PDA

View Full Version : Griffiths

Number69
30-10-2014, 12:30 PM
Why is he kissing the Celtic badge?

http://s1232.photobucket.com/user/chapstick9/media/e6b51fd6bfa1469103927aab98e0a0fd_zps9df1be91.jpg.h tml

HIBERNIAN-0762
30-10-2014, 12:32 PM
Link doesn't work

lord bunberry
30-10-2014, 12:32 PM
Because he knows what side his breads buttered.

Nutmegged
30-10-2014, 12:34 PM
Because he's desperate to stay at Celtic and make a real go of it, fair play to him I say, probably his only real chance to win honours and have a crack at the Chamoions League, his attitude while being out of their team has been fantastic and should be an example to all prima donna's who throw their toys out the pram

khib70
30-10-2014, 02:55 PM

http://s1232.photobucket.com/user/chapstick9/media/e6b51fd6bfa1469103927aab98e0a0fd_zps9df1be91.jpg.h tml
He's a Celtic player. Get over it and move on

DarrenSQH
30-10-2014, 02:58 PM

Everyone knows hes still a hibee. He is probably just trying to get the fans onside.

He was tweeting about hibs on sunday.

SaulGoodman
30-10-2014, 04:00 PM
Everyone knows hes still a hibee. He is probably just trying to get the fans onside.

He was tweeting about hibs on sunday.

If I played for Celtic I wouldn't go near kissing that rotten manky badge, especially after being dropped from the squad and abused by the fans.

Bit weird if you ask me.

Hibby70
30-10-2014, 04:48 PM
He's actually trying to lick the Magners transfer

Number69
30-10-2014, 05:27 PM
He's a Celtic player. Get over it and move on

I'm over it, I asked question, where's your problem? Maybe you should be the one who moves on?

Bostonhibby
30-10-2014, 05:30 PM
He's probably trying to win over the celtc minded. A bit like a fish riding a bicycle.

Pretty sure Deek never kissed their badge so maybe its not compulsory?

Number69
30-10-2014, 05:30 PM
He's probably trying to win over the celtc minded. A bit like a fish riding a bicycle.

Deek 100% did.

LioNeilMessi
30-10-2014, 05:34 PM
I'm over it, I asked question, where's your problem? Maybe you should be the one who moves on?

I think you should really move on mate :na na:

There won't be any fresh "Griffiths to Hibs" rumours until January anyway so I wouldn't get upset about him kissing the (Celtic) badge.

Bostonhibby
30-10-2014, 05:34 PM
Deek 100% did.

My memory's not what it was then. I am sure he was quoted, or misquoted somewhere, as saying he kissed the Hibs badge because he supported Hibs, why would he do another?

Generally pretty meaningless in most cases given that very few players have any other connections to their clubs other than the contracts they've signed.

Carheenlea
30-10-2014, 05:37 PM
The sooner we all understand that professional football players will never be fans in the way we are the better.

If Leigh Griffiths is not wearing a Hibs strip I`m not that bothered about what he does.

Bronson
30-10-2014, 06:00 PM
I was disappointed to see it, I won't lie. That club and it's rotten support have treated him like a dog since he signed.

Heisenberg
30-10-2014, 06:15 PM
Griffiths is utterly desperate to succeed at Celtc and as shown by this gesture he'll do anything to make it happen. Dirty wee Celtc loving ****er that he is :sick:

Bleeds green
30-10-2014, 06:19 PM
My memory's not what it was then. I am sure he was quoted, or misquoted somewhere, as saying he kissed the Hibs badge because he supported Hibs, why would he do another?

Generally pretty meaningless in most cases given that very few players have any other connections to their clubs other than the contracts they've signed.

Riordan definitely DID

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CRAZYHIBBY
30-10-2014, 06:23 PM
Riordan definitely DID

Deek said he didnt

Scottie
30-10-2014, 06:36 PM
If I played for Celtic I wouldn't go near kissing that rotten manky badge, especially after being dropped from the squad and abused by the fans.

Bit weird if you ask me.
LG is the same as every other footballer out there. He's For the club that pays him the most wages.

If Hibs could have afforded him he'd be kissing oor badge but he'll be kissing Bolton badges next January.

Number69
30-10-2014, 06:56 PM
I think you should really move on mate :na na:

There won't be any fresh "Griffiths to Hibs" rumours until January anyway so I wouldn't get upset about him kissing the (Celtic) badge.

What am I to move on from exactly?

When did I once mention him coming back?

