PDA

View Full Version : Pointless zzzzzzzzzzzz

snooky
04-11-2014, 04:46 PM
17:40 and I've just switched off the telly. I usually watch Pointless while devouring my tea.
Alas, the totally unfunny banter between Alexander Armstrong and Richard Osman has finally got to me.
This is/was basically a good quiz show (as far as quiz shows go - and I'm not a fan of them) but these two buffoons have made it ... well,
pointless.

Pretty Boy
04-11-2014, 04:59 PM
It's definitely coming to the end of it's shelf life imo.

I tend to opt for The Chase on ITV these days. Bradley Walsh is a bit of a tw@ but there's some decent questions on it and it's pretty fast paced.

Wilson
04-11-2014, 05:52 PM
17:40 and I've just switched off the telly. I usually watch Pointless while devouring my tea.
Alas, the totally unfunny banter between Alexander Armstrong and Richard Osman has finally got to me.
This is/was basically a good quiz show (as far as quiz shows go - and I'm not a fan of them) but these two buffoons have made it ... well,
pointless.

I quite liked the Armstrong and Miller show. I suppose it follows that any time I've watched pointless I also appreciate the banter between Armstrong and Osman. In fact, the quiz show is pretty unremarkable otherwise.

The Chase is much better. Also enjoying the US version on challenge.

Future17
05-11-2014, 01:15 PM
I like everything about Pointless, with the two exceptions of the lack of pace and the producer's apparent reluctance to show the viewer the board for any length of time. It's bad enough that I have to listen to the contestants prattle on about nonsense, but why do I have to watch them when I'm trying to work out anagrams of different breeds of cattle?!?

Scouse Hibee
05-11-2014, 02:06 PM
Eggheads.

Mon Dieu4
05-11-2014, 03:36 PM
Eggheads.

Correct, I love Barry he's the man

snooky
05-11-2014, 04:07 PM
Correct, I love Barry he's the man

The Eggies? I like 'em all except Daphne. She's smug as a bug on a dug.

Mon Dieu4
06-11-2014, 03:23 PM
The Eggies? I like 'em all except Daphne. She's smug as a bug on a dug.

Yeah Barry and Chris are my favourites

HUTCHYHIBBY
06-11-2014, 04:44 PM
Is CJ still on it? A face I'd never tire of punching!

DH1875
06-11-2014, 05:11 PM

:agree::agree::agree: so true.

HUTCHYHIBBY
06-11-2014, 05:16 PM
I'm sure I read somewhere that he changed his name by deed poll and his surname is Dutch for "the beautiful" or something like that!

Scouse Hibee
06-11-2014, 06:10 PM

CJ lost his round tonight and the Eggheads lost overall 7K to the challengers :greengrin

Sir David Gray
06-11-2014, 10:16 PM
I'm sure I read somewhere that he changed his name by deed poll and his surname is Dutch for "the beautiful" or something like that!

:agree: His real name is Joseph Connagh. He's no longer on speaking terms with his family and he claims to have had an abusive childhood so that's why he wanted to change his name.

His adopted surname is de Mooi which, as you say, is Dutch for "the beautiful".

PS-The best "Egghead" by a mile is Kevin. The knowledge that guy has about pretty much everything is quite incredible.

snooky
06-11-2014, 10:34 PM
:agree: His real name is Joseph Connagh. He's no longer on speaking terms with his family and he claims to have had an abusive childhood so that's why he wanted to change his name.

PS-The best "Egghead" by a mile is Kevin. The knowledge that guy has about pretty much everything is quite incredible.

Yeh I like Kevin the best too.
He's the spit of a former neighbour of mine.

Pretty Boy
07-11-2014, 07:51 AM

Kevin is the man. Clearly the smartest of all the Eggheads and humble with it too.

I always hated Chris. Smug prick who had to rant on about every fact associated with every answer.

Mon Dieu4
07-11-2014, 09:11 AM
Kevin is the man. Clearly the smartest of all the Eggheads and humble with it too.

I always hated Chris. Smug prick who had to rant on about every fact associated with every answer.

See I always see Kevin as a bit smug too, that's why I like barry best, only on here could you find a discussion like this haha

snooky
07-11-2014, 05:09 PM
See I always see Kevin as a bit smug too, that's why I like barry best, only on here could you find a discussion like this haha
Maybe someone can set up a poll and we'll see who the fav. eggie is?
Just a thoucht. :rolleyes:

Speedy
07-11-2014, 09:17 PM
I like everything about Pointless, with the two exceptions of the lack of pace and the producer's apparent reluctance to show the viewer the board for any length of time. It's bad enough that I have to listen to the contestants prattle on about nonsense, but why do I have to watch them when I'm trying to work out anagrams of different breeds of cattle?!?

Pointless is annoying because it's really difficult to win.