PDA

View Full Version : Dodged a bullet...

Stuarty27
03-11-2014, 08:07 PM
Sitting watching the Ross County vs Aberdeen game and Paul Quinn has just scored an absolute howler of a og!!

Looks murder and Hayes has ripped Toshney a new one!!

Thank god we never signed either!!

silverhibee
03-11-2014, 08:27 PM
Talking of OGs, Wes Brown has just got his 4th of the season. :greengrin

NadeAteMyLunch!
03-11-2014, 08:39 PM

Sunderland score some outstanding og's lol

H18S NX
03-11-2014, 09:50 PM
Sitting watching the Ross County vs Aberdeen game and Paul Quinn has just scored an absolute howler of a og!!

Thank god we never signed either!!.....Agreed,that toshney is as slow as a week in the jail.

silverhibee
03-11-2014, 10:04 PM
.....Agreed,that toshney is as slow as a week in the jail.

How slow is it. :greengrin

S4uzee
03-11-2014, 10:24 PM

Thank god we never signed either!!
No but before we picked up v Livi/hearts/Utd we apparently missed out on 2 excellent signings and it was a disgrace

silverhibee
03-11-2014, 10:44 PM
No but before we picked up v Livi/hearts/Utd we apparently missed out on 2 excellent signings and it was a disgrace

Stubbs wanted Quinn, he made that quite clear, are the board doing everything to get the man in that Stubbs want, Hibs made Quinn a offer and he was straight up to Ross County while Hibs were saying he was mulling over the offer, think he had already made his mind up about Hibs offer.

Hibs did go back in with another offer but Quinn had made his mind up to go with RC after being pissed about by Hibs.

007 Mickey Weir
04-11-2014, 12:27 AM
Stubbs wanted Quinn, he made that quite clear, are the board doing everything to get the man in that Stubbs want, Hibs made Quinn a offer and he was straight up to Ross County while Hibs were saying he was mulling over the offer, think he had already made his mind up about Hibs offer.

Hibs did go back in with another offer but Quinn had made his mind up to go with RC after being pissed about by Hibs.

Or did Quinn want to be first choice rather than a squad player? Just a thought.

NadeAteMyLunch!
04-11-2014, 07:59 AM
Said at the time that I didn't want us wasting a wage on either of these guys. I stick by that

Lucius Apuleius
04-11-2014, 08:07 AM

How was he pissed about Silver? He was made an offer then the offer was raised. Sounds like Hibs did nothing wrong here at all.

GreenOnions
04-11-2014, 08:09 AM
Don't know anything about Quinn but whenever I saw Lewis Toshney play with Dundee he and another defender Declan Gallagher always stood out as being absolute comedy gold. The giraffe on stilts' drunk brothers.

Nando™
04-11-2014, 08:27 AM
Another good thing about not signing them is that we now don't have to suffer more "why do we seem to ruin so many players?" posts.

Delighted.

SMAXXA
04-11-2014, 08:55 AM

Hibs didn't piss anyone about, I'd like to understand where yo think we did?

jdships
04-11-2014, 09:36 AM

Pissed about ? Easy to criticise from the sidelines !!
Story from EM's which was confirmed from Victoria Park,Dingwall ( my wife comes from the town ) was he asked for "GUARANTEED" first team place at ER .
When RC came in he decided he preferred Premier football as against Championship .
Watching last nights game and listening to RC fans when I was up last week don't think we need lose any sleep over missing out on BOTH of them .
:rolleyes:

jdships
04-11-2014, 09:36 AM
Hibs didn't piss anyone about, I'd like to understand where yo think we did?

:agree:

brog
04-11-2014, 09:51 AM
Its funny, I was watching game last night & realised at one time or another we've been linked with every one of the RC back 4 ( the others being Boyd & Barr ) & of course we had the keeper! FWIW I thought Quinn played ok & og was unfortunate but Toshney was awful. It was noticeable as game wore on Hayes just kept looking for the ball & running straight at Toshney. Mind you Toshney's more of a CH & Quinn is a RB so I'm not sure why McIntyre didn't just swap them over. Then RC brought Liam Boyce on, another player we were strongly linked with & his first ( & possibly last ) touch was a shot blazed over the bar from 6 yards! Just occasionally our managers may know more than Hibs Netters! :wink:

Winston Ingram
04-11-2014, 09:52 AM

Was it not Sunderlands 4th og of the season?

blackpoolhibs
04-11-2014, 10:03 AM
Toshney is pish, i think Quinn will turn out to be a decent player for RC once he's fit.

WeeRussell
04-11-2014, 11:24 AM
Or did Quinn want to be first choice rather than a squad player? Just a thought.

Cannae be that - that would mean Petrie/the board couldn't be blamed :rolleyes: