View Full Version : BBC Highlights from last night

Ajo
30-10-2014, 10:09 AM
Anyone know if there are any highlights of the game last night?

big-mo
30-10-2014, 10:16 AM
Anyone know if there are any highlights of the game last night?

There were plenty of cameras there last night so the highlights of the game should be on somewhere, more than just the goals on the news.

30-10-2014, 10:57 AM
There were plenty of cameras there last night so the highlights of the game should be on somewhere, more than just the goals on the news.

Highlights now available at the link below but, for some reason, they appear to have forgotten to include Cummings' goal. :confused:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29718350

Green&White
30-10-2014, 10:59 AM
bbc highlights link below.

thing is they completely miss out our second goal. i thought we went 3-1 down based on the highlights. :grr:

Hibs History
30-10-2014, 11:21 AM
Highlights now available at the link below but, for some reason, they appear to have forgotten to include Cummings' goal. :confused:

I want to say I'm surprised but.....:rolleyes:

30-10-2014, 11:22 AM

I kept going back stage by stage to try and see if I had missed the goal but no, they have left it out completely

30-10-2014, 11:25 AM
It would appear the excitement was too much for the highlights' editor. Multiple replays of GMS hurting his foot but no sign of the great goal from Cummings!!

30-10-2014, 11:27 AM
Our best goal of the night FFS :grr:

30-10-2014, 11:53 AM
Our best goal of the night FFS :grr:
Yep. What is the point of showing highlights if they don't show all the goals? Unless they didn't think the 2nd Hibs goal was a highlight!!

30-10-2014, 12:02 PM
Unless they didn't think the 2nd Hibs goal was a highlight!!

Wouldn't surprise me.

Thought Oldtimers Disease was kicking in there for a mo'.

libernian
30-10-2014, 12:10 PM
bbc highlights link below.

thing is they completely miss out our second goal. i thought we went 3-1 down based on the highlights. :grr:

i thought i was imagining that so glad someone else noticed!

30-10-2014, 12:26 PM
pretty poor from the bbc but should we expect anything less?

30-10-2014, 12:27 PM
I coudn't make the game last night so was stuck with their radio coverage, it sounded like a bunch of aulder guys having a chat down the boozer than coverage of a football match.

30-10-2014, 12:31 PM
Can only be incompetence, it's not like they were short of time or anything. Showed plenty of missed chances and other incidents.

30-10-2014, 12:44 PM
Yep, pretty bizarre highlighting! Aside from the total omission of Cummings' goal... they decided to chuck in another replay of Allan's tackle on GMS later in the game, and also player cam on Lewis.. after Cummings missed a chance.. and other generally unusual sequences.

Editor pished maybe? :rolleyes:

30-10-2014, 01:43 PM
I tried complaining on their feedback page and it took me to a page that said site no longer available. WTF do they do with our license fee?

30-10-2014, 01:45 PM
Pathetic effort from the bbc as per

30-10-2014, 02:01 PM
Not available anymore I did watch it earlier. Maybe getting edited again as the missed a goal

Last Minute
30-10-2014, 02:06 PM
Just sent a complaint online to them :aok:

IrnBru22
30-10-2014, 02:17 PM
Not available anymore I did watch it earlier. Maybe getting edited again as the missed a goal

I just watched it again, still doesn't have Cummings' goal.

30-10-2014, 03:08 PM
Being pretty unfair here people. The editing /cameraman mistake I am sure could easily have happened if Cellic or The Rangers had been playing.

30-10-2014, 03:09 PM
BBC :faf:

Pathetic broadcasting company.

30-10-2014, 03:16 PM
Video is back now, it's about a minute longer so I assume they've added the missing goal. Let's have a look…

30-10-2014, 03:22 PM
Video is back now, it's about a minute longer so I assume they've added the missing goal. Let's have a look…

Nope. Now shows Kennedy's goal twice. :hilarious

Utter cretins.

30-10-2014, 03:23 PM
Nope. Now shows Kennedy's goal twice. :hilarious

Utter cretins.

That's unbelievable :hilarious

30-10-2014, 03:24 PM

Nah, they've now got Matty scoring a brace :faf:

30-10-2014, 03:25 PM
Nah, they've now got Matty scoring a brace :faf:

United must be questioning the keeper getting done twice with the same shot…

30-10-2014, 03:35 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/29828473?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

30-10-2014, 03:35 PM
Ian brown called it right. The bbc are a bunch of ****ing amateurs.

