PDA

View Full Version : Scotty Allan

GGTTH07
08-11-2014, 09:00 PM
Looks a great bit of business. Not sure how the boy ended up in the championship! How he never got a deal from the likes of Aberdeen, United or Motherwell etc is surprising

HibbyAndy
08-11-2014, 09:03 PM
Is the best player in the Championship.

FACT

B.H.F.C
08-11-2014, 09:11 PM

FACT

Interesting comments fron Stubbs at East Mains on Thursday night when he was mentioned. Clearly rates him but seemed to see McGeough as the better all round player.

stoneyburn hibs
08-11-2014, 09:12 PM

FACT

He is, if Hibs could somehow get him to sign up for longer it would be great but I suspect we should enjoy him whilst we have him.

OsloHibs
08-11-2014, 09:19 PM
I love him!

Ricky Bobby
08-11-2014, 09:27 PM
He seems to be improving as the season wears on which can only be good thing. We have missed Mcgeoch so hopefully we can keep this pair on the park and finish the season strongly.

HibbyAndy
08-11-2014, 09:29 PM
Quality over quantity.

JJP
08-11-2014, 09:29 PM
Interesting comments fron Stubbs at East Mains on Thursday night when he was mentioned. Clearly rates him but seemed to see McGeough as the better all round player.

I agree with AS. Like both players though.

B.H.F.C
08-11-2014, 09:33 PM
I agree with AS. Like both players though.

His actual words were that Dylan is more of a team player and Scott makes his hair go grey.

I think Allan has the most ability in the league. I don't think he's the best player. But I think he could be. If that makes sense!

Hermit Crab
08-11-2014, 09:40 PM
He's also not hidden the fact that he would like another bash down south. I don't expect to hang on to him after the end of the season. He might stay if we get promotion you never know

NadeAteMyLunch!
08-11-2014, 10:26 PM
Surprised Dundee Utd never tried to resign him in the summer to replace Gauld. Their loss is our gain

matty_f
08-11-2014, 10:31 PM
Allan is a cracking player who is definitely improving as he gets games under his belt.

I also think a lot of the squad are improving which says a lot about Stubbs and his coaching staff.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
08-11-2014, 11:21 PM
Scotty Allan, Scotty Allan, ole ole ole!!!

Sir David Gray
08-11-2014, 11:43 PM
We'll just need to enjoy him while we can.

He's clearly too good for the Scottish Championship but it's a joy to watch him play at the moment.

CallumLaidlaw
08-11-2014, 11:52 PM
He's also not hidden the fact that he would like another bash down south. I don't expect to hang on to him after the end of the season. He might stay if we get promotion you never know

Well he's signed for at least another year so it would need to be a decent offer to see him go

Ronniekirk
09-11-2014, 08:59 AM
Well he's signed for at least another year so it would need to be a decent offer to see him go
If he keeps form up there will be offers next summer think we have to accept that will be the case. A lot will depend on where we end up but if we were to still be in the Championship then financially the Board ( even with fan representation ) would find it hard to resist .Actually think several clubs will be interested so we may make decent money on this especially as he says he would like another oppertunity down south .
Wouldn't surprise me if someone tries a cheeky bid in January but we need to resit that at all costs as he is crucial to our aspiration to come straight back up

Ronniekirk
09-11-2014, 09:06 AM
His actual words were that Dylan is more of a team player and Scott makes his hair go grey.

I think Allan has the most ability in the league. I don't think he's the best player. But I think he could be. If that makes sense!

Spot on In his after game interview he was talking Allan up but said towards the end he was screaming at him to keep the ball in the Cowdenbeath corner flag area but Allan still trying to drive on for third and lost possession allowing them to counter .He can obviously add that to his game but he is a natural flair player who plays on first instinct and that will never be to take the ball to corner flag and see game out ,hence Stubbs view Dylan is better Team Player

we are hibs
09-11-2014, 09:13 AM
How much realistically do people think we could get for him should we sell him at the end of the season?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hibbysam
09-11-2014, 09:22 AM
How much realistically do people think we could get for him should we sell him at the end of the season?

