PDA

View Full Version : The fans tonight

weonlywon6-2
29-10-2014, 11:55 PM
Would just like to praise the fans in the east tonight for singing almost the entire game,well done guys and girls,it really does make such a difference

Jonnyboy
29-10-2014, 11:56 PM
Would just like to praise the fans in the east tonight for singing almost the entire game,well done guys and girls,it really does make such a difference

Fantastic effort and a fantastic, positive atmosphere but as others have said it's a pity there were not more Hibbies present to witness a cracking display :agree:

ano hibby
29-10-2014, 11:59 PM
Yes well done you guys created an excellent atmosphere.
Completely out sung a very big but very quiet United support.

H18S NX
30-10-2014, 12:04 AM
Fantastic effort and a fantastic, positive atmosphere but as others have said it's a pity there were not more Hibbies present to witness a cracking display :agree:.....Proud of the team,Proud of the support,but,how bloody cauld was it tonight?

gordieboy
30-10-2014, 12:23 AM
Did Utd have much of a support tonight?

Del Boy
30-10-2014, 12:24 AM
United had a big support but pretty quiet

Saturday Boy
30-10-2014, 12:26 AM
.....Proud of the team,Proud of the support,but,how bloody cauld was it tonight?

The secret is layers. I had so many layers on, I had to do a striptease to get into my car after the game, but I wasn't cold during it. Too exciting to be cold!

HibbiesandtheBaddies
30-10-2014, 12:28 AM
Did Utd have much of a support tonight?

Aye, couple of thousand.

None of the miserable boogers clapped the Hibs lassies after their 10 second challenge though :grr:

LaMotta
30-10-2014, 12:30 AM
Aye, couple of thousand.

None of the miserable boogers clapped the Hibs lassies after their 10 second challenge though :grr:

Biggest united support ive ever seen at ER.

hibbiedon
30-10-2014, 12:32 AM
Top marks to the fans, far more positive, much prefer that to the terry butcher style of support of telling players they are rubbish

dp00
30-10-2014, 12:37 AM
Excellent that the players got a good reception going off... If we continue to play like that we will do ok this season

Fergos
30-10-2014, 12:41 AM
Great effort from all tonight, everyone playing their part most importantly the team and the drummer and lads continuing to get the songs going, class act and great to be part of.

Beaten tonight but only just.....hopefully the turning point for every one of us Hibbies.

GGTTH

seanshow
30-10-2014, 12:46 AM
Utd 90% filled the bottom tier and maybe a hundred up above

SteveHFC
Atmosphere was brilliant. Really glad i moved over to the East this season.

libernian
well done to dundee united for an impressive turn out

NAE NOOKIE
30-10-2014, 12:53 AM
The fans were great tonight and it doesn't hurt in the slightest that Hibs just never gave up ... if you give the fans something to shout about they will respond in spades, which they did.

Wee tip o' the hat to the Utd fans great turn out from them.

weonlywon6-2
30-10-2014, 06:56 AM
Fantastic effort and a fantastic, positive atmosphere but as others have said it's a pity there were not more Hibbies present to witness a cracking display :agree:

If we play like that more often the fans will come back in decent numbers

hibsbollah
30-10-2014, 07:07 AM
Ive said it before, these days the best atmospheres are when we get lower attendances. I think we have about 12000 who 'think about' going to ER every week. There are 8000 die hards that always go to games, generally support the team, and 4000 others that sometimes attend depending on personal circumstances and how well we're playing. This 4000 is made up of about half who get behind the team and another half who are moaning, torn faced disasters or who sit on their hands all game.

The thing is, these 4000 turning up is the difference between the club breaking even or making a loss.

we are hibs
30-10-2014, 07:29 AM
sounded much more than 6000 hibs fans when we were singing we are hibernian fc before the pens. as loud as ive heard ER this season

ronaldo7
30-10-2014, 07:54 AM
Great support from the fans last night. Special mention to the section 39 stand rattler who got our sections going with many Hibees chants.

HappyAsHellas
30-10-2014, 08:26 AM
Thought the atmosphere was good last night, but a bit disjointed at times. I was in row Z of section 43 and on several occasions we were singing the same song as the guys down the front but the timing was out and so one set would stop. Either way well done to the drummer who's arms must be knackered this morning.

Keith_M
30-10-2014, 08:34 AM
Ive said it before, these days the best atmospheres are when we get lower attendances. I think we have about 12000 who 'think about' going to ER every week. There are 8000 die hards that always go to games, generally support the team, and 4000 others that sometimes attend depending on personal circumstances and how well we're playing. This 4000 is made up of about half who get behind the team and another half who are moaning, torn faced disasters or who sit on their hands all game.

The thing is, these 4000 turning up is the difference between the club breaking even or making a loss.

Maybe the Club could have classes to re-educate these people in how to be a bit more positive. Something involving two bricks and their testi....

Sorry, forgot this was a Family Forum :wink:

khib70
30-10-2014, 09:42 AM
All the fans were magnificent and contributed hugely to what was the best night at ER for a few years. But special hats off to the drummer and his bouncing buddies who created a fantastic atmosphere. It's all helping to bring back the pride in being a Hibee. Take a bow all concerned.:flag:

R11Loaded
30-10-2014, 12:14 PM
Last nights game was the up there with Killie away for how good our fans were at supporting!

