PDA

View Full Version : January replacements - ins and outs

Hibby Kay-Yay
05-11-2014, 08:11 AM
With the next window just weeks away we'll be going through some team changes again. It looks likely that Oxley will be away and potentially Kennedy although Stubbs is kern to extend his stay.

What are your thoughts on positions that need to be addressed? Keeping the momentum going is important, I hope our changes are minimal and not too disruptive to the team. A new keeper is a key position.

Farid due back in the new year too.

:gwa:

Pretty Boy
05-11-2014, 08:28 AM
Sinclair out which opens up an opportunity for another cross border loan.

Extend the deals for Oxley and Kennedy or new keeper if not possible.

Centre back as cover.

Striker as I think Farid will be back later rather than sooner.

NadeAteMyLunch!
05-11-2014, 08:47 AM

Centre back as cover.

A hat trick for Sinclair yesterday would suggest there's something there?

Diclonius
05-11-2014, 08:48 AM
Griffiths? :timebomb:

SaulGoodman
05-11-2014, 08:50 AM

**** Griffiths :duck:

HH81
05-11-2014, 08:53 AM
You would hope that Alan has already got plans in place and they will be sorted for the push to the play offs.

Thecat23
05-11-2014, 09:01 AM
From what I'm told Oxley will be here until the summer! Agreement with Hull already in place for him to see the season out.

Not heard anything else regarding the other loan deals though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PeterboroHibee
05-11-2014, 09:08 AM
It would make sense for all concerned if Oxley stayed. Hull have been unfortunate with injuries but Oxley wouldnt get a look in when they are all fit, and its more beneficial for him to remain first choice at a club for a whole season than being in the reserves.

In terms of signings we may need, if we arent going to promote one of the younger guys, I think another defender is essential (preferably someone who can play RB and CB). Apart from that, we are probably well covered. El Alagui will be back soon, we may see Sinclair at some point, and Im sure we are all looking for the likes of Stanton and Harris to step up and start putting in better performances.

Turkish Green
05-11-2014, 09:34 AM
I have an inkling it will be a 1-out / 1-in scenario. I doubt there are any coffers in the chest to add to the squad without a player leaving.

HH81
05-11-2014, 09:39 AM
I have an inkling it will be a 1-out / 1-in scenario. I doubt there are any coffers in the chest to add to the squad without a player leaving.

I keep reading there is no money in the pot, how can this be? Fans are paying premier prices and they will be paying championship wages so where is the money going?

marinello59
05-11-2014, 09:41 AM
I keep reading there is no money in the pot, how can this be? Fans are paying premier prices and they will be paying championship wages so where is the money going?

1. Crowds are down so less income
2. How do you know we are paying championship wages?

NorthNorfolkHFC
05-11-2014, 09:45 AM
I'd like us to sign another LB, possibly one who can play CH as well and cover there.

Lewis is doing great, he gets in great positions and has supplied some good crosses that have led to goals but on most occasions his crosses dont get over the first man. His clearances are often poor and i genuinely think he lacks the strength to kick the ball long. That said he's flourished in this team and long may it continue.

Maybe a 'hard' midfielder who will protect but Robbo is doing that.

HH81
05-11-2014, 09:46 AM

1. How much are crowds down by? Not conviced the average is that much difference?

2. Were in a lower league so you would think we would be paying lower wages? If not is this not mis management from the club? Yes we will be paying more than most of the part time clubs but less than Hearts and Rangers.

CallumLaidlaw
05-11-2014, 09:47 AM
Heff and Craig out. Striker and hard DM in.

Billy Whizz
05-11-2014, 09:49 AM
From what I'm told Oxley will be here until the summer! Agreement with Hull already in place for him to see the season out.

Not heard anything else regarding the other loan deals though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Think we need another goalie anyway, not got much back up

jdships
05-11-2014, 10:31 AM

:agree:
All supposition surely ?

scoopyboy
05-11-2014, 11:11 AM

Centre back as cover.

Is he not a full season loan?

WeeRussell
05-11-2014, 11:31 AM
1. How much are crowds down by? Not conviced the average is that much difference?

2. Were in a lower league so you would think we would be paying lower wages? If not is this not mis management from the club? Yes we will be paying more than most of the part time clubs but less than Hearts and Rangers.

Either way you're going to complain then? Either not happy that there isn't money to be spent on decent quality signings... or equally unhappy because we shouldn't be spending on wages for said quality signings. :rolleyes:

BS44
05-11-2014, 11:42 AM
Malonga might be off to Africa for a month if Congo qualify for the cup of nations.

Hermit Crab
05-11-2014, 12:04 PM
I would hope Stubbs has his eye on a new keeper to sign in the summer as I can't see us getting ox on a permanent deal.

Newry Hibs
05-11-2014, 12:06 PM

Hopefully there is the £150,000 it takes to finally clinch the Griffiths deal.

