving or are a veteran can register on tickets for troops and get tickets that way

erin-go-bragh87
13-11-2014, 05:50 AM

Are you for real?? Did you boo the minutes silence too? Quite funny actually, why should soldiers get free tickets this weekend when you were on strike 20/30 years ago. Ridiculous.

Mikey
13-11-2014, 07:20 AM

Just to clarify, the thread wasn't closed at your request, it was closed because of you.

PatHead
13-11-2014, 12:11 PM
Anybody wanting tickets who are serving or are a veteran can register on tickets for troops and get tickets that way

Unfortunately only veterans who have left the forces in the past year get into tickets for troops website.

In addition there is a problem, in that when you get tickets from them, they are posted out. If you are anything like me the post won't arrive until you have left for the match on Saturday. In this instance please pm.

The ticket office are worried they will get swamped on Saturday and the last thing we want is shooting ourselves in the foot with people missing out.