PDA

View Full Version : Hibs TV

hongkonghibee
10-11-2014, 01:47 PM
Anyone heard anything from the club about the progress made in laying the new internet cable? Its been 3 months now since they started selling the new overseas Hibs TV subscription, and the communications from the club to overseas supporters has been awful. Nothing on the official site about if the next home match against Queen of the South will be available on video. Yet they still sell the product. LD and HibsTV are still failing to communicate with overseas supporters. No emails to subscribers, no news report on progress or lack of it on the official site, nothing on HibsTV home page. We are in the dark. Anyone know anything? Anyone spotted internet cable layers around Easter Road?

Septimus
10-11-2014, 02:08 PM
Surely this time. We have been told that it is wonderful and it would be good to judge for ourselves.

Berwickhibby
10-11-2014, 02:42 PM
Still not heard anything but I would not hold your breath of there being video for the Q.O.S match

The Green Goblin
10-11-2014, 04:24 PM
If there is no video stream on Saturday, I intend to start / put a constructive plan of action into effect, involving everyone I can. Let's see what happens on Saturday first.

The Tubs
10-11-2014, 06:55 PM
Bump. It would be nice to know what's happening.

The Green Goblin
10-11-2014, 07:01 PM
Bump. It would be nice to know what's happening.

Let Saturday bring what it will. If nothing happens (again) then I intend to step up and do something.

PatHead
10-11-2014, 09:02 PM
I'll ask at WT meeting on Wednesday and let you know.

The Green Goblin
10-11-2014, 09:50 PM

Thanks PH. The overseas subscribers have been given a right sorry run around and nobody at the club seems to have taken responsibility and just communicated with them. Any clear answers you could get would be great. Thanks again.

The Tubs
10-11-2014, 11:09 PM

Thanks pat

hongkonghibee
11-11-2014, 02:56 PM
Thankyou Pathead

Bay Area Hibees
12-11-2014, 05:50 AM
Yes thanks for having a word on this, I know the club have many priorities but mgt of this has been really poor.

The Green Goblin
12-11-2014, 02:12 PM
Bump. Nothing on the Live Page for Saturday yet.

California-Hibs
12-11-2014, 02:27 PM
Bump. Nothing on the Live Page for Saturday yet.

Seriously don't think in the slightest that they'll have the live video. It's utterly depressing waking up at 7am and listening to the games when I've paid to WATCH them!

hongkonghibee
13-11-2014, 11:30 AM
Its now Thursday. Match is on Saturday. Hibs TV still selling subscriptions based on live video for "most" SPFL Championship games. Still nothing on the official site about if they have live video sorted out yet. The lack of information is ridiculous. :fuming:

California-Hibs
13-11-2014, 04:36 PM
Its now Thursday. Match is on Saturday. Hibs TV still selling subscriptions based on live video for "most" SPFL Championship games. Still nothing on the official site about if they have live video sorted out yet. The lack of information is ridiculous. :fuming:

Yep, it's an absolute disgrace, I honestly can't believe this whole situation that's been going on, truly crazy stuff!

I mean even if the video is to be on on Saturday, the lack of information proclaiming this is utterly bizarre. Anyways I'll tell you this, there won't be any video of the game, would place my mortgage on it.

It's time we seriously turned up the heat on these imposters, they're literally robbing us and enough is now enough!!

Callum_62
13-11-2014, 06:36 PM
How many games constitutes 'most?'?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DC_Hibs
13-11-2014, 07:15 PM
Is the same boy (Andrew?) still running this?

He/they should be capable of a one or two para email or website update to keep people informed.

Surely this is something Dempo should be addressing. If he's not getting results he should be emptied like the other mediocrity plaguing our club for years.

PatHead
13-11-2014, 09:34 PM
I raised it last night at WT and was told that there will be an announcement either today or tomorrow. I commented on the main problem being communication..................................

Viva_Palmeiras
13-11-2014, 09:49 PM
Time and time again we hear it from the club in the listening groups - we need o get better with communication - it's been YEARS!!!

. I know folks work within constraints and staff has been stripped back to the bone but we simply must get better at communication. I'd hoped that LD would sort this out - maybe she's spread too thin (and understandably) but the communication manager (do we still have one?) should step up to the plate.

