PDA

View Full Version : Laughable and sums them up

SMAXXA
08-11-2014, 08:08 PM
After that ozturk boy scores another long ranger today Scott fanny baws on the mc at Tyni announces the scorer and starts going on about alan Stubbs along the lines of that's 2 in a million strikes blah blah blah, even ma hearts mates were cringin, sad ****ers and we get humpty about ours playing a song, joke if you ask me.

The_Horde
08-11-2014, 08:11 PM
The keeper made an absolute erse of it as well. Sheer luck.

lord bunberry
08-11-2014, 08:12 PM
Classless tramps

GGTTH07
08-11-2014, 08:14 PM
I really dislike him.

Pretty Boy
08-11-2014, 08:15 PM
They are obsessives.

There was a thread on kickback the other day about some ship getting linked to them. The first 3 pages are full of 'imagine the seethe on .net' type posts. Didn't get a mention on here because no one cares so descended into a circle jerk and ended up in an argument amongst themselves. All they were interested in was a non existent reaction from here.

SteveHFC
08-11-2014, 08:19 PM
They are obsessives.

There was a thread on kickback the other day about some ship getting linked to them. The first 3 pages are full of 'imagine the seethe on .net' type posts. Didn't get a mention on here because no one cares so descended into a circle jerk and ended up in an argument amongst themselves. All they were interested in was a non existent reaction from here.

They're absoutley ****ing pathetic over there. Some decent posters on there though but you will get the usual ********s such as craigieboy posting all the time about us. :rolleyes:

Hermit Crab
08-11-2014, 08:36 PM
Doesn't even warrant a thread. "Well known hearts mc tries to rip Hibs over tannoy". Big deal.

NadeAteMyLunch!
08-11-2014, 08:38 PM
They are obsessives.

Seen something on FB about a ship being named after them. "We've chosen Hearts as us and the Navy are both recovering from tough times recently". They truly are revolting

Cod Boy
08-11-2014, 08:39 PM
Rangers and Celtic will go there later this month and put there smugness to bed.

B.H.F.C
08-11-2014, 08:41 PM
Yet we sack the guy on the tannoy for mocking them!!

Hermit Crab
08-11-2014, 08:52 PM
The keeper made an absolute erse of it as well. Sheer luck.

:agree: Horrendous goalkeeping. http://youtu.be/w_dmCOFE-08

crieffhibee
08-11-2014, 08:56 PM
If the shoe was on the other foot we'd be saying the guy was a hero

SaulGoodman
08-11-2014, 09:08 PM
If the shoe was on the other foot we'd be saying the guy was a hero

If the shoe was on the other foot our announcer wouldn't be slagging another teams manager that's not even involved in the game. Bit that sums they *******s up.

Ps, two wonder strikes don't make a **** defender a hero

CropleyWasGod
08-11-2014, 09:11 PM
If the shoe was on the other foot our announcer wouldn't be slagging another teams manager that's not even involved in the game. Bit that sums they *******s up.

Where's your Burley gone? :cb

Cameron1875
08-11-2014, 09:17 PM
Scott Wilson is basically kickback in one man. Total weirdo.

Makes you laugh that his beloved Hearts owed him about £1k on the creditors list

Hermit Crab
08-11-2014, 09:18 PM

His is goal today was by no means a wonder strike. Watch the video on this thread. Keeper should be shot.

Hibernia&Alba
08-11-2014, 09:22 PM
Wee team mentality. They're obsessed with Hibs.

stoneyburn hibs
08-11-2014, 09:32 PM
Cants

Pete
08-11-2014, 09:39 PM
Their collective behaviour is like that of a playground bully. Insecurity regarding their identity is my guess.

AlbertK86
08-11-2014, 09:43 PM
Be even better when we beat them in two leg play off

Maybe Stubbs can ask him to announce they've blown it like 86 again !

Long live king Albert of Kidd

GGTTH

Eyrie
08-11-2014, 09:55 PM
Who?