People are quick enough to jump down the boards throat for having attitudes like this!

Why don't we show a little ambition and attempt to keep a hold of the laddie rather than get rid the first sign of a half decent bid that comes in for him?

Wilson
09-11-2014, 09:27 AM
People are quick enough to jump down the boards throat for having attitudes like this!

Why don't we show a little ambition and attempt to keep a hold of the laddie rather than get rid the first sign of a half decent bid that comes in for him?

Exactly.

If he has come back to Scotland and is enjoying life again that is half of the battle. We should be asking what it would take to keep him here.

The promotion he helps us earn would be a start.

we are hibs
09-11-2014, 09:28 AM

I never said we should sell him, I only asked a question about how much people think we could get for him should we decide to sell him so calm yourself down before jumping down people's throat for asking a question!

Blaster
09-11-2014, 09:48 AM
Wouldn't surprise me if there is some offer clause in his contract. Probably one reason we managed to get him in the first place.

Hope I am wrong or that the clause is £5m 😄

hibbysam
09-11-2014, 10:02 AM
I never said we should sell him, I only asked a question about how much people think we could get for him should we decide to sell him so calm yourself down before jumping down people's throat for asking a question!

Why should we place a price on his head? He is our player and we should not be talking about selling anyone, we should be keeping this team together and building on that!

IanM
09-11-2014, 10:09 AM
Shows how important getting promoted this season is. Not saying he'd jump ship but we'd have more chance keeping him in the premiership.

also shows how important every 3 points are, regardless of how some fans react to performances

RyeSloan
09-11-2014, 10:22 AM
Why should we place a price on his head? He is our player and we should not be talking about selling anyone, we should be keeping this team together and building on that!

Yeah but it's the real world out there...

Scott is a cut above and is clearly starting to show his true ability as he gets back into the groove of playing week in week out. If he continues that and we fail to get promoted then there will be serious offers for him.

Hibs will be in no financial position to ignore a big pile of cash and you can hardly say with a straight face that another season visiting the delights of cowedenbeath would be a positive for anyone!

NAE NOOKIE
09-11-2014, 10:38 AM
Wouldn't surprise me if there is some offer clause in his contract. Probably one reason we managed to get him in the first place.

Hope I am wrong or that the clause is £5m 

To be honest I had forgotten about him prior to joining us ... no chance of forgetting about him now, he has improved so much game on game its not hard to see why the Zombie fans were spitting nails when he came to Hibs.

£5,000,000 you say .... finally, we can fill the corners in :greengrin

hibbysam
09-11-2014, 10:47 AM
Yeah but it's the real world out there...

Scott is a cut above and is clearly starting to show his true ability as he gets back into the groove of playing week in week out. If he continues that and we fail to get promoted then there will be serious offers for him.

Hibs will be in no financial position to ignore a big pile of cash and you can hardly say with a straight face that another season visiting the delights of cowedenbeath would be a positive for anyone!

I'm not disputing this, but we as fans should not be putting prices on heads, and telling other clubs to come buy... We give the board a hard time for this, if a club comes in and offers silly cash of course we can't turn it down.. But we need to start building teams not rebuilding every year!

greenlex
09-11-2014, 10:59 AM
We need to keep him for the Championship push next season. Wee find ourselves in the play off spots and that's about where we will finish. Too tight to call after that but chances are we will be championship again next season. We will know what's what and a year wiser. We need to keep fostering that team spirit and galvanise the fans either way . Selling Scott Allan wont help that. It simply wont happen.

Borderhibbie76
09-11-2014, 11:49 AM
We need to keep him for the Championship push next season. Wee find ourselves in the play off spots and that's about where we will finish. Too tight to call after that but chances are we will be championship again next season. We will know what's what and a year wiser. We need to keep fostering that team spirit and galvanise the fans either way . Selling Scott Allan wont help that. It simply wont happen.