30-10-2014, 03:43 PM
Haha! You couldn't make this **** up!

30-10-2014, 04:14 PM
Unreal lol

30-10-2014, 04:49 PM
Bet they don't show it on Reporting Scotland either. Their tv coverage is as bad as their radio coverage of Hibs, at least they're consistent...

30-10-2014, 05:21 PM
Just checked the BBC website, it looks like the 'highlights' have been removed, the Celtic v Thistle game's on instead...

30-10-2014, 05:36 PM
Just checked the BBC website, it looks like the 'highlights' have been removed, the Celtic v Thistle game's on instead...

The double-Kennedy version is still here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/29828473

But the video has been removed from the match report page (again): http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29718350

Bloody goal better be worth the wait. :grr:

30-10-2014, 06:59 PM
Why was there so many cameras there last night and the eletronic ad board which are normally only there when a game is live

30-10-2014, 07:02 PM
Is there no YouTube highlights yet

30-10-2014, 08:14 PM
Why was there so many cameras there last night and the eletronic ad board which are normally only there when a game is live

Electronic boards are there every week now for some reason

pedroorange1875
30-10-2014, 08:18 PM
Its the standard at the BBC, i sent a feedback complaint to them via their site and on link in their own site that when pressed says "this site no longer exists" the soon they get rid of the license fee for this shambolic morally corrupt organisation the better

30-10-2014, 08:20 PM
Its the standard at the BBC, i sent a feedback complaint to them via their site and on link in their own site that when pressed says "this site no longer exists" the soon they get rid of the license fee for this shambolic morally corrupt organisation the better

Couldn't possibly disagree more.

pedroorange1875
30-10-2014, 08:35 PM
Couldn't possibly disagree more.

Try the link then on their own site, its exactly what it does, whether you disagree or not

30-10-2014, 09:16 PM
They're just a branch office of London. Suck it up. Lucky we get colour in Scotland ;-)

30-10-2014, 09:16 PM
Nothing worse than making a cock up of correcting a cock up.

:slipper:

30-10-2014, 09:55 PM
Is there highlights on HTV?

30-10-2014, 10:55 PM
That is shameful. Nobody check it before they uploaded it?!

30-10-2014, 11:10 PM

fixed now

30-10-2014, 11:58 PM
From a dog's dinner set of highlights to the most comprehensive highlights of a Hibs game ever on the BBC website! Utd had their chances but we had the better ones and should have won it in normal time. Poor defending especially from Gray for their third. He had a good game apart from that. The extensive highlights show what a great game it was.

31-10-2014, 12:16 AM
pretty poor from the bbc but should we expect anything less?are you somehow insinuating that the BBC are in anyway biased. ?

31-10-2014, 12:31 AM
you don't have to pay for a licence. lots of scots wont. just say that you don't watch it anymore, and you are sky/virgin/whatseverits name etc. many people in this country are totally scunnered by their (bbc's) performance over the referendum, and many on here continually complain about open mics tits, so called sports commentators, editors etc and yet it still goes on. we also have wee fat m/well fans at the end of a mic, and big fat Airdrie fans at the end o' a mic still getting an airing and also being paid from BBC sportsound, along with that tit from st.Johnston/Aberdeen or whoever he is, still getting onto the radio. It dis ma heid in, that these cretins are actually getting free meal tickets and paid by our licences!!!!!!!!

31-10-2014, 05:43 AM
you don't have to pay for a licence. lots of scots wont. just say that you don't watch it anymore, and you are sky/virgin/whatseverits name etc. It's not a BBC licence. It's a TV licence. You need a TV licence to watch TV, regardless of whether you choose to watch BBC or not.

http://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/check-if-you-need-one?WT.ac=home_plt_check

The Baldmans Comb
31-10-2014, 06:44 AM
Oh dear what a shambles but as I don't pay the licence fee(and there is nothing they can do about it) then shouldn't really complain.

31-10-2014, 07:54 AM
It really is the kind of game (not neccesarily result :wink:) that you want to watch every week.

Really was worthy of a much bigger crowd.

