PDA

View Full Version : Bampot Baby Crew

Glorious St Pat
08-11-2014, 05:23 PM
After being showered upon for 90 minutes, didn't expect to get another shower of cheap wine and broken glass on the train back due a couple of bam pot CCS wannabes. Kicked off just before Haymarket when one took exception at beer being spilled over his "£800" jacket. Fists flew with one poor guy getting a bottle over the head and a pretty nasty cut eye. Trying to break it up and I get showered with wine and broken glass... Cheers!

weonlywon6-2
08-11-2014, 05:25 PM
Halfwits,the lot of them

Pretty Boy
08-11-2014, 05:27 PM
Was his '£800 jacket' one of the cheap hoodies with ski goggles sewing into the hood masquearading as a CP Company or AI Riders jackets?

Never mind their behaviour, a few of the top boys need to be instructing these lads how to dress.

Glorious St Pat
08-11-2014, 05:29 PM
Was his '£800 jacket' one of the cheap hoodies with ski goggles sewing into the hood masquearading as a CP Company or AI Riders jackets?

Never mind their behaviour, a few of the top boys need to be instructing these lads how to dress.

It was a blue CP Company bubble jacket. I agree unity in the ranks is required not glassing one of your own.

Hermit Crab
08-11-2014, 05:30 PM
Was there no police on the train?

CropleyWasGod
08-11-2014, 05:31 PM
It was a blue CP Company bubble jacket. I agree unity in the ranks is required not glassing one of your own.

If I was glassed by someone, I sure as hell wouldn't consider that I was "one of their own."

Pretty Boy
08-11-2014, 05:32 PM

There's a definite group of young erseholes following Hibs at the moment. They seems to have the classic aura of the bully about them, every report of them scrapping seems to involve either folk younger than them, in smaller numbers or innocent bystanders. They'll pick on the wrong person(s) soon enough.

McIntosh
08-11-2014, 05:33 PM
Shameful - they having nothing to do with football and even less to do with hibs.

Glorious St Pat
08-11-2014, 05:33 PM
Was there no police on the train?

Never saw any police. They got of at Haymarket after singing 'they were off to smash a Jambo'. Hope the Hibby who got bottled is okay... Looked nasty.

And I cut my fingers wiping the glass of me.... Aaahh

hibsbollah
08-11-2014, 05:36 PM
If I was glassed by someone, I sure as hell wouldn't consider that I was "one of their own."

:agree:
There are some hibs fans who have nothing to do with me. They're not 'my own'.

Crab apple
08-11-2014, 05:42 PM
There's a definite group of young erseholes following Hibs at the moment. They seems to have the classic aura of the bully about them, every report of them scrapping seems to involve either folk younger than them, in smaller numbers or innocent bystanders. They'll pick on the wrong person(s) soon enough.

Might already have happened although I'm not sure that's entirely true having witnessed a smaller group of said baby crew take on and come off second best with a much older group of Dundee Utility last Wednesday.

SteveHFC
08-11-2014, 05:48 PM
Heard them on the train coming back.

Utter morons.

Greencore
08-11-2014, 06:45 PM
Pics or it didn't happen.

Thecat23
08-11-2014, 07:06 PM
I've seen first hand these idiots jumping about like twats. They love to cause trouble and I know a couple read on here.

I hope one of you lot suffer a serious injury in a scrap as you have no respect for innocent people around you. Don't care if I get abuse myself for saying this.

****ing clowns the lot of you and your not welcome at ER.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glory Lurker
08-11-2014, 07:21 PM
Shameful - they having nothing to do with football and even less to do with hibs.

:agree::top marks

'mon the beers
08-11-2014, 07:30 PM
Pics or it didn't happen.

Are you one of them? Each to their own but on a Saturday when I get the chance I go to support hibs. Regardless of the result I would never start on another hibs fan, football is a game of opinions and that's what makes it special. Idiots spoil things for the majority and it's a shame, I seen it today before and after the game folk not bothered about the game going from pub to pub

Baader
08-11-2014, 07:34 PM
Clowns. Easy to act the 'big man' in company. Anyone that has to refer how much the clothes they are wearing actually cost is a Grade A twat.

FranckSuzy
08-11-2014, 07:36 PM
If you attack Hibs fans then you are obviously not one yourself, despite your claims. No need.

jodjam
08-11-2014, 07:37 PM
Crowd of them on the 16:57 train. Making it clear they were off to Haymarket for a scrap.

silverhibee
08-11-2014, 07:39 PM
Are you one of them? Each to their own but on a Saturday when I get the chance I go to support hibs. Regardless of the result I would never start on another hibs fan, football is a game of opinions and that's what makes it special. Idiots spoil things for the majority and it's a shame, I seen it today before and after the game folk not bothered about the game going from pub to pub

Must have been another person on the train back who surely seen all this kicking off, i spoke with someone earlier who was on the train with the Baby Crews Baby Crew and he said he never seen any fighting, just a lot of noise from the yoofs.

'mon the beers
08-11-2014, 07:47 PM
Must have been another person on the train back who surely seen all this kicking off, i spoke with someone earlier who was on the train with the Baby Crews Baby Crew and he said he never seen any fighting, just a lot of noise from the yoofs.

Mate I hope it's not true about hitting another hibs fan that's all I care about just now. Great 3 points today but there might always be a minority to worry about, onwards and upwards for us tho and a massive game next week!

LancashireHibby
08-11-2014, 07:47 PM
Was a lot of baby squad types in my carriage on the 16:57 but no bother from them to be fair, though there was one who was absolutely steaming trying to wind up the ticket collector a bit.

CRAZYHIBBY
08-11-2014, 08:12 PM
Back in my day we would tear off their arm and beat them with it

Deansy
08-11-2014, 08:16 PM
Lonely, jobless, sad, bullied wee-laddies who still stay with their parents and their sisters beat them up for perving on them in the shower.

EskbankHibby
08-11-2014, 10:24 PM
Embarrassing that they in any way associate themselves with Hibs.

Cringe.

DC_Hibs
08-11-2014, 10:54 PM
Off topic slightly but I'm pleased to see so many groups of youngsters following hibs of late.

There are plenty of fans who have given up on the club and we need those fans replaced as many won't return even if we do turn the corner.

Having a rowdy support full of young team is no bad thing.

Footnote before .netters fury kicks in from the choirboys collaborative, I am by no means advocating bottling fellow fans, organised hooliganism and a return to jambobashing when they weren't allowed past haymarket for years.

In fact, the last point is welcomed.

DH1875
09-11-2014, 12:29 AM
I'm not up to speed with the baby crew but if we still have a so called baby crew, do we still not have a big boys crew? Do the baby crew not have older brothers/uncles/cousins or day I say it, even fathers in the big boys crew? If so, can some of them not have a word with the young guys and explain to them how it works :confused:. Spilled drink or not, I doubt there were many cowdenbeth fans on the train back to Edinburgh so hitting another hibee with a bottle just isn't on. And no doubt like many others, I'd hate to think of the carnage involved had it happened to anyone that was in my company. Last thing I'd want is to get into bother at the football because of our own set of so called fans.

Nakedmanoncrack
09-11-2014, 02:33 AM
Sounds a perfect excuse to get stuck into the younger supporters, sure there were no 'flares' involved ?

CraigHibee
09-11-2014, 02:58 AM
Most trains have cctv on them, im sure if the person that was clattered wanted the person charges etc they could.

most of them will be buying cheap knock offs from ebay rather than the "real McCoy'

eastcoasthibby
09-11-2014, 06:33 AM
I am a bit concerned with some comments on this thread where it seems like there is some tolerance for this baby crew !! my view is, if their antic's are not tackled, it will only escalate into a bigger problem that we as a club and fans do not need or want, so a zero tolerance approach is needed and people knowing them either names and shames them and reports them to the club for action, if ST's and like many i expect will be more than happy not to have them following the club.
We already have had our issues this season with the flares nonsense, so adding this type of thing as well (not that I am linking the flares to this, no evidence, but would it surprise me ??No) is unwanted.
I absolutely agree that we do want young fans coming back to the club, but not this element and all they will do is chase families, some older and other quieter fans away.
I know what fans I want back supporting the club !!!!!
So finally, we have responsibilities as fans and wanting the best for the club, report and record what we see, it's not "grassing" it's about acting responsibly for the best of the club, we don't want or need "YOBS" at our club.

PS - I observed a situation today where an argument about an umbrella being put up almost ended in blows, it started early in the game calmed down and then re-started again near the end, have to say in my view both parties were wrong, but a group of supporters middle aged mostly had had a few fuelled the matter with another guy not liking there attitude. But what the a stupid situation between Hibs fans about an umbrella in that weather ??? grow up guys..

AS HIBS FANS WE ARE ONE :flag:

Thecat23
09-11-2014, 06:43 AM
Sounds a perfect excuse to get stuck into the younger supporters, sure there were no 'flares' involved ?

Show me where on this thread folk are getting stuck into the younger supporters? I think it's great having kids coming back to ER and backing the team.

We are talking about a small minority of clowns who have already caused bother before. The fact you try being a bit of a smart arse with the flare comment won't surprise me if you were part of the idiots at ER who set them off. But hey adds to the atmosphere eh?!!

Silky
09-11-2014, 07:46 AM
Complete morons attacking a fellow Hibby. Clearly not fans if they do this! And canny be that hard either if they have to use a weapon!

Hibby Kay-Yay
09-11-2014, 08:03 AM
Bampot Baby Crew??? The sooner Hibs rid themselves from these bampots the better and that includes others who support/defend them.

leither17
09-11-2014, 09:39 AM
Every single one of them baby crew and adult crew aren't at the game for the football game that just happens to be going on at the same time. They are all there cause they haven't grown up yet and still have a gang mentality that most people get over by the time they are 15. ********s the lot of them

sleeping giant
09-11-2014, 11:49 AM
Us auldies should form a wee group and give them a pasting.

Scottie
09-11-2014, 12:11 PM
:agree::agree:

09-11-2014, 12:14 PM
I can't help but cringe when I see groups of wee 12 year old looking laddies swaggering around thinking they are "casuals".

silverhibee
09-11-2014, 12:18 PM
I am a bit concerned with some comments on this thread where it seems like there is some tolerance for this baby crew !! my view is, if their antic's are not tackled, it will only escalate into a bigger problem that we as a club and fans do not need or want, so a zero tolerance approach is needed and people knowing them either names and shames them and reports them to the club for action, if ST's and like many i expect will be more than happy not to have them following the club.
We already have had our issues this season with the flares nonsense, so adding this type of thing as well (not that I am linking the flares to this, no evidence, but would it surprise me ??No) is unwanted.
I absolutely agree that we do want young fans coming back to the club, but not this element and all they will do is chase families, some older and other quieter fans away.
I know what fans I want back supporting the club !!!!!
So finally, we have responsibilities as fans and wanting the best for the club, report and record what we see, it's not "grassing" it's about acting responsibly for the best of the club, we don't want or need "YOBS" at our club.

PS - I observed a situation today where an argument about an umbrella being put up almost ended in blows, it started early in the game calmed down and then re-started again near the end, have to say in my view both parties were wrong, but a group of supporters middle aged mostly had had a few fuelled the matter with another guy not liking there attitude. But what the a stupid situation between Hibs fans about an umbrella in that weather ??? grow up guys..

AS HIBS FANS WE ARE ONE :flag:

Just think, the new baby crew will be getting meetings with the Hibs Board in 20 years time. :wink:

Please tell me, how hard did the club come down on the original CCS in the day.

Right now all we are hearing is there is a bunch of young lads dressing up in new designer clobber and you want them named and shamed, for what, and yes it is grassing them up when there is no proof that they have done anything wrong, it would seem some folk are jumping on the bandwagon here about this new group of lads that are turning up at games supporting Hibs.

And yet not a thing said on here about the trouble after the last derby from the big boys causing havoc up the town that night, eh, lets just pick on the young lads, easy targets, watch there Dads and Uncles don't get involved. :wink: could get pwauper naughtie.

whiskyhibby
09-11-2014, 12:18 PM
There are some hibs fans who have nothing to do with me. They're not 'my own'.

We'll said, we could do without this sort of halfwit bringing the name of Hibs fans into disrepute

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-11-2014, 12:19 PM

It would certainly achieve more than the hand wringing on here after each game.

whiskyhibby
09-11-2014, 12:20 PM
Just think, the new baby crew will be getting meetings with the Hibs Board in 20 years time. :wink:

Right now all we are hearing is there is a bunch of young lads dressing up in new designer clobber and you want them named and shamed, for what, and yes it is grassing them up when there is no proof that they have done anything wrong, it would seem some folk are jumping on the bandwagon here about this new group of lads that are turning up at games supporting Hibs.

And yet not a thing said on here about the trouble after the last derby from the big boys causing havoc up the town that night, eh, lets just pick on the young lads, easy targets, watch there Dads and Uncles don't get involved. :wink: could get pwauper naughtie.

It's nothing to do with age, it's all about idiotic behaviour that we should distance ourselves from.........

Pretty Boy
09-11-2014, 12:23 PM
I can't help but cringe when I see groups of wee 12 year old looking laddies swaggering around thinking they are "casuals".

What I don't get is why they dress in retro 80s style clothes. Surely if the casual movement was still as big today they would be dressing in up to the minute gear not throwbacks to the heyday.

It's the equivalent of the CCS of the 80s dressing like skinheads or mods.

sleeping giant
09-11-2014, 12:28 PM
What I don't get is why they dress in retro 80s style clothes. Surely if the casual movement was still as big today they would be dressing in up to the minute gear not throwbacks to the heyday.

I blame all those Hooligan films.

silverhibee
09-11-2014, 12:52 PM

Right son bedtime and i will read you a wee story from my book. :wink: :greengrin

silverhibee
09-11-2014, 01:11 PM
It's nothing to do with age, it's all about idiotic behaviour that we should distance ourselves from.........

Only missed 2 games this season and i have seen this group a few times at games, so far i have still to see them causing any bother at games, flares/smokebombs are being set of at grounds across the UK just now, it's a faze,, even the Beath fans set one of yesterday in the shed they were in, i just think folk are getting a bit uppity about a group of young lads because they are wearing designer gear from the 80s and being a bit noisy.

sleeping giant
09-11-2014, 01:12 PM
Right son bedtime and i will read you a wee story from my book. :wink: :greengrin

A long time ago , way back before Jenners had secure windows .........

:greengrin

whiskyhibby
09-11-2014, 01:12 PM
Agree age should have nothing to do with it, or the way they dress it's peoples actions that are important

Phil D. Rolls
09-11-2014, 01:19 PM
Can I just be clear on something - somebody got glassed on a train and people are sticking up for the person that did that. I've got that wrong, haven't I? :confused:

silverhibee
09-11-2014, 01:20 PM

Give it another 10 years and they will move on to the Stone Island gear, if that's what they want to wear to games then surely no one should have a problem with that, it's like cause they are wearing certain designer clothing style they are bad lads, i like a bit of SI clothing myself, doesn't mean I'm a thug and go to games looking for bother, but that's how it is coming across from some folk on here that this group because they are wearing a certain clothing design are a bunch of stupid laddies out just to cause bother at games, and yet i have seen no bother from them so far.

