PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: MALONGA JETS OFF TO CONGO

RSS Bot
10-11-2014, 10:00 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/4908)

hibs0666
10-11-2014, 10:07 AM
Good luck to the big man. I'm sure it will be an experience he will never forget.

JimBHibees
10-11-2014, 10:13 AM
When is he due back?

Hermit Crab
10-11-2014, 10:18 AM
When is he due back?

Before xmas if they get knocked out.

TheFamous1875
10-11-2014, 10:28 AM
Well done to the big man, hope it does wonders for his experience and enriches his time as a player for us.

does this mean we're gonna go 4-3-3 now? Or can Heffernan fill the role up top in the 4-4-2 diamond?

Ozyhibby
10-11-2014, 10:33 AM
I think it bollocks if I'm honest.
What's the point in signing a striker as cover for a guy that's injured only for him to be away for half that time himself?
Sounds like poor planning to me.
I wish the guy well but I'm sick that just as it looks like we might be getting going again our main striker is away.
We can't now bring in cover for the cover, can we?

The_Horde
10-11-2014, 10:40 AM
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikola_%C5%BDigi%C4%87

This guy's a free agent..

scoopyboy
10-11-2014, 10:47 AM
What's the point in signing a striker as cover for a guy that's injured only for him to be away for half that time himself?
I wish the guy well but I'm sick that just as it looks like we might be getting going again our main striker is away.

Overreaction of the year.

He misses the QOTS match, one game FFS>

1875er
10-11-2014, 11:02 AM
Wonder whether he will get free Um Bongo?

IanM
10-11-2014, 11:10 AM

I suppose it was bad planning bringing in Farid as well, i mean we must have known he was going to get injured.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
10-11-2014, 11:12 AM
Good luck Dom. :aok:

Gatecrasher
10-11-2014, 11:24 AM
Good Luck Malonga!!! :thumbsup:

Borderhibbie76
10-11-2014, 11:29 AM

Calm doon mate he currently misses 1 match...we should be pleased our players are getting international recognition no??

TowerHibs
10-11-2014, 11:38 AM

yeah ppor planning signing a guy who has not played International football and has rejected Congo's advances in the past.

Imagine Gray got called up for Scotland instead of Patterson. Poor planning getting those International call ups making you miss 1 game.

By all means knock Hibs when they do something bad but come on....

Squealing pig
10-11-2014, 12:13 PM
Good luck big man

scottish_sleepy
10-11-2014, 12:50 PM
Unless by some miracle they qualify for the finals then we lose him for a month

scoopyboy
10-11-2014, 01:13 PM
Unless by some miracle they qualify for the finals then we lose him for a month

Assuming they win it or get to the final.

If knocked out earlier a fortnight.

They will be lucky to qualify never mind win it.

Craig_HFC
10-11-2014, 01:16 PM
Think he'll miss the Dumbarton game too.

DH1875
10-11-2014, 01:27 PM
Who they playing?

ruthven_raiders
10-11-2014, 06:54 PM
Assuming they win it or get to the final.

If knocked out earlier a fortnight.

They will be lucky to qualify never mind win it.

Mmmm have a look at their position in their group, they are in with a great chance of qualifying lol

Dinkydoo
10-11-2014, 07:26 PM
*cough* Emergency *cough* Loan

Ps: Good luck to Malonga, the lazy *****. 😉

Eyrie
10-11-2014, 07:40 PM

If only Malonga had played poorly for us instead of scoring all those goals, then you'd having nothing to complain about.

I'm pleased that he can get a call up based on his performances for us, wish him well and look forward to him earning many more caps.

NadeAteMyLunch!
10-11-2014, 08:19 PM
So Congo haven't qualified for 14 years? Seems a cert that they will this year now that it means we will lose our striker for a few weeks 😐

EastCalderHibby
10-11-2014, 08:23 PM
Good luck big man :thumbsup:

HiBremian
10-11-2014, 08:40 PM
So Congo haven't qualified for 14 years? Seems a cert that they will this year now that it means we will lose our striker for a few weeks [emoji52]

http://www.livescore.com/soccer/africa-cup-of-nations/qualification-group-a/fixtures/7-days/

Looks like you could be right there, NAML. If they beat Nigeria on Saturday they're through, no? Dom to score a hat-trick. It's the, ahem, Hibs way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Steve20
11-11-2014, 07:53 AM
Calm doon mate he currently misses 1 match...we should be pleased our players are getting international recognition no??

Not really. It's important they play well for Hibs. Playing for an international team has no interest at all. All it means is we lose our best striker available for a big match this weekend.