31-10-2014, 07:55 AM
you don't have to pay for a licence. lots of scots wont. just say that you don't watch it anymore, and you are sky/virgin/whatseverits name etc. many people in this country are totally scunnered by their (bbc's) performance over the referendum, and many on here continually complain about open mics tits, so called sports commentators, editors etc and yet it still goes on. we also have wee fat m/well fans at the end of a mic, and big fat Airdrie fans at the end o' a mic still getting an airing and also being paid from BBC sportsound, along with that tit from st.Johnston/Aberdeen or whoever he is, still getting onto the radio. It dis ma heid in, that these cretins are actually getting free meal tickets and paid by our licences!!!!!!!!

The BBC is a fantastic service that is a credit to this country.

vercol36
31-10-2014, 08:34 AM
I think we can all agree that the BBC is a wonderful institution, and a credit to our shores........now, can anyone help me hoodwink them by suggesting a good proxy server website or another site where I can watch highlights? I'm getting the 'this video isn't available in your country' malarky.

31-10-2014, 08:52 AM

fixed now

Although oddly the double-Kennedy version has been retained for posterity: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/29828473. (I've hard-refreshed the page, so it's not just cached on my computer or anything like that.)

I say 'oddly', it's not really; it's entirely in keeping with this parade of incompetence.

31-10-2014, 09:08 AM
I want to say I'm surprised but.....:rolleyes:

So do I.

I kept going back stage by stage to try and see if I had missed the goal but no, they have left it out completely

How many times did you have to rewind it before you could be absolutely sure it wasn't there?

31-10-2014, 10:00 AM
can't see any highlights at all? The page has no video on my laptop. It was the same yesterday when you guys were on about the double kennedy goal?!

31-10-2014, 10:17 AM
can't see any highlights at all? The page has no video on my laptop. It was the same yesterday when you guys were on about the double kennedy goal?!

All there including the mysterious disappearing second Hibs goal. Might even put an end to the drama-queenery on this thread, but probably not. :wink:

31-10-2014, 10:17 AM
It's not a BBC licence. It's a TV licence. You need a TV licence to watch TV, regardless of whether you choose to watch BBC or not.

http://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/check-if-you-need-one?WT.ac=home_plt_check
As far as im aware you don't need one unless you actively watch/record TV as its broadcast. If like lots of people, you only use catch up services, gaming or watch DVD's etc then no license is required :agree:

http://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/check-if-you-need-one/topics/how-to-tell-us-you-dont-watch-tv-top12

31-10-2014, 10:42 AM
Right, thanks.
Seems to me to make it pretty unenforceable.

31-10-2014, 10:49 AM

Same with me until I updated Flash Player. It works now.

31-10-2014, 11:43 AM

31-10-2014, 01:00 PM
you don't have to pay for a licence. lots of scots wont. just say that you don't watch it anymore, and you are sky/virgin/whatseverits name etc.

Sky, Virgin and Whatsevertits name all carry the BBC. Aside from that, AFAIK, if you have anything in your house that can receive a live TV signal, whether it's a TV, computer, mobile phone, console etc, you need a licence.

I often don't like the **** my taxes get spent on or the government that I pay them to. It doesn't mean I can just stop paying them though.

31-10-2014, 03:10 PM
Sky, Virgin and Whatsevertits name all carry the BBC. Aside from that, AFAIK, if you have anything in your house that can receive a live TV signal, whether it's a TV, computer, mobile phone, console etc, you need a licence.

I often don't like the **** my taxes get spent on or the government that I pay them to. It doesn't mean I can just stop paying them though.
Watch everything on catch up and you can do exactly that.;-)

31-10-2014, 03:33 PM

I often don't like the **** my taxes get spent on or the government that I pay them to. It doesn't mean I can just stop paying them though. That cannot be right. If I have a smartphone I need a tv licence? :confused: Anyhoo worth the wait. Lovely first touch and cross from Stevenson and great finish from Cummings. Just as I remembered it.

IrnBru22
31-10-2014, 03:42 PM
That cannot be right. If I have a smartphone I need a tv licence? :confused: .

