PDA

View Full Version : There's old school charm then there's Central Park..

Carheenlea
08-11-2014, 07:06 PM
Well done to all those who travelled in good numbers and endured the diabolical facilities at Cowdenbeath today. For the PATG contingent it meant peering through a huge fence standing in water miles from the park, and to hit us for £18 for that was laughable. Still, a consequence of our relegation so can't complain too much!

Hermit Crab
08-11-2014, 07:10 PM
Same in the south terrace. Big fence miles away from the pitch and standing in water. Proper way to watch football. Enjoyed today. Wish we still had terraces to stand on.

Glorious St Pat
08-11-2014, 07:15 PM
Same in the south terrace. Big fence miles away from the pitch and standing in water. Proper way to watch football. Enjoyed today. Wish we still had terraces to stand on.

I stand every game at ER but that was something else! Jacket is still soaking wet and smelling of a fruity apple wine after my previous baby crew post. Still the tea was a £1 and the pints in Partners cheap.

LancashireHibby
08-11-2014, 07:16 PM
Love a terrace. Don't love still being wet through.

MWHIBBIES
08-11-2014, 07:17 PM
**** Terry Butcher.

Pretty Boy
08-11-2014, 07:32 PM
It's a ****hole.

There's a massive difference between old grounds with a bit character (see Palmerston, Somerset etc) and an utter slum like Central Park.

Billy Whizz
08-11-2014, 07:33 PM
It's a ****hole.

There's a massive difference between old grounds with a bit character (see Palmerston, Somerset etc) and an utter slum like Central Park.

I agree, should be told to bolt from this level of football if they can't provide even slightly better facilities

PatHead
08-11-2014, 07:40 PM
Worst bit was they charged us the same as their own supporters who were sitting under cover.

zitelli62
08-11-2014, 07:42 PM
well done to all who travelled through today that place is a ****hole my wee boy moaned to leave with 10 mins to and for once i did not argue as we were both soaked through once again well done to all.:top marks:flag:

silverhibee
08-11-2014, 07:46 PM
Umbrellas are dangerous things at football games.

What a dump.

3 points, happy days. :gwa:

ano hibby
08-11-2014, 07:53 PM
Special mention to excellent Blue Brasilian programme.

Good effort also by the home fans with the drum & who kept supporting their team throughout..even if they had knicked half our songs :)

PatHead
08-11-2014, 07:59 PM
Special mention to excellent Blue Brasilian programme.

Good effort also by the home fans with the drum & who kept supporting their team throughout..even if they had knicked half our songs :)

Since when did we sing bouncy bouncy?

Ronniekirk
08-11-2014, 08:00 PM
I agree, should be told to bolt from this level of football if they can't provide even slightly better facilities

Don't know why they call waterproofs that ,as my jumper below it was soaked .That was Brutal today and a fair few left at different points ,including half time .But my prediction of 2. 1 was spot on so some consolation .

cabbageandribs1875
08-11-2014, 08:03 PM
i was surprised to hear the young crew singing that bouncy bouncy p@sh on their arrival at the Livi ground recently

Hibernia&Alba
08-11-2014, 08:10 PM
It's a disgrace; the worst I've ever seen. Pished wet through in a post-nuclear landscape. Just imagine the experience had we lost!

silverhibee
08-11-2014, 08:14 PM
Since when did we sing bouncy bouncy?

Where did he say that, read his post again, he said "half".

Chill oot, it was just some rain.

PatHead
08-11-2014, 08:18 PM
Where did he say that, read his post again, he said "half".

Chill oot, it was just some rain.

Don't need to still freezing :)

silverhibee
08-11-2014, 08:19 PM
Don't know why they call waterproofs that ,as my jumper below it was soaked .That was Brutal today and a fair few left at different points ,including half time .But my prediction of 2. 1 was spot on so some consolation .

You need a better waterproof Ronnie, :greengrin only the bottom of my jeans and trainers got wet, that's the only downside to a good waterproof, the rain drips of the bottom of the overcoat, hence only trainers and bit of jeans got wet. :thumbsup:

ronaldo7
08-11-2014, 08:19 PM
Absolute nightmare of a ground. We stood in the pishing rain while they had half a stand empty at the other side of the ground. They should be made to open that area to visiting fans in days like today.

LancashireHibby
08-11-2014, 08:20 PM
Absolute nightmare of a ground. We stood in the pishing rain while they had half a stand empty at the other side of the ground. They should be made to open that area to visiting fans in days like today.
Trouble is, if they did that then who decides who gets under cover and who doesn't?

Billy Whizz
08-11-2014, 08:21 PM

Ronnie, seemingly it was a police decision. One that we should take up with Hibs before we play them next time

ronaldo7
08-11-2014, 08:25 PM
Trouble is, if they did that then who decides who gets under cover and who doesn't?

I was standing beside some auld yins who had sticks to keep them up. Maybe they should be shown some respect from Cowdenbeath and the polis. It wouldn't take too much organisation to get them under cover.

Ronnie, seemingly it was a police decision. One that we should take up with Hibs before we play them next time

Says it all Billy. Polis ticking boxes.

Badge
08-11-2014, 08:27 PM

Hopefully better weather by then and after that only in cup ties cause we'll no be in the same league

LancashireHibby
08-11-2014, 08:27 PM
I think the logical solution would be to allocate Hibs some tickets in advance for the seats next time around.

Lucius Apuleius
08-11-2014, 08:31 PM
Main reason I never went, apart from weather. Unfortunately cannot stand for two hours any more. In the old days they had a sign up at Central Park saying all persons enter under their own risk as ground was liable to subsidence. Never liked the place even when Gordon McDougall bought it to save the stock car racing. &€_%=%/$ is too kind as to what it was like in the 60s and I don't think it will have been improved since then.

Hibernia&Alba
08-11-2014, 08:36 PM
Main reason I never went, apart from weather. Unfortunately cannot stand for two hours any more. In the old days they had a sign up at Central Park saying all persons enter under their own risk as ground was liable to subsidence. Never liked the place even when Gordon McDougall bought it to save the stock car racing. &€_%=%/$ is too kind as to what it was like in the 60s and I don't think it will have been improved since then.

It doesn't seem to have been touched since the sixties, LA. Sorry to hear the standing would be impossible. How are you? I remember your mentioning your illness.

Lucius Apuleius
08-11-2014, 08:40 PM
It doesn't seem to have been touched since the sixties, LA. Sorry to hear the standing would be impossible. How are you? I remember your mentioning your illness.

Actually having a good week after two bad ones mate. 😊 Chemo is kicking the ship out of me and leaving me with no energy. Bought a push bike on Tuesday to try and build up the leg muscles. Managed a mile, so happy with that. Came home, went for a kip to get woken by the missus who had just broken her wrist so now I am trying to look after her. Mental!!!!!! But, at least I am still a Hibby.

Hibernia&Alba
08-11-2014, 08:46 PM
Actually having a good week after two bad ones mate.  Chemo is kicking the ship out of me and leaving me with no energy. Bought a push bike on Tuesday to try and build up the leg muscles. Managed a mile, so happy with that. Came home, went for a kip to get woken by the missus who had just broken her wrist so now I am trying to look after her. Mental!!!!!! But, at least I am still a Hibby.

The chemo must be a hell of an ordeal. Keep fighting and get yourself fit enough to stand in the rain at Central park!

SMAXXA
08-11-2014, 09:03 PM

Fair play to them treat the away fans like *****, I'm all for that approach

Fenriz
08-11-2014, 09:07 PM
People would have enjoyed their day out a lot more if it hadn't been for the weather. Only think I really disliked was the fence.

Probably been posted before but I just watched this lovely wee documentary on Cowdenbeath and Central Park. Looks a bit nicer in the sunshine: http://youtu.be/TUifUrFWTmE

Lucius Apuleius
08-11-2014, 09:16 PM
The chemo must be a hell of an ordeal. Keep fighting and get yourself fit enough to stand in the rain at Central park!

As long as I make row P in the east! 😊

Stantons Angel
08-11-2014, 09:25 PM
An absolutely awful day out in such an awful place! From start to finish it was a disaster!

After an operation on my spine a couple of years ago i cant stand for the 90mins of a game now and was really worried about going today. But as usual when Hibs are playing ive got to be there to see them.
Went through with my friends on the supporters bus and when we reached Cowden no one knew where the street was that the buses where to park in? Asked a policeman, asked a steward and both had no idea?

Ended up following another bus into a wee pensioners housing estate to get off at the other side of the ground where we were supposed to be?

It was like going back to the early 60's when Central Park would be no different to any other ground we were playing at. BUT this was NOT the 60's but 2014!!

Someone told me that the wee stand had been condemned and this was how we had to stand in the open in near torrential rain and get soaked to the skin!

Yet there were people in that wee stand at the back of it? Surely it would have made better sense to house most of the Hibs support in there if they had a license for the place? This would have saved people having to stand all day in the rain?

