PDA

View Full Version : Malonga call-up

GreenArmyyy!
05-11-2014, 01:28 PM
I have just seen the front page of the Evening News saying "Malonga facing Congo dilemma". I haven't managed to read the article but I am guessing he has been called-up and may be missing a game or two?

Heisenberg
05-11-2014, 01:32 PM
http://m.scotsman.com/sport/football/latest/congo-call-up-for-hibs-striekr-dominique-malonga-1-3594870?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Still to decide if he will go or not. Will be a big miss if he goes for it.

The Green Goblin
05-11-2014, 01:37 PM
Its good he's getting the recognition, but we can't really afford to lose him.

NadeAteMyLunch!
05-11-2014, 02:04 PM
Typical

silverhibee
05-11-2014, 02:11 PM
http://m.scotsman.com/sport/football/latest/congo-call-up-for-hibs-striekr-dominique-malonga-1-3594870?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Still to decide if he will go or not. Will be a big miss if he goes for it.

Strange, you would expect if you got called up for your country then you would jump at that offer, and not mull over things, would maybe ruin his chances of getting another call-up if he doesn't show up for this, if he goes, which i think he will then he will be a big loss for us, but playing for your country is a honour and can't see him turning this offer down.

PeterboroHibee
05-11-2014, 02:12 PM
Its good hes being considered at that level, and its a great opportunity for him. From a more selfish point of view, Id be slightly annoyed if he decided to go now though given that hes apparently rejected them previously to focus on club football. The games we have coming up are important and hes been on good form, so it would be a shame to lose him.

brog
05-11-2014, 02:14 PM
Can we not postpone these games as the The Rangers keep on doing?

Boyle89
05-11-2014, 02:17 PM
Can we not postpone these games as the The Rangers keep on doing?
This. If they can call off for 3 players missing with the squad they have we should call off for having our main scoring threat missing.

Turkish Green
05-11-2014, 02:57 PM
Fine words butter no parsnips.

Of course he'll go. He'll want to add Congolese International on his CV. Currently he only has France U19 caps.

Crazyhorse
05-11-2014, 03:52 PM
I have just seen the front page of the Evening News saying "Malonga facing Congo dilemma". I haven't managed to read the article but I am guessing he has been called-up and may be missing a game or two?

I'm assuming this means he will also be missing for a couple of weeks in January if Congo qualify (and it looks like they have a good chance).

erin go bragh
05-11-2014, 04:49 PM
Fine words butter no parsnips.

Of course he'll go. He'll want to add Congolese International on his CV. Currently he only has France U19 caps.

The artical says Conga have tried to call him up several times before , so its not a cert that he will go . Stay with the famous Hibs son , bang in 30 plus goals this season , then when France call you up ,, lol

Ggtth

macca70
05-11-2014, 05:04 PM
Brilliant for him to get International recognition but absolutely disastrous for us.

Are we going to get any breaks this season??!!

silverhibee
05-11-2014, 05:13 PM
The artical says Conga have tried to call him up several times before , so its not a cert that he will go . Stay with the famous Hibs son , bang in 30 plus goals this season , then when France call you up ,, lol

Ggtth

Was this not for Under 19s games, this is a full call up and can't see him turning that down, as someone said earlier it will look good on his CV for future moves.

I would go and play for my country, it's a honour, but if he does go he will be a big miss for us if it means he misses two matches for the Hibs.

Can his country force him to turn up for International football. ? I'm assuming yes.

Mathias Jack
05-11-2014, 05:27 PM
Obviously i'd be gutted if he went to play for Congo as it's a massive loss for us...massive being an understatement.

I've read the article, i'm glad the club aren't standing in his way. We've given him a platform to score goals and now a chance to get recognition at international level. Good luck Dominique if you accept the call up...

ancient hibee
05-11-2014, 05:58 PM
Was this not for Under 19s games, this is a full call up and can't see him turning that down, as someone said earlier it will look good on his CV for future moves.

I would go and play for my country, it's a honour, but if he does go he will be a big miss for us if it means he misses two matches for the Hibs.

Can his country force him to turn up for International football. ? I'm assuming yes.

They're not his country.He was born in France,qualifies for Congo courtesy of his parents and has never been to Africa.