NadeAteMyLunch!
08-11-2014, 09:56 PM

Makes you laugh that his beloved Hearts owed him about £1k on the creditors list

Can imagine him pitching up at Tynecastle the Saturday after the creditors list was released and just telling them not to worry about it. Complete and utter loser

TheHarpy76
09-11-2014, 04:59 AM
People moaning about Kickbackers being obsessed with us on a thread on Hibs.net moaning about something the ****** Hertz tannoy guy said.

Chuck in someone mentioning a guy who scored in a game that had nothing to do with us 28 years ago.

Anyone else see the irony?

weonlywon6-2
09-11-2014, 05:06 AM
People moaning about Kickbackers being obsessed with us on a thread on Hibs.net moaning about something the ****** Hertz tannoy guy said.

Chuck in someone mentioning a guy who scored in a game that had nothing to do with us 28 years ago.

Thats football is it not !!

Springbank
09-11-2014, 05:47 AM
Doesn't even warrant a thread. "Well known hearts mc tries to rip Hibs over tannoy". Big deal.

If there's a difference between being a known Jambo & a well known Jambo then this Wilson character is just a known Jambo

Lucius Apuleius
09-11-2014, 07:19 AM
Yet we sack the guy on the tannoy for mocking them!!

No we didn't. He never worked for Hibs, he worked for an agency and they were told he was not wanted back at ER if I remember correctly. This was because he had been told not to play that particular song. The rights or wrongs are another discussion but he was not sacked by Hibs.

CraigHibee
09-11-2014, 07:23 AM

its okay he has probably made it up with those stupid voice overs he does for that furniture shop, everytime I hear or see the advert I want to switch channel

Dalianwanda
09-11-2014, 07:32 AM

Ahhhh you beat me to it:agree:

sbell1875
09-11-2014, 11:05 AM
I saw a Hearts supporting friend shared something from a Hearts related Facebook page along the lines of Ozturk vs Stubbs - Hibs the club that keep on giving.

Basically, it showed the goal from the Derby, Stubbs's interview where he said 1 in 999 times he'll score a goal like that followed by some terrible footage of his goal yesterday. Of course, those mutants were falling over themselves in mock and mass slevering.

Here's my take, the goals are completely dissimilar. One left the goalie with no chance and one the goalie has completely whored up his attempt at a save.

If Ozturk really was this man capable of 40 yard wonder goals every week he wouldn't be centre back. A thuggish centre back at that as well.

Case dismissed - The Hearts are obsessed with the famous Green & Whites.

NAE NOOKIE
09-11-2014, 11:20 AM
Seen something on FB about a ship being named after them. "We've chosen Hearts as us and the Navy are both recovering from tough times recently". They truly are revolting

:titanic:

Winston Ingram
09-11-2014, 11:23 AM
It was a decent strike but the keeper made a right Roger Hunt of it.

The_Horde
09-11-2014, 11:34 AM
Let them have their wee gloat session. The goalie made an erse of it and that's it.

They're obviously trying to turn their focus onto something else and away from the guilt of being the poppy stealers.

Never let them forget.

Glorious St Pat
09-11-2014, 12:02 PM

Yes an example of their obsession with us but such mentality has clocked up how many derby wins? We on other hand do little to wind them up and come of worst. The last time our mc attempted to do it with taxman - he got sacked!

Aldo
09-11-2014, 12:05 PM
Let them gloat and do and say what they want.

I've had a few cracking bites from Yam roasters this week after the tried to rip the pish cos of the club I support.

One word - integrity.

Was told that I didn't have a clue and that we would be in admin soon!!!

Blah blah!!

09-11-2014, 12:11 PM
A truly cringeworthy, classless bunch of obsessives. Everything they do has to involve having a dig at hibs in some way. Pathetic.

Viva_Palmeiras
09-11-2014, 01:53 PM
They are obsessives.