The buses were parked (eventually) in the street behind the area of terracing we stood in but the stewards were not letting us out a gate that would have given access to our buses in a few minutes rather than a good 15mins walk through rain running down the streets at our feet as well as pouring over us?

The game was not one of the best id seen but at least we got the 3pts and came away winners. But there is a lot to be said about the organisation of the place, an utter shambles!! It seems in trying to update the security there they have went OTT and made things so much harder for away supporters.

In this day and age of supporting football this sort of ground should be declared unfit and a hazard notice put on it!!!

Ricky Bobby
08-11-2014, 09:33 PM
I have been to Central Park a few times now and the facilities are not the greatest but if it stays dry it's not the worst place to watch a game. However after standing in that today i will be checking the weather forecast before my next visit.

Loopz
08-11-2014, 09:35 PM
Making us walk through a puddle to get out when I could not get any wetter was priceless.

Hermit Crab
08-11-2014, 09:38 PM
Classic football ground. Something different. People don't have to go if they don't like the idea of standing and getting wet.

DaveF
08-11-2014, 09:50 PM
As wet as it gets but if you go to CP you should know what to expect.

I'm off to bed with a hot water bottle :ill:

Hibernia&Alba
08-11-2014, 10:05 PM
Classic football ground. Something different. People don't have to go if they don't like the idea of standing and getting wet.

Classic football ground, HC? It's a pitch surrounded by debris. It's certainly 'different', and do remember some fans aren't capable of standing in the rain for a couple of hours, as some have said, nor is it nice for kids. Ultimately they shouldn't be charging £18 for the experience, IMO.

Fenriz
08-11-2014, 10:08 PM
People would have enjoyed their day out a lot more if it hadn't been for the weather. Only think I really disliked was the fence.

Probably been posted before but I just watched this lovely wee documentary on Cowdenbeath and Central Park. Looks a bit nicer in the sunshine: http://youtu.be/TUifUrFWTmE

Gotta say as well, their match day programme is awesome! Just finished reading it, packed to the brim with interesting articles.

The Green Goblin
08-11-2014, 10:14 PM

It's got nothing to do with having to make a choice HC. Any and all supporters who want to go and support their team should be able to do so, safely and especially those with medical or disability issues. I think that's the point posters are making. You wouldn't tell people with walking sticks or wheelchairs they "don't have to go" if they don't like the set up which makes it hard for them, would you? It shouldn't ever come down to a choice in 2014 because a public venue is unfit for purpose or lacks basic extra facilities, such as seats, for those that need them.

NadeAteMyLunch!
08-11-2014, 10:24 PM
Absolute ***** hole. Still soaked. If that was roles reversed, we'd go out out way to make sure that our visitors stayed dry whilst our own fans got soaked. Not sure if that's the right approach or not? Pish atmosphere as well. Our group tried to get quite a few songs going in the first half and not a single one caught on.

B.H.F.C
08-11-2014, 10:28 PM
Absolute ***** hole. Still soaked. If that was roles reversed, we'd go out out way to make sure that our visitors stayed dry whilst our own fans got soaked. Not sure if that's the right approach or not? Pish atmosphere as well. Our group tried to get quite a few songs going in the first half and not a single one caught on.

No it's no the right approach. It should be as uncomfortable as possible for away players, managers, fans, directors and anybody else you can think of, when they come to ER.

There was never any chance of atmosphere in there today!

Pete
08-11-2014, 10:31 PM
Whenever I was part of the away support in the eighties and it was raining I got wet. Tynecastle, Easter road, dens park, tannadice etc...all had open, uncovered terracing and getting wet was just part of the day. The difference was that back then that the home ground had to give some covered seating for away fans who needed them like the elderly of infirm. For Cowdenbeath to not offer any undercover seating at all is out of order and its treating fans worse than they were thirty years ago.

I understand people being a bit miffed at the price but I don't blame Cowdenbeath for taking advantage. Even if a small percentage of the Glasgow Rangers fans in that area supported their local team then Cowdenbeath wouldn't be struggling as much. They would play in front of more than a few hundred and would perhaps have the ability to upgrade their facilities.

greenlex
08-11-2014, 10:32 PM
Should have been given yellow ponchos. :grr:

Ricky Bobby
08-11-2014, 10:32 PM

there is no way i could have joined in with any clapping,The sleeves on my hoodie were too heavy.

:wink:

hibs4life
08-11-2014, 11:10 PM

Thanks for posting the link, I enjoyed watching that. It does a great job of portraying the importance of football to the community and the emotional attachment people have to their teams. Let's face it, I don't think lifelong Cowdenbeath fans aren't in it for the glory days..

iwasthere1972
08-11-2014, 11:14 PM
If T'internet and Hibs.net were around in 1971 when I last visited Central Park I dare say that the posts would be almost identical except change £18 to £1.

Saying that it still sounds better than Tynecastle.

Jones28
08-11-2014, 11:15 PM
Actually having a good week after two bad ones mate. 😊 Chemo is kicking the ship out of me and leaving me with no energy. Bought a push bike on Tuesday to try and build up the leg muscles. Managed a mile, so happy with that. Came home, went for a kip to get woken by the missus who had just broken her wrist so now I am trying to look after her. Mental!!!!!! But, at least I am still a Hibby.

Stay strong mate 👍

Nomeancity
08-11-2014, 11:23 PM

Agree. What makes us think we are better than these clubs. They are at their level - leave them to it. We are in the championship because of our own doing.
What do you think Barcelona or man utd fans would think of Easter road.
Cowdenbeath and others could always get some big shot Russian businessman to spend money they don't have upgrading their stadium for games they will never need and rack up huge debts then do a runner.
All that said they really need to have a word with their egon ronay chefs, my hot chocolate was honking! Won't be back!

S4uzee
08-11-2014, 11:24 PM
How many Hibs fans were there roughly?

Golden Bear
08-11-2014, 11:25 PM

Keep the head up and as my old school motto used to say " fecht weel." I'm sure all on Hibs Net will say the same.

silverhibee
08-11-2014, 11:26 PM
Making us walk through a puddle to get out when I could not get any wetter was priceless.

At the pay in gate Exit, :faf: my feet were that wet it didn't make any difference, i just went for it and my first step in the huge puddle submerged my trainer in it, :greengrin don't think wellies would have made a difference today. :thumbsup:

Great day. 3 points.

Funnily enough as soon as i got in my car it stopped raining. :rolleyes: :greengrin

silverhibee
08-11-2014, 11:30 PM

:agree:

Folk new what they were letting them selfs in for today, if it rained there was a good chance you will get wet, just like if you walk to the shops and it's raining you will get wet doing that as well, surely us Scottish folk are used to this kind of weather by now.

We got 3 points and to splash in puddles. Great day oot. :thumbsup:

Jonnyboy
08-11-2014, 11:31 PM
Thanks for posting the link, I enjoyed watching that. It does a great job of portraying the importance of football to the community and the emotional attachment people have to their teams. Let's face it, I don't think lifelong Cowdenbeath fans aren't in it for the glory days..

Made that very point to my brother today. Fans that support their local team rather than jumping on a bus to Glasgow or Edinburgh :agree:

Sir David Gray
08-11-2014, 11:39 PM

The attendance was given as 2,563 and I would say around 2,000 of them were Hibs fans.

Possibly slightly less but not much.

SaulGoodman
08-11-2014, 11:53 PM
First went there when we beat them in the cup two years ago. Was my first experience of an "Old school" ground.

After forcing my way through the rusty turnstile I was greeted by bairns sliding doon a muddy hill, people pissing against a wall and the "Blue Brazil" mascot whizzing roond the Stock car track on a scooter.

I'll be honest, it was a wee bit bizzare and I gave today a miss.

silverhibee
09-11-2014, 12:02 AM

2000+

silverhibee
09-11-2014, 12:04 AM
First went there when we beat them in the cup two years ago. Was my first experience of an "Old school" ground.

After forcing my way through the rusty turnstile I was greeted by bairns sliding doon a muddy hill, people pissing against a wall and the "Blue Brazil" mascot whizzing roond the Stock car track on a scooter.

I'll be honest, it was a wee bit bizzare and I gave today a miss.

I bet you regret not going now, eh Meh. :greengrin

Stantons Angel
09-11-2014, 12:08 AM

A "Classic football ground"? Over the years i have visited most of the "classic football grounds" in Scotland and can assure you that most of these have now much better facilities than Central Park has in this 21st century.

Your compassion for people with ailments and/or restricted movement, who want to go and support their teams, home and away in all weathers, is rather shallow!
Being a Hibs supporter I wanted to support my team and having visited Central Park a good few times,even when Hibs have not been playing there.
I knew what i was going into and went prepared to stand for as long as pain would let me!

The rain was out of anyone's control but i had also gone prepared for that too and like everyone else, got soaked through to the skin.

The real points i was trying to make was that this sort of "classic football ground" went out of fashion many years ago and paying the sort of money we do today should, i think, entitle us to better facilities and also better communication between club, police, stewards and supporters!

