PDA

View Full Version : Scotland Under 21 squad

Golden Bear
05-11-2014, 03:57 PM
It saddens me when a national under age squad is announced and we don't have any representatives. It makes it even worse when there are four players from THEM.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/298496-swansea-city-pair-earn-first-call-up-to-scotland-under-21-squad/

HibeeHendo
05-11-2014, 04:39 PM
I think Forster would've been called up if he wasn't injured.

I thought Kennedy would've been in there.

God knows how Callum Patterson got called up.

duffers
05-11-2014, 04:48 PM

I don't know what was worse when they came to ER. His football ability at right back or his hairband

easty
05-11-2014, 04:59 PM
A mate of mine thinks Paterson will be the Scotland number 1 right back in the near future.

I'm assuming he thinks ebola is going to hit Scotland pretty hard and Paterson is one of the few survivors.

Billy Whizz
05-11-2014, 05:11 PM
No Jason Cummings involved?

TheFamous1875
05-11-2014, 05:20 PM

Absolutely. Possibly the same re Kennedy, had he not been 'tactically' dropped.

CorrieHibs
05-11-2014, 05:33 PM
No Jason Cummings involved?

No Jason Cummings but they pick some striker playing for Greenock Morton!!

PeterboroHibee
05-11-2014, 05:42 PM
I thought Cummings would have been in with a shout, but we dont have anyone else who is playing regularly or well enough that qualifies for the U21s. Seems fair enough to me.

Unseen work
05-11-2014, 10:06 PM
Cummings
Kennedy
Forster
Handling

If it was me

Actually rate Paterson and he has a cracking delivery which was causing us a lot of problems, can't argue with his selection

Boyle89
06-11-2014, 12:50 AM
Cummings
Kennedy
Forster
Handling

If it was me

Actually rate Paterson and he has a cracking delivery which was causing us a lot of problems, can't argue with his selection

He is poor but I can't think of any other Young right backs playing regularly. I hope that's why he's been picked.

andrew70
06-11-2014, 02:12 AM
Jordan McGhee and Callum Patterson should be no where near a football pitch never mind an international squad.

Jason Naismith, St Mirren, is a very good right back with potential.

SMAXXA
06-11-2014, 09:55 AM
I think Patterson will go onto bigger things than hearts and I would recon he will have a decent career probably via old firm or down south.

truehibernian
06-11-2014, 10:33 AM
I think Patterson will go onto bigger things than hearts and I would recon he will have a decent career probably via old firm or down south.

At Pinewood Studios maybe, as Charlie Chaplin or Errol Flynn's stunt double should they make biopics about them :greengrin

Don't see it at all - he is the Ted McMinn of full backs - rampaging but wayward. Fans favourite type but not an intelligent player. Nicolson and Holt are their starlets in my opinion - and if they don't re-sign Holt they'd be mad. Don't think he would even consider us but I'd take him at Hibs in an instant.

FranckSuzy
06-11-2014, 10:40 AM
A mate of mine thinks Paterson will be the Scotland number 1 right back in the near future.

I'm assuming he thinks ebola is going to hit Scotland pretty hard and Paterson is one of the few survivors.

:tee hee:

brog
06-11-2014, 11:23 AM
It saddens me when a national under age squad is announced and we don't have any representatives. It makes it even worse when there are four players from THEM.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/298496-swansea-city-pair-earn-first-call-up-to-scotland-under-21-squad/

Its the usual garbage & I suspect Stark selected the squad before his (overdue IMO) departure. OF & players based in England who are not playing for their clubs get selected in advance of Handling, Stanton, Cummings, Harris & Kennedy. There is no chance either that Forster would have been selected, he was apparently considered "too old" for the last squad. I should say I have no problem with the 4 Yams selected but how Adam King has improved by never playing for Swansea is a mystery.
PS, Lewis MacLeod for full squad is equally ridiculous. I hope AS comments on this, there's a serious point here as getting international recognition at any level adds ££££ to a player's value.

PeterboroHibee
06-11-2014, 11:41 AM
Its the usual garbage & I suspect Stark selected the squad before his (overdue IMO) departure. OF & players based in England who are not playing for their clubs get selected in advance of Handling, Stanton, Cummings, Harris & Kennedy. There is no chance either that Forster would have been selected, he was apparently considered "too old" for the last squad. I should say I have no problem with the 4 Yams selected but how Adam King has improved by never playing for Swansea is a mystery.
PS, Lewis MacLeod for full squad is equally ridiculous. I hope AS comments on this, there's a serious point here as getting international recognition at any level adds ££££ to a player's value.

Harris, Kennedy, and Stanton dont start games for us though, and havent been consistently performing. A call up at any level should be a recognition of how a player is doing, and in that respect Ive no problem with them not being in the squad.

My issue is, as you suggest, the likes of King, Findlay etc who dont play at all for their club sides getting called up. Im also surprised the likes of McManus can get called up playing in League 1, but Cummings/Handling hasnt been.

Brightside
06-11-2014, 12:10 PM
Harris, Kennedy, and Stanton dont start games for us though, and havent been consistently performing. A call up at any level should be a recognition of how a player is doing, and in that respect Ive no problem with them not being in the squad.

My issue is, as you suggest, the likes of King, Findlay etc who dont play at all for their club sides getting called up. Im also surprised the likes of McManus can get called up playing in League 1, but Cummings/Handling hasnt been.

Handling and Cummings should certainly have been in the squad. You can;t be putting Kennedy in when he's only came on a sub a couple of times

R11Loaded
06-11-2014, 01:13 PM
At Pinewood Studios maybe, as Charlie Chaplin or Errol Flynn's stunt double should they make biopics about them :greengrin

Don't see it at all - he is the Ted McMinn of full backs - rampaging but wayward. Fans favourite type but not an intelligent player. Nicolson and Holt are their starlets in my opinion - and if they don't re-sign Holt they'd be mad. Don't think he would even consider us but I'd take him at Hibs in an instant.

Jason grew up a die hard Jambo, lives in Musselburgh so if hibs offered he might just say yes

Class doesn't show on a maroon jersey

brog
06-11-2014, 02:26 PM

I wasn't really suggesting AH, MK & SS should necessarily be in the squad but as you say, based on criteria above they certainly have as many credentials as many of the players selected. Cameron King, Adam King & Harry Cardwell have the grand collective total of 2 first team appearances, both for AK while at Yams. Is that better than Sam's 40 + appearances in last year or so for us? Are McManus' 6 goals for Morton this season ( 0 for Dons ) better than Jason's 5 for Hibs? I hope someone at ER is asking these questions of the U-21 team selector on behalf of our players.