Liberal Hibby
11-11-2014, 02:02 PM
So Congo haven't qualified for 14 years? Seems a cert that they will this year now that it means we will lose our striker for a few weeks 

Looks like the finals may be off...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30004279

cabbageandribs1875
11-11-2014, 02:06 PM
Looks like the finals may be off...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30004279

hardly

Qualification matches for the tournament will continue as planned on 14 and 15 November to decide which 15 teams will join the new host country for the finals.

CropleyWasGod
11-11-2014, 03:31 PM
hardly

Qualification matches for the tournament will continue as planned on 14 and 15 November to decide which 15 teams will join the new host country for the finals.

Congo.... :greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
14-11-2014, 07:38 PM

nope
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30053859

Equatorial Guinea have been named as the hosts for the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations, the Confederation of African Football has confirmed to the BBC.

African football's governing body also announced that Equatorial Guinea will play in the tournament - despite the team being disqualified in July for fielding an ineligible player (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28160200) in a preliminary qualifier against Mauritania on 17 May.

making the rules up as they go along....much like the SFA :greengrin

Sir David Gray
14-11-2014, 07:50 PM

As long as it's not Sierra Leone, Guinea or Liberia then we're fine.

greenlex
14-11-2014, 08:10 PM
Do they have um bongo instead of lucouzade in the bottles?

DH1875
15-11-2014, 07:34 AM
As long as it's not Sierra Leone, Guinea or Liberia then we're fine.

Any of them teams in line to qualify though? If they did, would they stop fans from flying?

Sir David Gray
15-11-2014, 09:05 PM
Any of them teams in line to qualify though? If they did, would they stop fans from flying?

Liberia were knocked out in the first round, Sierra Leone are bottom of their group and therefore cannot qualify but Guinea will qualify if they beat Uganda in their final match on Wednesday.

Incidentally, Congo will qualify if they beat Sudan (who are bottom of the group) and Nigeria fail to beat South Africa (who are top of the group) in the final round of matches on Wednesday.

DH1875
16-11-2014, 02:44 AM
So what happens if Guinea qualify. Will they, their fans be allowed to travel?

scoopyboy
16-11-2014, 10:54 AM
Malonga didn't make the bench never mind the team.

Congo lost 2-0 at home to Nigeria and now appear unlikely to qualify.

Sir David Gray
16-11-2014, 11:04 AM
So what happens if Guinea qualify. Will they, their fans be allowed to travel?

No idea.

I'm guessing they might be as that may have been one of the reasons why Morocco refused to host it. Maybe Equatorial Guinea don't have the same concerns.

It would be interesting to see what happens.

Billy Whizz
16-11-2014, 11:08 AM
Malonga didn't make the bench never mind the team.

Congo lost 2-0 at home to Nigeria and now appear unlikely to qualify.

Hope they send him home of he's not needed for the midweek game

Billy Whizz
19-11-2014, 04:58 PM
I see Conga won 3-1 today. Doesn't look like Malonga was even on the bench again

Sir David Gray
19-11-2014, 05:15 PM
I see Conga won 3-1 today. Doesn't look like Malonga was even on the bench again

That was Democratic Republic of Congo, Malonga plays for Republic of Congo.

At the moment Congo are drawing 0-0 with Sudan. With South Africa currently beating Nigeria 2-0, Congo will qualify for the finals as things stand.

Malonga started on the bench tonight for Congo.

Billy Whizz
19-11-2014, 05:20 PM

At the moment Congo are drawing 0-0 with Sudan. With South Africa currently beating Nigeria 2-0, Congo will qualify for the finals as things stand.

Oops

Boydyhfc
19-11-2014, 05:29 PM

0-1 Congo after 70 Minutes...

Sir David Gray
19-11-2014, 05:34 PM
Congo go 1-0 up against Sudan and Nigeria pull one back against South Africa, now 2-1.

Around 15 minutes left and unless there's a huge turnaround in that time then Congo will be going to the finals.

Sir David Gray
19-11-2014, 05:57 PM
Full time;

Nigeria 2-2 South Africa
Sudan 0-1 Congo

Congo qualify for the finals.

emerald green
19-11-2014, 06:02 PM
Full time;

Nigeria 2-2 South Africa
Sudan 0-1 Congo

Sorry if this is already out there, I'm trying to catch up! What does this potentially mean as far as the number of games Hibs could be without Malonga?

Billy Whizz
19-11-2014, 06:02 PM
Full time;

Nigeria 2-2 South Africa
Sudan 0-1 Congo

So we could be without him for a few games in Jan/Feb if selected

Sir David Gray
19-11-2014, 06:10 PM
Sorry if this is already out there, I'm trying to catch up! What does this potentially mean as far as the number of games Hibs could be without Malonga?

So we could be without him for a few games in Jan/Feb if selected

It's being held from January 17th to February 8th.

If he's picked for their squad, he may miss the following matches;

17/1 - Cowdenbeath (H)
24/1 - Queen of the South (A)
31/1 - Raith Rovers (H)
7/2 - Scottish Cup 5th round

Depending on how early Congo want their players to join up to the squad, he might also miss the game at home to Falkirk on 10th January.

emerald green
19-11-2014, 06:16 PM

17/1 - Cowdenbeath (H)
31/1 - Raith Rovers (H)

Depending on how early Congo want their players to join up to the squad, he might also miss the game at home to Falkirk on 10th January.

Thanks for that info Trig.

Maybe Farid will be approaching being fit enough to play by then, maybe not? If not, Hibs need to strengthen in the striker department in the January window.

Also, one or two of the U20s should be given a chance in the first team too. 7-0 win the other night versus Dundee was highly encouraging.

Jack
19-11-2014, 06:44 PM
He might not be selected.

Eyrie
19-11-2014, 07:11 PM
He might not be selected.

I'd prefer that Malonga is selected, because that would mean he's been scoring plenty for us.

Just got to hope that El Alagui is back by then.

Jack
19-11-2014, 07:32 PM
I'd prefer that Malonga is selected, because that would mean he's been scoring plenty for us.

I'm mixed, probably wanting him to go. Hopefully coming back buzzin and learning big time from the experience.

eastterrace
19-11-2014, 08:28 PM

17/1 - Cowdenbeath (H)
31/1 - Raith Rovers (H)

thats a bit off a bummer, but maybe super leigh will be with us by then.

Hermit Crab
19-11-2014, 08:33 PM

17/1 - Cowdenbeath (H)
31/1 - Raith Rovers (H)

So he's back for the derby match.

Bronson
19-11-2014, 08:52 PM
I'm chuffed for the big guy, but concerned at the same time. We seriously missed him on saturday, we had no physical presence up top without him.

Sir David Gray
19-11-2014, 09:56 PM
So he's back for the derby match.

The derby's on January 3rd so he'll be fine for that.

StarMan10
19-11-2014, 10:50 PM

don't think we'l see Farid til late feb/early march at the earliest. hope I'm wrong, his recovery does seen to be going well!

Sir David Gray
19-11-2014, 11:28 PM
don't think we'l see Farid til late feb/early march at the earliest. hope I'm wrong, his recovery does seen to be going well!

:agree: I might be wrong but I think the recovery time for the injury he picked up is usually 12 months and when it was announced that he had undergone his surgery, it was reported that the kind of surgery he had, cuts the recovery time in half making it around 6 months.

Since he picked up the injury at the end of August, I would expect to see him around the beginning of March.

heretoday
20-11-2014, 06:40 AM

Do they drink it in the Congo?

Tyler Durden
20-11-2014, 07:47 AM
Full time;

Nigeria 2-2 South Africa
Sudan 0-1 Congo

Damn you and your knowledge of the Congo and their democracy

Leithenhibby
20-11-2014, 08:40 AM
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/nov/19/nigeria-eliminated-africa-cup-of-nations

Keith_M
20-11-2014, 10:16 AM

Can't these countries get some proper names, so we can tell them apart?

:rolleyes:

Sir David Gray
20-11-2014, 10:52 AM
Can't these countries get some proper names, so we can tell them apart?

:rolleyes:

If you think that's bad, spare a thought for the natives of Guinea, Guinea-Bissau and Equatorial Guinea. :greengrin

Keith_M
20-11-2014, 11:04 AM
If you think that's bad, spare a thought for the natives of Guinea, Guinea-Bissau and Equatorial Guinea. :greengrin

Jeezo!

Mathias Jack
20-11-2014, 02:15 PM
Thanks for that info Trig.

Maybe Farid will be approaching being fit enough to play by then, maybe not? If not, Hibs need to strengthen in the striker department in the January window.

Also, one or two of the U20s should be given a chance in the first team too. 7-0 win the other night versus Dundee was highly encouraging.

Seen Lewis Allan got himself a hat trick the other day against Dundee, been named on the bench a few times for the first team too this season. Anybody seen him in action? Just wondered if he'd be ready for a run in the first team...

Sir David Gray
20-11-2014, 02:22 PM
Seen Lewis Allan got himself a hat trick the other day against Dundee, been named on the bench a few times for the first team too this season. Anybody seen him in action? Just wondered if he'd be ready for a run in the first team...

I'm certain that we'll see him at some point if Malonga does get picked for the African Nations Cup, if not before.

I don't know much about him other than what I've read on here but it all seems quite positive. With El Alagui injured until around March and Malonga probably leaving us for a few weeks at the end of January, Stubbs probably won't have too much of an option other than to give someone like that a shot.

Unless he dips into the transfer market in January.

silverhibee
20-11-2014, 02:31 PM
I'm certain that we'll see him at some point if Malonga does get picked for the African Nations Cup, if not before.

I don't know much about him other than what I've read on here but it all seems quite positive. With El Alagui injured until around March and Malonga probably leaving us for a few weeks at the end of January, Stubbs probably won't have too much of an option other than to give someone like that a shot.

Unless he dips into the transfer market in January.

The money is there to bring in a striker.

GreenLake
20-11-2014, 02:55 PM
The money is there to bring in a striker.

Everybody knows who that striker should be.

:hyper:

Sir David Gray
20-11-2014, 03:15 PM

We do.

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

silverhibee
20-11-2014, 04:02 PM

But does he really want to come back to us.

"just arrived at paradise for the Scotland game" :rolleyes:

He seems to have fell in love with another club that was second to wear green.

SteveHFC
20-11-2014, 04:07 PM
We do.

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

This :hyper:

I really believe Leigh will be a Hibs player come Januray if not i'll stop posting on here :wink:

Sir David Gray
20-11-2014, 04:38 PM
But does he really want to come back to us.

"just arrived at paradise for the Scotland game" :rolleyes:

He seems to have fell in love with another club that was second to wear green.

It's all just lip service. :wink:

I really believe Leigh will be a Hibs player come Januray if not i'll stop posting on here :wink:

What a choice that is! :greengrin

Bronson
20-11-2014, 05:13 PM

Sounds like a win-win!

Just joking Steve, I personally rate the gifs:greengrin

Keith_M
20-11-2014, 05:22 PM

I'm gonna keep you to that promise!

:wink:

AlbertK86
20-11-2014, 05:27 PM
Stubbs on STV just now talking about needing a striker if dom selected for cup.

Mentioned Farid will hopefully getting closer but did have transfer targets and sometimes with bad news comes good news

Wry grin on his face !

Is the good news Leigh coming home 😏👍

hibbymark
20-11-2014, 05:35 PM

I've seen quiet a bit of Lewis for the under 20s and in fleeting glimpses for the first team during pre season. He sometimes looks physically unplayable at under 20s level he's a big strong boy and he looks the real deal to me. He reminds me of a young Garry O but with a brain!

leither17
20-11-2014, 05:37 PM
I've seen quiet a bit of Lewis for the under 20s and in fleeting glimpses for the first team during pre season. He sometimes looks physically unplayable at under 20s level he's a big strong boy and he looks the real deal to me. He reminds me of a young Garry O but with a brain!

With a brain that is a lethal combination

lord bunberry
20-11-2014, 06:31 PM

I hope he isn't, we're Donald Ducked if he goes.

over the line
20-11-2014, 11:38 PM

Does the ER Ribena carton ban extend to Um Bongo? If not, this loophole clearly needs closing! ;):)

silverhibee
20-11-2014, 11:49 PM
It's all just lip service. :wink:

What a choice that is! :greengrin

It was a Scotland game he was going to. :wink:

Ronniekirk
21-11-2014, 07:30 AM
Stubbs on STV just now talking about needing a striker if dom selected for cup.

Mentioned Farid will hopefully getting closer but did have transfer targets and sometimes with bad news comes good news

Wry grin on his face !

Is the good news Leigh coming home 

We will have no idea if Farid will make full recovery and he won't want to push him and risk him breaking down so makes sense to go for another Proven Striker , but he is also on record as saying we still need cover for gray , and all three centre backs have been out injured a different points this season already ,so that must be on his mind as well . If he could move craig on ,we could do with a midfielder that can chip in with goals ,thought Scott Allan may do that ,but he is key playmaker and we need players that can read what he is going to do and get on the end of some of those killer passes he plays and finish the move off .

Sir David Gray
03-12-2014, 07:16 PM
The draw for the Africa Cup of Nations has just been made and Congo have a very good draw.

They are the highest ranked side in their group which also includes Equatorial Guinea, Gabon and Burkina Faso.

They will fancy their chances of progressing beyond the group stages now.

Full group draw for anyone who's interested;

GROUP A

Congo
Gabon
Burkina Faso
Equatorial Guinea

GROUP B

Tunisia
Cape Verde
DR Congo
Zambia

GROUP C

Algeria
Senegal
Ghana
South Africa

GROUP D

Ivory Coast
Guinea
Cameroon
Mali

Congo open up the tournament against the hosts Equatorial Guinea on 17th January.

Aldo
03-12-2014, 07:21 PM
Hope they get totally pumped and put out ASAP so we can get him back.

Hermit Crab
03-12-2014, 07:36 PM
Hope they get totally pumped and put out ASAP so we can get him back.

He will still be suspended for the cup game regardless.

Sir David Gray
03-12-2014, 07:40 PM

Yeah but if they went out at the group stage, he could be back for the game against Raith Rovers on 31st January.

Aldo
03-12-2014, 07:48 PM

Yip but tbh if we cannot beat Arbroath without him I'd be bitterly disappointed.

Yeah but if they went out at the group stage, he could be back for the game against Raith Rovers on 31st January.

This. This is why I want them out ASAP!!

Bronson
03-12-2014, 08:43 PM
I'm no expert on remote African national football teams, but that looks a pretty kind draw for Congo on the face of it.

andrew70
03-12-2014, 08:48 PM
We able to watch the tournament across here?

Sir David Gray
03-12-2014, 08:50 PM
we able to watch the tournament across here?

Yep.

ITV 4.

davhibby
03-12-2014, 09:09 PM
Bad group from our point of view, not that I've seen any of those teams but it does look good for Congo. I don't mind them doing well as long as Malonga plays

theonlywayisup
03-12-2014, 10:39 PM
No Egypt, Morocco nor Nigeria in that draw! Assume they didn't qualify.

The draw for the Africa Cup of Nations has just been made and Congo have a very good draw.

They are the highest ranked side in their group which also includes Equatorial Guinea, Gabon and Burkina Faso.

GROUP A

Congo
Gabon
Burkina Faso
Equatorial Guinea

GROUP B

Tunisia
Cape Verde
DR Congo
Zambia

GROUP C

Algeria
Senegal
Ghana
South Africa

GROUP D

Ivory Coast
Guinea
Cameroon
Mali

Congo open up the tournament against the hosts Equatorial Guinea on 17th January.

Sir David Gray
03-12-2014, 11:21 PM
No Egypt, Morocco nor Nigeria in that draw! Assume they didn't qualify.

Morocco were originally chosen to host the tournament but it was moved to Equatorial Guinea after Morocco wanted to postpone the start date of the tournament over fears regarding the Ebola virus.

Nigeria missed out on the last day of qualifying to Congo after they could only draw with South Africa.

Egypt had a terrible qualifying campaign, finishing third in their group and well behind Tunisia and Senegal.

Hermit Crab
04-12-2014, 06:16 AM

They will qualify.

andrew70
04-12-2014, 10:05 AM
Yep.

ITV 4.

👍 thanks

scoopyboy
04-12-2014, 11:37 AM

GROUP A

Congo
Gabon
Burkina Faso
Equatorial Guinea

GROUP B

Tunisia
Cape Verde
DR Congo
Zambia

GROUP C

Algeria
Senegal
Ghana
South Africa

GROUP D

Ivory Coast
Guinea
Cameroon
Mali

You sure about that Trig?

Burkino Faso were the runners up in 2013.

Congo were in the 4th seeded hat.

Group C has four of the best teams in the tourney, two obviously have to go out.

Congo will have a reasonable chance of qualifying.

Nevi_SOL
04-12-2014, 01:23 PM
Good chance for some goals and playing time for malonga there can only help us when he comes back.

Sir David Gray
04-12-2014, 09:10 PM
You sure about that Trig?

Burkino Faso were the runners up in 2013.

Congo were in the 4th seeded hat.

Group C has four of the best teams in the tourney, two obviously have to go out.

Congo will have a reasonable chance of qualifying.

Yeah.

Congo-59th
Gabon-64th
Burkina Faso-65th
Equatorial Guinea-119th

I'm not too sure how they worked the groups out to be honest. As you say, Group C's teams are some of the best in the entire tournament, in fact all four teams in that group are ranked higher than any of the teams in Congo's group. Also, other than the other three teams in their group, Zambia's the only other team which has qualified for the tournament which is ranked lower than Congo in the current FIFA rankings.

They have had an amazing draw.