To me there is never a choice to be made to either go to watch Hibs or not!

SaulGoodman
09-11-2014, 12:08 AM
I bet you regret not going now, eh Meh. :greengrin

Yes it did cross my mind as I sat inside beside the fire, warm and dry :greengrin

silverhibee
09-11-2014, 12:22 AM
Yes it did cross my mind as I sat inside beside the fire, warm and dry :greengrin

I'm still sitting at the fire, just put the leccy blanket on, legs are still frozen, but well worth the day out, nice to see how Fife folk still live in the 1960s, never seen so many Ford Cortinas and Morris Minors. :greengrin

I may learn the language at some point. :wink: :greengrin

Ronniekirk
09-11-2014, 12:38 AM
I'm still sitting at the fire, just put the leccy blanket on, legs are still frozen, but well worth the day out, nice to see how Fife folk still live in the 1960s, never seen so many Ford Cortinas and Morris Minors. :greengrin

I may learn the language at some point. :wink: :greengrin

Gan an pit yer Baffies on neebor an tak the dug fir a boorhill

BS44
09-11-2014, 12:40 AM
Light rain when we went in, 90 minutes torrential train at the game, and then light rain when we we left.

GGTTH

Boyle89
09-11-2014, 12:56 AM
Tbh I don't know what people are expecting. Small town ,with the usual celtic and rangers buses leaving from there taking half their fan base. The stadium is what it is, they can't help it. Just unlucky with the weather today. I agree with the pricing. It should be cheaper but we were bringing fans regardless so they were always going to keep it high.

The Green Goblin
09-11-2014, 12:59 AM
To answer an earlier question, I don't know what man u or barca fans might think of ER, but at least their elderly and disabled fans would be able to do it sitting down...and they'd probably be covered.

Many people today posted that there was a seated and covered stand where fans could have been accommodated.

I'm a bit surprised at some posters on this thread telling older and less physically able hibees who want to go and support their team that if they didn't fancy it, they should just stay away. Wth is that all about? Poor imho.

Nomeancity
09-11-2014, 04:16 AM
I'm a bit mystified by all these posts complaining about the state of the ground. We are in the championship what do you expect. They are a club who have not long ago just come up. Scottish clubs don't have any cash so why should they spend money they don't have to cover parts of the ground they will hardly ever need to use. Why should they go into debt just to keep hibs, hearts and Huns fans dry for a few weeks a season - it's not their fault it was raining. Why have we suddenly become the big time Charlie's.
And it's early November, it's going to get a lot colder, what's all this whinging about it being cold. Winter in Scotland, who'd have thought it would be cold?

GreenLake
09-11-2014, 05:28 AM
I'm a bit mystified by all these posts complaining about the state of the ground. We are in the championship what do you expect. They are a club who have not long ago just come up. Scottish clubs don't have any cash so why should they spend money they don't have to cover parts of the ground they will hardly ever need to use. Why should they go into debt just to keep hibs, hearts and Huns fans dry for a few weeks a season - it's not their fault it was raining. Why have we suddenly become the big time Charlie's.
And it's early November, it's going to get a lot colder, what's all this whinging about it being cold. Winter in Scotland, who'd have thought it would be cold?

I would rather have been to see Hibs at Central Park than see the LA Galaxy play Real Salt Lake tomorrow at the StubHub Center. You can't beat seeing Hibs, regardless of the stadium but I don't have that choice here in LA. It is difficult for me to imagine how some residents of Edinburgh go the see the cheats rather than Hibs but then some people go to Bognor Regis for a holiday every year. :greengrin

The Falcon
09-11-2014, 08:29 AM
I remember watching Joe McBride (snr) score straight from the kick off there.

DC_Hibs
09-11-2014, 08:41 AM

Ooh You lucky thing.

We had that choice as well mind.
No contest. 3 points duly bagged.

Keith_M
09-11-2014, 09:27 AM
Totally agree with the OP's Sentiments; Central Park would even have been considered a dump in the 1970s.

Their Chairman, Donald Findlay, is a millionaire who made his money from Legal Aid (i.e. Our Tax Money). I'm sure he could spare a few grand to put a simple roof over the Terrace.

Keith_M
09-11-2014, 09:30 AM
Gan an pit yer Baffies on neebor an tak the dug fir a boorhill

Yahoorsir!

The Green Goblin
09-11-2014, 09:36 AM

All perfectly reasonable points, nmc, although I don't think it's about being big time charlies. In this day and age, public events have to accommodate and consider the safety and wellbeing of all who attend. As for yesterday's game, I still think the middle paragraph of my previous post asks a perfectly reasonable question of its own.