Wasnt the Titanic was it? A Passanger from Edinburgh boarded at Southampton called Lithman...

true - and he was in 3rd Class...
http://www.lva.virginia.gov/exhibits/titanic/p2.htm

Jack Hackett
09-11-2014, 03:18 PM
Wasnt the Titanic was it? A Passanger from Edinburgh boarded at Southampton called Lithman...

true - and he was in 3rd Class...
http://www.lva.virginia.gov/exhibits/titanic/p2.htm

Nah, wouldn't be anything to do with them......they've nae class

emerald green
09-11-2014, 03:29 PM
I believe that, deep down, many of them are embarrassed about what their club has got away with over the years, but out of sheer pig-headed ignorance they will never admit it.

Phil D. Rolls
09-11-2014, 04:01 PM
I thought it was quite witty, but a bit cringeworthy that they are bothered by what our manager says. Their managers have provided plenty of "kick me" moments over the years - but Hibs have avoided the temptation. Let them get on with painting themselves as petty and bitter, it's what they do.

TheHarpy76
09-11-2014, 04:28 PM
Thats football is it not !!

Exactly.
So why we moaning when they do it.

Already on this thread there have been references to their creditor list and as I've already pointed out,Albert Kidd and '86.
And yet we say they're obsessed with us.

Canongatehibs
09-11-2014, 04:30 PM
Think Scott Wilson has been ripped apart on here before. rightly so. fanny face (and voice)

Pete
09-11-2014, 04:45 PM
Exactly.
So why we moaning when they do it.

Already on this thread there have been references to their creditor list and as I've already pointed out,Albert Kidd and '86.
And yet we say they're obsessed with us.

There are one or two threads on here talking about them yet over there their board is always full of hibs threads. To try and make out that there is a similar obsession over here is ridiculous...as is trying to make people feel guilty about laughing at 86. Why would you want to do that?

TheHarpy76
09-11-2014, 04:47 PM
There are one or two threads on here talking about them yet over there their board is always full of hibs threads. To try and make out that there is a similar obsession over here is ridiculous...as is trying to make people feel guilty about laughing at 86. Why would you want to do that?

I'm not trying to make people feel guilty, just stating a fact that on a thread moaning about their obsession with us someone brought up AK and '86.

NadeAteMyLunch!
09-11-2014, 04:54 PM
For proof of their obsession you only need to look at the comments on each and every Hibs online story in the Evening News/Scotsman. Absolutely bizarre behaviour from what I imagine is a bunch of 40 year old virgins

Pete
09-11-2014, 04:56 PM
I'm not trying to make people feel guilty, just stating a fact that on a thread moaning about their obsession with us someone brought up AK and '86.

Well we'd have to talk about them a lot more than we do to be considered anywhere near obsessed as they are over the road.

Pete
09-11-2014, 04:57 PM
For proof of their obsession you only need to look at the comments on each and every Hibs online story in the Evening News/Scotsman. Absolutely bizarre behaviour from what I imagine is a bunch of 40 year old virgins

It's trolling pure and simple and stems from their own inadequacies and insecurities.

TheHarpy76
09-11-2014, 04:58 PM

Yes your right.
However don't kid yourself on that there aren't a hell of a lot of Hibs fans that post in the comments section in every story about them.

Bottom line is that yes they are obsessed with us just as much as we are with them.
Anyone who thinks otherwise is deluded to the extreme.

TheHarpy76
09-11-2014, 05:00 PM
Well we'd have to talk about them a lot more than we do to be considered anywhere near obsessed as they are over the road.

And you honestly believe that we don't discuss them just as much as they discuss us?
Don't get me wrong, I don't think it's a bad thing. It's a typical football rivalry.

NadeAteMyLunch!
09-11-2014, 05:03 PM
Yes your right.
However don't kid yourself on that there aren't a hell of a lot of Hibs fans that post in the comments section in every story about them.

Bottom line is that yes they are obsessed with us just as much as we are with them.

There's genuinely nowhere near as many Hibs trolls on their stories, not even close. I admit that it's two way but nowhere near to the same extent. As I said earlier, truly bizarre behaviour to care that much/have that much spare time

Pete
09-11-2014, 05:06 PM

No offence but when it comes to Internet forums and comments in the news, that's utter rubbish. :greengrin

Pretty Boy
09-11-2014, 05:06 PM
There's genuinely nowhere near as many Hibs trolls on their stories, not even close. I admit that it's two way but nowhere near to the same extent. As I said earlier, truly bizarre behaviour to care that much/have that much spare time

Remember there are 400 000 of them though so it stands to reason there will be more trolls.

TheHarpy76
09-11-2014, 05:08 PM
No offence but when it comes to Internet forums and comments in the news, that's utter rubbish. :greengrin

Guess we'll have to agree to disagree then :greengrin

NadeAteMyLunch!
09-11-2014, 05:08 PM
Remember there are 400 000 of them though so it stands to reason there will be more trolls.

That's very true. That averages out at about one comment each on most of the stories

SMAXXA
09-11-2014, 05:38 PM
Guess we'll have to agree to disagree then :greengrin

:lolyam:

Wheat Hound
09-11-2014, 05:40 PM
Him and Harry Potter do uncannily have that same peculiarly nasal Mr Bean voice

TheHarpy76
09-11-2014, 05:42 PM
:lolyam:

Ah right.
Low post count,doesn't agree with the more established posters.

Is this the bit where I'm supposed to give my Hibs supporting credentials?

Phil D. Rolls
09-11-2014, 05:53 PM
Ah right.
Low post count,doesn't agree with the more established posters.

Is this the bit where I'm supposed to give my Hibs supporting credentials?

Probably better just to argue your original point more strongly.

TheHarpy76
09-11-2014, 05:55 PM
Probably better just to argue your original point more strongly.

Not sure how better to argue it tbh.
I just think it's a swings and roundabouts kind of thing.

Broken Gnome
09-11-2014, 05:56 PM
Being completely biased, Hearts edge the obsession. Given all the 'Hibs are no longer our rivals/dead as a club' pish from 2005-2012, it's actually us that defines their successes over that period. If they didn't have those two games at Hampden no one would give a flying one about they're arrogance.

Sad to say, its our suffering at the hands of them that made their cup wins what they were and the difference in both clubs at present. If any of them claimed Hibs were an irrelevance, it's the biggest lie imaginable. The whole basis of their lording it up is Hibs. And not in a good way.

Phil D. Rolls
09-11-2014, 05:57 PM
Not sure how better to argue it tbh.
I just think it's a swings and roundabouts kind of thing.

Balanced, like a see saw. :greengrin

TheHarpy76
09-11-2014, 06:00 PM
Balanced, like a see saw. :greengrin

Aye :greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
09-11-2014, 08:55 PM
I'm not obsessed with

Hearts
hearts
hearts
hearts
hearts
hearts
hearts
hearts
hearts
hearts
hearts
hearts
hearts
hearts
hearts
hearts
hearts
hearts
:paranoid:

poolman
09-11-2014, 10:26 PM
What else that's laughable is the minister at the memorial service at Haymarket today waffled on about 5-1 during his sermon,WTF, The Tache was also in attendance and laid a wreath

hibees 7062
09-11-2014, 10:50 PM
What else that's laughable is the minister at the memorial service at Haymarket today waffled on about 5-1 during his sermon,WTF, The Tache was also in attendance and laid a wreath

Good to know he condones cheating and immortality to win a final :trumpet:

monktonharp
09-11-2014, 10:55 PM
If the shoe was on the other foot we'd be saying the guy was a herowould we?

EdinMike
10-11-2014, 05:28 AM
Who cares ?

Words are words, and a ball is round.

Or somewhat spherical.. It's just words.

10-11-2014, 08:51 AM

Deary me

HIBERNIAN-0762
10-11-2014, 12:13 PM

Holy moley, still, the stigma with having to live with 0-7 for so many years must have hurt them badly, still does.

Ersewipes.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
10-11-2014, 12:53 PM

Exactly why I always think all of their sanctimonious BS over WW1 is just well PR'ed one up-manship, and another way for themselves to try and make them feel like the big, established team.

The Minister can stick his memorial service right up his jeer.

silverhibee
10-11-2014, 01:49 PM

Who ever made this decision from the Navy needs there f***ing head looked at. had a chat with a mate about this and they would have been better of naming it after a Fife team, i wondered why Hibs weren't in contention for this.