Billy Whizz
05-11-2014, 12:09 PM
Malonga might be off to Africa for a month if Congo qualify for the cup of nations.

Does he play for them?
They've got a game next week, if he's called up for them he wouldn't be able to play against Queens

Haymaker
05-11-2014, 12:12 PM

Wasn't everyone told to take a pay cut after relegation?

marti1875
05-11-2014, 12:28 PM
Does he play for them?
They've got a game next week, if he's called up for them he wouldn't be able to play against Queens

Hibs have left it entirely up to him if he goes or stays. He's been asked/invited a few times now he says but always declined to stay and help his club as it would have meant him missing a game or games.

This time again, he's in the same situation and that the decision is entirely his. If he goes it means missing the Q.O.S game but also a possibility he could maybe miss the Dumbarton game too due to the travelling etc.

The_Horde
05-11-2014, 01:19 PM
I'd like us to sign another LB, possibly one who can play CH as well and cover there.

Lewis is doing great, he gets in great positions and has supplied some good crosses that have led to goals but on most occasions his crosses dont get over the first man. His clearances are often poor and i genuinely think he lacks the strength to kick the ball long. That said he's flourished in this team and long may it continue.

Maybe a 'hard' midfielder who will protect but Robbo is doing that.

There's an idea take out our top assister for a big lump who can kick the ball far..

MWHIBBIES
05-11-2014, 01:49 PM
Cover for right back and centre half. One injury there and we are down to the bare bones.

PeterboroHibee
05-11-2014, 01:52 PM
There's an idea take out our top assister for a big lump who can kick the ball far..

Indeed. Stevenson has been one of our best players this season, offers a threat going forward (supported by the number of assists, which should be even higher) and is now a vital part of the team. As with every single player in the squad, if theres a better option available then Im all for it, but its hardly a priority position (particularly with Booth as back up!).

Cover for right back and centre half. One injury there and we are down to the bare bones.

With Forster injured, we already are. If Gray or one of the CBs gets injured, we are looking at Stevenson or Booth playing there. Its not ideal.

scoopyboy
05-11-2014, 01:54 PM
Wasn't everyone told to take a pay cut after relegation?

Yes but thankfully employees of companies don't have to agree to it.

Haymaker
05-11-2014, 01:59 PM
Yes but thankfully employees of companies don't have to agree to it.

IIRC wasn't it written in some players contracts and not in others?

Turkish Green
05-11-2014, 02:03 PM
Hopefully there is the £150,000 it takes to finally clinch the Griffiths deal.
Come the January window and should Hibs be within shouting distance of the Hun brothers then I hope the club pulls out all the stops to strengthen the squad.

scoopyboy
05-11-2014, 02:48 PM
IIRC wasn't it written in some players contracts and not in others?

A few of the younger ones who had recently signed their contracts with relegation clause inserted.

Agents either didn't think we would go down or had slipped up badly.

Haymaker
05-11-2014, 02:49 PM
A few of the younger ones who had recently signed their contracts with relegation clause inserted.

Agents either didn't think we would go down or had slipped up badly.

:aok:

heretoday
05-11-2014, 03:16 PM
I would hang on to what we have frankly, even Heff. If there is any money in the war chest get another defender. The important thing is team spirit with Alan and his squad going forward as a unit which they show every sign of doing.

silverhibee
05-11-2014, 03:48 PM

Celtc minded now.

SaulGoodman
05-11-2014, 03:51 PM
Come the January window and should Hibs be within shouting distance of the Hun brothers then I hope the club pulls out all the stops to strengthen the squad.

He's made it clear who he wants to play for. He's not coming.

Kato
05-11-2014, 04:01 PM

Centre back as cover.

Second hand info here but someone told me they saw Farid sans crutches earlier in this week. Might be back sooner rather than later. :wink:

CRAZYHIBBY
05-11-2014, 04:15 PM

Tic badge kissing weasel

Scouse Hibee
05-11-2014, 05:41 PM
Second hand info here but someone told me they saw Farid sans crutches earlier in this week. Might be back sooner rather than later. :wink:

Saw Farid coming down the stairs at the main reception after the Dundee Utd game he wasn't using crutches.

Kato
05-11-2014, 05:54 PM
Saw Farid coming down the stairs at the main reception after the Dundee Utd game he wasn't using crutches.

The surgeon involved did say the method was revolutionary. Hope he's back soon without being rushed.

Northernhibee
05-11-2014, 08:18 PM

TBH something just screams to me that bringing back Sparky would be a mistake. It's got all the hallmarks of Deek again - both us and Sparky need to shake hands, thank each other and move forwards.

I can't even put my finger on it, I just think we'd be better exploring other options and I'm not even sure why. Gut feeling.