One Day
09-11-2014, 10:17 AM
I stand every game at ER but that was something else! Jacket is still soaking wet and smelling of a fruity apple wine after my previous baby crew post. Still the tea was a £1 and the pints in Partners cheap.

Hope yours wasn't £800 :wink:

Alex Trager
09-11-2014, 10:20 AM

Oh I disagree.
£18 for that is shocking.
Even if there was some sort of shelter it would've been ten times better.

If it was closer to the park.
And not pissing down with rain- the worst weather I've ever been subject to at a hibs game, although I'm only 22.
Then I would say it's better. Somewhere like Ayr. That's a decent wee ground.
Although it's miles away.

Alex Trager
09-11-2014, 10:22 AM

See I appreciate the content of this text.
Which is all true.
But to charge £18 for that is scandalous no? If it was a lot cheaper folk wouldn't moan so much

SaulGoodman
09-11-2014, 10:33 AM
Ooh You lucky thing.

We had that choice as well mind.
No contest. 3 points duly bagged.

Sorry I'm not an uber fan.

NAE NOOKIE
09-11-2014, 10:54 AM
Stay strong mate 

Seconded

NAE NOOKIE
09-11-2014, 11:24 AM
One of the few grounds in the Championship I haven't visited, which is just as well by the sound of it :greengrin

If we end up playing Ayr Utd in the Cup I would recommend anybody who hasn't been to go, a real blast from the past for those of us who went to away games in the 70s / 80s ...... the atmosphere was great last time. The bogs are ... erm ... basic.

Somebody said "what would a Man Utd or Barcelona fans think of ER" ..... I think they would be pretty impressed ... my only experience of an EPL ground in recent years is Goodison Park and Easter Road is stratospherically better. I was at the Reebok too and though its a nice stadium I didn't see anything for the average punter that was any better than ER.

Borderhibbie76
09-11-2014, 11:37 AM
The song as we left at full time summed itbup for me "cowdens a @@@@hole..I wanna go home lol.
Agree that 18 quid for that was a scandle!!

Jones28
09-11-2014, 11:37 AM
I think charging £18 for uncovered, standing terracing is a bit much. £15 woulda been more reasonable.

silverhibee
09-11-2014, 12:02 PM
To answer an earlier question, I don't know what man u or barca fans might think of ER, but at least their elderly and disabled fans would be able to do it sitting down...and they'd probably be covered.

Many people today posted that there was a seated and covered stand where fans could have been accommodated.

I'm a bit surprised at some posters on this thread telling older and less physically able hibees who want to go and support their team that if they didn't fancy it, they should just stay away. Wth is that all about? Poor imho.

There was a enclosure in the away end for the disabled.

silverhibee
09-11-2014, 12:08 PM

All part of the great adventure we are going through, and with the luck Hibs get we will be going on the adventure again next season.

It was just some rain folks, we get plenty of it here in the land that is Scotland.

marinello59
09-11-2014, 12:13 PM
All part of the great adventure we are going through, and with the luck Hibs get we will be going on the adventure again next season.

It was just some rain folks, we get plenty of it here in the land that is Scotland.

Aye. Fitba fans get exactly what they deserve and if that means standing in a total hovel for 90 minutes with no shelter, all for £18, don't dare complain. Just suck it up and say please sir, can I have some more.

Ricky Bobby
09-11-2014, 12:21 PM
I think charging £18 for uncovered, standing terracing is a bit much. £15 woulda been more reasonable.

In hindsight i think £18 for this game was good value, I can't ever remember being to a game the that seemed to go on as long.

Sir David Gray
09-11-2014, 02:18 PM

There was but you would have had to have been about 7ft 3in to actually see anything, thanks to the height of the railing in front of the wheelchair area.

This was the view I was greeted to yesterday, from a normal seated position.

I can't figure out how to rotate this round the right way but I'm sure you'll get the idea! I had to bend over the whole time in order to see anything.

£18 for that dump yesterday is a disgrace, it should have been condemned years ago.

oconnors_strip
09-11-2014, 02:54 PM

But that is only for wheelchair disabled fans, no tickets for ambulant disabled.

Sir David Gray
09-11-2014, 02:58 PM
Just tried to rotate the picture the right way round and although I've managed it, it's still pretty small!

Hopefully gives a better indication of my "view" though!

silverhibee
09-11-2014, 03:52 PM
Aye. Fitba fans get exactly what they deserve and if that means standing in a total hovel for 90 minutes with no shelter, all for £18, don't dare complain. Just suck it up and say please sir, can I have some more.

Glad you see it the same as me. :greengrin

Smartie
09-11-2014, 04:18 PM
See I appreciate the content of this text.
Which is all true.
But to charge £18 for that is scandalous no? If it was a lot cheaper folk wouldn't moan so much

I agree that it was a bit much.

But I don't really begrudge them taking advantage of an opportunity that has been presented to them, a small club with terrible facilities being presented with several large away supports coming to their ground. Maybe they are aspiring to move to a new ground, or even to improve what it already there? It won't pay for itself so charging us £18 instead of £15 (that most people would have been happy with) has earned them an extra £6000 or so towards that.

If it hadn't been pishing down it would have been a pleasure.

The Harp
09-11-2014, 04:26 PM
Some positives and negatives for me regarding our trip back in time to Cowdenbeath:

Negatives:
It wiz raining and we'd nae cover!

Positives:
Not far to travel for an away match
Opportunity to stand on concrete terracing (a roof would've been nice though)
Good size Hibs support considering the weather
Great programme (pity it was soaked and hardly readable now)
And most important of all ... 3 points for the Hibs!!! :aok:

emerald green
09-11-2014, 04:36 PM
And people wonder why crowds are declining at Scottish Football matches. Sounds like a right s*******. On a par with Tynecastle, perhaps with slightly better facilities?

Phil D. Rolls
09-11-2014, 06:59 PM
Is it true that they don't have a helipad?

Future17
09-11-2014, 07:00 PM
Is it true that they don't have a helipad?

That's why Duffy turned them down.

Hermit Crab
09-11-2014, 07:15 PM
And people wonder why crowds are declining at Scottish Football matches. Sounds like a right s*******. On a par with Tynecastle, perhaps with slightly better facilities?

Ok I'll bite. Behave, ridiculous comparison.

Ray_
09-11-2014, 08:17 PM

I went to our last league game there, which was 1970, it was also pouring down that day as well and it was the biggest tip I had ever been to back then, sounds as though little has changed.

PS, at least we won 4-1.

silverhibee
09-11-2014, 10:40 PM
There was but you would have had to have been about 7ft 3in to actually see anything, thanks to the height of the railing in front of the wheelchair area.

This was the view I was greeted to yesterday, from a normal seated position.

I can't figure out how to rotate this round the right way but I'm sure you'll get the idea! I had to bend over the whole time in order to see anything.

£18 for that dump yesterday is a disgrace, it should have been condemned years ago.

Not the greatest view. :greengrin

Sir David Gray
09-11-2014, 10:44 PM
Not the greatest view. :greengrin

That's putting it mildly.

Fortunately I'm able to bend over so I could see the game.

A couple of others in wheelchairs were much less mobile than me and they could see virtually nothing and they left at half time.

Shocking.

oconnors_strip
09-11-2014, 10:45 PM

A couple of others in wheelchairs were much less mobile than me and they could see virtually nothing and they left at half time.

Shocking.

This is going to be raised at next scottish disabled supporters association meeting as the standards for our fans were shocking

Sir David Gray
09-11-2014, 10:53 PM
This is going to be raised at next scottish disabled supporters association meeting as the standards for our fans were shocking

Glad to hear it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not expecting five star accommodation at places like Cowdenbeath, but when you're being charged that sort of money, the least you should expect is to be able to see the game.

They made an effort with the shelter but that railing is around a foot too high and if it was lowered then it actually wouldn't be too bad.

The Green Goblin
09-11-2014, 11:06 PM

Great. Good luck for a positive outcome.

silverhibee
09-11-2014, 11:17 PM

Shocking.

I was standing down just in front of you on the terracing, soaked so i was and apart from the fence there was a thick pole blocking my view of the right side of the pitch.

Will i be back to Cowdenbeath, i doubt it very much.

monktonharp
09-11-2014, 11:22 PM
This is going to be raised at next scottish disabled supporters association meeting as the standards for our fans were shockingthat is a very valid point. most on here have complained about the conditions or rather, the conditions that away fans had to endure given the fact that it pished rain all day and we had no cover. I jokingly remarked last week, bring a brolly! had no thoughts that our disabled fans had to watch a match where they could hardly see, because of further obstructions put in front of them! the game, well, I have been asked how it went. and my reply had to be that I could hardly see because of the wire fence and the distance away from the action that we were in and of course the weather conditions. Cowdenbeath fc cant be blamed for weather obviously, but it highlighted the poor facilities. this is compounded by the points highlighted by our disabled support, and in my opinion should be raised by the group, not just to the DSA, but certainly mentioned to Hibernian fc. I am sure that they can mention to c/beath that Hfc supply good facilities to any disabled away fans. I am not disabled, but have a real affinity with anyone that is in that particular group yet they have a determination to get along to support their team.

SaulGoodman
09-11-2014, 11:24 PM
[/B]

Ok I'll bite. Behave, ridiculous comparison.

Central Park is years ahead of Tynecastle.

Sir David Gray
09-11-2014, 11:34 PM
I was standing down just in front of you on the terracing, soaked so i was and apart from the fence there was a thick pole blocking my view of the right side of the pitch.

Will i be back to Cowdenbeath, i doubt it very much.

I was there for the Scottish Cup match a couple of years ago and I was in a completely different area of the ground yesterday.

Last time, I was in the home end at their "new" extension that they've built on the end of their old main stand.

Whilst I didn't enjoy being in amongst opposition fans very much, at least I could actually see the game.

silverhibee
09-11-2014, 11:42 PM
that is a very valid point. most on here have complained about the conditions or rather, the conditions that away fans had to endure given the fact that it pished rain all day and we had no cover. I jokingly remarked last week, bring a brolly! had no thoughts that our disabled fans had to watch a match where they could hardly see, because of further obstructions put in front of them! the game, well, I have been asked how it went. and my reply had to be that I could hardly see because of the wire fence and the distance away from the action that we were in and of course the weather conditions. Cowdenbeath fc cant be blamed for weather obviously, but it highlighted the poor facilities. this is compounded by the points highlighted by our disabled support, and in my opinion should be raised by the group, not just to the DSA, but certainly mentioned to Hibernian fc. I am sure that they can mention to c/beath that Hfc supply good facilities to any disabled away fans. I am not disabled, but have a real affinity with anyone that is in that particular group yet they have a determination to get along to support their team.

Well said sir.

The Green Goblin
10-11-2014, 01:31 AM
that is a very valid point. most on here have complained about the conditions or rather, the conditions that away fans had to endure given the fact that it pished rain all day and we had no cover. I jokingly remarked last week, bring a brolly! had no thoughts that our disabled fans had to watch a match where they could hardly see, because of further obstructions put in front of them! the game, well, I have been asked how it went. and my reply had to be that I could hardly see because of the wire fence and the distance away from the action that we were in and of course the weather conditions. Cowdenbeath fc cant be blamed for weather obviously, but it highlighted the poor facilities. this is compounded by the points highlighted by our disabled support, and in my opinion should be raised by the group, not just to the DSA, but certainly mentioned to Hibernian fc. I am sure that they can mention to c/beath that Hfc supply good facilities to any disabled away fans. I am not disabled, but have a real affinity with anyone that is in that particular group yet they have a determination to get along to support their team.

Absolutely agree.

libernian
10-11-2014, 02:19 AM
would it not be easier if cowdenbeath joined the junior leagues?

greenlex
10-11-2014, 08:25 AM
I don't know why disabled supporters can't be accommodated round the race track the other side of the fence. It's not like there isn't enough room.

Keith_M
10-11-2014, 09:24 AM
Don't they have plans to move elsewhere?

dangermouse
10-11-2014, 09:34 AM
On the plus side, the soup was good :greengrin

lord bunberry
10-11-2014, 10:07 AM
I really like all these old style football grounds, apart from central park. The trip to Ayr a couple of seasons ago was brilliant and I loved places like Brockville and Cappielow the last time we were relegated. I remember going to central park a few years ago in the cup and when I went to the toilet there was piss running down the stairs.

10-11-2014, 10:12 AM
My mate went and said the bogs were awful lol

emerald green
10-11-2014, 02:09 PM

Central Park is years ahead of Tynecastle.

:greengrin

I really like all these old style football grounds, apart from central park. The trip to Ayr a couple of seasons ago was brilliant and I loved places like Brockville and Cappielow the last time we were relegated. I remember going to central park a few years ago in the cup and when I went to the toilet there was piss running down the stairs.

I remember stream of pash running down the terracing when we used to get the Gorgie Road end at the PBS. You had to very careful not to get your flared jeans ruined.

Carheenlea
10-11-2014, 07:33 PM
I was chatting to an older member of our support before kick off and he highlighted the fence round the terracing and lambasted this as another example of health and safety gone mad as the pitch was so far away any injury from a stray ball was almost non existent :greengrin. I just agreed as I was too miserable with the wet weather to explain how it was for the stock car racing and not really the football.