FranckSuzy
09-11-2014, 01:25 PM
Give it another 10 years and they will move on to the Stone Island gear, if that's what they want to wear to games then surely no one should have a problem with that, it's like cause they are wearing certain designer clothing style they are bad lads, i like a bit of SI clothing myself, doesn't mean I'm a thug and go to games looking for bother, but that's how it is coming across from some folk on here that this group because they are wearing a certain clothing design are a bunch of stupid laddies out just to cause bother at games, and yet i have seen no bother from them so far.

Aye, but your eyes aren't what they used to be :tee hee:

Pretty Boy
09-11-2014, 01:31 PM

I wasn't really meaning SI which is still very much fashionable. I've a SI jacket myself in amongst the moutains of Fred Perry, Lacoste et al I own.

It's the dodgy Fila and Sergio Tachinni trackie tops and the like. It's not that I think folk wearing that are bad people, it's just shan gear and I've never seen anyone other than these wee groups, not just at Hibs games, wearing it.

R11Loaded
09-11-2014, 01:33 PM
If it's the really young group now occupying the back of section 43, there's nobody getting a pasting from them. They're without a joke 13 year old.

Class doesn't show on a maroon jersey

Phil D. Rolls
09-11-2014, 01:37 PM
I wasn't really meaning SI which is still very much fashionable. I've a SI jacket myself in amongst the moutains of Fred Perry, Lacoste et al I own.

It's the dodgy Fila and Sergio Tachinni trackie tops and the like. It's not that I think folk wearing that are bad people, it's just shan gear and I've never seen anyone other than these wee groups, not just at Hibs games, wearing it.

The stone island logos on jackets are so cheesy, a big clumping compass or something. They look like somebody's forgotten to take the price tag off their jackets.

Nothing but third class tickets.

whiskyhibby
09-11-2014, 02:03 PM
And I forgot to add all the issues raised are clearly criminal actions and can't be condoned under any circumstances

eastcoasthibby
09-11-2014, 02:05 PM

The context is about naming and shaming those involved in bottling someone, those setting off illicit flares and anyone bringing our club into disrepute through their antic's ! not about targeting just any young lads.....but just the type we don't need attached to our club.

We can't wind back the clock with what the club didn't do, but we can influence what we do in the future, it's not targeting all but those who need to be identified..... personally I will never understand the mentality of those years ago or the big boys the other week or the new crew either ...as I go to watch football and support the club !!!
Like I said the tolerance and acceptance of some that it's ok for this sort of crap ....that is worrying !!
I want young folk watching hibs but its with certain expectations and thankfully most live with that readily.

sleeping giant
09-11-2014, 02:08 PM
Can I just be clear on something - somebody got glassed on a train and people are sticking up for the person that did that. I've got that wrong, haven't I? :confused:

I don't think anybody is FR.

Glorious St Pat
09-11-2014, 02:08 PM
Only missed 2 games this season and i have seen this group a few times at games, so far i have still to see them causing any bother at games, flares/smokebombs are being set of at grounds across the UK just now, it's a faze,, even the Beath fans set one of yesterday in the shed they were in, i just think folk are getting a bit uppity about a group of young lads because they are wearing designer gear from the 80s and being a bit noisy.

"A bit uppity" - yesterday on the train I was within a yard of getting a bottle smashed over my head! I reacted by trying to stop the fight but could easily have got set about too. The lad who was bottled had a really bad cut over his left eye - an inch or so lower and he could've lost an eye.

The seating was covered in broken glass, empties and blood.

I hope the lad is okay and his mates who we're singing 'We're not fans but football hooligans' have a serious word with themselves.

silverhibee
09-11-2014, 02:09 PM

:faf:

silverhibee
09-11-2014, 02:12 PM
Aye, but your eyes aren't what they used to be :tee hee:

:nerd: :eyes: :greengrin

Dashing Bob S
09-11-2014, 02:17 PM
It isn't easy being young these days. We should be trying to reach out to feral youth with love and understanding./They should be executed and I would volunteer to pull the switch.

hibees 7062
09-11-2014, 02:19 PM

:tee hee:

silverhibee
09-11-2014, 02:29 PM

Not just our we group that wear that gear now, it seems to be coming back in fashion along with the Fred Perry Trilby hat :greengrin, Hamilton Motherwell and The Rangers young teams all dressing like that and it is the same down South as well, maybe these lads are being told by there dads/uncles what they first wore to games and they are following in there footsteps, just a hunch :wink:

silverhibee
09-11-2014, 02:37 PM

There must have been 100s of fans on the train back home but it seems no one else seen the incident, as i said i spoke to someone who was on the train and in the same carriage as this group and he never seen any fighting just them being very boisterous, said they were just acting like bams, but that was it.

Mikey
09-11-2014, 02:41 PM

Nope.

silverhibee
09-11-2014, 02:47 PM
The stone island logos on jackets are so cheesy, a big clumping compass or something. They look like somebody's forgotten to take the price tag off their jackets.

Every bit of clothing has a logo on it, Nike has a "tick" Adidas "three stripes" etc etc, are they all cheesy.

Having a go at someone for wearing a certain type of clothing. Classy.

Phil D. Rolls
09-11-2014, 02:53 PM
Every bit of clothing has a logo on it, Nike has a "tick" Adidas "three stripes" etc etc, are they all cheesy.

Having a go at someone for wearing a certain type of clothing. Classy.

And we arrive at the point where calling clothing cheesy is an insult. Lighten up man, you're seeing things that aren't there.

Third class ticket is mod slang from the 60s - hopefully you can see the irony in an old fart commenting on anything young people say or do.

I still think the SI logo is pretty shan compared to the likes of Belstaff. But who really gives a **** - apart from you?

Phil D. Rolls
09-11-2014, 02:54 PM
Nope.

Right.....so, where does anybody go from here in the credibility stakes? I just don't get this anymore. :confused:

Hibernia&Alba
09-11-2014, 03:04 PM
I couldn't care less how anybody chooses to dress, I do care when somebody perceives violence as the best way to demonstrate their support for their football team. It's all a bit pathetic, as those days are long gone. The modern game is £20 a match, Sky Sports, all seater stadia, family groups. The days of an almost exclusively male crowd, terracing, football special trains etc are over, and I'm not sorry it was before my time. Some things have changed for the worse in football, but he huge drop hooliganism is a change for the better. The kids playing a being football hooligans now shouldn't be indulged in any way.

Canongatehibs
09-11-2014, 03:08 PM
Back in my day we would tear off their arm and beat them with it

recall the CCS pulling the Emergency Stop cord on an old Football Special whilst on the Forth rail bridge coming back from Dundee around mid 80's. Those were the days.

Phil D. Rolls
09-11-2014, 03:10 PM
I couldn't care less how anybody chooses to dress, I do care when somebody perceives violence as the best way to demonstrate their support for their football team. It's all a bit pathetic, as those days are long gone. The modern game is £20 a match, Sky Sports, all seater stadia, family groups. The days of an almost exclusively male crowd, terracing, football special trains etc are over, and I'm not sorry it was before my time. Some things have changed for the worse in football, but he huge drop hooliganism is a change for the better. The kids playing a being football hooligans now shouldn't be indulged in any way.

Anybody getting involved in violence needs to have a look at their own inadequacies, and face up to their real fears. I get the impression a lot of them enjoy male company more than they care to admit.

That said, it appears talk of violence on yesterday's train has been exaggerated. Apparently it was all down to people misinterpreting youthful high jinks. No glass was smashed and no face was cut - all down to anti yof prejudice, or something.

So, just to recap, this thread is all about something that didn't happen. The very fact that we are talking like it has is down to our prejudice. I think that's about right.

Canongatehibs
09-11-2014, 03:11 PM

I think Massimo Osti might disagree.

Phil D. Rolls
09-11-2014, 03:25 PM

I would expect nothing less. As I've since discovered all clothing has a logo on it, so maybe he was making a statement about the irony of that by putting such a clumsy badge on otherwise we'll styled clothing.

Kind of - you know so little about style and fashion, you need a badge, no problem there you go, and don't you dare let anyone suggest it makes you into a number.

Then again, maybe not, maybe he just spotted a gap in the market.

I like Hugo Boss.

Glorious St Pat
09-11-2014, 03:29 PM
There must have been 100s of fans on the train back home but it seems no one else seen the incident, as i said i spoke to someone who was on the train and in the same carriage as this group and he never seen any fighting just them being very boisterous, said they were just acting like bams, but that was it.

So the cuts on my hands from the glass were imaginary? My mate sat next to (son of a regular Hibs author and well Kent face) also witnessed the incident. We were in the first carriage nearest to the driver.

Phil D. Rolls
09-11-2014, 03:32 PM
So the cuts on my hands from the glass were imaginary? My mate sat next to (son of a regular Hibs author and well Kent face) also witnessed the incident. We were in the first carriage nearest to the driver.

Can't wait for his answer to this. :aok:

Hibernia&Alba
09-11-2014, 03:32 PM
I would expect nothing less. As I've since discovered all clothing has a logo on it, so maybe he was making a statement about the irony of that by putting such a clumsy badge on otherwise we'll styled clothing.

Kind of - you know so little about style and fashion, you need a badge, no problem there you go, and don't you dare let anyone suggest it makes you into a number.

Then again, maybe not, maybe he just spotted a gap in the market.

I like Hugo Boss.

A gentleman has the label on the inside of his clothes. He isn't an advertisement for the manufacturer. :-D

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-11-2014, 03:36 PM
Waiting patiently to read the musings of the sartorial DBS on the young team's apparel.

Glorious St Pat
09-11-2014, 03:36 PM
Anybody getting involved in violence needs to have a look at their own inadequacies, and face up to their real fears. I get the impression a lot of them enjoy male company more than they care to admit.

That said, it appears talk of violence on yesterday's train has been exaggerated. Apparently it was all down to people misinterpreting youthful high jinks. No glass was smashed and no face was cut - all down to anti yof prejudice, or something.

So, just to recap, this thread is all about something that didn't happen. The very fact that we are talking like it has is down to our prejudice. I think that's about right.

