PDA

View Full Version : Motherwell v Dundee United, BT Sport

Hibernia&Alba
07-11-2014, 05:57 PM
'Well desperately need something, after five defeats on the spin. Nae manager, nae money; it looks grim.

Bolton V Wigan on Sky. Three wins from five for Neil Lennon.

Hermit Crab
07-11-2014, 06:39 PM
'Well desperately need something, after five defeats on the spin. Nae manager, nae money; it looks grim.

Warrington town v Exeter City fa cup live on bbc two. That's my viewing tonight.

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-11-2014, 07:49 PM
Well observed minutes remembrance. (So did United!).

Hibernia&Alba
07-11-2014, 08:08 PM
Warrington Town are leading Exeter. Anyone know which division Warrington play in? I'd never heard of their football team.

green&left
07-11-2014, 08:14 PM
Warrington Town are leading Exeter. Anyone know which division Warrington play in? I'd never heard of their football team.

Northern Division something or other - 8th tier of English football however.

ekhibee
07-11-2014, 08:15 PM
Apparently they're in the 7th teer of English football. I'm sure he said something about them being in the Bostick something or other league.

Hibernia&Alba
07-11-2014, 08:16 PM
Northern Division something or other - 8th tier of English football however.

Cheers. Beating a League Two side would be huge for them.

ekhibee
07-11-2014, 08:17 PM

I'd rather have nae manager than Kenny Black anyday.

Sergey
07-11-2014, 08:18 PM
Apparently they're in the 7th teer of English football. I'm sure he said something about them being in the Bostick something or other league.

Without checking, I think it's the Evo-Stick.

There's still two Ryman clubs in the cup - East Thurrock and Maidstone. Both have chances in upsetting the odds.

West hamBERNIAN
07-11-2014, 08:24 PM
That erskine looks a decent player on the ball, were we not after him? United seem to have quite a few decent young players after selling two of the best youngsters in Scotland.

DC_Hibs
07-11-2014, 08:24 PM

There's very little interest in their football team with crowds of a few hundred only compared to the 5 figure crowds that go to Rugby League.

Still plenty football fans regularly making the 30 minute journey west to Liverpool or east to Manchester for games though.

leither17
07-11-2014, 08:30 PM
These United youngsters all look pretty decent

Ronniekirk
07-11-2014, 08:34 PM
Connolly Spittal Paton and Dow all linking up well and Erskine having a good game as well But still 0 0. There has to be goals in this game based on play so far

Hibernia&Alba
07-11-2014, 08:35 PM
That erskine looks a decent player on the ball, were we not after him? United seem to have quite a few decent young players after selling two of the best youngsters in Scotland.

Yes, they've brought through some vey good youngsters in the past few years. They're getting it right. Motherwell look fragile, which is understandable given their form.

CallumLaidlaw
07-11-2014, 08:36 PM
Connolly Spittal Paton and Dow all linking up well and Erskine having a good game as well But still 0 0. There has to be goals in this game based on play so fat

Seen the last half hour and Dundee Utd look excellent at times.

Hibernia&Alba
07-11-2014, 08:40 PM
Motherwell have already received over fifty applications for the manager's job. I'd like to see that list!

NadeAteMyLunch!
07-11-2014, 08:48 PM
Motherwell have already received over fifty applications for the manager's job. I'd like to see that list!

Hopefully at least 49 of them are Butcher and his angry side kick

Hibernia&Alba
07-11-2014, 08:54 PM
Hopefully at least 49 of them are Butcher and his angry side kick

Believe it or not, a few posters on a Motherwell forum I read were saying they wouldn't mind having Terence back; and, wait for it, even Calderwood was mentioned. Staggering.

PaulC
07-11-2014, 08:59 PM
1-nil Motherwell Vigurs

cabbageandribs1875
07-11-2014, 09:00 PM
i thought women knew the offside rule :greengrin should have been 2-0

Hibernia&Alba
07-11-2014, 09:01 PM
1-nil Motherwell Vigurs

Huge goal for 'Well. Can they hold out for a win?

cabbageandribs1875
07-11-2014, 09:06 PM
pyjama needs to calm down

Hibernia&Alba
07-11-2014, 09:17 PM
Bolton lead Wigan 2-0 in the local derby. Very good start there for Lennon.

Hermit Crab
07-11-2014, 09:26 PM
Bolton lead Wigan 2-0 in the local derby. Very good start there for Lennon.

3-0

Bishop Hibee
07-11-2014, 09:27 PM
I'd rather have nae manager than Kenny Black anyday.

Eldest boy nearly choked on his tea when a close up of Black's mug in HD filled the screen and I pointed shouting "it's the anti-Christ!"

Good game.

ekhibee
07-11-2014, 09:31 PM
Eldest boy nearly choked on his tea when a close up of Black's mug in HD filled the screen and I pointed shouting "it's the anti-Christ!"

Good game.
:greengrin

Scottie
07-11-2014, 09:31 PM
Jesus how auld is the Murderwell keeper ?

