PDA

View Full Version : Dumbarton game - places to go before hand

CallumLaidlaw
11-11-2014, 10:15 AM
I'm taking my 9 year old through to this game and wanted to find somewhere to have lunch and watch the Huns v mini Huns before going to the stadium. Seems that's harder than it sounds.
The stags head nearby doesn't do food, and it's over 14s only. There's a wetherspoons in town which will have food but no football.

Any suggestions?

Hermit Crab
11-11-2014, 10:48 AM
I'm taking my 9 year old through to this game and wanted to find somewhere to have lunch and watch the Huns v mini Huns before going to the stadium. Seems that's harder than it sounds.
The stags head nearby doesn't do food, and it's over 14s only. There's a wetherspoons in town which will have food but no football.

Any suggestions?

If you're going by train break your journey in Glasgow by getting the train to queen street first. Go for a bite to eat then jump on the train up to dumbarton East for the game.

3pm
11-11-2014, 11:47 AM
Billy Brown's the man to ask - he's been places. :agree:

Evergreen86
13-11-2014, 12:16 PM

Any suggestions?

I got this from a mate of mine this morning when asking the same question..... Hope it helps....

''There is a pub as you get off the train at Dumbarton East but it is linked to Rangers so I would stay away from that one! You would be better going into the town and there is a couple there. There is The Clipper which is ok this is next to the church with the clock on it, the counting house beside it (a bit less ok probably cheaper )and then further along the high street there is a Weatherspoons.

There is a bowling club just down from the stadium at the castle but not sure if you will get in there''

Velma Dinkley
13-11-2014, 12:25 PM
The Counting House on the high street would be the best bet for a food/footie combo. Alternatively, watch the game in the Stags Head and get something to eat from Mr Kebabs across the road.

KdyHby
13-11-2014, 03:41 PM
Very nice cafe I went to pre season last year: http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g186588-d4188303-Reviews-Benvenuti_Cafe-Dumbarton_West_Dunbartonshire_Loch_Lomond_and_The_ Trossachs_Nation.html

Near the train station, or on your right as you drive into Dumbarton. Then head off to a pub showing the H match on TV.

CallumLaidlaw
14-11-2014, 06:48 AM
I think the Counting House looks the best bet! Cheers guys :aok:

andyt1875
17-11-2014, 08:32 PM
Where's everyone heading for a pre match pint?