Phil - is this reply for real or are you mocking some of the responses here?

If you're saying the incident didn't happen - well this is not true as I was the prime witness M'Lord!

Glorious St Pat
09-11-2014, 03:38 PM
A gentleman has the label on the inside of his clothes. He isn't an advertisement for the manufacturer. :-D

Great post and as an old Mod....I agree.

Phil D. Rolls
09-11-2014, 03:38 PM

yes, and a fool wears their underpants outside their trousers. Never been able to understand why people want to tell you what brand of knickers they wear.

Not going to wonder about it too much in case I get called a snob though. Got to keep down appearances.

Phil D. Rolls
09-11-2014, 03:43 PM
Phil - is this reply for real or are you mocking some of the responses here?

If you're saying the incident didn't happen - well this is not true as I was the prime witness M'Lord!

I'm with you for once (don't be too alarmed). There seems to be a school of thought on here that if you keep repeating something didn't happen then it didn't happen.

Once again we have eye witness reports, completely denied by the usual suspects. Instead it's the familiar tactic of trying to rubbish the credibility of others with diversionary tactics that are so transparent you can read the labels on their clothes.

lord bunberry
09-11-2014, 03:44 PM

No they're only sticking up for their right to wear 80s clothing, I think.

Hibernia&Alba
09-11-2014, 03:45 PM

John Smedley ;-)

Phil D. Rolls
09-11-2014, 03:51 PM
No they're only sticking up for their right to wear 80s clothing, I think.

Well that's something that I would defend with every fibre of my body. Glassing people isn't on, but wearing cheesy, mismatched fabrics and colours is everybodies right.

Thank goodness you you cleared that up. I thought somebody was talking about clothes to take people's attention away from a cowardly piece of violence on last nights train from Cowdenbeath.

Phil D. Rolls
09-11-2014, 04:11 PM
It isn't easy being young these days. We should be trying to reach out to feral youth with love and understanding./They should be executed and I would volunteer to pull the switch.

When faced with dilemmas like these, I often ask mysel - what would Lee "Scratch" Perry say?

[QUOTE]
Set them free
Set them free

"Now, this supposed to be
The trial of Emmanuel Zechariah Zechipaul
Adolfus James, and Lord Grabandflee
So listen carefully all you juries"

"Your honor, may I introduce myself? "

"Yes you may"

"My name is Lord Defender
May I speak on behalf of my clients? "

"Yes you may"

"Well, I don't think it's fair
To sentence these men to five hundred years"

"Are you suggesting that I'm unfair? "

"No, your honor, but as you see
They are from a poor generation
Having no education, no qualification
So they are driven to desperation
Can't get a job, they have been forced to rob
I'm not suggesting that they should
But as you know, a hungry man is an angry one
So give them a chance, your honor, please
Think it over, before you throw them over
Please give them a break, to mend their mistake
Your honor, as you already know that robbery was from creation
For it was robbery that befall the black nation
Our ancestors once ruled this world and all its gold
But now we are poor, who stole the gold?
Your honor, could you answer me that question?
If you can't, then there must be silent teeth
As well as and wailing thiefs
So please think it over, your honor, before you throw them over
Give them a break, to mend their mistake"

Poor kid can only afford an £800 jacket, have a heart people FFS.

Phil D. Rolls
09-11-2014, 04:16 PM
I don't think anybody is FR.

In that case, I apologise. As long as we're clear that it happened and that it's the act of a coward then I'm happy.

sleeping giant
09-11-2014, 04:18 PM
In that case, I apologise. As long as we're clear that it happened and that it's the act of a coward then I'm happy.

I agree completely .

cammy1969
09-11-2014, 06:22 PM

Well silver just been in touch with the mother of the young guy that got bottled and he's had stitches in his head hand and eye but hay just boys being boisterous eh. But for someone like urself who's been there Seen that done it like a few of us on he to say o come on and say guy u know we're on Train and seen nothing is a bit nieve,as ur1st to tell anyone who rips DR who I'm a fan of to get the facts 1st but feel free to pm me and sl send ur the mothers number and you can tell her that she over acting

Glorious St Pat
09-11-2014, 07:18 PM
Well silver just been in touch with the mother of the young guy that got bottled and he's had stitches in his head hand and eye but hay just boys being boisterous eh. But for someone like urself who's been there Seen that done it like a few of us on he to say o come on and say guy u know we're on Train and seen nothing is a bit nieve,as ur1st to tell anyone who rips DR who I'm a fan of to get the facts 1st but feel free to pm me and sl send ur the mothers number and you can tell her that she over acting

Cammy- having started the thread and witness to it all and also tried my best to intervene and stop the fighting, I hope the lad is ok. I also hope the parents are raging and get it sorted with the bans involved. Ok the guy was pissed and a wee bit cheeky to his "£800" jacket mate, but he certainly didn't deserve to be scarred for life.

johnbc70
09-11-2014, 07:25 PM
Surely the culprit will looking at jail time for such an assault? If thats what he does when someone spills something on his jacket what would he do if he got really upset.....

Glorious St Pat
09-11-2014, 07:42 PM
Surely the culprit will looking at jail time for such an assault? If thats what he does when someone spills something on his jacket what would he do if he got really upset.....

