PDA

View Full Version : The Totally Unofficial, Blue Brazil v Green Cabbage thread

Keith_M
08-11-2014, 10:09 AM
Hello all,

as Mikey has actually remembered to lock the Official Match Update thread this time (well done Mikey :wink:), I thought I should start the totally-unofficial-nonsense-thread, where anything goes.

Travel Updates?

Team News?

Weather Forecasts?

Fashion Advice?

Urgent: For anyone whose journey includes transit through Germany, please remember that the Rail Strike lasts right up to 18:00-CET today. Don't say I didn't warn you!

Pretty Boy
08-11-2014, 10:19 AM
Was planning on giving today a miss as I had an exciting day planned trimming some ivy that's growing across the window, slow cooking a shoulder of pork and making soup.

Really tempted to sack that and nip up and catch the train and go cheer on the Hibees.

LancashireHibby
08-11-2014, 10:22 AM
Should be at Haymarket in less than 50 minutes, instead I'm stood on Lancaster platform waiting for a train that may or may not arrive, and to make matters worse there's a load of Jambos stood near to me. Nightmare.

ian cruise
08-11-2014, 10:28 AM
Was offered the chance a while ago by the work for a wee all expenses paid trip to Murrayfield to watch some egg chasing. I'm regretting taking them up on the offer now. Expecting to be glued to the phone watching the hibs updates all day

Keith_M
08-11-2014, 10:31 AM
Was planning on giving today a miss as I had an exciting day planned trimming some ivy that's growing across the window, slow cooking a shoulder of pork and making soup.

Really tempted to sack that and nip up and catch the train and go cheer on the Hibees.

Surely all they things will still be there when you get back from the game?

O'Rourke3
08-11-2014, 10:43 AM
Fashion advice for Cowdenbeath? The 1970s? :dunno:

Pretty Boy
08-11-2014, 10:53 AM
Surely all they things will still be there when you get back from the game?

Agreed.

Which is why I'm currently hoofing it up to Waverley.

Keith_M
08-11-2014, 10:55 AM
Agreed.

Which is why I'm currently hoofing it up to Waverley.

:thumbsup:

LancashireHibby
08-11-2014, 11:03 AM
Not even left Lancaster yet, and even yet this train is apparently bound for Glasgow, the second one to Glasgow since half 9 and none to Edinburgh!

Anyone know my chances of getting a refund on my match ticket?

Ronniekirk
08-11-2014, 11:04 AM
Just leaving Paisley where it is nice and dry although early sunshine has departed . Had breakfast in wee cafe opposite the Library . Got the waterproof jacket in boot of car with gloves and hat if needed yon terraces at Cowdenbeath are exposed to the elements if it does start to rain .
Moan the Hibs ,keep the unbeaten run going but want the win even though very battle pitch that assume won't be in best condition and facing a team that will pack defence .But Stubbs has been training them on an even narrower pitch so he should know who key players are to unlock that defence
Will settle for 2. 1 if that's what it takes and we may have to win ugly but don't care , a Just keep winning

LancsHibs
08-11-2014, 11:16 AM
Thanks to train chaos at Preston/Lancaster now not going to make KO!! Raging!! Currently on my way to Glasgow and will have to run over to Queen Street. Train full of Jambos & Huns! Mat looks like I made it to Lancaster before you??

LancashireHibby
08-11-2014, 11:19 AM
Thanks to train chaos at Preston/Lancaster now not going to make KO!! Raging!! Currently on my way to Glasgow and will have to run over to Queen Street. Train full of Jambos & Huns! Mat looks like I made it to Lancaster before you??

Is my mate the Killie fan on there? He ran for that one at Lancaster while I foolishly waited for the Edinburgh train six minutes later that never turned up! If I don't get to Carlisle in time for the 13:01 (if it arrives) then I'm turning back round. Gutted.

LancsHibs
08-11-2014, 11:25 AM
Is my mate the Killie fan on there? He ran for that one at Lancaster while I foolishly waited for the Edinburgh train six minutes later that never turned up! If I don't get to Carlisle in time for the 13:01 (if it arrives) then I'm turning back round. Gutted.

Not seen any Killie fan only the before mentioned low life's! Currently somewhere between Carlisle & Glasgow

LancashireHibby
08-11-2014, 11:28 AM
Not seen any Killie fan only the before mentioned low life's! Currently somewhere between Carlisle & Glasgow
He's spotted you and going to come and speak to you in a minute haha. Just announced there's a train behind us to Edinburgh so fingers crossed I'll see you there eventually!

LancsHibs
08-11-2014, 11:34 AM
He's spotted you and going to come and speak to you in a minute haha. Just announced there's a train behind us to Edinburgh so fingers crossed I'll see you there eventually!

I've moved to 1st class for free wifi ;-)

LancsHibs
08-11-2014, 11:35 AM

Good luck hope you make at least some of it!

