PDA

View Full Version : Sportscene observations

NadeAteMyLunch!
02-11-2014, 09:49 PM
1) It's still pish

2) Jim Goodwin has just elbowed some boy AGAIN. Absolutely unbelievable. Already on a yellow and he pings some boy in the coupon, deliberately. Another ban on the way. How long a ban should this cretin be given?! Will he ever learn?

3) I notice Celtic have started playing 'Zombie Nation' after they score a goal. Quite clearly a piss take of Rangers. Hate how ridiculously soft we are as a club that we instructed our last PA guy to not play anything that might upset the poor Jambos. They would have had all the party tunes out if roles were reversed

Scottie
02-11-2014, 09:53 PM
Agree with everything you said :agree:

Argylehibby
02-11-2014, 10:00 PM
1) It's still pish

2) Jim Goodwin has just elbowed some boy AGAIN. Absolutely unbelievable. Already on a yellow and he pings some boy in the coupon, deliberately. Another ban on the way. How long a ban should this cretin be given?! Will he ever learn?

3) I notice Celtic have started playing 'Zombie Nation' after they score a goal. Quite clearly a piss take of Rangers. Hate how ridiculously soft we are as a club that we instructed our last PA guy to not play anything that might upset the poor Jambos. They would have had all the party tunes out if roles were reversed

And completely missed the ICT guy stamping of Good-yeti when he tried to win a penalty too.

Joe's ice cream
02-11-2014, 10:01 PM
1) It's still pish

If there was a like button on here I would be pressing it for this - fully agree with all your points

NadeAteMyLunch!
02-11-2014, 10:01 PM
And completely missed the ICT guy stamping of Good-yeti when he tried to win a penalty too.

Craig Thomson was the ref. The foul was maybe too far in the box to be deemed a penalty

NadeAteMyLunch!
02-11-2014, 10:02 PM
If there was a like button on here I would be pressing it for this - fully agree with all your points

👍

Del Boy
02-11-2014, 10:04 PM
Goodwin is the dirtiest player in Scottish football in the last 15 years. Absolute thug.

pedroorange1875
02-11-2014, 10:05 PM
Damn and blast did i miss it.....ill get it next week then................maybe

Argylehibby
02-11-2014, 10:09 PM
Craig Thomson was the ref. The foul was maybe too far in the box to be deemed a penalty

I don't mean the "non foul" to try and win the penalty but when he was on the deck the ICT player stamps on him which is what provoked the reaction from him.

pedroorange1875
02-11-2014, 10:12 PM
Its a top quality broadcaster and program maker if you believe people on another thread here....long live the TV license

H18S NX
02-11-2014, 10:13 PM
1) It's still pish

3) I notice Celtic have started playing 'Zombie Nation' after they score a goal. Quite clearly a piss take of Rangers. Hate how ridiculously soft we are as a club that we instructed our last PA guy to not play anything that might upset the poor Jambos. They would have had all the party tunes out if roles were reversed..............Yup.

NadeAteMyLunch!
02-11-2014, 10:16 PM
I don't mean the "non foul" to try and win the penalty but when he was on the deck the ICT player stamps on him which is what provoked the reaction from him.

He will definitely have missed that seeing as it happened directly in front of him

Mikey09
03-11-2014, 01:04 PM
1) It's still pish

I cringe with embarrassment when that poor excuse for a football show comes on....

patlowe
03-11-2014, 01:51 PM
I cringe with embarrassment when that poor excuse for a football show comes on....

I cringe when I see the programme and remember that Jim Goodwin is responsible for setting an example and coaching other footballers. :bitchy: There can be no denying it, he's a complete thug.

Pete
03-11-2014, 02:07 PM
I don't mind sportscene and I'm not sure what people are expecting.

Steven Thomson is probably the best pundit on the show and Mike Stewart always talks sense.

ancient hibee
03-11-2014, 03:43 PM
Sportscene is no worse than the standard of Scottish football-that is somewhere between mediocre and abysmal.

Finbar
03-11-2014, 04:46 PM
Considering how much the BBC spends on English football and match of the day the coverage of Scottish football is very poor. I get the impression watching Sportscene that they just turn up, watch the highlights and have a wee blether about it after. No sign of any preparation.

Jack
03-11-2014, 04:59 PM
I don't mind sportscene and I'm not sure what people are expecting.

Steven Thomson is probably the best pundit on the show and Mike Stewart always talks sense.

Something in keeping with a national broadcaster?

Pretty Boy
03-11-2014, 05:31 PM
I can remember Sportscene being decent when it was on a Saturday night. All the Scottish games, analysis then 2 or 3 English games at the end. Sure it lasted at least an hour.

Sadly there's probably no demand for that now as a hell of a lot of people would rather go the the pub and watch English football and contribute nothing to the Scottish game because it's 'pish'. We probably get the programme and budget there is a demand for.

mjhibby
03-11-2014, 06:51 PM

It's such a poor programme. It's the same with sportsound. It's a wee boys club where they say the same things over and over. Their not interested unless it fits their agenda. Turned on sportsound tonight to hear about mccall leaving well and got willie Miller and wee robbo talking about how far players nutrition and fitness have improved. Well looking for a new mgr is obviously not important. It's so bad to be beyond parody.

Northern Hibby
05-11-2014, 10:50 AM
I can remember Sportscene being decent when it was on a Saturday night. All the Scottish games, analysis then 2 or 3 English games at the end. Sure it lasted at least an hour.

Sadly there's probably no demand for that now as a hell of a lot of people would rather go the the pub and watch English football and contribute nothing to the Scottish game because it's 'pish'. We probably get the programme and budget there is a demand for.

But did we get pish before fans started to leave or have we got pish since, chicken/egg, I do hate the mass love we seem to have with English football, love asking people in pub who ask "are you showing the United Match" Dundee or Ayr :greengrin

05-11-2014, 11:35 AM
Jim Goodwin is just a big thug, always has been and always will be. If I had a quid for everytimes he's put in a potential career ending tackle on someone or thrown his elbow in someones face then i'd be pretty rich.

As for the music choice at Parkhead. I do find it a little cringey that that is their goal song choice in every match. Fair enough if they were playing Rangers and tryna wind them up but to play it at every match I find a bit embarrasing and obsessive. I do agree though that hibs need to get rid of this "nicey nicey" attitude. Look at hearts, they take absolutely every opportunity they can to dig at us (bringing "derby heroes" out on the pitch at HT against us, digs over the tannoy, getting players to give it the 5-1 etc etc). We can be far too soft and far to scared to upset anyone yet how many time have they done it to us.

leggeto
05-11-2014, 11:47 AM
Jim Goodwin is just a big thug, always has been and always will be. If I had a quid for everytimes he's put in a potential career ending tackle on someone or thrown his elbow in someones face then i'd be pretty rich.

As for the music choice at Parkhead. I do find it a little cringey that that is their goal song choice in every match. Fair enough if they were playing Rangers and tryna wind them up but to play it at every match I find a bit embarrasing and obsessive. I do agree though that hibs need to get rid of this "nicey nicey" attitude. Look at hearts, they take absolutely every opportunity they can to dig at us (bringing "derby heroes" out on the pitch at HT against us, digs over the tannoy, getting players to give it the 5-1 etc etc). We can be far too soft and far to scared to upset anyone yet how many time have they done it to us.

Yip too soft,at tyncastle next game Stubbs should do a souness and plant a hibs flag in the pitch,and maybe a green smokie next to it:)

southsider
05-11-2014, 12:04 PM
Just get Pat to lead the 0-7 team onto the pitch at HT. Next time the 6-2 guys. Lets get in about them.

Stevie Reid
05-11-2014, 01:27 PM
Goodwin banned for three games: -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29919507

I said in a thread about him last year that I thought his days in Scotland were numbered. I hope I'm right.

Turkish Green
05-11-2014, 02:13 PM
Sportscene is to MOTD as the SPL is to the EPL.

Both are amateurish in comparison.

05-11-2014, 04:05 PM
Yip too soft,at tyncastle next game Stubbs should do a souness and plant a hibs flag in the pitch,and maybe a green smokie next to it:)

Not quite what I had in mind but just imagine the foot was on the other foot, they would have ripped us for everything it was worth. IMO they got off lightly and didn't receive half the stick they deserved. We play one harmless song at ER to take the mick and the boy ends up sacked, utterly ridiculous.

Jonny1875
05-11-2014, 04:09 PM
Does anyone else notice every week that Celtic just get lucky or the opposition are just terrible quality wise, really annoys me they aren't at all a good side

HappyAsHellas
06-11-2014, 07:44 AM
I remember watching sportscene many moons ago (in black and white) and Archie McPherson was at Broomfield asking where all the fans were and the atmosphere before the programme cut to Old Trafford with the Stretford end in full song and swaying.
It was demographics then, the same as it is now, and while things can be improved we really have to accept what we have and get the best from it - we cannot compete with the EPL and it's piped in atmosphere - neither should we want to.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
06-11-2014, 11:42 AM
I like Sportscene :thumbsup:

NAE NOOKIE
06-11-2014, 02:02 PM
Sportscene is to MOTD as the SPL is to the EPL.

Both are amateurish in comparison.

The SPL / EPL Comparison is utterly unfair ................. or to put it another way, **** the ****ing English premier league!!!

More folk should tune into the ALBA as live games, their half time slot is very good.

HUTCHYHIBBY
06-11-2014, 04:23 PM
**** the ****ing English premier league!!!

Aye, you've mentioned it once or twice!

NAE NOOKIE
06-11-2014, 10:33 PM
Aye, you've mentioned it once or twice!

Truth is HH I don't have a problem with the EPL as such, or any other league for that matter, what they do and how they do it is their own business.

What pisses me off is when folk make asinine statements like "The SPL is amateurish compared to the EPL". Holding the EPL up as an example to the Scottish Premiership on or off the pitch is so unfair its unbelievable and yet so many people seem to be happy to do it. Poorer yes, amateurish ... no.

Maybe when the SPFL has a TV contract in the billions and Scotland's population grows to 50 million I wont get so annoyed.

PPZPOL
07-11-2014, 07:26 AM
Truth is HH I don't have a problem with the EPL as such, or any other league for that matter, what they do and how they do it is their own business.

What pisses me off is when folk make asinine statements like "The SPL is amateurish compared to the EPL". Holding the EPL up as an example to the Scottish Premiership on or off the pitch is so unfair its unbelievable and yet so many people seem to be happy to do it. Poorer yes, amateurish ... no.

Maybe when the SPFL has a TV contract in the billions and Scotland's population grows to 50 million I wont get so annoyed.

:top marks

Gatecrasher
07-11-2014, 07:28 AM
The SPL / EPL Comparison is utterly unfair ................. or to put it another way, **** the ****ing English premier league!!!

More folk should tune into the ALBA as live games, their half time slot is very good.

:agree: better than anything Sportscene has to offer, or sky, or BT. (IMO)

tamig
07-11-2014, 10:23 AM

It's all about being "Hibs Class" don't you know? :wink:

steakbake
08-11-2014, 11:49 AM
Its a top quality broadcaster and program maker if you believe people on another thread here....long live the TV license

The envy of the world!

Squealing pig
09-11-2014, 10:01 PM
Thought Ross county had no fans there for a moment but fair play a handful of fans coming from Dingwall to Kilmarnock , fair auld trek

blackpoolhibs
09-11-2014, 10:13 PM
What day and time is this programme on?

Squealing pig
09-11-2014, 10:26 PM
Sunday bbc1 scotland 1030. Before motd2

vanNISHtelroy
10-11-2014, 06:32 AM
Thought Ross county had no fans there for a moment but fair play a handful of fans coming from Dingwall to Kilmarnock , fair auld trek

Ross County had 96 fans there, so they were housed in the wing of the Frank Beattie Stand rather than opening the Chadwick Stand.

Sure they enjoyed the trip but that was mostly due to us playing with no tactics (apart from boot it to ****), no heart or effort. Was one of the worst performances I've seen from us in quite a while. Apparently the week before was the same but I had to miss that one.

CRAZYHIBBY
10-11-2014, 06:57 AM
Are there no highlights from saturday

Winston Ingram
10-11-2014, 07:07 AM

SSN showed Cummings goal but Goals on Sunday just showed the SPL

CRAZYHIBBY
10-11-2014, 08:59 AM
SSN showed Cummings goal but Goals on Sunday just showed the SPL

Thanks for that

lyonhibs
10-11-2014, 09:10 AM
I shall issue my weekly perplexed cry as to why it takes so ****ing long for the Championship Youtube highlights to go up on the SPLOfficial website??

I assume if the goals have been shown on SSN then there were cameras there, so what's the hold up?

Yes, I'm impatient but I want to see these horrendous conditions for myself so I can wade in from an informed standpoint on "Brolly-gate" and other hot .net topics

Northern Hibby
10-11-2014, 12:31 PM

:top marks

DH1875
10-11-2014, 01:35 PM
Do they not normally show the goals from a couple of championship games each week?

When did locke end up at killie?

Hibby Kay-Yay
10-11-2014, 04:08 PM

The The Rangers highlights have been up for a while...but they're not biased with their coverage.