PDA

View Full Version : Penalty claims

Booked4Being-Ugly
30-10-2014, 12:05 AM
What were peoples thoughts on both penalty shouts? I thought there was contact with the UTD player, but he was looking for the pen and the contact was minimal.

I thought Cummings was brought down but never had the best angle In the East.

Sprouleflyer
30-10-2014, 12:11 AM
Have to agree with you about the Utd penalty, was always looking to go down at first point of contact....seen them given before, but for me, not a penalty. Re Cummings, again he was waiting or expecting contact, my feelings are, he was playing for a penalty and when the challenge finally came, he took a dive, not a penalty for me.

greenlex
30-10-2014, 02:12 AM
You can tell by the players reactions. It's usually a good indicator. The Utd claim might have been legitimate but gbe way he threw himself to the ground did him no favours.

GreenLake
30-10-2014, 02:20 AM
One of them I didn't think was a penalty (Allan I think). There was contact but he was already out of control and it just didn't look like one. Allan was blowing past their midfielders in quite beautiful bursts of pace and changes of step in other parts of the pitch. he is going to be a big player for us if we can keep him. With McGeouch alongside Allan, we would have hammered them.