Worst troll ever ;)

SaulGoodman
30-10-2014, 06:58 PM
LG is the same as every other footballer out there. He's For the club that pays him the most wages.

If Hibs could have afforded him he'd be kissing oor badge but he'll be kissing Bolton badges next January.

Celtic could pay me 100 grand a week it doesn't mean I have to kiss their manky badge, especially seeing as I'm a Hibs fan.

lord bunberry
30-10-2014, 07:04 PM
Celtic could pay me 100 grand a week it doesn't mean I have to kiss their manky badge, especially seeing as I'm a Hibs fan.

If Celtic paid me 100k a week I'd marry the badge

Scottie
30-10-2014, 07:07 PM
Maybe LG has amnesia and can't remember he dosen't play for us anymore. :dunno:

I'm with you 100% on this i wouldn't put any part of my anatomy near a Sellick shirt never mind kissing it but it has brought to our attention that LG maybe just isn't what we all thought of him as 'One of our OWN' :rolleyes:

Sir David Gray
30-10-2014, 07:13 PM
That photo gives me the boak. :sick:

I'm not entirely surprised though.

NadeAteMyLunch!
30-10-2014, 07:17 PM
I'm Leigh's biggest fan, but that is absolutely pathetic behaviour from him. Fair enough that he plays for Celtic, fair enough to be delighted at scoring but kissing the badge? Nah, that's cringe worthy stuff. Especially with the way he's been treated by the club and fans.
I'd happily play for Celtic if I was a professional, or any team that wanted to offer me a decent wage but there's only one badge I would ever kiss. Can't see how/why any real fan would feel any differently? Strange behaviour

Sir David Gray
30-10-2014, 07:19 PM
I'm Leigh's biggest fan, but that is absolutely pathetic behaviour from him. Fair enough that he plays for Celtic, fair enough to be delighted at scoring but kissing the badge? Nah, that's cringe worthy stuff. Especially with the way he's been treated by the club and fans.
I'd happily play for Celtic if I was a professional, or any team that wanted to offer me a decent wage but there's only one badge I would ever kiss. Can't see how/why any real fan would feel any differently? Strange behaviour

No thanks.

Hibernia&Alba
30-10-2014, 07:23 PM
It's just an act of celebration; a message that he's happy there, and no big deal. If Celtic want to pay me the same money as Sparky, I'll kiss their badge all day :-D

Shameless mercenary Hibby :-p

weonlywon6-2
30-10-2014, 07:24 PM

Id kiss it for a hundred grand,i bet you have kissed things in your life,didnt mean you loved it !!!

30-10-2014, 07:24 PM
Don't get why he's tryna suck up to that mob after getting dogs abuse from them.

GreenLake
30-10-2014, 07:26 PM
Id kiss it for a hundred grand,i bet you have kissed things in your life,didnt mean you loved it !!!

I would kiss the bum of a skunk for a hundred grand. :greengrin

weonlywon6-2
30-10-2014, 07:27 PM
Don't get why he's tryna suck up to that mob after getting dogs abuse from them.

He probably doesnt have a choice with that lot

silverhibee
30-10-2014, 07:27 PM

Can't ever remember Deek kissing the plastic badge for the soap dodgers.

He certainly kissed the Hibs badge as that is the team he supports and he lived the dream.

30-10-2014, 07:29 PM
He probably doesnt have a choice with that lot

Playing and scoring for them and shutting his haters up - fair enough but a bit cringey kissing the badge to try get in the good books.

NadeAteMyLunch!
30-10-2014, 07:35 PM
No thanks.

Would obviously far rather play for Hibs but anyone that says they would rather do their 9-5 than play for Celtic is clearly lying, or mental.

SaulGoodman
30-10-2014, 07:37 PM
Playing and scoring for them and shutting his haters up - fair enough but a bit cringey kissing the badge to try get in the good books.

He'll be dropped next league game.

weonlywon6-2
30-10-2014, 07:48 PM
He'll be dropped next league game.

Yeah most likely.With the other pair scoring now hes in the background again with stokes

MSK
30-10-2014, 07:50 PM

Deek 100% did.

Riordan definitely DID

Deek said he didnt

Can't ever remember Deek kissing the plastic badge for the soap dodgers.

He certainly kissed the Hibs badge as that is the team he supports and he lived the dream.From BBC quote in 2008...Striker Derek Riordan has said the Hibernian badge is the only one he'll ever kiss, referring his gesture after scoring against Aberdeen in the SPL.

The Easter Road favourite returned from Celtic in the summer transfer window and has now netted three times for the Edinburgh club in as many games.

"I always kiss the Hibs badge, I'm a fan so I wouldn't kiss any other," Riordan told the Hibs website.

I believe him ..:agree:

Sir David Gray
30-10-2014, 07:56 PM
Would obviously far rather play for Hibs but anyone that says they would rather do their 9-5 than play for Celtic is clearly lying, or mental.

I must be mental then.

NadeAteMyLunch!
30-10-2014, 07:57 PM
I must be mental then.

Haha fair enough mate

NadeAteMyLunch!
30-10-2014, 08:00 PM
From BBC quote in 2008...Striker Derek Riordan has said the Hibernian badge is the only one he'll ever kiss, referring his gesture after scoring against Aberdeen in the SPL.

The Easter Road favourite returned from Celtic in the summer transfer window and has now netted three times for the Edinburgh club in as many games.

"I always kiss the Hibs badge, I'm a fan so I wouldn't kiss any other," Riordan told the Hibs website.

Agreed. I certainly don't remember him kissing the Celtic badge, nor do I think he would ever have been silly enough to do so

trev the hat
30-10-2014, 08:15 PM
If Leigh Griffiths is not wearing a Hibs strip I`m not that bothered about what he does.

This

silverhibee
30-10-2014, 08:28 PM
From BBC quote in 2008...Striker Derek Riordan has said the Hibernian badge is the only one he'll ever kiss, referring his gesture after scoring against Aberdeen in the SPL.

Just had a wee look at his goals for celtc on a DVD that was made up for him and at no point does he ever kiss the celtc badge, for most celebrations he just puts his arm in the air and that's about it, one game against St Mirren he scores a late winner and it looked like the only goal that meant something to him, he grabs and pulls the top and then jumps on the big dutch guy (JVOH) who set him up and gives him a big cuddle, so no he didn't kiss there badge.

Next folk will be saying he jumped in to the celtc crowd at ER when he scored against Hibs to celebrate with the soap dodgers. :wink:

I can understand Griffiths trying to get on the right side of the fans at his club just now, he has a long contract with them and he will hope to prove that he can make it there, if he does that he gets a big move down South maybe, he has made it clear he is a Hibs fan so no way should he be kissing that badge, not nice to see from him, has he sold his soul and is now celtc minded. :cb

Can't even remember if Scott Brown has committed this disgusting act.

silverhibee
30-10-2014, 08:38 PM
I must be mental then.

Don't take this the wrong way but if you had made it as a pro footballer your out look on things would be a lot different and if celtc came calling for your services you would find it very hard to turn down.

Loads of players go down South to play there football but will never win anything and never get a chance to play European football, Scott Brown as an example, gets pay'd a fortune to play for them, wins leagues and cups every season and gets to walk out his team as captain against some of the biggest and best teams in Europe and Champions League football, he could sign for Spurs and never see any of that what he had at celtc.

I doubt he will have any regrets about signing for celtc and he will be able to look back on his career and not just have a good bank balance but a trophy cabinet to be proud of as well. :aok:

Sir David Gray
30-10-2014, 08:48 PM
Don't take this the wrong way but if you had made it as a pro footballer your out look on things would be a lot different and if celtc came calling for your services you would find it very hard to turn down.

Loads of players go down South to play there football but will never win anything and never get a chance to play European football, Scott Brown as an example, gets pay'd a fortune to play for them, wins leagues and cups every season and gets to walk out his team as captain against some of the biggest and best teams in Europe and Champions League football, he could sign for Spurs and never see any of that what he had at celtc.

I doubt he will have any regrets about signing for celtc and he will be able to look back on his career and not just have a good bank balance but a trophy cabinet to be proud of as well. :aok:

The way I see this discussion every time it's brought up is that if I was good enough to play for Celtic then I would be good enough to play for a decent team in England and, if I had the option, I would choose the English team every time.

I understand what you're saying about winning trophies etc but I don't know if that would mean all that much to me, considering the lack of competition that they have in Scotland, particularly since the departure of Rangers (RIP).

The Champions League experience would be nice but I honestly don't think I could play for Celtic and play in front of all these clowns at Parkhead every other week.

One Day
30-10-2014, 09:03 PM
Riordan definitely DID

I would say definitely did not. remember him grabbing the badge in his hand but not kissing it

3pm
30-10-2014, 09:03 PM
Just a job for them. I'd play for Celtic for £8K a week.

One Day
30-10-2014, 09:05 PM
Deek said he didnt

that's good enough for me

snooky
30-10-2014, 09:12 PM
I'd rather kiss a badger than an other team's badge.

lord bunberry
30-10-2014, 09:18 PM
I'd rather kiss a badger than an other team's badge.

What about a sheriff's badge

snooky
30-10-2014, 09:20 PM
What about a sheriff's badge

You're a star, man :wink:

lord bunberry
30-10-2014, 09:24 PM
You're a star, man :wink:

:greengrin

SaulGoodman
30-10-2014, 09:24 PM
Just a job for them. I'd play for Celtic for £8K a week.

So would I. Wouldn't feel the need to kiss the badge though.

silverhibee
30-10-2014, 09:28 PM

You only love one football team, if you get the chance to play for that team then there is no problem in kissing that badge, it's the team you support, now i would happily sign for celtc for 100k p/w but no way would i kiss there stinking f***ing badge, no chance at all, i would celebrate but no chance would that badge go near my mouth.

Stokesy's on fire
30-10-2014, 09:35 PM
It's just an act of celebration; a message that he's happy there, and no big deal. If Celtic want to pay me the same money as Sparky, I'll kiss their badge all day :-D

Shameless mercenary Hibby :-p

If you ever make it into the celtic team then buy some decent mouth wash.

:wink:

Swedish hibee
30-10-2014, 09:37 PM
So would I. Wouldn't feel the need to kiss the badge though.

:agree:

Stokesy's on fire
30-10-2014, 09:38 PM
Did Derek The Goal Machine Riordan ever kiss the Celtic badge?? I don't think he did? I think LG kissing the Celtic badge is pretty poor but typical of football these days. But yet the Celtic fans expect him to be a celt on and off the field so he's clearly trying.

InterviewLoI
30-10-2014, 09:57 PM
Anyone else think he may have been taking the piss? After all the abuse he got for not "being a Celt off the park" he could be making a tongue in cheek gesture.

I know, big time grasping at straws :P

sleeping giant
30-10-2014, 10:00 PM
Next folk will be saying he jumped in to the celtc crowd at ER when he scored against Hibs to celebrate with the soap dodgers. :wink:

:faf:

We've had this discussion before :greengrin

givescotlandfreedom
30-10-2014, 10:11 PM

He's a mercenary.

snedzuk
30-10-2014, 10:18 PM
next time we play Celtic we could sew their badges into the back of our shorts and IF they manage to score, we can offer up some alternative badge kissing?

Pete
30-10-2014, 10:30 PM
Hibs/Celtic...Both sons of Ireland so does it really matter?

silverhibee
30-10-2014, 10:37 PM

:thumbsup:

Chatbox miss you. :greengrin

The Green Goblin
30-10-2014, 10:39 PM

Yup. Something to do with momentum carrying him or something? I forget.

SaulGoodman
30-10-2014, 10:56 PM
Hibs/Celtic...Both sons of Ireland so does it really matter?

Paging Glorious St Pat

Waxy
31-10-2014, 12:21 AM
Anyone else think he may have been taking the piss? After all the abuse he got for not "being a Celt off the park" he could be making a tongue in cheek gesture.

I know, big time grasping at straws :PNo. Once he loved us, but now he loves someone else.

southern hibby
31-10-2014, 07:33 AM

This is very very true. For example the wife. Except her solicitor would try and get her the hundred grand.

GGTTH

Glorious St Pat
31-10-2014, 07:42 AM
Paging Glorious St Pat

Hi

No getting involved

WeeRussell
31-10-2014, 12:58 PM
Hi

No getting involved

:partyhibb

weonlywon6-2
31-10-2014, 08:37 PM
This is very very true. For example the wife. Except her solicitor would try and get her the hundred grand.

GGTTH

Haha,so true !!!

Iggy Pope
31-10-2014, 08:46 PM
The way I see this discussion every time it's brought up is that if I was good enough to play for Celtic then I would be good enough to play for a decent team in England and, if I had the option, I would choose the English team every time.

I understand what you're saying about winning trophies etc but I don't know if that would mean all that much to me, considering the lack of competition that they have in Scotland, particularly since the departure of Rangers (RIP).

The Champions League experience would be nice but I honestly don't think I could play for Celtic and play in front of all these clowns at Parkhead every other week.

Ronnie Simpson. Pat Stanton. Pat McGinlay. John Collins. Darren Jackson. Scott Brown. Derek Riordan. Some of our best ever in there. Have to agree with you on this one. You're mental.

Sir David Gray
31-10-2014, 10:20 PM
Ronnie Simpson. Pat Stanton. Pat McGinlay. John Collins. Darren Jackson. Scott Brown. Derek Riordan. Some of our best ever in there. Have to agree with you on this one. You're mental.

That's one of the nicest things you've ever said about me. :aok:

hibsmad
31-10-2014, 11:42 PM
That's one of the nicest things you've ever said about me. :aok:

For what it's worth I agree with you. Would much rather play for an average English side than those *******s.

I think its mental that you are being called mental.

R11Loaded
01-11-2014, 03:59 AM
Tesco pay my wage and in a charity game vs Dalkeith tesco one of their players kissed the badge after deflecting a shot in and I've never been more embarrassed.

I grew up an ASDA fan and I'll die an ASDA fan

Class doesn't show on a maroon jersey

Iggy Pope
01-11-2014, 10:50 AM
For what it's worth I agree with you. Would much rather play for an average English side than those *******s.

I think its mental that you are being called mental.

He called himself mental, so it's not all that mental.

It's mental that no big clubs have come in yet for all the stars on here considering their next moves though :wink:

Bishop Hibee
01-11-2014, 11:33 AM
I don't think Griffiths has been too fussy what he's kissed in the past but if ever the word 'cringeworthy' should be used its for this. Kiss the badge of the team you support and no other.

Smartie
01-11-2014, 03:46 PM
I think the pinnacle of club football always has to be European competition - just see what some of our nights in the UEFA cup were like.

I'm no fan of Celtic whatsoever but I can see why players would prefer to pick up loads of medals (meaningless as they may be) and have a chance of playing in European nights at Parkhead and away in some of the finest arenas in Europe to going to play in England.

It's a horrible indictment of the state of the Scottish game that a move to Burnley or Swansea could be considered such a step up from that.

Septimus
01-11-2014, 04:14 PM
I would be mildly concerned if the badge kissed him back.

Gmack7
01-11-2014, 04:24 PM
is he playing today

NadeAteMyLunch!
01-11-2014, 04:24 PM
is he playing today

On the bench. Again

Sir David Gray
01-11-2014, 04:25 PM
is he playing today

Nope, on the bench.

SaulGoodman
01-11-2014, 05:08 PM
Kissing the badge worked wonders for him then eh? Erse.

kaimendhibs
01-11-2014, 05:50 PM
Yuk, wtf

chrisski33
01-11-2014, 06:05 PM

Maybe send him a tweet if hes still on twitter amd ask.him then??

hibsbollah
01-11-2014, 06:18 PM
Badgekissing is becoming embarassing. Every multimillionaire footballer that moves to a big club seems to do it. You know when a goal REALLY means something to a player by looking at his face (Marco Tardelli, Sauzee running the length of the pitch et al).

silverhibee
01-11-2014, 06:53 PM
Maybe send him a tweet if hes still on twitter amd ask.him then??

Yeah he is still on twitter.

"what a Saturday, 3 points and them in the semi finals"

#carlsbergsaturdays

:rolleyes:

keep the faith
01-11-2014, 07:21 PM

#carlsbergsaturdays

Trying so hard to gain acceptance that it's embarrassing.

stoneyburn hibs
01-11-2014, 07:58 PM
Canny say I'm bothered about what he may tweet about his current employers or even kissing their badge. He is and always will be a Hibby.

SaulGoodman
01-11-2014, 08:02 PM

#carlsbergsaturdays

"What a Saturday, watched us win from the bench and will probably be benched against them in the semi-finals

#PlzLoveMe"

MSK
01-11-2014, 08:07 PM

#carlsbergsaturdays

:rolleyes:Carlsberg !!!! the laddie just has nae taste ...:tsk tsk:

heretoday
01-11-2014, 08:08 PM
Who cares about Griffiths? It's time to move on from that stuff.

Scottie
01-11-2014, 08:40 PM

#carlsbergsaturdays

#cringeworthy. :hide:

Swedish hibee
01-11-2014, 08:49 PM

#carlsbergsaturdays

The sad thing is that he'll most likely be flogged in January. They need the money if they want to pay for St John Guidetti.
I hate Rangers full stop but how funny would it be if they stuffed them:faf:

Hermit Crab
02-11-2014, 02:02 PM
#cringeworthy. :hide:

He won't get a game against the Huns anyway.

Onion
02-11-2014, 02:22 PM
The sad thing is that he'll most likely be flogged in January. They need the money if they want to pay for St John Guidetti.
I hate Rangers full stop but how funny would it be if they stuffed them:faf:

:agree: A Sevco win or a 10-0 drubbing would be nice, maybe with a few red cards thrown in for good measure. Always feel a bit cheated when they draw :greengrin