PDA

View Full Version : Rod Petrie - Now The Dust Has Settled A Bit......

Mikey
04-11-2014, 09:10 PM
We're five months down the line from that day in May and on the face of it things seem to have moved on. The new CEO has made a number of changes and the new backroom team at East Mains is beginning to make progress. Performances have definitely improved, even if we're not quite seeing the results we want yet.

So the question is a simple Yes or No. Should Rod Petrie remain on the board?

The last poll on the subject, which was run at the end of May, showed around 85% in favour of him leaving. It'll be interesting to see if that's changed in any way. You can see that poll here........

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?284895-Do-you-agree-with-the-Hibs-net-Admin-Team-s-stance-re-the-removal-of-Rod-Petrie

As for me, I still stand by what was said here........

http://www.hibs.net/content.php?392-hibs-net-response-to-the-club-s-statement-of-29th-May

We all had a right good chuckle when Vladimir Romanov emptied George Burley on the basis that he was "damaging the club every day", but it would be difficult to argue that this isn't exactly what's happening here. If he genuinely has the best interest of the club at heart he'll remove himself from the board ahead of the half season tickets launch and join STF on the back burner, only making himself available when needed.

Mikey
04-11-2014, 09:15 PM
Just to add, if you have an opinion on this then please take a moment to vote. The more votes that are registered the more relevant the poll.

marinello59
04-11-2014, 09:17 PM
Nothing has changed as regards his presence at the club.
He should go.

Nando™
04-11-2014, 09:21 PM
Petrie Out.

There will be people that will never believe a word that comes out of the club or come to games until he is gone. We need these people, so get him to **** sooner rather than later.

Hibernia&Alba
04-11-2014, 09:23 PM
Now the dust has settled bit, Petrie should still **** off.

Sir David Gray
04-11-2014, 09:23 PM
My feelings haven't changed at all.

Someone who has been in charge of an organisation which has experienced the sort of decline that has been seen at Hibs over the last four or five years would normally lose their job in any other business.

I don't see how the CEO of a company, which has performed as badly as we have, could seriously think that they can continue in their role.

The fact that there are signs of recovery right now are largely irrelevant as far as this discussion is concerned, in my opinion.

Waxy
04-11-2014, 09:29 PM
He has to go. If one or two thousand fans are staying away through him, how much is it costing the club?

Hibernia&Alba
04-11-2014, 09:32 PM
There's one vote thus far for him to remain. Good evening, Rodders. It's nice of you to join us.

Pretty Boy
04-11-2014, 09:35 PM
He has to go.

As long as he remains a decent number of fans, probably a majority, will not fully buy into the new regime.

Jonnyboy
04-11-2014, 09:48 PM
He has to go. If one or two thousand fans are staying away through him, how much is it costing the club?

If he goes I'd be stunned if one or two thousand fans suddenly started to attend again!

NAE NOOKIE
04-11-2014, 09:50 PM
Nothings changed for me ....... Hibs will move on properly when he has gone.

SteveHFC
04-11-2014, 09:51 PM
Nothing has changed for me.

He has to go.

hibee-boys
04-11-2014, 09:51 PM
I'll support the club no matter who may or may not ne in charge. I know many fellow hibees who don't share my views and refuse to attend whilst he's still there, I don't blame them. We are just beginning to turn the corner following some encouraging results/performances however I can't see us totally moving on whilst he continues to haunt the corridors of Easter Road. To cut a long story short.....f*** off Rodd!!

ekhibee
04-11-2014, 09:52 PM
Yep, he's still got to go IMO, but it ain't gonna happen soon, that's for sure.

Dashing Bob S
04-11-2014, 10:00 PM
Petrie's problem is that if he isn't at the helm on footballing matters, as he claims, he's doing nothing now but drawing a wage, having zilch to do with our revival. He should go. We can just about handle an absentee owner, but a chairman in a tier above a CEO - what's the point? Anyway, I'm delighted with Dempster and Stubbs and resent giving any more energy out thinking about the Tache, which I suspect is what he wants, but it's where I'm at.

blackpoolhibs
04-11-2014, 10:02 PM
Petrie Petrie GTF Petrie GTF.

The Modfather
04-11-2014, 10:04 PM
What value does he bring in still being here?

Egotistical, self interested tosser who is only still here to suit his own, SFA, ends.

Golden Bear
04-11-2014, 10:07 PM
As long as performances on the park continue to improve then quite frankly I ain'too fussed over what is happening in the boardroom.
Better the devil you know does have some merit.

hibee-boys
04-11-2014, 10:09 PM

Egotistical, self interested tosser who is only still here to suit his own, SFA, ends.

I've been lucky enough to enjoy hospitality a couple of times this year and on both occasions he was wandering around the 1875 restaurant in the vain attempt of striking up a conversation with a table or two. His presence put me off my main course!:)

AlbertK86
04-11-2014, 10:16 PM
Has to go

Leith Mo
04-11-2014, 10:16 PM
I think he should reverse Movember and shave his tache for charity before his long overdue departure. He must go or many like me will not return whilst he remains.

Booked4Being-Ugly
04-11-2014, 10:18 PM
The club will never move forward whilst he's still involved and can still GTF as far as I'm concerned.

Wilson
04-11-2014, 10:20 PM

I'm assuming it is not just his own ends. Surely there must be some benefit to STF having the man representing his interests at the club he owns also being a leading voice within the SFA? I imagine as a club we would also want that. Someone from our board being in the loop rather than our being on the outside looking in.

If that is why he is still here then we have to let it go right? He is STF's man and will be around as long as STF needs him to be. As long as STF owns the club presumably.

Im happy enough that the running of the football side of things has been passed over to LD. I believe that we are turning the corner with Stubbs as head coach. I feel that we are still on the razors edge though and all we can do to get past that is follow up positive results with more positive results.