Totally agree mate..hopefully with us being in Championship he will slip under radar a bit. He is here for 2 years so there should be no need to cash in until at least Jan 2016...lets just enjoy watching the likes of him and Dylan...we are lucky to have them both IMO

TheHarpy76
09-11-2014, 06:05 PM
Excellent player.
Sadly we'll only be able to enjoy him for a year or two.
Would love him to stay longer but there's no way a bigger club won't come calling sooner rather than later.

hibsmum
09-11-2014, 06:58 PM
Got told when he first signed that he would do the job for us, from an ex-colleague of his

Winston Ingram
09-11-2014, 07:03 PM
It's great to have a player of that quality to watch again after the *****e we've had to endure for the last 5 years.

Worth my ST money just to watch him

matty_f
09-11-2014, 07:10 PM
It's great to have a player of that quality to watch again after the *****e we've had to endure for the last 5 years.

Worth my ST money just to watch him

Quality over quantity?

Winston Ingram
09-11-2014, 07:24 PM
Quality over quantity?

👍

Stevie Reid
09-11-2014, 08:05 PM
Allan is quality in so many ways, but sometimes tries to force things or (very occasionally) is careless with a pass and surrenders possession - however, that will change in time.

McGeough is just as dynamic with just as much desire to drive forward with the ball, but always manages to turn back and retain possession if nothing is on ahead of him.

Northernhibee
09-11-2014, 11:05 PM
Not sure where this defeating "Championship push next season" chat is coming from - we are playing some nice football with some skillful players. We stand as good a chance as anybody.

silverhibee
09-11-2014, 11:48 PM
Not sure where this defeating "Championship push next season" chat is coming from - we are playing some nice football with some skillful players. We stand as good a chance as anybody.

We will be in the play offs, the players just need to keep improving like they are every week.

JimBHibees
10-11-2014, 10:10 AM
Allan is quality in so many ways, but sometimes tries to force things or (very occasionally) is careless with a pass and surrenders possession - however, that will change in time.

McGeough is just as dynamic with just as much desire to drive forward with the ball, but always manages to turn back and retain possession if nothing is on ahead of him.

I think that is a good thing about Allan in that he does go for the killer ball which inherently is more ambitious however can be the difference between winning and losing rather than always playing the predictable pass.

lord bunberry
10-11-2014, 10:16 AM

Agreed. As things stand I wouldn't be scared of any of our potential play off opponents. I also think the longer the season goes the better we will get.

Stevie Reid
10-11-2014, 11:47 AM
I think that is a good thing about Allan in that he does go for the killer ball which inherently is more ambitious however can be the difference between winning and losing rather than always playing the predictable pass.

Wouldn't disagree with that at all, Jim - can't get anywhere in football in an attacking sense without taking risks. I just meant that his decision making, and knowing when to force it, will get better over time.

WeeRussell
10-11-2014, 12:17 PM
I'm not disputing this, but we as fans should not be putting prices on heads, and telling other clubs to come buy... We give the board a hard time for this, if a club comes in and offers silly cash of course we can't turn it down.. But we need to start building teams not rebuilding every year!

Aye you're right - how dare anyone speculate about how much our best player would hypothetically be worth.. on a Hibs forum.

:rolleyes:

Wilson
10-11-2014, 12:37 PM
Aye you're right - how dare anyone speculate about how much our best player would hypothetically be worth.. on a Hibs forum.

:rolleyes:

The amount would probably be reflective of the amount of time remaining on his contract. The club will snatch at the payment if we need the money and he is unlikely to extend. The cash in the bank will be worth less to us as fans than having a fit and keen Scott Allan in a hibs shirt. All quite boring really.

Speculate all you like but expect to be shot down. There are too many fans looking towards the negative, in this case the supposedly inevitable scenario of us losing a top player for peanuts, instead of enjoying good players and good results while we have them.

WeeRussell
10-11-2014, 12:46 PM
The amount would probably be reflective of the amount of time remaining on his contract. The club will snatch at the payment if we need the money and he is unlikely to extend. The cash in the bank will be worth less to us as fans than having a fit and keen Scott Allan in a hibs shirt. All quite boring really.

Speculate all you like but expect to be shot down. There are too many fans looking towards the negative, in this case the supposedly inevitable scenario of us losing a top player for peanuts, instead of enjoying good players and good results while we have them.

