PDA

View Full Version : chico

B'Briggs Hibee
01-11-2014, 12:10 PM
My wee girl is in the same class as chic charnleys son. Just had a wee chat as I dropped her off at the school Halloween party. Helluva nice guy!

Phil D. Rolls
01-11-2014, 12:14 PM
My wee girl is in the same class as chic charnleys son. Just had a wee chat as I dropped her off at the school Halloween party. Helluva nice guy!

What's he up to these days?

B'Briggs Hibee
01-11-2014, 12:17 PM
What's he up to these days?

Didn't ask him that we were just spitballing about hibs. As you can imagine he was quite shocked I support hibs as he mustn't get told that every day. He did say petrie should have been long gone by now!

southsider
01-11-2014, 05:11 PM
He had loads of skill but would rather bevy than train and get himself really fit. Not the first or the last but if you talk to him we were by far his biggest club and was honoured to play for us. You are right, a nice friendly guy.

B'Briggs Hibee
01-11-2014, 05:35 PM
He had loads of skill but would rather bevy than train and get himself really fit. Not the first or the last but if you talk to him we were by far his biggest club and was honoured to play for us. You are right, a nice friendly guy.

I also said that i was at the game he scored from the half way line ( Alloa in the cup i think ) and because the cameras werent there if he needed it backed up to send them to me and he gave his boy a wee playful kick and said " Ha see, did you hear that " . His wee boy was more interested in getting into the party TBH lol .

Comiston Hibee
01-11-2014, 06:18 PM

I played in a charity game organised by coca-cola with him at Easter Road a few years back; not only was he a nice guy but he crossed for me to head the winner at the bottom of the slope.
He then sat at my table in the gallery restaurant a few years later and remembered the game. He was rough as **** as he had been on the batter with Frank MacAvennie the night before [and during the lunch Macca's missus phoned and asked if Chicco knew where he was- sooo funny]
For the record I also scored at the Dunbar Road end in the first half. Did I mention I was also the captain that day.
Happy days!

erin go bragh
01-11-2014, 07:31 PM
Remember my laddie asking Chico for his autograph before an away game at Perth . "Are you sure son , am no very good ". Was Chicks reply . Lol . Guy was a maverick

Ggtth

lobster
01-11-2014, 08:12 PM
A wonderful footballer. Should have gone much further/higher in the game. Had he lived in an earlier era he would certainly have. Unfortunately for him the fitness fascists were taking over.

NORTHERNHIBBY
01-11-2014, 08:56 PM
Text book example of too much ability and too little application.

monktonharp
01-11-2014, 10:32 PM
Text book example of too much ability and too little application.that makes him one of our own then eh.:wink:

southsider
02-11-2014, 04:55 AM
that makes him one of our own then eh.:wink:
There are players now, making a fortune out the game, who couldny lace his drinks

Devonhibs
02-11-2014, 06:16 AM
There are players now, making a fortune out the game, who couldny lace his drinks :greengrin:greengrin

NadeAteMyLunch!
02-11-2014, 10:24 AM
Loved watching Chico back in the day

The Gorf
02-11-2014, 10:52 AM
Had to laugh at him being interviewed on the telly and the subject of referees came up and he said in a deadpan face that he got on well with them...........then he looked at the camera and blew a raspberry.

greenlex
02-11-2014, 08:16 PM
Seen him a few times in the Asda at Robroyston. As an aside I saw Frankie Boyle in Harthill services last Thursday. Just thought I'd throw that out there.:greengrin