Looks like he'd get a game for the under 14s

NadeAteMyLunch!
07-11-2014, 09:33 PM
Believe it or not, a few posters on a Motherwell forum I read were saying they wouldn't mind having Terence back; and, wait for it, even Calderwood was mentioned. Staggering.

Wow! Deserve everything they get then

West hamBERNIAN
07-11-2014, 09:36 PM
The referee is typical of how bad things are in Scotland now. Some horrible decisions.

Pretty Boy
07-11-2014, 09:38 PM
Wow! Deserve everything they get then

An excellent manager is Terry who will do a grand job at Motherwell.

The fact it would get him of our wage bill doesn't influence my thought process one bit.

Hibernia&Alba
07-11-2014, 09:40 PM
1-0 Motherwell, full time. I didn't see that coming, but it happens so often after a manager leaves.

NadeAteMyLunch!
07-11-2014, 09:40 PM
An excellent manager is Terry who will do a grand job at Motherwell.

The fact it would get him of our wage bill doesn't influence my thought process one bit.

I've never even given that a though. I just want Motherwell to get back to where they belong in 2nd place and Terry to get back into football. He's a big loss to the game 😊

Pretty Boy
07-11-2014, 09:43 PM
I've never even given that a though. I just want Motherwell to get back to where they belong in 2nd place and Terry to get back into football. He's a big loss to the game 😊

Yep. A real forward thinker with a philosphy focussing on entertaining, attacking and attractive football. A top man manager who places a real emphasis on fitness. Top class assistant waiting in the wings as well.

Just what the Well need.

Hibernia&Alba
07-11-2014, 09:50 PM
Well done Warrington. Huge win.

Squealing pig
07-11-2014, 10:45 PM
Terry butcher was made for football management. If he gets the job Europa league for well this season. Who knows next ? The title , champions league fitbaw at fir park. Jealous

DH1875
08-11-2014, 08:06 AM

Which Calderwood?

bingo70
08-11-2014, 08:22 AM
Which Calderwood?

Won't be Colin, they hate him more than we do because he objected to a minutes silence for Phil O'Donnell when he was manager of Nottingham forest.

Jimmy calderwood gets slated but he'd do a good job in the same way he has done every other job he's had, would be a good appointment for them imo

DH1875
08-11-2014, 08:30 AM
Won't be Colin, they hate him more than we do because he objected to a minutes silence for Phil O'Donnell when he was manager of Nottingham forest.

Jimmy calderwood gets slated but he'd do a good job in the same way he has done every other job he's had, would be a good appointment for them imo

I think Jimmy would be a good appointment so that got me thinking they ment coco but then I thought, that cannae be right so decided to ask, which calderwood.

Alex Trager
08-11-2014, 09:57 AM
I think Jimmy would be a good appointment so that got me thinking they ment coco but then I thought, that cannae be right so decided to ask, which calderwood.

I think he wouldn't be.
He's been out of football for how long?
The reason being? He's rubbish

Pretty Boy
08-11-2014, 10:06 AM
I think he wouldn't be.
He's been out of football for how long?
The reason being? He's rubbish

He's not rubbish though is he?

Scottish Cup final and European football with Dunfermilne. Highest ever league position.

4th and 3rd in his 1st 2 seasons at Aberdeen, last 32 of the UEFA Cup where they drew 2-2 with Bayern Munich at home, a semi final and qualification for Europe again before he resigned.

Brought in to keep both Kilmarnock and Ross County in their respective leagues when they were in big trouble, succeeded both times.

I'm convinced a lot of people judge Jimmy Calderwood on his Only An Excuse character as opposed to his more than decent managerial record.

Alex Trager
08-11-2014, 10:16 AM
He's not rubbish though is he?

Scottish Cup final and European football with Dunfermilne. Highest ever league position.

4th and 3rd in his 1st 2 seasons at Aberdeen, last 32 of the UEFA Cup where they drew 2-2 with Bayern Munich at home, a semi final and qualification for Europe again before he resigned.

Brought in to keep both Kilmarnock and Ross County in their respective leagues when they were in big trouble, succeeded both times.

I'm convinced a lot of people judge Jimmy Calderwood on his Only An Excuse character as opposed to his more than decent managerial record.

But what was his record after that with aberdeen?

Pretty Boy
08-11-2014, 10:23 AM
But what was his record after that with aberdeen?

In his seasons at Aberdeen he finished 4th, 6th, 3rd and 4th. That's a pretty good record, in fact it's a 4 year spell I'd have killed for at Hibs at almost any point over the last 20 odd years. For comparison the next 4 seasons saw Aberdeen finish 9th, 9th, 9th and 8th.

Since then he's led a bit of a nomadic existence. 2 short term deals in Scotland and 2 clubs that were in all kinds of turmoil in The Netherlands (although he did take one to the promotion play offs). I wouldn't want him at Hibs now and his best days are probably behind him but he'd do a decent job at a Premiership or Championship team in Scotland if his record is anything to go by.