It wasn't the £800 jacket boy that did the bottling.

silverhibee
09-11-2014, 08:38 PM
And we arrive at the point where calling clothing cheesy is an insult. Lighten up man, you're seeing things that aren't there.

Third class ticket is mod slang from the 60s - hopefully you can see the irony in an old fart commenting on anything young people say or do.

I still think the SI logo is pretty shan compared to the likes of Belstaff. But who really gives a **** - apart from you?

I'm al chilled out dude.

Mods, was that the folk in long parkas and scooters with lots of mirrors who fought with the the leather jacket bryl creamed comb back rockers, they left me mentally scarred as a young boy scout in London at a train station, open razors flashing everywhere, not nice for young nice lad like myself, sorry never heard of that saying, i was never a mod but in my old age can be a old fart at times.

As for the SI stuff, i don't give a **** your right, sometimes i remove the badge as it can just cause hassle, can't be doing with any of that nowadays.

Peace

silverhibee
09-11-2014, 08:49 PM
Can't wait for his answer to this. :aok:

Think you will find i have responded to what i heard what happened on the train.

Coco Bryce
09-11-2014, 08:54 PM

Don't think it'll bother him he's deid.

silverhibee
09-11-2014, 09:11 PM

Have i at any point defended these folk, i said that i spoke to someone on the train and they said it was a bit boisterous on the way back but they never seen any bother, sorry to hear that the young lad got bottled, no need for that kind of stuff on the train or anywhere for that matter, they will get caught as pretty sure all trains have CCTV on them, not that i use them that often but few times i have been on them i have noticed the cameras so there stupudity will see them caught no doubt.

Why would i want the lads mums number, maybe you should be passing it on to Pat who witnessed it so he can get in touch with the police. :aok:

But i will PM you okay.:aok:

cammy1969
09-11-2014, 11:47 PM
Cammy- having started the thread and witness to it all and also tried my best to intervene and stop the fighting, I hope the lad is ok. I also hope the parents are raging and get it sorted with the bans involved. Ok the guy was pissed and a wee bit cheeky to his "£800" jacket mate, but he certainly didn't deserve to be scarred for life.

Thanks pat the lad can't remember a thing he was with dad and little sister but they got separated somehow he didn't know the guys involved gust got talk to them on the train. As of last time I heard ftom his mum they were still waiting for the police to get in touch.

Glorious St Pat
10-11-2014, 07:15 AM
Thanks pat the lad can't remember a thing he was with dad and little sister but they got separated somehow he didn't know the guys involved gust got talk to them on the train. As of last time I heard ftom his mum they were still waiting for the police to get in touch.

Makes sense now as apart from one guy saying 'you better get that seen to' ( the cut) they left him to his own devices. He did get off at Haymarket though.

HUTCHYHIBBY
10-11-2014, 07:46 AM
Makes sense now as apart from one guy saying 'you better get that seen to' ( the cut) they left him to his own devices. He did get off at Haymarket though.

Have you told the police about what you witnessed yet?

Keith_M
10-11-2014, 09:07 AM
I'm sorry, but among the debates about glassing a fellow Hibs Fan and Retro Style clothing, we seem to have lost the point of the most shocking part of this whole story......

Our latest generation of young Football Hooligans drink WINE?!?!?

Not Super Strength Lager, Whisky, Vodka or even Buckie............bl**dy WINE!!!!!!

:eek:

What is the world coming to?

10-11-2014, 09:09 AM
I find their "boy band" dress sence and ice gem style haircuts all a bit embarrasing, considering they all try look the same but at the end of the day I don't care what they dress like as long as they stop coming to the football thinking they are hard and tryna start trouble. Most of them look like they are in primary school and the others are cringeworthy older guys thinking they are big hard men once they have a few drinks in them.

cammy1969
10-11-2014, 09:17 AM

Pat pm sent

The_Horde
10-11-2014, 09:45 AM

Joking apart I have a hearts fan on my page who thinks he's a casual and he's always quoting and posting pictures from green street and such films.

It's embarrassing

Hermit Crab
10-11-2014, 09:54 AM
Joking apart I have a hearts fan on my page who thinks he's a casual and he's always quoting and posting pictures from green street and such films.

It's embarrassing

Unfriend button is your friend.

The_Horde
10-11-2014, 10:04 AM
Unfriend button is your friend.

I'm scared he'll hunt me down..

Besides he's good for a Jeremy Kyle style 200 comment status or two. I can't miss out on that entertainment factor.

Hermit Crab
10-11-2014, 10:19 AM
I'm scared he'll hunt me down..

Besides he's good for a Jeremy Kyle style 200 comment status or two. I can't miss out on that entertainment factor.

:tee hee:

blackpoolhibs
10-11-2014, 01:42 PM

It's embarrassing

emerald green
10-11-2014, 02:10 PM

It's embarrassing

:faf: Bet he couldn't knock the skin off a rice pudding. What a fanny.

DH1875
10-11-2014, 03:18 PM
This story gets more depressing. So it wasn't even the guy who's jacket got beer spilled on it that hit the lad? Wonder if he would have hit the guy if he wasn't on his own and wasn't a young lad. Hope he gets everything thats coming to him. Last thing you expect at the footy is to be set upon by your own set of fans.

Although, if the boy didn't know any of them and was on his own, where did the beer come from :confused:.

Dashing Bob S
10-11-2014, 04:32 PM
Waiting patiently to read the musings of the sartorial DBS on the young team's apparel.

Nothing to write about as they are, almost to a man, a complete and utter mess with their knock-off imitation labels. I refuse to desecrate the term 'casual' with anything to do with those pathetic sheep.

HUTCHYHIBBY
10-11-2014, 04:38 PM
I didnae think they'd get your seal of approval!

LordBamba
10-11-2014, 06:28 PM
Hearing the Hibs casuals want to meet the Queens Casuals at the bridge after the game, so watch out if your walking there.

Carheenlea
10-11-2014, 06:43 PM
Hearing the Hibs casuals want to meet the Queens Casuals at the bridge after the game, so watch out if your walking there.

:worried:

hibsbollah
10-11-2014, 07:04 PM

Our 'top boys' want to meet queens on a bridge after dark? Nice to hear romance isn't dead :agree:

Hibernia&Alba
10-11-2014, 07:19 PM
Is there any news regarding whether the culprit has been caught?

Fergos
10-11-2014, 07:42 PM
Our 'top boys' want to meet queens on a bridge after dark? Nice to hear romance isn't dead :agree:

Absolute genius.....the image of them skipping along holding hands across the bridge of doom does delight....PMSL.

Dashing Bob has a point too....they are sheep who are so far removed from the original idea of a "casual"...originality with a continental feel, it's embarrassing.....and no I'm not defending the originals who bounced about in the 80s but neither am I having a go at them....the casual movement was after all a fall out / tweak from mod, and the last style boom for men in this country that wasnt dictated to by middle class style journos from London....

And...it's a disgrace what happened...the right move would be the polis get sorted and lift the culprits for some justice.

GGTTH.

Glorious St Pat
10-11-2014, 08:17 PM
This story gets more depressing. So it wasn't even the guy who's jacket got beer spilled on it that hit the lad? Wonder if he would have hit the guy if he wasn't on his own and wasn't a young lad. Hope he gets everything thats coming to him. Last thing you expect at the footy is to be set upon by your own set of fans.

Although, if the boy didn't know any of them and was on his own, where did the beer come from :confused:.

Oh they had plenty to go around - they even gave me a can!

Glorious St Pat
10-11-2014, 09:16 PM
Oh they had plenty to go around - they even gave me a can!

Just spoke with the mother of the laddie involved. She was really nice and grateful that someone could fill in the blanks as to what happened. Police could well now get involved.

See GSP can be nice!!

Hibernia&Alba
10-11-2014, 09:32 PM
Just spoke with the mother of the laddie involved. She was really nice and grateful that someone could fill in the blanks as to what happened. Police could well now get involved.

See GSP can be nice!!

Good. Somebody needs to be in court for it. I hope the poor guy doesn't end up permanently disfigured.

Glorious St Pat
10-11-2014, 09:43 PM
I'm sorry, but among the debates about glassing a fellow Hibs Fan and Retro Style clothing, we seem to have lost the point of the most shocking part of this whole story......

Not Super Strength Lager, Whisky, Vodka or even Buckie............bl**dy WINE!!!!!!

Is Cactus Jack some sort of Apple wine? Because that and cans were drunk.

Pretty Boy
10-11-2014, 10:01 PM

Cheap apple schnapps that brings on tear inducing heartburn.

The Mook
11-11-2014, 06:21 AM

Tis true. I only ever see todays top Boys scoffing their Fois Gras whilst enjoying a nice Pinot. Said spillage was likely their desert wine. Served with the Apple Tart tatin I believe.

Keith_M
11-11-2014, 08:17 AM

Dunno mate, I was just going by your description of the incident.....

After being showered upon for 90 minutes, didn't expect to get another shower of cheap wine and broken glass ...............

sadtom
11-11-2014, 11:03 AM

Buckie and Thunderbird are wines.
Cant imagine they were gargling Claret and daintily spitting it into a silver bucket held by some flunky a la Jilly Goolding or Brian Sewell. ;-)

Keith_M
11-11-2014, 11:45 AM
Cant imagine they were gargling Claret and daintily spitting it into a silver bucket held by some flunky a la Jilly Goolding or Brian Sewell. ;-)

Aye, but at least they're fortified wines.

I got the impression from the OP that they were sipping glasses of white wine, not glugging Buckie straight from the bottle. If true, it really is shocking!

Phil MaGlass
11-11-2014, 12:39 PM
Aye, but at least they're fortified wines.

I got the impression from the OP that they were sipping glasses of white wine, not glugging Buckie straight from the bottle. If true, it really is shocking!

Mibbe the wine was the only thing they were able to steal when their mums werent looking?

Hibernia&Alba
11-11-2014, 04:42 PM

I heard the red was dismissed, due to being from a poor year, but a cheeky wee Chardonnay really hit the spot. An exquisite aftertaste of vanilla was the consensus.