Results more than anything will get fans believing again.

lucky
04-11-2014, 10:21 PM
He's still got to go

The Gorf
04-11-2014, 10:25 PM
I think he should reverse Movember and shave his tache for charity before his long overdue departure. He must go or many like me will not return whilst he remains.
He's saving that for Fanyuary.

smurf
04-11-2014, 10:32 PM
He has shown incredible arrogance to sit tight. He accepts no responsibility whatsoever obviously for our years of decline on his watch. The quicker he leaves our club the better.

Eyrie
04-11-2014, 10:59 PM
It's important to recognise that Petrie deserves a lot of credit for both the infrastructure and the solid financial backing that he has given managers without jeopardising the club's financial stability.

Once that is acknowledged, it is appropriate to then look at the succession of poor managerial appointments culminating in the single-minded pursuit of Butcher which resulted in our relegation last year, and the mounting cost of repeatedly sacking those managers whilst replacing the dud players that they signed. It is also worth noting that under Petrie the football structure has deteriorated to such an extent that the new chief executive has had to rebuild from scratch.

On balance, there is only one possible conclusion which is that the conduit must go.

Kato
04-11-2014, 11:00 PM
Sad thing is, the dust has settled and he's still here using up our valuable dust.

Oot.

Ronniekirk
04-11-2014, 11:09 PM
He will never make me stop going ,but I really want him to GTF ,but understand he is going nowhere until Farmer agrees an exit Strategy ,.as they are like Simese Twins ,hard to separate

matty_f
04-11-2014, 11:40 PM
Has to go.

Cameron1875
05-11-2014, 02:13 AM
No doubt about it, he has to go.

Wakeyhibee
05-11-2014, 02:23 AM
Has to go, the sooner the better for me

Big_Franck
05-11-2014, 06:28 AM
He should leave as there are a good number of fans who won't trust the board until he has gone. I'm one of them and while I like Dempster and hope she can make real change I think she will be hampered by Rod's presence. It doesn't matter how many times some people try to convince me otherwise, I just don't believe it.

I had a season ticket last year and Rod's continued presence was one of the main reasons for me not renewing. Should he leave i'd get a half season ticket.

Gatecrasher
05-11-2014, 07:05 AM
He splits the support too much which will damage the club, he has to go.

Phil D. Rolls
05-11-2014, 07:09 AM
If Petrie goes, I'll miss the mangled analogies citing what would be expected from the CEO of a successful business. In particular, I fear I might never ever see the words "if I did that at my work " or "we pay his wages", or "it's hardly family friendly".

In short, if Rod goes, does it mean all the angry people will leave with him?

3pm
05-11-2014, 07:40 AM
Has to go.

PeeJay
05-11-2014, 07:54 AM
We've had lots of bad players, bad managers, bad results, bad performances - and we have achieved next to nothing: the one constant through all this time has been Petrie, seems obvious to me that he should leave ... where not going anywhere as a club as long as he stays IMO...

BT58
05-11-2014, 08:26 AM
RP should have been ousted months ago
His dealings with past managers have put us where we are at the moment
RP GTF

Mikey
05-11-2014, 08:36 AM
279 registered users have viewed this thread and 108 have voted. C'mon folks, get clicking :greengrin

Bill Milne
05-11-2014, 08:48 AM
There have been too many hints at money leaving ER to line STF's pockets lately ie East Mains, ticket office, which should have been retained by the club. I don't know how true these allegations are but, if true, Petrie must be seen as culpable given his front up role for said owner and would have to go.

greenginger
05-11-2014, 09:00 AM
There have been too many hints at money leaving ER to line STF's pockets lately ie East Mains, ticket office, which should have been retained by the club. I don't know how true these allegations are but, if true, Petrie must be seen as culpable given his front up role for said owner and would have to go.

There are many good reasons to give why Petrie should leave the Hibs Board.

Unfounded, unexplained allegations by a bunch of *****-stirrers is not one of them.

BT58
05-11-2014, 09:00 AM
Mikey. I take it you cannot vote via mobile fone ????

Bill Milne
05-11-2014, 09:07 AM
There are many good reasons to give why Petrie should leave the Hibs Board.

Unfounded, unexplained allegations by a bunch of *****-stirrers is not one of them.

Nonetheless, money being paid out by the club for no reason would be detrimental to the health of the club. I reiterate that I have no inside knowledge of the truth of the allegations, made mainly by HoH, but they would, if true, be a powerful reason for getting rid of Petrie. Obviously, I would welcome proof from HoH of these allegations.

CropleyWasGod
05-11-2014, 09:16 AM

Why should the money for the ticket office be retained by the club? It's owned by the holding company, and Hibs pay rent for it.

marinello59
05-11-2014, 09:16 AM
Nonetheless, money being paid out by the club for no reason would be detrimental to the health of the club. I reiterate that I have no inside knowledge of the truth of the allegations, made mainly by HoH, but they would, if true, be a powerful reason for getting rid of Petrie. Obviously, I would welcome proof from HoH of these allegations.

Perhaps we should all invent stuff and say if it's true Petrie should go. There's plenty of good reasons why he shouldn't be there so why the need to invent hypothetical reasons? It helps nobody.
HoH have nothing or they would have published the evidence by now.

greenginger
05-11-2014, 09:18 AM

If half of what HoH claim was true, I think Petrie would be looking at jail time rather than simply removal from the Board. :greengrin

s.a.m
05-11-2014, 09:24 AM

If money is being paid out to individuals and which is not recorded in the accounts (which are available for all to see, and linked on here somewhere) then they and you are presumably alleging that offences are being committed. If they have proof that that is the case, then they should be passing it on to the authorities. If not, then they are on dangerous ground legally and morally. Like GG above, I think there are good reasons to object to Rod Petrie continuing in his role, but this "we know something but we're no telling you but they're at it" stuff is doing my head in.

