PDA

View Full Version : Spartans v Clyde - 3pm today @ Ainslie Park

Leith_Hibee
01-11-2014, 09:09 AM
Would be great to see a few Hibees down at Ainslie Park today to see if Spartans can overcome Barry Ferguson's Clyde.

Phil D. Rolls
01-11-2014, 09:10 AM
Would be great to see a few Hibees down at Ainslie Park today to see if Spartans can overcome Barry Ferguson's Clyde.

Is it a pay gate?

Leith_Hibee
01-11-2014, 09:15 AM
Is it a pay gate?

Yes, pay at the gate. £8 for Adults and £5 for concessions.

Phil D. Rolls
01-11-2014, 10:15 AM
Yes, pay at the gate. £8 for Adults and £5 for concessions.

Very tempting - is the club house open to the public afterwards?

trev the hat
01-11-2014, 02:20 PM
I see Spartans 1-0 up
1-1 here at Edin City v Brora good game so far

Godsahibby
01-11-2014, 02:51 PM
Cracking game at Meadowbank Brora brought a pretty decent support down.

Phil D. Rolls
01-11-2014, 05:17 PM
Went for the first half. Really enjoyed it. Bring on the next round!

Seveno
01-11-2014, 06:51 PM
Well done to Spartans, winning 2-0. Bazza got sent off. :greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
01-11-2014, 06:52 PM
Cracking game at Meadowbank Brora brought a pretty decent support down.

How did the rest of the game go? Did the sending off cost City?

ballengeich
01-11-2014, 07:04 PM
Well done to Spartans, winning 2-0. Bazza got sent off. :greengrin

Sent off for his language to his own club's supporters apparently. There's class, then there's Hun Class.

trev the hat
01-11-2014, 07:13 PM
City started very well & opening goal was a peach.
Brora backed by a very decent support inc piper then played slot better. Their no 11 who although went down at every opportunity was stealing the show along with their no 9 was probably the difference between them.
The sending off couldn't be argued with as you could hear the crack of the shin guard from the stand. City done well to pull it back to 2-3 & had cpl chances near end.
I thoroughly enjoyed the game at £8 excellent value. Not to mention a bovril, crisps & chunky kit Kat for £2
I'll definitely be back, the stands are too far from the pitch Imo but I knew that already. Speaking to a few regulars the were saying City are better than that ' gave Brora too much respect instead of playing their own game.

brog
02-11-2014, 10:48 AM
City started very well & opening goal was a peach.
Brora backed by a very decent support inc piper then played slot better. Their no 11 who although went down at every opportunity was stealing the show along with their no 9 was probably the difference between them.
The sending off couldn't be argued with as you could hear the crack of the shin guard from the stand. City done well to pull it back to 2-3 & had cpl chances near end.
I thoroughly enjoyed the game at £8 excellent value. Not to mention a bovril, crisps & chunky kit Kat for £2
I'll definitely be back, the stands are too far from the pitch Imo but I knew that already. Speaking to a few regulars the were saying City are better than that ' gave Brora too much respect instead of playing their own game.

I presume one of those was Steven McKay, their captain & top scorer. Anyone know if he's related to Brora legend Jim McKay who played a few games for us in late 70's? Think I remember Jim scoring against Blackburn & Celtc!