PDA

View Full Version : Half season ticket

hibeesathampden
03-11-2014, 09:30 AM
Does anyone know when half season tickets usually go on sale?

Gatecrasher
03-11-2014, 09:36 AM
The first valid game is usually around Christmas, I think they normally wait until around december to start promoting them.

greenlex
03-11-2014, 09:38 AM
We should be selling them now and chucking in the remaining 3 home games before the end of the year as an incentive. Money in the coffers early in the January window to make a difference in strengthening the squad early.

hibeesathampden
03-11-2014, 09:46 AM
We should be selling them now and chucking in the remaining 3 home games before the end of the year as an incentive. Money in the coffers early in the January window to make a difference in strengthening the squad early.

Agree.

H18S NX
03-11-2014, 12:19 PM
We should be selling them now and chucking in the remaining 3 home games before the end of the year as an incentive. Money in the coffers early in the January window to make a difference in strengthening the squad early....Totally agree with that,even though i am a st holder,iwould not grudge anybody free games.

Bobby's Cinema
03-11-2014, 12:22 PM
It'll be hard for them deciding how to price it after the carry on with full ST prices. Stick them at half price £210 and they won't sell, price them any lower than that and folk will be unhappy. It's a difficult one. They potentially still need something to reward full ST holders somehow

Keith_M
03-11-2014, 12:24 PM
It'll be hard for them deciding how to price it after the carry on with full ST prices. Stick them at half price £210 and they won't sell, price them any lower than that and folk will be unhappy. It's a difficult one. They potentially still need something to reward full ST holders somehow

:agree:

It's going to be difficult to come up with a price that pleases everybody.

Scouse Hibee
03-11-2014, 01:14 PM
As a season ticket holder that has long since paid I don't care what they charge for a half ST

Hibby70
03-11-2014, 05:06 PM
£210 plus the next two/three games seems like a good incentive.

Franck Stanton
03-11-2014, 05:38 PM
As a season ticket holder that has long since paid I don't care what they charge for a half ST

I'm with you on this one Scouse, just get as many bums on seats to roar the lads on is the important thing here. Will help us buy better quality players for the rest of the season

Pretty Boy
03-11-2014, 05:43 PM

Same for me.

A ST has long ceased to be about value for money so get something in place that gets bums on seats and money in the coffers asap.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
03-11-2014, 05:46 PM

Send that to LD mate. Great idea!

Elephant Stone
03-11-2014, 05:47 PM

Me neither.

KdyHby
03-11-2014, 05:48 PM
Me neither.

Ditto

Billy Whizz
03-11-2014, 05:49 PM
Same for me.

A ST has long ceased to be about value for money so get something in place that gets bums on seats and money in the coffers asap.

We'll have played 8 home league game prior to the Rangers game on the 27th, with 10 remaining

Blaster
03-11-2014, 06:05 PM
We'll have played 8 home league game prior to the Rangers game on the 27th, with 10 remaining

£200 an adult and throw in the Alloa home game
£25 kids for any stand

I am a season ticket holder but this is a chance to get some fans back

Malthibby
03-11-2014, 06:21 PM
£400 and no concessions.
I like the peace and quiet.
GG

erin go bragh
03-11-2014, 06:43 PM
£175 a pop :cb says a season ticket holder [ let the rush commence :greengrin ]

ggtth

lord bunberry
03-11-2014, 07:22 PM
Do they ever sell particularly well?

KdyHby
03-11-2014, 08:11 PM
Do they ever sell particularly well?

When progress has been made in a cup.

Nevi_SOL
03-11-2014, 10:48 PM
£210 plus a free child season ticket

Heedersnvolleys
03-11-2014, 11:00 PM
How much would an OAP's be? Might get one for my father. Fir his xmas

Billy Whizz
03-11-2014, 11:06 PM
How much would an OAP's be? Might get one for my father. Fir his xmas

Around £80 or so

WellingtonHibby
04-11-2014, 02:59 AM

:aok:Free cup final and Victory parade Ticket?

Iain G
04-11-2014, 06:16 AM
I shall be purchasing one :agree:

weonlywon6-2
04-11-2014, 06:42 AM
Looking at getting a half season for my daughter,waiting with interest at the price

Albanian Hibs
04-11-2014, 07:36 AM
Going to get my husband one for his xmas.

Wembley67
04-11-2014, 08:19 AM
Well, don't know about anyone else but I find this a nice refreshing positive thread to wake upto this morning :flag::top marks:gwa:

whiskyhibby
04-11-2014, 02:44 PM
I'm with you on this one Scouse, just get as many bums on seats to roar the lads on is the important thing here. Will help us buy better quality players for the rest of the season

Me also,I'd rather have a full stadium and don't care about the price as an ST holder but recognise that some will

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Big_Franck
04-11-2014, 05:49 PM
I appreciate the difficulty in pricing these, as has been discussed above, but if they charge £200+ for a half season ticket in the championship they will struggle to sell 1,000.

Blaster
04-11-2014, 05:53 PM
I appreciate the difficulty in pricing these, as has been discussed above, but if they charge £200+ for a half season ticket in the championship they will struggle to sell 1,000.

200 for 11 games is slightly over 18 quid a game. Good deal I would say when you think the walk up price for 3 category A games we still have would be 28 each. I include giving the Alloa game in that

NAE NOOKIE
04-11-2014, 06:47 PM

Me neither ..... bums on seats adds to the atmosphere so the more the merrier :agree:

Big_Franck
04-11-2014, 08:34 PM
200 for 11 games is slightly over 18 quid a game. Good deal I would say when you think the walk up price for 3 category A games we still have would be 28 each. I include giving the Alloa game in that

I was presuming it would start with The Rangers game so would have averaged £20+ per game, which is arguably not even value for money in the premiership never mind the championship.

What might help sell them is if the club state that they will be valid for any championship play-off games should we finish 2nd, 3rd or 4th. Add these games to the existing ST holders' cards, that way everyone is happy and we should sell a decent amount.

It might also go some way to rewarding those who renewed early and paid 400 quid to watch championship football.

Blaster
04-11-2014, 08:44 PM
I was presuming it would start with The Rangers game so would have averaged £20+ per game, which is arguably not even value for money in the premiership never mind the championship.

What might help sell them is if the club state that they will be valid for any championship play-off games should we finish 2nd, 3rd or 4th. Add these games to the existing ST holders' cards, that way everyone is happy and we should sell a decent amount.

It might also go some way to rewarding those who renewed early and paid 400 quid to watch championship football.

I agree that it's overpriced in general but the walk up prices have been set for the seaon. However to just walk up to these 10 games would cost £238 so at £200 would be a decent saving.

PatHead
04-11-2014, 10:22 PM
Would an interest free option make a difference for anyone?

lucky
05-11-2014, 05:59 AM

This is a great idea. It rewards those who have already purchased a ST and actually makes a half ST competive price wise

Ronniekirk
05-11-2014, 09:36 AM
This is a great idea. It rewards those who have already purchased a ST and actually makes a half ST competive price wise
Think most people would agree with that ,but the question the club will be asking is do we look to go with something like that that rewards fans in hope they shift significantly more half seasons or do they take the view our improved performances are here to stay and that alone will be enough to shift a decent number of half season tickets ,and they plan to milk the playoff s for any extra revenue they can , given we will have made a loss when financial figures for last financial year are announced ,and interest In the play offs will be self generating .
If we had two Fans Representatives on the Board that would be interesting to hear the debate on this issue .
I do think as a gesture of goodwill to those that bought seasons ,there should be something in it for them to reward thier loyalty , as if we end up stuck in Championship for another year ,the Club need to go back to these same fans and ask for more money . However for the first time this season I am more optimistic about our chances of going up ,but that's totally dependant on current form continuing and converting draws into wins,not losing any key player in January ,but also strengthening ,and not having any more long term injuries to contend with .,and getting our fair share of the rub of the green and beating hearts when we are on top .

greenlex
06-11-2014, 03:13 AM

It might also go some way to rewarding those who renewed early and paid 400 quid to watch championship football.the play off games like last season will be already included in the season ticket and therefor the half ticket too.

PatHead
06-11-2014, 01:33 PM
Seemingly the SPFL wanted to take over pricing for play off matches as they felt clubs should not be able to give free tickets (could include seasons I suppose) at these games.

The tache was having none of it and made an impassioned plea. Resolution was defeated as it required 100% approval. Don't know if anyone backed him.

I take it the SPFL saw it as a nice wee earner by forcing folk to pay £18.

JimBHibees
06-11-2014, 02:04 PM
the play off games like last season will be already included in the season ticket and therefor the half ticket too.

I thought it was only at the last minute that it was decided to includes Hamilton home game as ok for seasons.

Scouse Hibee
06-11-2014, 02:15 PM
I thought it was only at the last minute that it was decided to includes Hamilton home game as ok for seasons.

It was.

gegs70
07-11-2014, 01:23 AM
I shall be purchasing one :agree:

Really???