CropleyWasGod
If half of what HoH claim was true, I think Petrie would be looking at jail time rather than simply removal from the Board. :greengrin

Indeed, and the auditors would have squeaky bums as well. :greengrin

HIBERNIAN-0762
Petrie (and Farmer) still out for me, no change.

Hibs90
05-11-2014, 09:25 AM
Has to go still

HIBERNIAN-0762
05-11-2014, 09:27 AM
279 registered users have viewed this thread and 108 have voted. C'mon folks, get clicking :greengrin

Most of them yam7 I would have thought Mikey given their obsession with us these days.

Dave-O
05-11-2014, 09:42 AM
Has to go, but he wont, you'll never meet a more brass necked p**** than the conduit. :agree:

Diclonius
05-11-2014, 09:48 AM
Any positive results right now are in spite of Petrie, not because of him. He can still go.

Carheenlea
05-11-2014, 10:07 AM
The progress on the pitch is the main concern for me, and so far the signs are positive that we are heading in the right direction. Honestly not too bothered whether Petrie is in the boardroom or not provided the progress made on the pitch continues and I leave Easter Road every other week entertained.

DarlingtonHibee
05-11-2014, 10:43 AM

They (whatever the allegations are) are not true - get over it.

jacomo
05-11-2014, 10:46 AM

Either put up or shut up. No one has any business starting or repeating unfounded rumours.

FranckSuzy
05-11-2014, 10:51 AM
To me, the fact that person at the helm is damaging the brand means that they have to go. This is not specific to football, it's just business.

H18S NX
05-11-2014, 10:57 AM
There is no two ways about it,he has to go,and as soon as possible for me.Oot Now.Begone.

jacomo
05-11-2014, 11:46 AM
STF has been a good custodian of this club and as long as he remains then it seems Petrie is his chosen man to represent his interests.

However, it's really hard to see what he adds to the club now. Rod has been unsentimental about binning people when he felt their time was up - now it's his time to go.

Deansy
05-11-2014, 12:33 PM
As long as he and the board (LD excepted) remain, the main-focus at ER will always be 'Balancing the books' - this MUST be replaced with a 'Winning - the only thing that matters' belief!!

MrSmith
05-11-2014, 12:35 PM
Devils advocate point, what exactly and where is the evidence hidden that proves beyond doubt Petrie is hurting hibs? I sometimes feel a lot of this anger is based upon hearsay and assumptions, thoughts??

Things on the pitch have been dire for a while but surely all candidates relating to managers and players have come through agents and by professional means while being confirmed as suitable by the entire board not just one person?

Keith_M
05-11-2014, 12:37 PM
If Petrie does leave, it'll be interesting to see what the attendance is for the next Home game following his departure. If you believed some of the claims on here, there must be about 5,000 people just ready to attend as soon as he leaves the premises.

As much as I want Petrie to leave, I'd be surprised if we see any difference in Attendance.

southsider
05-11-2014, 12:41 PM
As long as he and the board (LD excepted) remain, the main-focus at ER will always be 'Balancing the books' - this MUST be replaced with a 'Winning - the only thing that matters' belief!!

Except he has failed to do just that. The forthcoming accounts will show we are almost £10 million in debt and are in a lower league. In any other business he would be forced to stand down. (apart from rbs etc where he would get a bonus !)

CropleyWasGod
05-11-2014, 12:45 PM
Except he has failed to do just that. The forthcoming accounts will show we are almost £10 million in debt and are in a lower league. In any other business he would be forced to stand down. (apart from rbs etc where he would get a bonus !)

... that's 25% higher than the HoH claim. :greengrin

Have you seen the accounts?

FranckSuzy
05-11-2014, 12:49 PM
Devils advocate point, what exactly and where is the evidence hidden that proves beyond doubt Petrie is hurting hibs? I sometimes feel a lot of this anger is based upon hearsay and assumptions, thoughts??

Things on the pitch have been dire for a while but surely all candidates relating to managers and players have come through agents and by professional means while being confirmed as suitable by the entire board not just one person?

1) Crowds are down and one of the reasons given for non-attenders is due to RP still being at the helm, as they see him (and STF to an extent) as the one constant in our downfall.

2) There is no evidence (that I know of) to back this up but various ITK posters have strongly hinted at RP reneging on deals being offered to potential signings, interfering with contracts and generally being known as a 'tight wad'.

Just MHO :cb

southsider
05-11-2014, 12:54 PM
No, not yet but I believe our borrowing facility has been called in. That and other factors lead me to believe that the info could well be about right. Also been told that STF has made 2 loans to the club in recent months.

Carheenlea
05-11-2014, 12:58 PM
1) Crowds are down and one of the reasons given for non-attenders is due to RP still being at the helm, as they see him (and STF to an extent) as the one constant in our downfall.

If Rod Petrie left tomorrow there would be no difference to our home crowd whatsoever. Would give folk over a week to find another excuse not to support the team though..

CropleyWasGod
05-11-2014, 01:05 PM
No, not yet but I believe our borrowing facility has been called in. That and other factors lead me to believe that the info could well be about right. Also been told that STF has made 2 loans to the club in recent months.

By that, do you mean the overdraft facility? If so, that's not such a big deal as, according to the last AGM, we don't use it.

DarlingtonHibee
05-11-2014, 01:18 PM

Can you post evidence of these claims ?

DarlingtonHibee
05-11-2014, 01:20 PM
If Rod Petrie left tomorrow there would be no difference to our home crowd whatsoever. Would give folk over a week to find another excuse not to support the team though..

This

AndyM_1875
05-11-2014, 01:27 PM
By that, do you mean the overdraft facility? If so, that's not such a big deal as, according to the last AGM, we don't use it.

Hibs don't have an overdraft with a bank.
Our bank of last resort is Tom Farmer and money was borrowed from him to sign Malonga.

We slashed our squad back in the summer so I'm far from convinced by this '10m in debt' chat as our cloth was cut accordingly.

Golden Bear
05-11-2014, 01:27 PM

:agree:

A winning and entertaining team will bring the crowds back and the thought that the "Petrie factor" is having a dramatic and adverse effect on attendances is in my opinion, a Hibs Net myth.

southsider
05-11-2014, 01:29 PM
In my experience nearly all companies need an overdraft/borrowing facility. One company/team supplies goods/services/tickets to another for a game on April 1st. Under normal business rules the away team will be due to pay for the tickets on May 30th. That's 60 days without being paid. Some will, however, delay another week or two until late payment fee's are due to kick in. So, a borrowing facility is a fact of life if a large cash balance is not available.

CropleyWasGod
05-11-2014, 01:31 PM
Our bank of last resort is Tom Farmer and money was borrowed from him to sign Malonga.

We slashed our squad back in the summer so I'm far from convinced by this '10m in debt' chat as our cloth was cut accordingly.

Thanks for clarifying.

RP did say that we don't have/use an overdraft. I took that to mean that we have the facility, if required, but don't use it.

The bit in bold... is that common knowledge?

DarlingtonHibee
05-11-2014, 01:31 PM
Can you post evidence of these claims ?

Evidence ?

CropleyWasGod
05-11-2014, 01:32 PM
In my experience nearly all companies need an overdraft/borrowing facility. One company/team supplies goods/services/tickets to another for a game on April 1st. Under normal business rules the away team will be due to pay for the tickets on May 30th. That's 60 days without being paid. Some will, however, delay another week or two until late payment fee's are due to kick in. So, a borrowing facility is a fact of life if a large cash balance is not available.

My experience is different. :greengrin

However, I am quoting what RP told last year's AGM.

AndyM_1875
05-11-2014, 01:40 PM
Thanks for clarifying.

RP did say that we don't have/use an overdraft. I took that to mean that we have the facility, if required, but don't use it.

The bit in bold... is that common knowledge?

It is now!

Peevemor
05-11-2014, 02:25 PM

But the club's financial year ends just after "the cloth was cut". Last season our outgoings would have been pretty much the same as the previous years, the difference being that there was no SC final income or indeed any cup runs worth speaking about.

I suspect Hibs will announce a loss for the year/season 2013/14 and given that our debt was already at around £8m, it wouldn't be a huge surprise to see debt of £9-10m.

Obviously I'll be delighted if I'm wrong.

CropleyWasGod
05-11-2014, 02:27 PM
But the club's financial year ends just after "the cloth was cut". Last season our outgoings would have been pretty much the same as the previous years, the difference being that there was no SC final income or indeed any cup runs worth speaking about.

I suspect Hibs will announce a loss for the year/season 2013/14 and given that our debt was already at around £8m, it wouldn't be a huge surprise to see debt of £9-10m.

Obviously I'll be delighted if I'm wrong.

Bank debt was £6.5m.

Peevemor
05-11-2014, 02:34 PM
Bank debt was £6.5m.

Was that everything - mortgages, etc.? If so then my guesstimate can be adjusted accordingly. One things for sure is that cash in hand will have plummeted in comparison with previous years.

CropleyWasGod
05-11-2014, 02:37 PM
Was that everything - mortgages, etc.? If so then my guesstimate can be adjusted accordingly. One things for sure is that cash in hand will have plummeted in comparison with previous years.

Yep.

The £8m includes a so-called "soft loan" from the parent company of £1.5m.

grunt
05-11-2014, 02:40 PM

Tell us more about this. What "borrowing facility" has been called in? What "other factors" are you talking about?

I don't have last year's accounts handy, but IIRC our main mortgage debt was secured and is repayable in a manageable fashion. This panic "ooh we're in debt" does nobody any favours. We have debt and as at last year, it was manageable. If STF has indeed made loans to the club that just reinforces the valuable role he plays.

Peevemor
05-11-2014, 02:42 PM
Yep.

The £8m includes a so-called "soft loan" from the parent company of £1.5m.

So in realilty our debts (hard and soft :greengrin) were around £8m?

Onion
05-11-2014, 02:44 PM
5 months on and his unpopularity has grown from 85% to 87%. He'll see that as progress :cb

grunt
05-11-2014, 02:44 PM
In my experience nearly all companies need an overdraft/borrowing facility.

Football clubs are different to "all companies" in one significant way - a number of their supporters pay up front for their seasons entertainment. This allows clubs to have some degree of control over their cash flow, if they are careful.

silverhibee
05-11-2014, 03:15 PM
Perhaps we should all invent stuff and say if it's true Petrie should go. There's plenty of good reasons why he shouldn't be there so why the need to invent hypothetical reasons? It helps nobody.
HoH have nothing or they would have published the evidence by now.

But they ain't going away and they will keep this campaign up and keep handing out the flyers at games and the protests at Farmers business's and what ever comes next from them in the coming weeks, but the longer it goes on without a reply from Hibs will only help HOH campaign, fans will start to wonder why Hibs/Farmer are not responding to the allegations being made by this group, more unrest from fans, there stunt at Farmer autocares got plenty of publicity from the papers/media last week and a lot of folk who read papers really believe what is being said if it is printed in a newspaper, "Hibees ramp up the pressure on Farmer" "Hibbies vent Farmer fury" were some of the headlines last week in the papers, folk will start to assume that Farmer is the baddie in all of this, Hibs could put it all to bed with a statement refuting the allegations being made by HOH.