I'm not speculating.. only pointing out how ridiculous it is that someone was told off for asking how much people thought we would potentially be offered for such a player.

If we all talked about positive things there wouldn't be much point in having a forum. In any case - it would be quite positive to suggest we had a player worth (or potentially worth) millions, for example.

:aok:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
16-11-2014, 10:41 AM
Wow, what a player we have here. Strolled it yesterday, very creative. If only we had a striker like Sparky / Farid (when hes back) for him to play they passes into and finish them.

Scott Allan :top marks

Pretty Boy
16-11-2014, 10:50 AM
Wow, what a player we have here. Strolled it yesterday, very creative. If only we had a striker like Sparky / Farid (when hes back) for him to play they passes into and finish them.

Scott Allan :top marks

I felt sorry for him yesterday and in general.

There was 3 or 4 times yesterday where he played great wee balls through the middle or out wide and absolutely nobody was on his wavelength, cummings, Handling and Harris all got real mouthfuls of him at least once each. That's not the 1st time that has happened this season. He's a cut above and I've no doubt with the right attitude he'll make a career of it back down south, we're lucky to have him and should enjoy it whilst it lasts.

matty_f
16-11-2014, 10:51 AM
I'd say Scott Allan is the best player I've seen in this league all season. By some distance.

Pretty Boy
16-11-2014, 10:53 AM
I'd say Scott Allan is the best player I've seen in this league all season. By some distance.

Absolutely spot on.

There's not many even close to him in terms of quality.

frazeHFC
16-11-2014, 11:16 AM
Class act. Love the guy. Potentially one of the best players at ER in years.

zippy1875
16-11-2014, 11:26 AM
Totally agree. He is head and shoulders above everyone else. He sticks out like a sore thumb. He's miles ahead of everyone else in the team. He's strolling through games and yesterday he was one of the very few plus points.

zippy1875
16-11-2014, 01:11 PM
Totally agree. He is head and shoulders above everyone else. He sticks out like a sore thumb. He's miles ahead of everyone else in the team. He's strolling through games and yesterday he was one of the very few plus points.

iwasthere1972
16-11-2014, 01:14 PM
He was immense yesterday and goes past players as if they weren't there. Thoroughly deserved MOM.

Actually the whole team are head and shoulders above any team in this division (with the exception of THEM) and if we had more players who could find the net we would easily be second in the league.

Col2
16-11-2014, 01:19 PM
Heard last weeken from yam who is normally not as deluded as the rest of them that they expect to lose Holt (I think that was who he said - all the yams merge into one for me). He is out of contract and they expect him to go.

He said Levein is a big admirer of Allan and sees him as replacement if they get up to top league in summer.

Can't see it but wouldn't it be ironic x 1000 if they had cash to use on transfer fees.

Danderhall Hibs
16-11-2014, 01:24 PM
Although he was good yesterday I was looking for more from him. We needed someone to grab the game by the scruff of the neck and he didn't do it. I thought he was quite quiet in the 2nd half actually.

majorhibs
16-11-2014, 10:36 PM
Although he was good yesterday I was looking for more from him. We needed someone to grab the game by the scruff of the neck and he didn't do it. I thought he was quite quiet in the 2nd half actually.

The 2nd half was to be expected, given the opposition had seen where the danger was, & the fact he had an ineffectual waste of a jersey beside him in Craig. Top player, as said on a different wavelength, mind Archibald being the same, playing brilliant balls through & seeing teammates running in the opposite direction, or not moving at all!

BT58
17-11-2014, 07:29 AM
Just pleased that the The Rangers are skint, or they might have come calling,,( mind you they have a huge pool and could offer players rather than cash).

we are hibs
17-11-2014, 07:35 AM
Heard last weeken from yam who is normally not as deluded as the rest of them that they expect to lose Holt (I think that was who he said - all the yams merge into one for me). He is out of contract and they expect him to go.

He said Levein is a big admirer of Allan and sees him as replacement if they get up to top league in summer.

Can't see it but wouldn't it be ironic x 1000 if they had cash to use on transfer fees.

would have to be an outrageous offer for us to even consider a bid from them