The thing about communication is it needs to be received and understood otherwise it's just noise.

Effective communicationA two way information (http://m.businessdictionary.com/definition/information.html) sharing process (http://m.businessdictionary.com/definition/process.html)which involves one party (http://m.businessdictionary.com/definition/party.html) sending a message (http://m.businessdictionary.com/definition/message.html) that is easily understood by the receiving (http://m.businessdictionary.com/definition/receiver.html) party

Callum_62
14-11-2014, 12:35 AM
I raised it last night at WT and was told that there will be an announcement either today or tomorrow. I commented on the main problem being communication..................................

assuming its a no again then

pretty sure they would have confirmed if it was to be shown

Septimus
14-11-2014, 12:35 PM
Is there no alternative to the ineptitude of those working on this for the club. How I long for the good old buffering days of Stuart and co. Can Dalkieth not appear on his white charger and show the club how it is done?

hongkonghibee
14-11-2014, 01:37 PM
I have just received this email from Andrew Sleight
"First of all, apologies for the lack of communication so far this season concerning the stalled start of our new video streaming service for overseas supporters.

We appreciate that is unacceptable and moving forward won’t happen again – we were awaiting clarity on several issues before trying to deliver an informative update.

Unfortunately the proposed installation of a bespoke dedicated broadband line was severely delayed and, even though the cabling was put in place early this week, the finalisation hasn’t happened in time to broadcast Saturday’s home game against Queen of the South.

This is deeply frustrating and compounds the negativity surrounding a product that was designed to greatly enhance your viewing of home games from overseas.

But we can confirm that live video streaming will take place for the Alloa Athletic home match on Saturday 13 December then covering every home game and some away games for the rest of the season.

We understand the level of disappointment concerning the delay and the subsequent lack of clarity. Unless there is any further unforeseen complication, the issue is now in the final stages of being resolved.

As a result of the ongoing problems experienced, we would like to offer all of our overseas Hibs TV subscribers a free month’s subscription to the service.

This is a gesture to apologise for what we accept has been a wholly frustrating and disappointing experience for our overseas subscribers.

Once again, Hibernian Football Club would like to genuinely apologise for the delay and hopefully now we can draw a line under it and all look forward to an excellent video streaming service."

blackpoolhibs
14-11-2014, 01:46 PM
An explanation at last, but 1 free month seems a little bit mean considering the amount of months people have paid for and not received what they signed up for. :confused:

hongkonghibee
14-11-2014, 01:59 PM
An explanation at last, but 1 free month seems a little bit mean considering the amount of months people have paid for and not received what they signed up for. :confused:
Yes, considering they are already 3 months late, and also the first live home match now wont be until mid-December it does seem a little mean.
Also " we were awaiting clarity on several issues before trying to deliver an informative update" is a typical response from HibsTV - why not explain what the "several issues" actually are, otherwise its not an "informative update" at all!
At least we now know when we can expect the live video service to start, and an apology from the club is a good thing.

California-Hibs
14-11-2014, 02:05 PM
Received the same email too. All very well but what about the people who already paid for the full annual subscription?! Very frustrating that yet again we can't watch this weekends match. Still concerns me that there's the 'unless there's abymore unforeseen circumstances' I still won't believe there will be a stream on the 13th vrs Alloa until 6.55am when I log in for the match and see it for myself.

The Green Goblin
14-11-2014, 02:09 PM
I have just received this email from Andrew Sleight
"First of all, apologies for the lack of communication so far this season concerning the stalled start of our new video streaming service for overseas supporters.

We appreciate that is unacceptable and moving forward won’t happen again – we were awaiting clarity on several issues before trying to deliver an informative update.

Unfortunately the proposed installation of a bespoke dedicated broadband line was severely delayed and, even though the cabling was put in place early this week, the finalisation hasn’t happened in time to broadcast Saturday’s home game against Queen of the South.

This is deeply frustrating and compounds the negativity surrounding a product that was designed to greatly enhance your viewing of home games from overseas.

But we can confirm that live video streaming will take place for the Alloa Athletic home match on Saturday 13 December then covering every home game and some away games for the rest of the season.

We understand the level of disappointment concerning the delay and the subsequent lack of clarity. Unless there is any further unforeseen complication, the issue is now in the final stages of being resolved.