After reading the papers i can only assume Petrie & Farmer are making a fortune out of Hibs. :wink: :greengrin

CropleyWasGod
05-11-2014, 03:21 PM

But they ain't going away and they will keep this campaign up and keep handing out the flyers at games and the protests at Farmers business's and what ever comes next from them in the coming weeks, but the longer it goes on without a reply from Hibs will only help HOH campaign, fans will start to wonder why Hibs/Farmer are not responding to the allegations being made by this group, more unrest from fans, there stunt at Farmer autocares got plenty of publicity from the papers/media last week and a lot of folk who read papers really believe what is being said if it is printed in a newspaper, "Hibees ramp up the pressure on Farmer" "Hibbies vent Farmer fury" were some of the headlines last week in the papers, folk will start to assume that Farmer is the baddie in all of this, Hibs could put it all to bed with a statement refuting the allegations being made by HOH.

After reading the papers i can only assume Petrie & Farmer are making a fortune out of Hibs. :wink: :greengrin

Part of me says "sod 'em. The information to enable the allegations to be refuted.... East Mains, the ticket office, the directors... is already in the public domain. We don't need to respond".

However, as has been said, not everybody knows that, and not everybody has the facility to check it out.

Someone I know, though, will be asking such questions at the AGM, if it happens, for no other reason than to get a public response from the Board.

hibees 7062
05-11-2014, 03:26 PM
Oot

silverhibee
05-11-2014, 03:36 PM

He can't help but get himself involved in things that he has gave the responsibility to other people to do, ie Hyland and Lyndsay, Fenlon was never there first choice, O'Neill was.

And just when we were told Petrie was taking a back seat there he is parading Fenlon in the main stand as our new manager, saying, "Put simply, Pat Fenlon is a winner" :rolleyes: with Hyland and Lyndsay no where to be seen.

Turkish Green
05-11-2014, 03:36 PM

Much as I wish that Petrie was gone, if the choice is between STF and HOH then A prefer the de'il A ken raither than the de'il A dinnae.

silverhibee
05-11-2014, 03:39 PM

I reckon the crowd would go up by a extra 1000 fans.

silverhibee
05-11-2014, 03:47 PM
My experience is different. :greengrin

However, I am quoting what RP told last year's AGM.

Do you think a AGM will take place this year,? and if not what would be the reason for not holding one.

I no nothing about accounts and your stuff, :greengrin but quick question, if Hibs had used a rehab clinic at some point would that show in the accounts, just like if we used a plumbing firm would that show up in the accounts, you are probably thinking silver has went nuts but just wondering if Hibs use a company does it show up in the accounts. :aok:

silverhibee
05-11-2014, 03:54 PM
Part of me says "sod 'em. The information to enable the allegations to be refuted.... East Mains, the ticket office, the directors... is already in the public domain. We don't need to respond".

However, as has been said, not everybody knows that, and not everybody has the facility to check it out.

Someone I know, though, will be asking such questions at the AGM, if it happens, for no other reason than to get a public response from the Board.

Ta. :aok:

Peevemor
05-11-2014, 03:55 PM

Personally I doubt it.

CropleyWasGod
05-11-2014, 03:56 PM
Do you think a AGM will take place this year,? and if not what would be the reason for not holding one.

I no nothing about accounts and your stuff, :greengrin but quick question, if Hibs had used a rehab clinic at some point would that show in the accounts, just like if we used a plumbing firm would that show up in the accounts, you are probably thinking silver has went nuts but just wondering if Hibs use a company does it show up in the accounts. :aok:

I hope an AGM does take place. Not to hold it would just add fuel to the fire. However, there's no requirement to do so.

It's later than normal this year, and I don't know the reason for that. I'm hoping that it's nothing sinister, but the delay doesn't help the conspiracy theories, of course.

As for your other question, such a payment wouldn't show up in the published accounts. I'll not ask why you're asking.... but you do know what the subject of the next HoH card will be now, don't you? :greengrin

Crazyhorse
05-11-2014, 03:58 PM
Tell us more about this. What "borrowing facility" has been called in? What "other factors" are you talking about?

I don't have last year's accounts handy, but IIRC our main mortgage debt was secured and is repayable in a manageable fashion. This panic "ooh we're in debt" does nobody any favours. We have debt and as at last year, it was manageable. If STF has indeed made loans to the club that just reinforces the valuable role he plays.

If Farmer is making loans to the club he is paying for leaving the blundering incompetent clown Petrie in charge over the past number of years.

Lago
05-11-2014, 04:06 PM
Frankly there is some absolute rubbish being posted on here some of which could attract the legal profession. Do I think Rod should leave, yes, will he leave, not at this time but probably in due course. We could then be faced with a Motherwell situation where John Boyle has given the supporters group a deadline to by his shares or they go on the open market.

jacomo
05-11-2014, 04:08 PM
I hope an AGM does take place. Not to hold it would just add fuel to the fire. However, there's no requirement to do so.

It's later than normal this year, and I don't know the reason for that. I'm hoping that it's nothing sinister, but the delay doesn't help the conspiracy theories, of course.

As for your other question, such a payment wouldn't show up in the published accounts. I'll not ask why you're asking.... but you do know what the subject of the next HoH card will be now, don't you? :greengrin

Seems crazy that no AGM has been scheduled for this year yet - as you say there is no requirement to hold one, but as they have become a regular fixture in the diary it would seem strange to stop them now.

CropleyWasGod
05-11-2014, 04:13 PM
Seems crazy that no AGM has been scheduled for this year yet - as you say there is no requirement to hold one, but as they have become a regular fixture in the diary it would seem strange to stop them now.

The question has just been asked. :cb

silverhibee
05-11-2014, 04:15 PM
Personally I doubt it.

Only one way to find out, until then me and you can only speculate if we will be right or not.

Peevemor
05-11-2014, 04:24 PM
Only one way to find out, until then me and you can only speculate if we will be right or not.

