PDA

View Full Version : Idlewild announce new album

Northernhibee
03-11-2014, 09:41 PM
It's called "Everything Ever Written" and can be pre-ordered at idlewild.co.uk. If you pre-order you get a download of album track "Collect Yourself" and access to a pre-sale for UK dates next year.

The download is interesting - mostly typical of their most recent work, but also contains some pretty heavy guitar work and a really, really mental sounding guitar solo at the end from Rod Jones. An album trailer online shows Rod attacking his guitar with a drill, think this could be a Neil Young heavy rather than their flight of stairs era heavy but otherwise this could be a cracking album.

Think it could be their last going by a conversation I've had with a band member last year though.

number7
29-11-2014, 08:32 PM
I'm a viewer and not really a poster, but I keep seeing that this thread has no responses, and feel it's a huge shame given that Idlewild are undoubtedly the best band to come out of Edinburgh. Hugely underrated band, and Roddy Woomble solo is excellent too.

Mr White
08-12-2014, 11:42 AM
Judt heard Collect Yourself on 6music, sounds good, looking forward to the album now.