LancashireHibby
08-11-2014, 11:48 AM
Good luck hope you make at least some of it!

Same to you, think we'll be due a few beers on the way back!

sleeping giant
08-11-2014, 11:50 AM
C'mon the Lancashire Hibees :thumbsup:

Carheenlea
08-11-2014, 11:55 AM
C'mon the Lancashire Hibees :thumbsup:

Absolutely - sound like great Hibbies going to great lengths to support their team :top marks

GreenArmyyy!
08-11-2014, 11:57 AM
Decided to go on the basis of how much the visit on Thursday night pleased me, just bought tickets and now hitting the road, GGTTH!

LancashireHibby
08-11-2014, 12:29 PM
Just left Carlisle, hope springs eternal!

oconnors_strip
08-11-2014, 12:43 PM
Rain has started in fife!

whiskyhibby
08-11-2014, 12:44 PM
Can't be there today working all last week and most of next week in Delhi and Mumbai, but I have a feeling that Hibs are going to turn the screws on Cowdenbeath today GGTTH :-)

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Dumfrieshibs
08-11-2014, 12:52 PM
Just left Carlisle, hope springs eternal!

Leaving Carlise is always a good feeling !! :greengrin

SteveHFC
08-11-2014, 12:54 PM
2-0 Hibs Riordan and Leigh to score the goals :hyper:

Billy Whizz
08-11-2014, 01:00 PM
Roadworks on Main from into Cowdenbeath, traffic is really slow

LancashireHibby
08-11-2014, 01:00 PM
Haha not kidding. Never known it this bad in 10 years using the trains up to games. My best hope is getting to Haymarket for the 14:52 that arrives in Cowdenbeath for 15:30

LancsHibs
08-11-2014, 01:05 PM
Haha not kidding. Never known it this bad in 10 years using the trains up to games. My best hope is getting to Haymarket for the 14:52 that arrives in Cowdenbeath for 15:30

I hope to make the 14:18 from Heymarket, should get to Cowdenbeath just after KO! phew! What a journey:-(

NorthNorfolkHFC
08-11-2014, 01:05 PM
Same team.

Mcgeoch not on bench? Anyone know anything?

"A friend of mine once said he liked his women like his parmesan: strong smelling and shaved"

cammy1969
08-11-2014, 01:08 PM
not at game to day is anybody else having trouble trying to login to hibs tv for match com

Dumfrieshibs
08-11-2014, 01:10 PM

Stuck at work in Dumfries which is a pity cos my daughter lives in Burntisland so could have had a cheeky wee overnighter if I had been able to get to the game today... :rolleyes:

R11Loaded
08-11-2014, 01:11 PM
No Mcgeouch on the bench or starting XI!

Class doesn't show on a maroon jersey

SteveHFC
08-11-2014, 01:14 PM
No Mcgeouch on the bench or starting XI!

Class doesn't show on a maroon jersey

http://i.imgur.com/1w4zzKU.jpg

LancashireHibby
08-11-2014, 01:14 PM
I hope to make the 14:18 from Heymarket, should get to Cowdenbeath just after KO! phew! What a journey:-(

Hope you make it pal, PM me your number and I'll see you at the game eventually.

silverhibee
08-11-2014, 01:15 PM
Somebody must have stole a motorbike in Cowdenbeath :greengrin police are everywhere. :rolleyes:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
08-11-2014, 07:28 PM
Somebody must have stole a motorbike in Cowdenbeath :greengrin police are everywhere. :rolleyes:

:greengrin Glad they brought in the Polis Helicopter as the boy had made his way onto the roof of Wee Jimmies pub and wis lobbing spark plugs at onlookers.

SaulGoodman
08-11-2014, 10:48 PM
2-1 Hibs I reckon. Should be close but think we'll see it out.

silverhibee
08-11-2014, 11:00 PM
2-1 Hibs I reckon. Should be close but think we'll see it out.

The sun is in my eyes, and it's roasting in this state of the art stadium, got to be the way ahead, and we blew a fortune on ER building stands with seats, what a waste of money :rolleyes: :greengrin

Sub already, Murray for Miller.

SaulGoodman
08-11-2014, 11:09 PM
The sun is in my eyes, and it's roasting in this state of the art stadium, got to be the way ahead, and we blew a fortune on ER building stands with seats, what a waste of money :rolleyes: :greengrin

Sub already, Murray for Miller.

Akpo Sodje is a donkey, get him off :greengrin

silverhibee
08-11-2014, 11:15 PM
Akpo Sodje is a donkey, get him off :greengrin

Shefki Kuqi on for Sodje.

In the bag now. :greengrin:greengrin

SaulGoodman
08-11-2014, 11:16 PM
Shefki Kuqi on for Sodje.

In the bag now. :greengrin:greengrin

:hilarious

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-11-2014, 12:15 PM

I left Carlisle at about 2100 last night and was feeling good as far as I can remember! :-)