:aok:

Carheenlea
05-11-2014, 04:25 PM

I think you are being very optimistic with that guess, but I think if we can win on Saturday, with a good performance on top of that, we can see an increase on the attendance at the next home game (QoS) of your figure, and some.

As you say in another post, only one way to find out, but I suspect that we may have to wait some time yet to get our answer.

Leith_Hibee
05-11-2014, 04:39 PM
They'd be daft to hold the AGM without having something to introduce like new fan ownership model or change in structure. Without that they would effectively be walking into the lions den. It would allow the fans to sound off but it wouldn't be very productive.

Hopefully any new structure to the club includes an exit strategy for rodders. I was a fan of his early stuff around infrastructure but now this should be bearing fruit but we've had complete numpties running it for years.

silverhibee
05-11-2014, 04:44 PM

And the longer it takes to hold the AGM would only add fuel to the fire of HOH allegations, the seed has being planted and the longer it goes on the more the fans will become suspicious of these stories, until Hibs hit back and make a statement regards these matters and put things to bed that these allegations are unfounded.

One last Question. Is it possible as Chairman of the club that RP could have profited through the sale of players, maybe as a bonus or something like that he may have got a percentage from the selling of players.

I couldn't tell you if you asked. :aok:

Ta for answering my questions though. HOH will have to make bigger flyers. :greengrin

silverhibee
05-11-2014, 04:45 PM
Petrie has to go, and go now.

FranckSuzy
05-11-2014, 04:48 PM
I'm sure, in the blurb about the fans reps on the Board, January was stated as the time for the AGM. Could be wrong though :cb

Edit: found this http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/4878. I am 99.9% sure it originally said the AGM when advising when they were hoping to unveil the two 'lucky' candidates. It now says that it'll be in time for the first Board meeting of the year, in Jan.

CropleyWasGod
05-11-2014, 04:50 PM
And the longer it takes to hold the AGM would only add fuel to the fire of HOH allegations, the seed has being planted and the longer it goes on the more the fans will become suspicious of these stories, until Hibs hit back and make a statement regards these matters and put things to bed that these allegations are unfounded.

One last Question. Is it possible as Chairman of the club that RP could have profited through the sale of players, maybe as a bonus or something like that he may have got a percentage from the selling of players.

I couldn't tell you if you asked. :aok:

Ta for answering my questions though. HOH will have to make bigger flyers. :greengrin

It is possible. However, it would have to be as part of his contract. IIRC, any bonus would have to be disclosed in the accounts, and I don't remember any such item over the past few years.

Who was the last player we sold?

silverhibee
05-11-2014, 05:30 PM

Sooner rather than later though, regards Petrie. :agree:

silverhibee
05-11-2014, 05:38 PM
It is possible. However, it would have to be as part of his contract. IIRC, any bonus would have to be disclosed in the accounts, and I don't remember any such item over the past few years.

Who was the last player we sold?

Did we give James Collins away or get a fee, i can't remember, Osbourne is the last player we sold to Blackpool i think.

But i was thinking more about the Golden Generation players that were sold under Mowbray and Collins.

Alfred E Newman
05-11-2014, 05:44 PM

Just like the fans that were supposedly coming back if Fenlon went and ithen if Butcher went.
Other than a few like yourself who are determined to see Petrie gone, I think the majority of supporters just want results and entertainment and that is the only thing that will bring back the crowds.

KeithTheHibby
05-11-2014, 05:46 PM
Did we give James Collins away or get a fee, i can't remember, Osbourne is the last player we sold to Blackpool i think.

But i was thinking more about the Golden Generation players that were sold under Mowbray and Collins.

If we got a fee for Collins RP deserves an honorary seat on the board.:wink:

silverhibee
05-11-2014, 06:18 PM
Just like the fans that were supposedly coming back if Fenlon went and ithen if Butcher went.
Other than a few like yourself who are determined to see Petrie gone, I think the majority of supporters just want results and entertainment and that is the only thing that will bring back the crowds.

Can't remember many fans saying that about Fenlon and Butcher, infact the fans backed they two through there tenure, Butchers last game seen a sell out, day trippers, but over the last 5 years i have heard from plenty folk they won't go back until Petrie leaves, at one point we were pulling 16000 fans in, where have they all gone, over the years Petrie has made mistake after mistake and we are now paying for it as we sit in the lower league and i do believe a lot of fans blame Petrie for these mistakes and have decided to turn there back on the club until he leaves our club, they have voted with there feet.

Think you will find it is a few thousand, as was shown at the The Petrie Out campaign. :aok:

Results, Entertainment, and Petrie Out, = big crowds and happy days. :flag:

greenlex
05-11-2014, 06:19 PM
Personally do not care either way but if it allows more fans to attend and us as a club to move forward then he should go.

Deansy
05-11-2014, 06:29 PM

Disagree - RP (IMHO) is THE main reason for fans staying-away/not renewing ST's. Relegation/playing in Championship has also been a reason but that's to be expected. Long-time Hibees realise, that a future still including RP & STF, 'Existing/Balancing-the-books' will always be the main-aim with success seen as a bonus.

snooky
05-11-2014, 06:39 PM
Maybe he should get sacked just before the AGM ..... and by Alan Stubbs, just to complete the irony. :stirrer:

Ronniekirk
05-11-2014, 07:09 PM

Could be wrong but my recollection was we were just happy a club wanted him and would take over his contract which was a decent one and a three year one .

Sir David Gray
05-11-2014, 07:13 PM
I'm not convinced that hundreds (or even thousands) of fans would come flooding back immediately after he leaves.

Only one thing will bring the crowds back and that's a successful football team.

However, as I said on this thread last night, I want him to leave.

DaveF
05-11-2014, 07:22 PM
It'll bring a feel good factor to the support and a bit of much needed unity.

Get him out.

CropleyWasGod
05-11-2014, 07:28 PM

My recollection is that people were generally pretty pleased with Rod in the way he dealt with the sales, particularly those of Brown, Fletcher and Bamba. If he did get a commission, I don't think we would have been too critical at the time.

However, someone making the accusation now would have to be very, very sure of their ground.

The Modfather
05-11-2014, 07:59 PM
My recollection is that people were generally pretty pleased with Rod in the way he dealt with the sales, particularly those of Brown, Fletcher and Bamba. If he did get a commission, I don't think we would have been too critical at the time.

However, someone making the accusation now would have to be very, very sure of their ground.

My recollection was John Collins being just as, if not more so, influential in holding out for the fees we eventually received.

blackpoolhibs
05-11-2014, 08:27 PM
If Petrie left tomorrow i dont believe we'd get many of the lost supporters back. I do think there are some folk who wont be back until he's gone but how many i wouldnt like to guess?

Personally i think that man has scunnered that many folk with his astute management, we will struggle to get many of them back.

SunshineOnLeith
05-11-2014, 08:27 PM

And just in case Hands on Hibs are watching this and frantically opening a new packet a wax crayons, he didn't get any such commission. Never has.

Pretty Boy
05-11-2014, 08:32 PM
I'm not convinced that hundreds (or even thousands) of fans would come flooding back immediately after he leaves.

Only one thing will bring the crowds back and that's a successful football team.

However, as I said on this thread last night, I want him to leave.

Nailed it.

Hundreds were going to come back if we voted Rangers out the league, then if we signed McPake, then when we signed a decent striker, then when we sacked Fenlon.....

What will bring fans back is the style of football we are slowly starting to play coupled with a few more wins. Rod should go but the idea there are hundreds or thousands waiting to return if he goes is laughable imo. I don't doubt there are a few, amd fair play to them, but attacking, entertaining, winning football will be what really attracts numbers back.

CraigHibee
05-11-2014, 08:41 PM
he needs to go, simple as that

Peevemor
05-11-2014, 09:59 PM
he needs to go, simple as that

Yes he does but no it's not.

IWasThere2016
06-11-2014, 12:59 PM
Nothing has changed as regards his presence at the club.
He should go.

My feelings haven't changed at all.

Someone who has been in charge of an organisation which has experienced the sort of decline that has been seen at Hibs over the last four or five years would normally lose their job in any other business.

I don't see how the CEO of a company, which has performed as badly as we have, could seriously think that they can continue in their role.

The fact that there are signs of recovery right now are largely irrelevant as far as this discussion is concerned, in my opinion.

This x 2. Poor leader and no vision/strategy/action to reverse the slide..

Peevemor
06-11-2014, 01:09 PM

So have you missed the changes that have taken place since the summer?

Onion
06-11-2014, 01:23 PM
If Petrie left tomorrow i dont believe we'd get many of the lost supporters back. I do think there are some folk who wont be back until he's gone but how many i wouldnt like to guess?

Personally i think that man has scunnered that many folk with his astute management, we will struggle to get many of them back.

Football fans have short memories. Only a few weeks ago, there were plenty folk on here questioning Stubbs appointment, LD's impact etc so it would be foolish to think we've bottomed-out and Petrie's work is complete. Hanging on to the 7-8000 regulars with him in place is still a major hurdle.

DarlingtonHibee
06-11-2014, 02:02 PM

Given your financial expertise, what is your vison / strategy for the club - thanks.

Big Frank
08-11-2014, 06:41 PM
RP out.

No even debatable.

The Green Goblin
09-11-2014, 09:38 AM
Best if he goes imo.

DarlingtonHibee
09-11-2014, 07:34 PM

Still awaiting your vision / strategy / action to reverse the slide

Alfred E Newman
09-11-2014, 09:40 PM
It'll bring a feel good factor to the support and a bit of much needed unity.

Get him out.

I would doubt that very much. The only thing that will provide a feel good factor is good football and results. At the moment both these things are improving. If we are still undefeated and in the cup after the New Year very few will be giving a hoot about Petrie.

The Modfather
09-11-2014, 11:27 PM
I would doubt that very much. The only thing that will provide a feel good factor is good football and results. At the moment both these things are improving. If we are still undefeated and in the cup after the New Year very few will be giving a hoot about Petrie.

I think you are vastly underestimating the general feelings of the support. If we are doing well, protests and the like May not be at the forefront, but the last 7 years of his watch won't ever be forgotten.

StokePogesHibs
10-11-2014, 12:54 AM
Sorry but in any normal performance driven business he'd be long gone. Leeann needs a clean slate and the club a clear ownership/ succession plan to secure it post STF.

Small point but as a Hibs TV International season ticket holder we were promised an email about lack of coverage. I was told it was in for approval 3 weeks ago. I've yet to receive it. I am hugely encouraged by recent performances but we need a plan for the next 10 years not 10 matches.

emerald green
10-11-2014, 07:14 PM
What does Rod Petrie actually contribute to the running and well being of Hibernian Football Club? LD has assured the supporters that she runs things now and I've no reason to disbelieve her. So why does he remain at the club?

I can only guess the reasons he is still at the club are 1) he remains Sir Tom Farmer's placeman, and 2) he is maybe looking to getting the top blazer at the SFA? I have also read RP has a 10% stake (is that the correct word?) in the club.

RP has overseen the worst period in the club's long history, culminating in the most ridiculous and disastrous relegation. For a club with our relatively greater resources than all but a few clubs in Scotland, this is unforgivable and completely unacceptable. The buck has to stop somewhere for years of failure and under achievement under his watch. He should do the honourable thing and resign now.

Andy74
10-11-2014, 07:35 PM
What does Rod Petrie actually contribute to the running and well being of Hibernian Football Club? LD has assured the supporters that she runs things now and I've no reason to disbelieve her. So why does he remain at the club?

