View Full Version : McGeough & Oxley

08-11-2014, 05:42 PM
Dylan was out with an ankle knock
Oxley went off with back spasms after a heavy knock in the first half

Hopefully a speedy recovery for both

Stewboy
08-11-2014, 05:42 PM
Hopefully a typo on your last paragraph!!!

08-11-2014, 05:50 PM
Hope Oxley's back soon as I don't have much confidence in Perntreou.

Stuarty27
08-11-2014, 05:56 PM

Made a good stop today, maybe not ready for first team at the minute..

08-11-2014, 06:20 PM
Hopefully a typo on your last paragraph!!!

Juggling a phone, a lager and my brothers screaming baby! Although I'll point out my brother has the baby!

Stewboy
08-11-2014, 06:24 PM
Juggling a phone, a lager and my brothers screaming baby! Although I'll point out my brother has the baby!

Don't drop the lager!!! ;-)

08-11-2014, 06:54 PM
Don't drop the lager!!! ;-)

08-11-2014, 07:13 PM

Aye let's all post negative comments about a young up and coming Hibs player. That's the spirit.

Good grief.

08-11-2014, 07:25 PM
Aye let's all post negative comments about a young up and coming Hibs player. That's the spirit.

Good grief.

The lad was a bit shaky/nervous during his 45 minute appearance, expected for his age, but i don't think he is ready yet on today's performance so if Oxley is out for a few games then we need another keeper in between the posts.

08-11-2014, 07:34 PM
That may well be true but why not mention the save that he made instead of the usual negative crap which we see too much of on this forum?

08-11-2014, 07:47 PM
That may well be true but why not mention the save that he made instead of the usual negative crap which we see too much of on this forum?

It wasn't really that negative what was said though was it? All the poster said was he isn't massively confident with Perntreou. Tbh going into a huge game next week I'd rather not have a virtually untried youngster in goal either. I don't think that's negative, just realistic.

08-11-2014, 07:47 PM
I hope oxley is back soon. His kicking was poor and he got swarmed at corners which other teams will exploit this.

08-11-2014, 07:51 PM

Okay he made a good save, he was also flapping fresh air a few times when crosses came in to the box, and his kicking wasn't the best, i'm putting it down to the weather conditions for the mistakes he made :wink:, as I'm happy as Larry at getting 3 points, that's all that mattered today.

Hope you enjoyed it as much as me, what about they folk moaning about some rain, terrible eh.

Badge
08-11-2014, 07:55 PM
The lad was a bit shaky/nervous during his 45 minute appearance, expected for his age, but i don't think he is ready yet on today's performance so if Oxley is out for a few games then we need another keeper in between the posts. Combe or Brennan?

08-11-2014, 09:57 PM
Combe or Brennan?

Brennan nowhere near first team ready

Oxley is currently out for dinner with his partner so hopefully things aren't as bad as first thought

08-11-2014, 10:02 PM

Oxley is currently out for dinner with his partner so hopefully things aren't as bad as first thought

In George Street?

Not had one of those stories for a while :)

08-11-2014, 10:03 PM
In George Street?

Not had one of those stories for a while :)

Not sure where but seen him post a pic on his Instagram

08-11-2014, 10:11 PM

Good grief.

Aye because that's all I ever do, right enough.

Based on today, I wouldn't want to rely on Perntreou for the foreseeable future, if Oxley's injury is going to be more serious.

That's my opinion, you're more than entitled to disagree with that if you wish. It's what a fans' forum is there for.

Cod Boy
08-11-2014, 10:12 PM
Not sure where but seen him post a pic on his Instagram

McDonalds at Meadowbank

08-11-2014, 10:14 PM
McDonalds at Meadowbank

Nah he is at tgis somewhere

familyman
08-11-2014, 10:51 PM
Are we really happy with that against part timers?
I think not.
It was more a relief ,but I would expect 4-0 nothing less ...come on guys .

08-11-2014, 10:55 PM
I think not.

We got the 3 points, that's all that matters, we won the game.

Be happy.

08-11-2014, 11:00 PM
I think not.

In those conditions a win is a win.

08-11-2014, 11:01 PM
I think not.

I'll be honest after the way yous have played this season yous must be hurting after a narrow win against Raith.

08-11-2014, 11:02 PM
I think not.

I'm happy we won.

Big Ed
08-11-2014, 11:03 PM
I think not.

You don't have the first idea about football, do you?

08-11-2014, 11:09 PM
I think not.

Mmm maybe you should watch another sport?!