Class doesn't show on a maroon jersey

PatHead
30-10-2014, 12:26 PM
Even the guys behind me, who are experts at analysing everything and saying how it could be done better, eventually stopped criticising last night.

BTW I know they are experts because a couple wear those football manager anorak/coats to show how expert they are. Hope they shut up at the next game as well.

khib70
30-10-2014, 02:58 PM
Even the guys behind me, who are experts at analysing everything and saying how it could be done better, eventually stopped criticising last night.

BTW I know they are experts because a couple wear those football manager anorak/coats to show how expert they are. Hope they shut up at the next game as well.
Think you might sit somewhere near me. Either that or there's another set of them at the back of me. You have my sympathies:greengrin

truehibernian
30-10-2014, 03:11 PM
The style of play really helps galvanise the fans - Fenlon was far far too safe a manager, couldn't identify players with pace, and for me, looking back, was out of his depth.

Butcher - players didn't want to play for him, that showed on the pitch and the bench, spirit was non-existent, the general malaise of Malpas and Marsella didn't help........the football, like under Pat, invited opposition to attack and have most of the play.

Stubbs already has shown he can adapt, both formations and style - he has a plan B and C. He is willing to try 4-4-2, 3-5-2.....even throwing caution to the wind and going 4-2-4 on the odd occasion in games. The team looks settled and importantly, can pick itself........how often when you see the 'who will play threads' do you see a settled looking side that not many tinker with ?

Pleasant headaches will come when Forster and Farid are back fit, pleasant headaches exist regards who goes on the bench and who comes on. McGeouch to come back in. Fans leaving games are seeing real promise, youthful football, pace and energy. Last night, what was it, 24 shots at goal and corners in the teens ? Those stats are pretty similar in the league games we have played too.

At the very least fans know that when they go through the turnstiles, the team will be trying to create and score goals - win games instead of being afraid to lose. New guys are scoring goals, Cummings is starting to convert chances.....Malonga knows where the net is every game.

On the pitch, last three games, it's starting to gel - we look a proper team and we look united. Respect from coach to players is reciprocated, respect from coach to fans equally so. No divides. That is what it is all about.

silverhibee
30-10-2014, 04:14 PM
Atmosphere was brilliant. Really glad i moved over to the East this season.

Kept that quiet, i will now hunt you down. :greengrin

silverhibee
30-10-2014, 04:22 PM
If we play like that more often the fans will come back in decent numbers

Don't no about that, i think if we start winning games then fans will come back, right now it's about the result and fans staying away are mostly seeing defeats and draws, once we go on a run of winning games then fans may start to come back.

hibsbollah
30-10-2014, 07:13 PM
Don't no about that, i think if we start winning games then fans will come back, right now it's about the result and fans staying away are mostly seeing defeats and draws, once we go on a run of winning games then fans may start to come back.

Disagree with that. We were midtable most of the time under Mowbray but because of the style we played with we were getting 2 or 3 thousand more per game than under comparable seasons under Mixu, Yogi etc. If Stubbs keeps playing it on the deck more fans will come back.

weonlywon6-2
30-10-2014, 07:26 PM

Were kinda saying the same thing here are we not !

emerald green
30-10-2014, 07:32 PM
I agree the Hibs fans were generally excellent again last night. I've posted several times in the fans defence against those who were suggesting it was somehow the fans' fault the club was relegated. Really ridiculous IMHO.

And yes, despite what's on this thread, there are some fans who shout abuse at some player or players. Just have a look at the Alex Harris thread. But they are in the minority. The fans, generally, support the team well. Considering the club was recently relegated it's surely not entirely surprising that there is some criticism voiced from the stands?

Since when did any club get unconditional non stop support from all its supporters all of the time? Name that club.

weonlywon6-2
30-10-2014, 07:35 PM
What are peoples thoughts on the core of the singers being in the lower section of the famous five,on the rare occasion utd sang it was pretty noisey and hibs shooting towards a full bottom section surely has to be a good incentive??

HappyAsHellas
31-10-2014, 02:15 PM
What are peoples thoughts on the core of the singers being in the lower section of the famous five,on the rare occasion utd sang it was pretty noisey and hibs shooting towards a full bottom section surely has to be a good incentive??

The problem with the FF lower is the hospitality suites. If people are standing in the lower then the folks in hospitality can't see the game. This is one of the reasons I asked the club to put the 43 in the FF upper as I'm sure this will still generate more noise. If the FF lower has a lot of kids there, then I'm sure they will join in.

LaMotta
31-10-2014, 05:11 PM

I think it is the by far and away the best idea there is to help improve atmosphere at Easter Road ( apart from the obvious winning games every week :greengrin).

LaMotta
31-10-2014, 05:19 PM
The problem with the FF lower is the hospitality suites. If people are standing in the lower then the folks in hospitality can't see the game. This is one of the reasons I asked the club to put the 43 in the FF upper as I'm sure this will still generate more noise. If the FF lower has a lot of kids there, then I'm sure they will join in.

Putting them in the upper section though would make less of an impact than having them right behind the goal in the lower section. Atmosphere is a visual thing as well as a noise thing - sticking them up there will limit the impact of both - it just won't do what its intended to do and would be a mistake!

Also FF upper is where the padded executive seats are is it not??

You want the most vociferous fans drawing the ball into the net down the slope in the second half - this can only be done from the FF lower :greengrin.