As a result of the ongoing problems experienced, we would like to offer all of our overseas Hibs TV subscribers a free month’s subscription to the service.

This is a gesture to apologise for what we accept has been a wholly frustrating and disappointing experience for our overseas subscribers.

Once again, Hibernian Football Club would like to genuinely apologise for the delay and hopefully now we can draw a line under it and all look forward to an excellent video streaming service."

November 14th and an e-mail has been sent to subscribers telling them what`s going on.
Cable will be ready for 13th December... just in time for this chap :xwave

One month refund :faint:

The audio commentary was superb last week, as it has been every week, but as much as it`s fantastic to be able to hear Hibs-biased commentary from some of the more remote away games (and it really is btw - it`s priceless to have that and hats off to the guys who deliver that service) as well as the home games, that`s not what we paid for. We paid for video broadcasts. There have been some, but several haven`t worked at all, some have crashed and some have half worked. The one constant is that nobody who paid their 90 quid or pays by DD has been kept in the loop or has had a clue as to what`s going on. I`m away for a cup of herbal tea. I hope there`ll be audio commentary on Saturday at least.

hongkonghibee
14-11-2014, 02:20 PM
First of all, thanks for posting this HKH. I didn`t receive the e-mail.

The audio commentary was superb last week, as it has been every week, but as much as it`s fantastic to be able to hear Hibs-biased commentary from some of the more remote away games (and it really is btw - it`s priceless to have that and hats off to the guys who deliver that service) as well as the home games, that`s not what we paid for. We paid for video broadcasts. There have been some, but several haven`t worked at all, some have crashed and some have half worked. The one constant is that nobody who paid their 90 quid or pays by DD has been kept in the loop or has had a clue as to what`s going on. I`m away for a cup of herbal tea. I hope there`ll be audio commentary on Saturday at least.

I just hope that whatever else is going on, that Hibs have been giving BT absolute hell over this. I suspect they haven`t, but I live in hope...

Totally agree. This email should have been sent to everyone on HibsTV mailing list and posted as a news item on the official site. It is so frustrating they still cant get communications with us sorted out.

Berwickhibby
14-11-2014, 04:07 PM
Another piss poor performance from Hibs TV, the day before the game we receive an email that the game will not be shown, yet we were told the service would be up and running in Sep then Oct then Nov now Dec..... I paid for an annual fee expecting to see Hibs play games....... We will actually get to see any games this year on this service.

Septimus
14-11-2014, 04:20 PM
Again I say it. Is there no alternative ?

Centre Hawf
14-11-2014, 09:39 PM
November 14th and an e-mail has been sent to subscribers telling them what`s going on.

I think by the sounds of it had there been a home game next weekend it would have been working for that. Unfortunately we're not playing at home for another month. Communication has been poor though and should be improved. But at least we seem to be getting over the hill.

The Green Goblin
15-11-2014, 01:05 AM
I think by the sounds of it had there been a home game next weekend it would have been working for that. Unfortunately we're not playing at home for another month. Communication has been poor though and should be improved. But at least we seem to be getting over the hill.

I know. I am only so frustrated because I am such a big fan of Hibs TV (if you see what I mean).

JON6207
15-11-2014, 07:47 AM
I know. I am only so frustrated because I am such a big fan of Hibs TV (if you see what I mean).

Still dont understand why they can't revert to the old system untill they get this sorted. It wasnt perfect but it was something

Keith_M
15-11-2014, 07:55 AM
Anyone heard anything from the club about the progress made in laying the new internet cable? Its been 3 months now since they started selling the new overseas Hibs TV subscription, and the communications from the club to overseas supporters has been awful. Nothing on the official site about if the next home match against Queen of the South will be available on video. Yet they still sell the product. LD and HibsTV are still failing to communicate with overseas supporters. No emails to subscribers, no news report on progress or lack of it on the official site, nothing on HibsTV home page. We are in the dark. Anyone know anything? Anyone spotted internet cable layers around Easter Road?

LD included the HibsTV issues in her 'hit and run' post a few weeks ago.

Does that count as action on her part?

Septimus
15-11-2014, 10:34 AM
Still dont understand why they can't revert to the old system untill they get this sorted. It wasnt perfect but it was something

Exactly.

hongkonghibee
15-11-2014, 11:01 AM
Looking at the Official Site now.
(1) There is a matchday news item on front page, with no mention of Hibs TV coverage
(2) On the Hibs TV page they are still selling live video subscriptions to overseas supporters for one month and one year, knowing that the match today is not being shown on video.
(3) Nothing from HibsTV administration on the "live match" comments section. But there is a comment from a new subscriber asking about the schedule for live games. No reply.
(4) Next to viewing screen it states "Next live game starts on: Sat, 15th Nov at 12:49" What does that mean?

This kind of bad communication is still going on, and LD has not sorted it out as she said she would in the one post on here.

jacomo
15-11-2014, 11:55 AM
This kind of bad communication is still going on, and LD has not sorted it out as she said she would in the one post on here.

Just shows that the turnaround under LD is very much a work in progress. There was so much wrong with Hibs that she has been fire-fighting on several fronts, and mistakes will happen.

Offering 1 month free to subscribers who have already gone 3 months without the service they have paid for is emblematic of the problems at the club. I can fully understand the frustration here - I am sure LD is as frustrated as the rest of us.

If you are not happy, complain - but do so in a constructive manner that sets out how the club should fix it.

The Green Goblin
15-11-2014, 12:54 PM
If you are not happy, complain - but do so in a constructive manner that sets out how the club should fix it.

People have written emails to the club, posted on here, asked questions in the chat box on the Hibs TV video page every week, its been brought up by Pathead more than once at WT and LD herself acknowledged it as an "own goal" in that post a while back.

It's now mid November and the subscribers just received their first ever e-mail from the club explaining what has been going wrong since the season began in August. For three and a half months of poor or nonexistent service, no-one has bothered to communicate with the fans.

Time and time again that is all people have asked for: just to be kept informed as to what's going on. That is something the club could have done to start "fixing it". People would have understood and forgiven the issues if they knew what they were in the first place. How hard is it to write an email to explain what's going on? Why has that taken nearly four months to do?

So given the above, what is it you think all the subscribers should have done that they haven't done?

PeeJay
15-11-2014, 01:23 PM
People have written emails to the club, posted on here, asked questions in the chat box on the Hibs TV video page every week, its been brought up by Pathead more than once at WT and LD herself acknowledged it as an "own goal" in that post a while back.

It's now mid November and the subscribers just received their first ever e-mail from the club explaining what has been going wrong since the season began in August. For three and a half months of poor or nonexistent service, no-one has bothered to communicate with the fans.

Time and time again that is all people have asked for: just to be kept informed as to what's going on. That is something the club could have done to start "fixing it". People would have understood and forgiven the issues if they knew what they were in the first place. How hard is it to write an email to explain what's going on? Why has that taken nearly four months to do?

So given the above, what is it you think all the subscribers should have done that they haven't done?

Excellent post - we - the subscribers - have often enough suggested ways of improving things and we have shown more than enough patience - I've been paying for a service regularly that regularly fails to provide - THEY do not need any more constructive criticism from us: THEY need to get it right.
Communication is currently a major problem (it wasn't always that way...), the website is a disaster, in terms of information and - I can't access my log-in data to change the password or anything (maybe that's just me though) - It's symptomatic of the whole club which is rooted deep in amateurism, so I'm not surprised by anything - or that the start date for live videos keeps getting pushed back ...

newmarket_hibbee
15-11-2014, 02:01 PM
Excellent post - we - the subscribers - have often enough suggested ways of improving things and we have shown more than enough patience - I've been paying for a service regularly that regularly fails to provide - THEY do not need any more constructive criticism from us: THEY need to get it right.
Communication is currently a major problem (it wasn't always that way...), the website is a disaster, in terms of information and - I can't access my log-in data to change the password or anything (maybe that's just me though) - It's symptomatic of the whole club which is rooted deep in amateurism, so I'm not surprised by anything - or that the start date for live videos keeps getting pushed back ... I just applied here I the response I received.........Hello there

First of all, apologies for the lack of communication so far this season concerning the stalled start of our new video streaming service for overseas supporters.

Once again, Hibernian Football Club would like to genuinely apologise for the delay and hopefully now we can draw a line under it and all look forward to an excellent video streaming service.

Many thanks

HiBremian
15-11-2014, 02:05 PM
Anyone else having problems getting audio stream?

"Cannot load M3U8: 404 not found" :confused::confused:

PeeJay
15-11-2014, 02:07 PM
Newmarket in Ontario - if you joined today and that was the response you got it will certainly paint a different picture to the one we old suffering HIbs TV fans have been "watching" for some years now - enjoy it, you'll soon be moaning along with the rest of us...:greengrin

hongkonghibee
15-11-2014, 02:08 PM

you need to refresh browser and choose "audio only" from drop-down menu

PeeJay
15-11-2014, 02:08 PM

Refresh the screen and set the pull-down box to "Audio only" ...

HiBremian
15-11-2014, 02:11 PM
Refresh the screen and set the pull-down box to "Audio only" ...

Ah right, spotted it in comments. Ta!

The Green Goblin
15-11-2014, 02:36 PM
Communication is currently a major problem (it wasn't always that way...), the website is a disaster, in terms of information and - I can't access my log-in data to change the password or anything (maybe that's just me though) - It's symptomatic of the whole club which is rooted deep in amateurism, so I'm not surprised by anything - or that the start date for live videos keeps getting pushed back ...

Cheers PJ. About the bit you wrote in bold :agree:- Andrew Sleight used to send a wee pdf version of The Hibernian pre-game every week, with any news about stuff that was going on and which included a generally cheery greeting to hibs fans worldwide - I loved that; it was exactly the kind of personal communication which has been missing this season. I think they have probably replaced all separate e-news with The Bulletin, but even so, I agree completely with you that it wasn`t always that way.

Hibs TV will eventually be an amazing service for overseas fans - as I have said on this thread and elsewhere previously, in many respects, it already is: just being able to get excellent commentary on some of the more "remote" away games this season, never mind on the ER games, is pure gold - but it is chronic lack of communication with the fans, just an e-mail on a regular basis to keep folks informed is all it would have taken, which has caused all the problems here.

Having paid 90 quid for video streams, I do think people are at least entitled to say they are not happy, but the wall of silence for the last 3.5 months is what has caused any frustration and anger. Just look at the response to the e-mail that was sent to prove that point - folks are already saying, "okay, not ideal but now that we know what`s going on and where we stand, we can appreciate what`s happened and look forward".

Which is what I will do now as well. :wink: I stand by my posts on this though. GGTTH

norwayhibs
15-11-2014, 02:50 PM
Live coverage with video on peterandroughie.com, now dont get excited, the video feed is of the commentators??? But the point is it, if they can send out a video feed which this first half has been perfect, why oh why cant hibs tv do this.

EastCalderHibby
15-11-2014, 04:26 PM
Who does the commentary for hibs tv absolutely dire ended up on forth 2 as the htv was filled with long silences part
comments so frustrating total waste of money if that's the quality

jacomo
15-11-2014, 05:41 PM

Sorry, not saying you haven't done these things, meant it as encouragement to keep gong. If you are unhappy with offer of 1 month free by way of apology, say so! LD might feel bombarded with complaints at times, but vast majority probably justified and she is keen on dialogue with the fans...

The Green Goblin
15-11-2014, 08:00 PM
Sorry, not saying you haven't done these things, meant it as encouragement to keep gong. If you are unhappy with offer of 1 month free by way of apology, say so! LD might feel bombarded with complaints at times, but vast majority probably justified and she is keen on dialogue with the fans...

Fair dos js. As you will see above, am not throwing in the towel, far from it, just frustrated when the solution all along was about as simple as it gets: send people an e-mail! :greengrin

My own thought on the refund is currently to ask them to give it to Kicks for Kids rather than me. But it's such a small amount (individually). If all other overseas subs agreed, then that might make it worth the gesture. Just a thought.

Re LD, I appreciate that and was actually thinking of trying to meet her when I head over next month to talk about HTV and other ideas regarding international supporters. Don't know if she'd have time for that though. Again, just an idea.

StokePogesHibs
16-11-2014, 04:46 AM
Big own goal for the club again. The reality is that we were promised a mail 4 weeks ago. I was told that it was 'in for approval'. One month later we get a derisory offer of a month when we have not had the service since the start of the season. Way to go Hibs and really reward that loyal bunch of nutters who get up/stay up to support the club from afar. What an insult:fibber: