PDA

View Full Version : Odds on Hibs to gain promotion ?

Stuarty27
09-11-2014, 11:11 AM
Does anyone know what price Hibs are to gain promotion?

Can't see if anyone actually taking bets for it as well ??

DTS
09-11-2014, 11:15 AM
40/1 to win it on sky bet

DTS
09-11-2014, 11:16 AM
I will add that we are only 33/1 to win the scottish

Stuarty27
09-11-2014, 11:19 AM
Looking for odds up thru the playoffs

DTS
09-11-2014, 11:20 AM
Looking for odds up thru the playoffs

There was nothing on sky bet for just promotion was only winners

Islington Hibs
09-11-2014, 01:00 PM
Check out odds checker

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/scottish/championship/winner

They make hearts very marginal favorites, over Rangers, to win it. For what it is worth my money would be on Rangers. We are expected to be a distant third. I guess that is possibly fair only because of our poor start. However. in terms of promotion being second is only a marginal benefit over being third. If we are third we would probably need to be QOS, Hearts and say Ross to go up. I would give us a 65% chance on the first game, on what I have seen so far 50/50 on the second (Hearts) and the winner of that I would expect to beat Ross- perhaps odds of 65% chance on winning so over all we have a 21% chance of playing Premiership footie next season. If Hearts are second I would given them around a 32% chance of promotion (50/50 v us and perhaps 65% also v Ross) Thoughts on my math?

rcarter1
09-11-2014, 01:42 PM
Check out odds checker

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/scottish/championship/winner

They make hearts very marginal favorites, over Rangers, to win it. For what it is worth my money would be on Rangers. We are expected to be a distant third. I guess that is possibly fair only because of our poor start. However. in terms of promotion being second is only a marginal benefit over being third. If we are third we would probably need to be QOS, Hearts and say Ross to go up. I would give us a 65% chance on the first game, on what I have seen so far 50/50 on the second (Hearts) and the winner of that I would expect to beat Ross- perhaps odds of 65% chance on winning so over all we have a 21% chance of playing Premiership footie next season. If Hearts are second I would given them around a 32% chance of promotion (50/50 v us and perhaps 65% also v Ross) Thoughts on my math?

I pretty much agree! The season was about getting first, but lets be honest, that was a 2:1 shot at the absolute very best. I am expecting Championship football again next season, but nothing is impossible. Barring an unlikely title win, keeping the Jambos down here while we get promoted through the play offs would be most 'seethe-inducing'. With the team looking competitive, we will at least be in with a shout.

chrisski33
09-11-2014, 01:44 PM
This year or next year?

NORTHERNHIBBY
09-11-2014, 06:27 PM
If the top four of the Championship were playing in the SPL this season in a 16 team set up, I think us, Hearts and Rangers would stay up. As for our chances this season, we would have more chance beating the The Rangers in the play-offs before Hearts. Hard as that may be to swallow, it may be in our best interests if Hearts win the league.:tin hat:

darwenhibby
09-11-2014, 07:19 PM
If the top four of the Championship were playing in the SPL this season in a 16 team set up, I think us, Hearts and Rangers would stay up. As for our chances this season, we would have more chance beating the The Rangers in the play-offs before Hearts. Hard as that may be to swallow, it may be in our best interests if Hearts win the league.:tin hat:
Differ on this one! I think it would be such a kick in the nads for the yaks to end up in the playoffs especially if the Huns pipped them on the last day of the season that they would be vulnerable in the playoffs !
Could be one more kick in the teeth for us hibbys but to keep them down would be sweet revenge !!

Bristolhibby
09-11-2014, 08:02 PM
Differ on this one! I think it would be such a kick in the nads for the yaks to end up in the playoffs especially if the Huns pipped them on the last day of the season that they would be vulnerable in the playoffs !
Could be one more kick in the teeth for us hibbys but to keep them down would be sweet revenge !!

My money would be on us getting another kick in the stones.

I'm conditioned to disappointment when it comes to Hibs v Hearts.

J

snooky
09-11-2014, 08:06 PM
I will add that we are only 33/1 to win the scottish

Promo & cup.
A good double, no? :wink:

£10x33x40 = £13,200.

erin go bragh
09-11-2014, 08:09 PM
40/1 to win it on sky bet

I bet us at 11-2 at the start of the season :(

Ggtth

Stuarty27
09-11-2014, 08:10 PM
There is no way we will win the league as we are too far behind at the minute, but I can see us going on a run and building up abit momentum into the play offs.

Just nobody is offering promotion rather than title winners anywhere i can see...

silverhibee
09-11-2014, 08:17 PM
This year or next year?

Patience :greengrin

Waxy
09-11-2014, 08:18 PM
Can't agree with that. What a good slice of revenge for us to beat them in a playoff.

rcarter1
09-11-2014, 09:19 PM
My money would be on us getting another kick in the stones.

I'm conditioned to disappointment when it comes to Hibs v Hearts.

J

If we don't put ourselves in these positions, we will never have a chance of pulling a 'big one' over them. Would love to get Hearts in the Play Offs.

monktonharp
09-11-2014, 09:51 PM
If we don't put ourselves in these positions, we will never have a chance of pulling a 'big one' over them. Would love to get Hearts in the Play Offs.:agree:I posted a similar scenario, a few weeks ago and still feel come the end of this year (xmas) we will be in better shape ,ready to make a challenge at least to the gorgie mob. unfortunately at present they continue to get all the usual luck in derbies, and are picking up wins that could easily been draws or defeats. we, on the other hand should have won a few now but get the draws. :brickwall

monktonharp
09-11-2014, 09:53 PM
If we don't put ourselves in these positions, we will never have a chance of pulling a 'big one' over them. Would love to get Hearts in the Play Offs. if that was to happen, can you guess which ground the second game would be at? I can see it all now:cb

ancient hibee
09-11-2014, 10:10 PM
There is no way we will win the league as we are too far behind at the minute, but I can see us going on a run and building up abit momentum into the play offs.

Just nobody is offering promotion rather than title winners anywhere i can see...

Can't see anyone offering odds against promotion until it becomes clearer who the possible SPL opponent would be.

Wembley67
09-11-2014, 10:12 PM
Or it could be a good thing staying in 2nd tier for another season...

Phil MaGlass
10-11-2014, 10:34 AM
The Rangers to go up 1st and us to take 2nd fae hertz in the playoffs

greenginger
10-11-2014, 12:11 PM
The Rangers to go up 1st and us to take 2nd fae hertz in the playoffs

With a 5 - 1 aggregate score, that would kill them ! :greengrin

davym7062
10-11-2014, 12:27 PM
U just know we would beat hearts in the play offs and lose to Ross county it's the hibs way

JimBHibees
10-11-2014, 12:36 PM
U just know we would beat hearts in the play offs and lose to Ross county it's the hibs way

Funny that Davy said the exact thing over the weekend.