I can only guess the reasons he is still at the club are 1) he remains Sir Tom Farmer's placeman, and 2) he is maybe looking to getting the top blazer at the SFA? I have also read RP has a 10% stake (is that the correct word?) in the club.

RP has overseen the worst period in the club's long history, culminating in the most ridiculous and disastrous relegation. For a club with our relatively greater resources than all but a few clubs in Scotland, this is unforgivable and completely unacceptable. The buck has to stop somewhere for years of failure and under achievement under his watch. He should do the honourable thing and resign now.

Never bought the SFA angle. You don't need to be at a bigger club for an SFA position. He'd get a place on a member club board no bother if he needed to.

RIP
11-11-2014, 03:19 PM
Never bought the SFA angle. You don't need to be at a bigger club for an SFA position. He'd get a place on a member club board no bother if he needed to.

With Petrie's business track record? Taking a top four Scottish club into the second tier twice during his tenure. Communication skills of an internal auditor. Product marketing skills of Gerard Rather. Toxic relationship with his customers/investors.

Another club would welcome him? Really?

Gerard
11-11-2014, 03:33 PM
With Petrie's business track record? Taking a top four Scottish club into the second tier twice during his tenure. Communication skills of an internal auditor. Product marketing skills of Gerard Rather. Toxic relationship with his customers/investors.

Perhaps Mr Petrie' talent set is one that would be better displayed when he runs Scottish football.:wink:

Andy74
11-11-2014, 04:01 PM

They would, yes.

emerald green
11-11-2014, 06:56 PM

I note what you say, and if that were to be the case, it's one less reason for his continued presence at HFC.

Peevemor
11-11-2014, 07:24 PM
I note what you say, and if that were to be the case, it's one less reason for his continued presence at HFC.

When are people going to understand? Tom Farmer owns the club and he wants Rod Petrie on the board. There's no point looking for any other reasons.

emerald green
11-11-2014, 08:24 PM
When are people going to understand? Tom Farmer owns the club and he wants Rod Petrie on the board. There's no point looking for any other reasons.

I do understand that thanks.

My question in post 136 was... "what does Rod Petrie actually contribute to the running and well being of Hibernian Football Club?" I don't sit in the boardroom so obviously I don't know what he does.

I believe LD is running things now, so why does Sir Tom Farmer want, or need, Rod Petrie on the board too? Presumably Sir Tom trusts LD to run things?

Andy74
11-11-2014, 08:34 PM
I do understand that thanks.

My question in post 136 was... "what does Rod Petrie actually contribute to the running and well being of Hibernian Football Club?" I don't sit in the boardroom so obviously I don't know what he does.

I believe LD is running things now, so why does Sir Tom Farmer want, or need, Rod Petrie on the board too? Presumably Sir Tom trusts LD to run things?

At least part of this comes down to understanding the very different roles of Chief Executive and Chairman.

emerald green
11-11-2014, 08:38 PM
At least part of this comes down to understanding the very different roles of Chief Executive and Chairman.

Point taken.

Mikey
11-11-2014, 09:16 PM
We have around 200 less votes on this thread (compared to the original poll) but the result is still coming out at 85%.

Spooky :greengrin

RIP
11-11-2014, 09:56 PM
They would, yes.

Sounds promising Andy. I'm not going to press for more details right now.

Will we hear more at the AGM do you think?

Andy74
11-11-2014, 10:00 PM
Sounds promising Andy. I'm not going to press for more details right now.

Will we hear more at the AGM do you think?

That's not direct info I'm just saying other clubs at some level would be happy to have Petrie as a non exec. He could be involved with Spartans or Elgin and still be involved at a senior level with the SFA so I think that's a bit of a red herring for him staying on here.

Ronniekirk
11-11-2014, 10:48 PM
So you keep telling us ,and your obviously happy with the Status Quo but there are others who want to explore possible options and see if change can be brought about

Peevemor
11-11-2014, 10:55 PM
So you keep telling us ,and your obviously happy with the Status Quo but there are others who want to explore possible options and see if change can be brought about

Why do you say that I'm "obviously happy with the status quo"? I'm only stating facts - not an opinion. Don't confuse the two.

Steve20
12-11-2014, 10:32 AM
Petrie still being at the club shows what utter contempt Hibs have for the supporters.

Bill Milne
13-11-2014, 08:49 AM
Actually, Petrie remaining at the club demonstrates the faith STF has in Petrie. To get rid of Rod, we must get rid of STF.

Kato
13-11-2014, 08:51 AM
Actually, Petrie remaining at the club demonstrates the faith STF has in Petrie. To get rid of Rod, we must get rid of STF.

Or persuade him his faith is misplaced or ran it's course when it comes to benefitting Hibs.

Peevemor
13-11-2014, 08:51 AM

So is this what all this is about then?

Peevemor
13-11-2014, 08:52 AM
Or persuade him his faith is misplaced or ran it's course when it comes to benefitting Hibs.

Even though RP's no longer running the club?

Kato
13-11-2014, 08:54 AM
Even though RP's no longer running the club?

Yes.

greenginger
13-11-2014, 09:00 AM
According to companies House records Petrie is a director of 31 companies , 30 of them being STF companies and the other one is the SFA.

I think STF relies heavily on Petrie but his continued position as club chairman is definitely unnecessary and damaging to the Club.

Peevemor
13-11-2014, 09:14 AM
Yes.

OK. Why?

Bill Milne
13-11-2014, 09:16 AM
I think STF relies heavily on Petrie but his continued position as club chairman is definitely unnecessary and damaging to the Club.[/QUOTE]

I agree but the difficulty is persuading STF to remove him completely. Leeann Dempster may be the upfront face of Hibs but Petrie still has undue influence as non-executive Chairman of the board.

Kato
13-11-2014, 11:43 AM
OK. Why?

As it would be good for the supporters morale and the club could do with a passionate Chairman.