Green Fish
05-11-2014, 08:23 PM
TBH something just screams to me that bringing back Sparky would be a mistake. It's got all the hallmarks of Deek again - both us and Sparky need to shake hands, thank each other and move forwards.

I can't even put my finger on it, I just think we'd be better exploring other options and I'm not even sure why. Gut feeling.

The pressure on him would be immense, we would expect him just to carry on as when he left us. A big ask

NorthNorfolkHFC
05-11-2014, 08:30 PM

Clearly not read my post. Read it properly and then reply.

I was a bit bored so I dismantled my Corby Trouser Press. I can't put it back together again.

Sir David Gray
05-11-2014, 08:43 PM
People really need to get the Leigh Griffiths ideas out of their mind.

It's not going to happen.

Northernhibee
05-11-2014, 09:02 PM
The pressure on him would be immense, we would expect him just to carry on as when he left us. A big ask

This, plus the whole Skacel song thing, the comments about Cummings, some of the stories about him, how he's been sat on the bench at Celtic, how he lasted half a season when he's back at Wolves - he's an immensely, immensely talented finisher but I wonder if he's in danger or has become damaged goods.

I'd rather we trusted Stubbsy to unearth another gem.

Sir David Gray
05-11-2014, 09:10 PM
This, plus the whole Skacel song thing, the comments about Cummings, some of the stories about him, how he's been sat on the bench at Celtic, how he lasted half a season when he's back at Wolves - he's an immensely, immensely talented finisher but I wonder if he's in danger or has become damaged goods.

I'd rather we trusted Stubbsy to unearth another gem.

We knew what he was like when he was with us last time. He's always been a bit of a rough diamond and that's not really changed since he left us.

Griffiths would be a fantastic addition to our team and I would have him back in a heartbeat.

As I said earlier though, I can't see it happening.

SteveHFC
05-11-2014, 09:21 PM
I'll be reopening the Griffiths gif thread in Januray. ;)

Haymaker
05-11-2014, 09:35 PM

Yas!

Unseen work
05-11-2014, 10:00 PM
Ins
Kennedy - extend
Oxley - extend/sign permanent
Defensive midfielder
Striker
Full back

Out
Craig
Heffernan
Lewis Allan - loan
Booth

hibees 7062
05-11-2014, 10:04 PM

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTzWji2D7bq4bzwPP7r1c0fFJOVjK87v ttACLxq7WqS4nOzZRpTvQ

Johnny_Leith
05-11-2014, 10:15 PM
See Nicky Riley has been released from Dundee, would take him decent direct player and a hibby

Squealing pig
05-11-2014, 10:30 PM
Would love us to sign a keeper we could call our own. Think ox is ok nothing special. Trust stubbys 110% in his decision on this matter.

Obviously need cover at the back. And big farid to have a speedy recovery and keep Jason Cummings as an impact player.

SteveHFC
05-11-2014, 11:07 PM
Yas!

That thread will be continued for every transfer window from now on until he finally returns home :hyper:

Hibernia&Alba
05-11-2014, 11:14 PM
That thread will be continued for every transfer window from now on until he finally returns home :hyper:

Where's the give of the eagle/owl in shock?

Haymaker
05-11-2014, 11:15 PM

Damn right.

SteveHFC
05-11-2014, 11:18 PM
Where's the give of the eagle/owl in shock?

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/OMG-bird.gif

Hibernia&Alba
05-11-2014, 11:25 PM
Ha ha, that's the fella. My favourite :-D

The_Horde
05-11-2014, 11:35 PM
Clearly not read my post. Read it properly and then reply.

I was a bit bored so I dismantled my Corby Trouser Press. I can't put it back together again.

Sorry I must've misread the part where you said we need a new left back because his clearances aren't big enough and his crossing is weak.

I know a tall, left footed Northern Irish defender with peroxide blonde hair who ticks all the boxes you ask for..

whiskyhibby
08-11-2014, 12:30 PM
Indeed. Stevenson has been one of our best players this season, offers a threat going forward (supported by the number of assists, which should be even higher) and is now a vital part of the team. As with every single player in the squad, if theres a better option available then Im all for it, but its hardly a priority position (particularly with Booth as back up!).

With Forster injured, we already are. If Gray or one of the CBs gets injured, we are looking at Stevenson or Booth playing there. Its not ideal.

Completely agree Stevenson has been a revelation this season and surely one of the first on the team sheet if fit!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

emerald green
08-11-2014, 03:02 PM
Jordon Forster & Farid coming back (once fully fit - don't rush them back) will strengthen the squad. Need cover at right back for Gray and another experience goalkeeper as cover for Oxley.

ekhibee
08-11-2014, 03:54 PM
I might be in a minority but I'm not at all convinced by Oxley, but we have had worse. I suppose we'll have to stick with him in any case, can't believe Stubbs'll have much to spend in January.