IanM
05-11-2014, 06:46 PM
He'd miss QOS and Dumbarton

Heff and Cummings should have enough between them if we're as expected on the upward curve.

regardless, he's our player and if he turns out to be a gem then having the 'international' tag can only be a good thing for Hibs

VivaHiberņa
05-11-2014, 06:48 PM
They're not his country.He was born in France,qualifies for Congo courtesy of his parents and has never been to Africa.

He might well consider it his country, there's a good chance he was brought up to think of himself as Congolese.

Sir David Gray
05-11-2014, 07:07 PM
FFS.

Seriously, if we didn't have bad luck then we would have no luck at all.

Scouse Hibee
05-11-2014, 07:37 PM
FFS.

Seriously, if we didn't have bad luck then we would have no luck at all.

What? Lucky he's playing well for us, scoring goals and has been recognised for doing so you mean, that's not bad luck it's life as a footballer.

TheFamous1875
05-11-2014, 07:39 PM
It's nothing but testament to Malonga and to Hibs that he's got the call up but it's hardly ideal timing, is it? On one hand, we got him in for our injured #9 who's not expected to return any time soon and you could expect, due to the circumstances, he may feel obliged to turn Down the call up. But on the other hand, it isn't Malonga's fault that Hibs have a dearth of options at their disposal, so why should he/his career suffer due to years of neglect at the hands of those in charge of our club? That's not his prerogative.

A very tricky one. On a solely selfish vein, I would like him to turn it down, but if he were to take it I would have nothing against him at all and I support him and hope that his country did well.

Sir David Gray
05-11-2014, 07:45 PM
What? Lucky he's playing well for us, scoring goals and has been recognised for doing so you mean, that's not bad luck it's life as a footballer.

I'm happy for Malonga if it materialises but we're already without our main striker for the foreseeable future, due to a serious injury, and now our second striker looks like being away for a couple of weeks, just when things were beginning to look positive.

blackpoolhibs
05-11-2014, 10:15 PM
As we speak he's trying to find out if he has a republic of ireland grandad.

ancient hibee
05-11-2014, 10:41 PM
As we speak he's trying to find out if he has a republic of ireland grandad.

I don't suppose he once had a next door neighbour who nearly had a dirty weekend in Ardrossan-that should be good enough for Scotland.

FranckSuzy
05-11-2014, 10:51 PM
I don't suppose he once had a next door neighbour who nearly had a dirty weekend in Ardrossan-that should be good enough for Scotland.

:tee hee:

SMAXXA
06-11-2014, 07:08 AM

No they can't force him until such a point he has pledged his allegiances to them and has played a competitive match. At the moment I don't believe he has so he could still say he's holding out for France, as an example as no way that would happen btw.

NOLA
06-11-2014, 09:44 AM
Become an international player and see your next contract bumped up ;)

Turkish Green
06-11-2014, 10:58 AM
Become an international player and see your next contract bumped up ;)
So far Malonga has plied his trade with lower league clubs in France, Italy, Spain and now Scotland. I am sure his agent will have advised him of the level of club he could be playing for in the future once he has a full international cap.

PeterboroHibee
06-11-2014, 11:18 AM
I was reading about Congo after they announced Malonga's call up, and theres an interesting back story to their current campaign.

They were initially put out on penalties in the earlier rounds of qualification to Rwanda, but were then reinstated after it emerged Rwanda were playing an ineligible player, Daddy Birori. The reason he was ineligible is taken from the Guardian, below -

Rwanda striker Daddy Birori - banned for two years (http://allafrica.com/stories/201409190666.html) for being two people: playing as 27-year-old Birori for Rwanda, and 23-year-old Congolese wonderkid Etekiama Agiti Tady for AS Vita. The African Confederation said Rwanda, banned from the 2015 Cup of Nations, were “aware of this double life".

Wedge
06-11-2014, 11:41 AM
I was reading about Congo after they announced Malonga's call up, and theres an interesting back story to their current campaign.

They were initially put out on penalties in the earlier rounds of qualification to Rwanda, but were then reinstated after it emerged Rwanda were playing an ineligible player, Daddy Birori. The reason he was ineligible is taken from the Guardian, below -

Excellent, I hope he goes, we might get 2 players back.

blackpoolhibs
06-11-2014, 12:08 PM

It never stopped Andy Goram.

WeeRussell
06-11-2014, 12:14 PM
Away and do yourself and country proud Dom :agree:

Good luck when it comes and we'll see you when you're back :flag:

R11Loaded
06-11-2014, 02:11 PM

This all sounds very showumni

Class doesn't show on a maroon jersey

silverhibee
06-11-2014, 07:58 PM
Malonga relishing International call up.

Looks like he will be going to play for Congo.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29940298

Eyrie
06-11-2014, 08:00 PM
Whilst I'd prefer him to be playing for us, I'll wish him well in international football. Quite an achievement for someone who didn't even have a club a few weeks ago.

hibbymick
06-11-2014, 08:07 PM
I heard the other day he was having doubts about going, something to do with health problems across that side of the world. :wink:

CRAZYHIBBY
06-11-2014, 09:07 PM
Good luck to him i hope he goes......clubs will pay more money for an experienced international striker

Ronniekirk
07-11-2014, 09:14 AM
pleased for him , getting recognition but if he picked up an injury and them misses more than two games are we really that well covered The Heff hasn't been getting much game time so will struggle to last 90 minutes . That leaves Jake Sinclair and Lewis Allan neither of whom have any significant first team experience .
What would folks preferred option be given it wil be against teams who will defend in numbers and look to hit us on the break .
Harris Sinclair Stanton and Allan have all been scoring for under 20s of late

Billy Whizz
09-11-2014, 08:24 PM
Any idea when we'll hear if he's going or staying?

CallumLaidlaw
09-11-2014, 08:28 PM
I'm sure I read something earlier with quotes that he's going

Stuarty27
09-11-2014, 09:07 PM
I actually dont think he will be that big a miss tbh, espically against Queens.

At Palmerston there two big centre halfs had him in there back pocket but they are slow as a week in the jail. Replacing him with a bit of pace up front with either Harris or Kennedy starting.

Whatever Stubbsy does he should not bring back in Heffernan!

Other option is to bring back McGeough and move Handling up front which would be the easier option to get McGeough back into the starting 11 without upsetting anyone.

Ronniekirk
09-11-2014, 09:24 PM

At Palmerston there two big centre halfs had him in there back pocket but they are slow as a week in the jail. Replacing him with a bit of pace up front with either Harris or Kennedy starting.

Other option is to bring back McGeough and move Handling up front which would be the easier option to get McGeough back into the starting 11 without upsetting anyone.
According to Billy Whizz Mcgeoch s injury will keep him out the Queen of The South Game

Feed McGraw
09-11-2014, 09:46 PM

Other option is to bring back McGeough and move Handling up front which would be the easier option to get McGeough back into the starting 11 without upsetting anyone. McGeouch, if fit, will be back in the team regardless of what Malonga does.

Speedy
09-11-2014, 09:54 PM

They can't stop him. He can do what he likes.

They can however overrule Hibs if there's any dispute about who he's playing for at the weekend.

ancient hibee
09-11-2014, 10:52 PM
They can't stop him. He can do what he likes.

They can however overrule Hibs if there's any dispute about who he's playing for at the weekend.

Don't think they can otherwise every country would be able to stop any player who qualified for them from turning out for their club.In this case his strongest qualification is for France-so he doesn't have to go with Congo if he doesn't want to.

monktonharp
09-11-2014, 11:37 PM
think he will go to the congo. he does not seem to like the rain, if his performance yesterday is a guide

Billy Whizz
10-11-2014, 08:35 AM
According to Billy Whizz Mcgeoch s injury will keep him out the Queen of The South Game

Ronnie, Stuubs said on Hibsyoutube interview that McGeough was likely to be out around 10 days or so, but wanted to play on Saturday

Ronniekirk
10-11-2014, 06:52 PM
Ronnie, Stuubs said on Hibsyoutube interview that McGeough was likely to be out around 10 days or so, but wanted to play on Saturday
So at a push he might be fit for queen of the South ? Or will Subbs not take any risks and leave him out the full 10 Days Appreciate you don't have inside info Billy ,but what's your thinking on it

ancient hibee
10-11-2014, 07:13 PM
He won't play if there's the slightest risk.The club won't want a record of crocking other clubs players.

Squealing pig
10-11-2014, 10:19 PM
Gon away and get a heat in yoursel big man. Come back warmed up for the final push for promotion.