08-11-2014, 11:16 PM
Mmm maybe you should watch another sport?!

Maybe watches another team. :cb

08-11-2014, 11:42 PM
Okay he made a good save, he was also flapping fresh air a few times when crosses came in to the box, and his kicking wasn't the best, i'm putting it down to the weather conditions for the mistakes he made :wink:, as I'm happy as Larry at getting 3 points, that's all that mattered today.

Hope you enjoyed it as much as me, what about they folk moaning about some rain, terrible eh.

Where did you get your waterproof ,Mines is now in the bin :confused: :violin:

Don't worry ,be Happy :wink:

09-11-2014, 06:14 AM
If we have to sign an emergency loan keeper to cover for Oxley am I right in saying it'll need to be within Scotland? If so anybody know who Celtics 3rd choice keeper is? Seems likely solution! (Don't like how that makes us sound like their feeder club)

Realise we can sign any out of contract player from anywhere but they'll no be fit.

09-11-2014, 06:15 AM
Are we really happy with that against part timers? I think not. It was more a relief ,but I would expect 4-0 nothing less ...come on guys .

Yip!

3 points is 3 points in my book especial in those conditions.

4-0, 1-0, 2-1 all the same to me.

However YOU seem very unhappy at getting 3 points!! Mmmmm

09-11-2014, 07:44 AM
That's one of those grounds where any result is a good result.

09-11-2014, 08:29 AM
If we have to sign an emergency loan keeper to cover for Oxley am I right in saying it'll need to be within Scotland? If so anybody know who Celtics 3rd choice keeper is? Seems likely solution! (Don't like how that makes us sound like their feeder club)

Realise we can sign any out of contract player from anywhere but they'll no be fit.

Not sure we really need, or can justify bringing in a new keeper. We started the season knowing that should Oxley get injured, we would have Combe or Perntreou as back up, and nothings changed. If Stubbs doesnt think Perntreou is ready to play first team games then he should have sorted that before the season started.

09-11-2014, 09:56 AM
The international break might have come at a good time for us. Hopefully we'll have a fully fit squad (bar big el alagui) when we return to play QOS.

09-11-2014, 10:01 AM
The international break might have come at a good time for us. Hopefully we'll have a fully fit squad (bar big el alagui) when we return to play QOS.

We don't have an international break

09-11-2014, 10:15 AM

McGeough unlikely to be fit for next week

09-11-2014, 11:19 AM
Where did you get your waterproof ,Mines is now in the bin :confused: :violin:

Don't worry ,be Happy :wink:

Got it from Cruise Ronnie, not going to mention the price though :greengrin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oo4OnQpwjkc :thumbsup:

09-11-2014, 11:26 AM

Why just in Scotland.

09-11-2014, 11:30 AM
Why just in Scotland.

We have a full quote of cross border loans. Although not sure that applies to emergency loans.

09-11-2014, 12:03 PM
Why just in Scotland.

Similar reason to why Oxley couldn't be recalled, criss border transfers won't be sanctioned by UEFA outside of the transfer window.

09-11-2014, 12:12 PM
Got it from Cruise Ronnie, not going to mention the price though :greengrin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oo4OnQpwjkc :thumbsup:

Cheers Silver ,will break open my money jar that is nearly full and see how much short I am .:wink: I take it it's no £800 like the guy fae the Baby Crew :confused:

09-11-2014, 10:35 PM
Similar reason to why Oxley couldn't be recalled, criss border transfers won't be sanctioned by UEFA outside of the transfer window.

Can't see any clubs in Scotland willing to loan us a goalie at this time in the season, celtc won't as Plukey is in and out of the team so they won't loan any goalies out to us and most clubs in Scotland will mostly have young lads as there 3rd choice, you sure it's not different for emergency loans and we can get a goalie from any club in Europe. :dunno:

Any news on Oxleys injury yet.

09-11-2014, 10:39 PM
Cheers Silver ,will break open my money jar that is nearly full and see how much short I am .:wink: I take it it's no £800 like the guy fae the Baby Crew :confused:

Just a tad dearer but well worth it if you intend going back to Cowdenbeath. :greengrin

Hope it's a big bottle. :thumbsup:

09-11-2014, 10:51 PM

Oxley is currently out for dinner with his partner so hopefully things aren't as bad as first thoughtis his partner a big guy? scared to make a comment these days, with the risk of being politically incorrect :rolleyes:

10-11-2014, 09:23 AM
is his partner a big guy? scared to make a comment these days, with the risk of being politically incorrect :rolleyes:

Nah she is a pretty lass but not sure if wife, fiancé, girlfriend so don't want to say the wrong thing ;)

10-11-2014, 06:15 PM
Just a tad dearer but well worth it if you intend going back to Cowdenbeath. :greengrin

Hope it's a big bottle. :thumbsup:

Am a born and bred Fifer, so canny wi ma spandulies like ken So while I will be back in Cowdenbeath ,but only to watch Hibs ,it won't be with a Cruise Waterproof

11-11-2014, 12:10 PM
Any further info on whether MO will be alright for Saturday? It's a big game and would rather have him in than out.

ozzie
11-11-2014, 08:41 PM
Any further info on whether MO will be alright for Saturday? It's a big game and would rather have him in than out.
Didn't notice Oxley or mcgeough I'm the clip for the 2 minute silence today. Not sure if that means there not back I'm training yet!

StarMan10
13-11-2014, 01:03 PM
@HibsOfficial: #Hibs can confirm midfielder Dylan McGeouch will undergo an operation on his ankle today and will miss #HFCvQotSFC

Doesn't sound too promising. I think Oxley will be fine for Saturday though

13-11-2014, 01:04 PM
@HibsOfficial: #Hibs can confirm midfielder Dylan McGeouch will undergo an operation on his ankle today and will miss #HFCvQotSFC

Doesn't sound too promising. I think Oxley will be fine for Saturday though

Nightmare about Dylan. Hope he isnt out for long.

13-11-2014, 05:43 PM
Any news on Oxley.

13-11-2014, 09:13 PM
Any news on Oxley.

Knowing our luck, he'll be out until his loan expires in January.

14-11-2014, 01:05 AM
Knowing our luck, he'll be out until his loan expires in January.

The silence from the club tells me he is out for Saturday, few players have been bumming the young keeper up in the papers the last few days, if he was fit I'm sure Stubbs would have let us no that by now.

14-11-2014, 01:06 AM
Noticed McGregor is back in full training with Hull.

Just thought i would mention that. :greengrin

14-11-2014, 11:36 AM
So Oxley, fit or not for tomorrow.

14-11-2014, 12:18 PM
Not looking too good for Oxley judging by Evening News. Sorry can't post link

14-11-2014, 01:12 PM
Kleton has been told to prepare himself this week as if he was starting tomorrow. And with Combe playing the full 90mins on Monday I don't think oxley will be risked

14-11-2014, 02:43 PM
Not looking too good for Oxley judging by Evening News. Sorry can't post link

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/mark-oxley-given-every-chance-ahead-of-qos-visit-1-3604855

14-11-2014, 02:44 PM
Kleton has been told to prepare himself this week as if he was starting tomorrow. And with Combe playing the full 90mins on Monday I don't think oxley will be risked

I'd prefer combe to be honest. The young guy looked a bit vulnerable to any ball in the box in the pre season games.

14-11-2014, 03:26 PM
I'd prefer combe to be honest. The young guy looked a bit vulnerable to any ball in the box in the pre season games.

Have you seen much of Combe lately.

The young lad looked nervous when balls came in to the box on Saturday, imo he doesn't look ready yet, but it's either Combe or the young lad. Flick a coin.

14-11-2014, 03:53 PM

The young lad looked nervous when balls came in to the box on Saturday, imo he doesn't look ready yet, but it's either Combe or the young lad. Flick a coin.

No, seen nothing of Combe and aware he hasn't played a real game for some time. I just don't think the young guy looks capable enough just now and Combe will have the experience to get through the game.

Cue Combe playing and having a nightmare!:greengrin

14-11-2014, 04:43 PM
No, seen nothing of Combe and aware he hasn't played a real game for some time. I just don't think the young guy looks capable enough just now and Combe will have the experience to get through the game.

If Oxley is out then i would go with Combe as well, only for his experience if anything.

14-11-2014, 06:10 PM

Combe played for the under 20's on Monday

14-11-2014, 06:12 PM

Careful.

I made a similar point about Perntreou last Saturday when I got home from Cowdenbeath and I got my head bitten off.

15-11-2014, 03:08 AM
Careful.

I made a similar point about Perntreou last Saturday when I got home from Cowdenbeath and I got my head bitten off.

No you didn't. I simply called you out as to why you would post a negative comment about an up and coming Hibee. If you had said anything positive, anything at all in his defence then I would have said nothing. We would all like two top class keepers but finance doesn't allow that