PDA

View Full Version : Tonev gets 7 match ban.

silverhibee
30-10-2014, 04:30 PM
http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/celtic/297611-celtics-aleksandar-tonev-arrives-for-racism-hearing-at-hampden/

Boyle89
30-10-2014, 05:00 PM
Wonder if they will send him back to villa?

Keith_M
30-10-2014, 05:22 PM
I'm glad to see the SFA are taking racism seriously.

Unfortunately, it's still prevalent in a lot of places.

MWHIBBIES
30-10-2014, 05:33 PM
Celtic fans all saying he should GTF. You'd never catch them racially abusing someone right enough.

Bostonhibby
30-10-2014, 05:49 PM
Celtic fans all saying he should GTF. You'd never catch them racially abusing someone right enough.

Wonder how they'd have responded if he was one of the near mythical celtc minded?

MWHIBBIES
30-10-2014, 05:56 PM
Wonder how they'd have responded if he was one of the near mythical celtc minded?Actions like this maybe prove that he is? Might be some sort of initiation? :greengrin

GordonHFC
30-10-2014, 06:02 PM
You can imagine tomorrow's headlines
'Bigot's want rid of racist'

Centre Hawf
31-10-2014, 01:16 PM
At the risk of sounding sympathetic. I wonder how much evidence they had to suspend him and how much was on hearsay.

Phil D. Rolls
31-10-2014, 01:20 PM
At the risk of sounding sympathetic. I wonder how much evidence they had to suspend him and how much was on hearsay.

There would be statements from both players, plus witnesses, if he didn't racially abuse the guy - what did he say?

Future17
31-10-2014, 02:05 PM

Wondered the same thing myself. I'm not suggesting Logan is lying by any stretch of the imagination, but being branded a racist is the sort of thing which will follow a player (or any public figure) for the rest of their lives. I just hope the requirement for proof is set at an appropriate level.

I guess it's the difficulty with these cases. Nobody wants to be seen to have failed to act on allegations of racism, but the nature of the allegation will nearly always make it extremely hard to prove.

Elephant Stone
31-10-2014, 02:10 PM

That's more than our fans said when it happened here. "One of our own".

JimBHibees
31-10-2014, 02:15 PM

It would have to be a bit more than Logan saying he did it. Would need to be other witnesses I would have thought for Judicial body to find him guilty.

CropleyWasGod
31-10-2014, 02:22 PM
It would have to be a bit more than Logan saying he did it. Would need to be other witnesses I would have thought for Judicial body to find him guilty.

Tom English made a similar point the other night.

Once the appeal process is over, he wants the SFA to publish a full account of what they found happened, similar to the Terry/Ferdinand case.

Jim44
31-10-2014, 02:35 PM

:agree: I think Deila is prolonging the saga by declaring their support for Tonev, saying he is innocent and issuing an appeal. In other words, he is saying that Logan is a bare-faced liar. Then again, to give a watered down punishment, suggests there may have been some grounds for doubt and therefore he should have been admonished completely. If they lose the appeal, I would hope that Tonev would have his punishment increased and that Celtic would be charged for the costs involved.

ancient hibee
31-10-2014, 04:53 PM
As one of them is a bare faced liar he's bound to support his own player.

NAE NOOKIE
31-10-2014, 06:08 PM
That's more than our fans said when it happened here. "One of our own".

Theres no such thing as the race of refugees mate. What LG did was to show prejudice while at the same time showing a depressing lack of knowledge as to what constitutes a refugee, same as every other numbskull who sang that song.

Jonnyboy
31-10-2014, 07:27 PM
Theres no such thing as the race of refugees mate. What LG did was to show prejudice while at the same time showing a depressing lack of knowledge as to what constitutes a refugee, same as every other numbskull who sang that song.

I think ES meant the 'why don't you go home' type statement that LG used on Twitter in responding to a guy with an Asian sounding name

Phil D. Rolls
01-11-2014, 10:01 AM
I think ES meant the 'why don't you go home' type statement that LG used on Twitter in responding to a guy with an Asian sounding name

I didn't know about this. Add in his jealous tweet about Jason Cummings, and I don't see Griffiths as somebody who should get back to Hibs.

Jim44
06-11-2014, 08:24 AM
Thought I'd bump this thread back up as Celtic appear to want to hog the media headlines by declaring, to a man, Tonev's innocence. If their appeal is upheld and Tonev's ban is removed, will Logan be charged with lying and bringing the game into disrepute? By the same token, if the ban stays, should Celtic be punished for prolonging the issue and protesting too loudly?

HappyAsHellas
06-11-2014, 08:31 AM
The Bulgarian F.A. are getting involved in this as well, practically calling the S.F.A. a mickey mouse court as there were no witness statements taken into consideration. I don't know how or where they got this information, but if it turns out to be true the S.F.A. will look a right bunch of clowns.

greenginger
06-11-2014, 08:42 AM
The Bulgarian F.A. are getting involved in this as well, practically calling the S.F.A. a mickey mouse court as there were no witness statements taken into consideration. I don't know how or where they got this information, but if it turns out to be true the S.F.A. will look a right bunch of clowns.

I think they will have asked Tonev for his side of the events before they weighed in.

EH6 Hibby
06-11-2014, 12:59 PM

He may have been referring to that, I don't know, but I can't remember anyone on here defending LG after that.

blackpoolhibs
06-11-2014, 01:10 PM

Outrageous accusation. :wink:

PatHead
06-11-2014, 01:22 PM
A Celtic supporter told me that Police Scotland investigated and found no case to answer. Does anyone know if this is the case?

If so it is strange for SFA to be able to find him guilty on minimal evidence. Think this will go on and on.

silverhibee
06-11-2014, 02:52 PM
A Celtic supporter told me that Police Scotland investigated and found no case to answer. Does anyone know if this is the case?

If so it is strange for SFA to be able to find him guilty on minimal evidence. Think this will go on and on.

Pretty sure if Scottish Police had got involved we would have heard something through the press about them investigating the matter.

Celtc supporter would say that mind you, they are always the victims in everything that happens with there club.

I just hope that Scottish Police deal with the semi-final between the Glasgow bigots like they have with other games this season, the heavy handed approach they have used on Hibs Motherwell and Hamilton fans where they have just piled in and arrested folk for so called bad behaviour at games, twitching and looking nervous could get you locked up for the night if your a Hibs fan, just hope Scottish Police will be fair and pile in to the bigots to sort them out if there is any naughtiness at this game.