PDA

View Full Version : The Cowden kettle

Dublin07
09-11-2014, 07:51 AM
I think it's only right to give it a thread of its own. For the fans in the patg section yesterday.
The poor kettle in the burger van worked its socks off yesterday in terrible conditions.
Thought the woman was taking the piss when she said we are waiting on the kettle boiling at half time. But no it was an actual kettle and no even a very big one at that.
Had to wait for the 3rd kettle for my sons hot chocolate and by that time he was so cold and wet we had to leave 5 minutes into the second half.
I hope the kettle made it to end or did they have to rest it after 70 minutes.

lord bunberry
09-11-2014, 07:59 AM
Is it our version of the aintree iron?

Hermit Crab
09-11-2014, 08:06 AM
What a bizarre thread! :wtf:

Walter
09-11-2014, 08:24 AM
Bizarre, yet important

Wilson
09-11-2014, 08:35 AM
Bizarre, yet important

Yes. Teams in the kingdom need to learn. If Hibs are playing a friendly at Dunfermline then get the turnstiles open and the pies in. Away at Cowdenbeath in the pishing rain? Get a better kettle!

One Day
09-11-2014, 08:53 AM
Bizarre, yet important

Lets have a whip round and buy them an urn

Keith_M
09-11-2014, 08:59 AM

I'm sure Mr Findlay could afford one on his own.

Real Emerald
09-11-2014, 10:13 AM
I think it's only right to give it a thread of its own. For the fans in the patg section yesterday.
The poor kettle in the burger van worked its socks off yesterday in terrible conditions.
Thought the woman was taking the piss when she said we are waiting on the kettle boiling at half time. But no it was an actual kettle and no even a very big one at that.
Had to wait for the 3rd kettle for my sons hot chocolate and by that time he was so cold and wet we had to leave 5 minutes into the second half.

Was it a singing kettle?

Ronniekirk
09-11-2014, 12:23 PM

One good Urn Deserves another .:wink:

Ronniekirk
09-11-2014, 12:28 PM
i must of got lucky as small que and when I got to front served immediately ,but did notice my mate standing further along and he left about 10 minutes before I did So guess one of the three kettles came to the boil at just the right time .Noticed they would not sell pies that were not hot enough .am sure some places would just of been shifting them regardless

Ronniekirk
09-11-2014, 12:31 PM
Was it a singing kettle?
Archie and Cilla were good folk singers in thier day in Fife ,but many a Singing Kettle show I took the kids to when younger and see they are still going strong but may be about to call it a day .

Phil D. Rolls
09-11-2014, 01:21 PM
Hibs supporting stock brokers reflect on day out to Central Fife, and fail to spot the irony.

Canongatehibs
09-11-2014, 03:14 PM

......and fill it with pish.