But to name it after these thieving tramps is a joke.

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/3961

HIBERNIAN-0762
10-11-2014, 02:11 PM
Who ever made this decision from the Navy needs there f***ing head looked at. had a chat with a mate about this and they would have been better of naming it after a Fife team, i wondered why Hibs weren't in contention for this.

Astonishing! I'm lost for words...is this some kind of mock up? has to be surely? :confused:

Hibernia&Alba
10-11-2014, 02:21 PM

WTF? Sevco fans will be having heart attacks. The Queen Elizabeth being the official ship of Hearts and not Th Rangers! "We're mair British than thum, and mair patriotic. That's oor ship"!

DH1875
10-11-2014, 02:33 PM
No we didn't. He never worked for Hibs, he worked for an agency and they were told he was not wanted back at ER if I remember correctly. This was because he had been told not to play that particular song. The rights or wrongs are another discussion but he was not sacked by Hibs.

Bit of a play on words that, is it not?

Pete
10-11-2014, 02:33 PM
When did ships start having official football teams? WTF?

Anyway the final reason should have been that like hearts, the ship is really, really, really big.

NAE NOOKIE
10-11-2014, 02:43 PM

I noticed that a few threads on here with content alluding to WW1 have been locked and I understand that, nobody wants to see a line crossed.

But if what Poolman says here is true its a bloody disgrace .... For a minister to bring that up at a remembrance service, which above all else should transcend football rivalries, and where Hibs officials were in attendance, is an outrage as far as I'm concerned and utterly disrespectful to us and the occasion. I presume Heart of Midlothian had no prior knowledge of this.

As for the ship thing. The Navy accepting a request from the Yams to be the "official club" of HMS Queen Elizabeth actually made me laugh out loud ..... Its a bit different from having a ship named after you. The Yams reasoning for this on their official website is frankly cringeworthy ....... Oh and on that subject, they might want to reword the bit on there that makes it look like they were responsible for the formation of McCrae's battalion ..... much as they would like to make that claim, they weren't.

silverhibee
10-11-2014, 02:45 PM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/bid-to-keep-hms-edinburgh-at-leith-draws-donations-1-3326365

Nice to see to the Royal Navy never noticed STF charity work.

Pete
10-11-2014, 02:48 PM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/bid-to-keep-hms-edinburgh-at-leith-draws-donations-1-3326365

Nice to see to the Royal Navy never noticed STF charity work.

Ach, they sponsor our substitutions so we shouldn't be too hard on them. Or am I imagining that?

Lucius Apuleius
10-11-2014, 05:52 PM
Bit of a play on words that, is it not?

I don't think so DH. There was no reason for his company to sack him (if indeed they did). Hibs tweeted an agency that another DJ be sent to ER as this one had gone against an instruction given to him by Hibs management.

hibs0666
10-11-2014, 06:04 PM

Not a bad outcome for an organisation that stiffs the poppy fund.

Carheenlea
10-11-2014, 06:24 PM
Now that we have marked the centenary of the outbreak of WW1, this might be a good time for Hibs to distance themselves from the Haymarket memorial and pay our repects in future years in private. This has now went beyond paying respect to the fallen and turned into petty point scoring about football.

Let our club pay it`s respects with dignity elsewhere away from that circus.

Pretty Boy
10-11-2014, 06:28 PM
Now that we have marked the centenary of the outbreak of WW1, this might be a good time for Hibs to distance themselves from the Haymarket memorial and pay our repects in future years in private. This has now went beyond paying respect to the fallen and turned into petty point scoring about football.

If the stories about 5-1 being mentioned and such like yesterday are true then I'd tend to agree. Bringing football rivalry into such a service, especially given Hibs history in the building of the Haymarket memorial and continued attendance at the service, is really poor

The Green Goblin
10-11-2014, 06:39 PM

I had to double check that article was real. Wtf is wrong with people? "Challenging times"? Have they completely lost their senses?

I wonder how the people, charities, small businesses, universities, emergency services, military charities et al on the creditors list are recovering from their "challenging times", never mind those people in Lithuania who lost their pensions and savings to fund Edinburgh's "big team" for a few seasons.

Also, why not establish connections with ALL the clubs whose soldiers fought in MacCrae's Battalion, including Hibs, QoS and others? Wouldn't that at least be a more inclusive and appropriate commemoration in keeping with recognising the sacrifices made?

We have a largely spineless body of football journos, with maybe one or two exceptions, but I wonder if anyone will have the guts to call this out for what it actually is? Absolutely disgusting. Disgusting.

EastCalderHibby
10-11-2014, 07:54 PM
WTF? Sevco fans will be having heart attacks. The Queen Elizabeth being the official ship of Hearts and not Th Rangers! "We're mair British than thum, and mair patriotic. That's oor ship"!

with the tax they bumped her out of between them they could have built her a new one

Hibernia&Alba
10-11-2014, 08:27 PM
If the stories about 5-1 being mentioned and such like yesterday are true then I'd tend to agree. Bringing football rivalry into such a service, especially given Hibs history in the building of the Haymarket memorial and continued attendance at the service, is really poor

I don't know the context in which it was said, but it's unbecoming of such an event. A tactless thing to say.

NAE NOOKIE
10-11-2014, 09:42 PM

Couldn't agree more Carheenlea ....... Until about 10 or so years ago this was a dignified ceremony ... but in recent times it seems to me that the Yams have turned the WW1 stuff into something else ... commemorative strips etc. Our fans have found cause to react. Whether that's justified or not is a matter for conjecture, but now Hibs are disrespected at the memorial service .... whether Hearts knew about it or not doesn't matter in my eyes.

Its time for us to quietly and in a dignified manner remove our representation from what was a ceremony rightly conducted by Hearts to commemorate a proud and significant part of the clubs history and all of the countries fallen service men & women, but which now appears to have become a vehicle for promoting the club.

grunt
10-11-2014, 09:58 PM
Anyone following the Edinburgh Evening News on Twitter will have seen that they posted a picture titled "Hearts fans commemorate WWI" or words to that effect when in fact there were representatives of Hibs and QotS at the ceremony. They have since apologised and amended their story.

AndyM_1875
11-11-2014, 09:39 AM
Couldn't agree more Carheenlea ....... Until about 10 or so years ago this was a dignified ceremony ... but in recent times it seems to me that the Yams have turned the WW1 stuff into something else ... commemorative strips etc. Our fans have found cause to react. Whether that's justified or not is a matter for conjecture, but now Hibs are disrespected at the memorial service .... whether Hearts knew about it or not doesn't matter in my eyes.

Its time for us to quietly and in a dignified manner remove our representation from what was a ceremony rightly conducted by Hearts to commemorate a proud and significant part of the clubs history and all of the countries fallen service men & women, but which now appears to have become a vehicle for promoting the club.

Interestingly in the last couple of days I have noticed they are saying lots of nice things about Raith Rovers and calling them 'part of the Macrae's family' and that's all well and good but as a Hibs supporter coming from a family that has lots of history with the Army and also the Royal Marines I do not believe I would feel either comfortable or welcome at the Haymarket service.

Hibernian lost players and former players and had players injured during the Great War. The numbers of men from Leith slaughtered on the Western Front and the 1915 Train disaster at Quintinshill ran into the thousands. Therefore if Hearts want to sneer at our club, they can do it on their own and Hibs fans can do what they did on Saturday, stand in respectful silence for 2 minutes and wear poppies if they choose to do so.

NAE NOOKIE
11-11-2014, 01:54 PM
Interestingly in the last couple of days I have noticed they are saying lots of nice things about Raith Rovers and calling them 'part of the Macrae's family' and that's all well and good but as a Hibs supporter coming from a family that has lots of history with the Army and also the Royal Marines I do not believe I would feel either comfortable or welcome at the Haymarket service.

Hibernian lost players and former players and had players injured during the Great War. The numbers of men from Leith slaughtered on the Western Front and the 1915 Train disaster at Quintinshill ran into the thousands. Therefore if Hearts want to sneer at our club, they can do it on their own and Hibs fans can do what they did on Saturday, stand in respectful silence for 2 minutes and wear poppies if they choose to do so.