"Despite the name, it is not obligatory to possess a TV licence in the UK if you own a television, nor even for watching BBC programming. A licence is only needed to watch programmes live, or recorded as live. (So you DO need a licence to record something on a Sky+ box or similar and then watch it later.) The BBC iPlayer website (http://iplayerhelp.external.bbc.co.uk/tv/tvlicence)notes that a licence is NOT necessary for watching shows on the catch-up service.Most people now own a device capable of accessing iPlayer or similar catch-up services. Desktop computers, laptops, tablets, mobile phones and “smart” TVs can all use them. (You do NOT need a TV licence to watch iPlayer on your television if you’re only using the catch-up service rather than watching live.) For live news or sport, radio broadcasts do NOT require a TV licence, even if they’re BBC ones."

http://wingsoverscotland.com/enough-is-enough/

31-10-2014, 04:59 PM

This:agree:

pedroorange1875
31-10-2014, 11:55 PM

Hmmm, not sure operation Yewtree and the culture that developed there would agree with that statement, ahhh of course it was the 60/70/80/90's after all....credit indeed

01-11-2014, 12:26 AM
Hmmm, not sure operation Yewtree and the culture that developed there would agree with that statement, ahhh of course it was the 60/70/80/90's after all....credit indeed

BBC Scotland missing Jason's goal to Operation Yewtree :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Deary deary me...........................you my friend have issues :aok:

pedroorange1875
01-11-2014, 03:10 AM
BBC Scotland missing Jason's goal to Operation Yewtree :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Deary deary me...........................you my friend have issues :aok:
yeah your missing the point slightly but thats ok, ill happily have issues with the BBC thanks

01-11-2014, 07:52 AM
yeah your missing the point slightly but thats ok, ill happily have issues with the BBC thanks

Just because the BBC were unfortunate enough to be the employers of Saville does not mean they carry the blame for his behaviour.

I can't stand the quality of the BBC product these days either, but it's best to leave JS et al out of the debate IMO.

Weststandwanab
01-11-2014, 08:01 AM

You are correct.

In the late 70's after the release of Betamax recorders the Telegraphy Act 1956was amended so that ay piece of equipment "capable of receiving
a Television signal" required to be licenced.

Green&White
01-11-2014, 08:12 AM
Have a wee look online, Facebook etc for active resistance to the tv licence. Seems a hell of alot of people are no longer paying it. Apparently under European law it's illegal to charge for a public service when they receive funding from elsewhere (which apparently the bbc do). It's a scandalous amount of money for what u get. I've got 2 mates who haven't paid it for months and have never even got a letter. only reason my house pays it is because my wife has a panic attack when I mention not paying it. So she pays it as I refuse to.

01-11-2014, 08:19 AM

Deary me.

01-11-2014, 08:09 PM
Have a wee look online, Facebook etc for active resistance to the tv licence. Seems a hell of alot of people are no longer paying it. Apparently under European law it's illegal to charge for a public service when they receive funding from elsewhere (which apparently the bbc do). It's a scandalous amount of money for what u get. I've got 2 mates who haven't paid it for months and have never even got a letter. only reason my house pays it is because my wife has a panic attack when I mention not paying it. So she pays it as I refuse to.

Can I ask if you pay for Sky, BT or some other service or do you receive all your broadcasting illegally? Despite competition from other broadcasters the BBC's output is pretty phenomenal. If everyone stopped paying just imagine how poor that service would actually become.

02-11-2014, 10:32 PM
The BBC is not perfect but is still one of the few organisations to produce high quality output on a consistent basis and to resist the grinding pressure to dumb down all forms of entertainment and news IMHO.

BBC news and current affairs is highly respected throughout the world and I dread the day it ever becomes like ITN where any story about the Royal Family is always the headline story followed by all other news such as war, famine or pestilence :bitchy:

Long live the TV Licence. I just wish it were possible to exclude all other channels from my tv.

03-11-2014, 08:35 AM
So do I.

How many times did you have to rewind it before you could be absolutely sure it wasn't there?

3 :)

03-11-2014, 08:53 AM
It's now a slightly misleading thread title to say the least. :greengrin

I opened it up expecting to read the usual Sportscene slagging posts but nah, not one post about last night's program.

03-11-2014, 09:14 AM
The TV licence is an absolute bargain as far as I'm concerned. I think a lot of people underestimate the value that an institution such as the BBC brings to culture and society. It's not perfect, and the coverage of Scottish football is pretty terrible, but personally I'm very glad its there.

03-11-2014, 10:21 AM
The TV licence is an absolute bargain as far as I'm concerned. I think a lot of people underestimate the value that an institution such as the BBC brings to culture and society. It's not perfect, and the coverage of Scottish football is pretty terrible, but personally I'm very glad its there.

Yup, if people want a staple diet of Sky TV and Capital Radio then stopping TV licence fee payments is a great way to get there.

03-11-2014, 11:31 AM

Life Stories alone is worth the licence fee. I don't look to the bbc for news coverage though.