I noticed on a Yam facebook page that mention was given to Raith and I think another club ( Falkirk ? ) I didn't comment, but to me it was a clear and deliberate insult by omission.

This subject has become a tough one for Hibs supporters over the last few years ..... I don't think the view that many now have, that Hearts and especially their fans have crossed the line between dignified remembrance of an event and ramming it down everybody's throat, especially ours is just paranoia. But dare to point it out and the reaction is predictable ....... Even on here its become a touchy subject because of that.

To my mind its no longer just about what Hearts did, but about some misguided but encouraged unspoken question of what Hibs didn't do. Kind of like this in fact:
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTS0MNRkcaRZRlxSfi13czKW6KOfvbNH kBCveSE35eyBXQ7_69iWg (http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CAcQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fcollections.vam.ac.uk%2Fitem%2FO7 4621%2Fdaddy-what-did-you-do-poster-lumley-savile%2F&ei=KB9iVNf8JoGBsQSjlYCADA&bvm=bv.79189006,d.cWc&psig=AFQjCNGLHx_5GlFOie-yek7SGUn1FV3DQg&ust=1415803079016984)

I am now of the opinion that its time for Hibs to observe remembrance Sunday in their own way at the official ceremony on the Royal Mile. I would bet that I am not the only Hibs supporter who thinks this.

Big Frank
11-11-2014, 02:08 PM
Can't wait to see what cheating *******s bring out for 2015....

See you all next year. :aok:

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
11-11-2014, 02:15 PM
I noticed on a Yam facebook page that mention was given to Raith and I think another club ( Falkirk ? ) I didn't comment, but to me it was a clear and deliberate insult by omission.

This subject has become a tough one for Hibs supporters over the last few years ..... I don't think the view that many now have, that Hearts and especially their fans have crossed the line between dignified remembrance of an event and ramming it down everybody's throat, especially ours is just paranoia. But dare to point it out and the reaction is predictable ....... Even on here its become a touchy subject because of that.

To my mind its no longer just about what Hearts did, but about some misguided but encouraged unspoken question of what Hibs didn't do. Kind of like this in fact:
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTS0MNRkcaRZRlxSfi13czKW6KOfvbNH kBCveSE35eyBXQ7_69iWg (http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CAcQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fcollections.vam.ac.uk%2Fitem%2FO7 4621%2Fdaddy-what-did-you-do-poster-lumley-savile%2F&ei=KB9iVNf8JoGBsQSjlYCADA&bvm=bv.79189006,d.cWc&psig=AFQjCNGLHx_5GlFOie-yek7SGUn1FV3DQg&ust=1415803079016984)

I am now of the opinion that its time for Hibs to observe remembrance Sunday in their own way at the official ceremony on the Royal Mile. I would bet that I am not the only Hibs supporter who thinks this.

Totally agree. Unfortunately the Hibs board don't do defending Hibs in the face of attacks from outside. We are far to dignified to do that. Never mind that in football and to football fans, dignity is all to easily mistaken for weakness. im sure we will say nothing about the slight, and as usual, those ******* will feel that they have reinforced our inferiority a little bit more.

Mikey09
11-11-2014, 02:48 PM

Hearts Legends will play a charity match against an HMS Queen Elizabeth team?? You couldn't make this **** up!!! Does the Royal Navy know the Yam history with charity?!?!

AndyM_1875
11-11-2014, 03:57 PM

I think you are probably right and that sort of nonsense from them needs to be challenged vigorously as it's completely disrespectful to the occasion. If they make Hibs unwelcome at Haymarket with their sneers then we should move the paying of our respects to the Royal Mile.

In years past both Lawrie Reilly and Eddie Turnbull laid the wreath on behalf of Hibs at both Haymarket and at Contalmaison where my own relative is buried. But I can only imagine the reaction from Eddie if he had to listen to that sort of pathetic crap from them. He was a former Royal Navy man who served on the Arctic Convoys in WW2 and saw men drown and burn to death in front of his own eyes.