PDA

View Full Version : Dear Leeane Dempster

Northernhibee
29-10-2014, 10:43 PM
Seeing as how Leeane has gotten undeserved stick when we were still turning things about, I think it's only fair that she receives full credit for the systems we're seeing put in place.

Alan Stubbs was the perfect manager for us to appoint. He in turn has brought in very good players and good backroom staff.

The two elected fan reps to the board is excellent.

Communication to the fans has improved.

We're starting to get real entertainment on the pitch.

We're also starting to see players who will be sold on for money in the future, not "released from their contract by mutual consent" costing us money.

Thank you Leeane, looking forward to the season ahead.

weonlywon6-2
29-10-2014, 10:44 PM
The difference some positive performances uave on fans,onwards and upwards Ms D

CallumLaidlaw
29-10-2014, 10:45 PM
Even things like letting the smokers out, sorting the singing section with the Sect 43 guys is little steps forward. I was in the shop tonight swapping an item and all the staff were smiling and helpful too. Happy times round easter road way

Northernhibee
29-10-2014, 10:48 PM
Even things like letting the smokers out, sorting the singing section with the Sect 43 guys is little steps forward. I was in the shop tonight swapping an item and all the staff were smiling and helpful too. Happy times round easter road way

Yep, there's changes being made for sure and it's such a positive feeling that we're getting our club back.

Jack
29-10-2014, 11:00 PM
If the support could do one thing to demonstrate their respect for the lady then surely it must start with speeling hir naim rite.

jacomo
29-10-2014, 11:01 PM
Yep, credit where it is due. She working hard to turn things around and deserves acknowledgement for the decisions she has got right. Appointing AS was one of them.

Beefster
30-10-2014, 05:41 AM
Fair play, Leyain Dempstur is doing a grand job.

Forza Fred
30-10-2014, 05:53 AM
If things are going well on the park, the mood is positive, if things are not going well, then it is natural that negativity will rule.

Hopefully we have turned the corner

Lucius Apuleius
30-10-2014, 08:00 AM
Surely if Petrie has been yanking her chain and she is only a mouthpiece then Petrie must get the praise. (Sarcastic smiley).

Leith_Hibee
30-10-2014, 08:02 AM
Get the product on the park right and we become a very friendly bunch. Last night showed, we don't need to win all the time.

Phil D. Rolls
30-10-2014, 08:03 AM
Surely if Petrie has been yanking her chain and she is only a mouthpiece then Petrie must get the praise. (Sarcastic smiley).

Indeed. :aok:

malagahibby
30-10-2014, 08:04 AM
Let's all start asking friends /ex season/non attendees to consider coming back for the QOS game 15/11.
No premier footie that weekend and it would be great to see 12-13 k there .
The semis would have been a good financial boost ...

TomTheHibbyBev
30-10-2014, 12:01 PM
Like this thread

Pretty Boy
30-10-2014, 12:07 PM
Get the product on the park right and we become a very friendly bunch. Last night showed, we don't need to win all the time.

Spot on.

It can't be coincedence that since performance on the park have improved people have become more enthusiastic and happy with goings on off the park.

Get it right on the pitch and the rest will fall into place with the fans backing.

Seveno
30-10-2014, 12:14 PM
All credit to her for spotting a good manager and appointing Alan Stubbs. AS in turn knows how to spot a good player.

Behind the scenes will take time to change but clearly some progress is being made in the pitch. For the first time in a long time, I am looking forward to seeing the next match. :flag:

overdrive
30-10-2014, 12:51 PM
All credit to her for spotting a good manager and appointing Alan Stubbs. AS in turn knows how to spot a good player.

Behind the scenes will take time to change but clearly some progress is being made in the pitch. For the first time in a long time, I am looking forward to seeing the next match. :flag:

Off topic, but I've seen this and similar said in several posts now. How many of the signings were spotted by Alan Stubbs? We were told when he and some of the other backroom staff came in that player recruitment was not the responsibility of the Head Coach but that he did have a say, but perhaps not the final say. I think it is more of a team effort between him, George Craig, Leeann Dempster, scouts and the player recruitment guy whose name escapes me at the moment.

Mikey
30-10-2014, 12:56 PM
Off topic, but I've seen this and similar said in several posts now. How many of the signings were spotted by Alan Stubbs? We were told when he and some of the other backroom staff came in that player recruitment was not the responsibility of the Head Coach but that he did have a say, but perhaps not the final say. I think it is more of a team effort between him, George Craig, Leeann Dempster, scouts and the player recruitment guy whose name escapes me at the moment.

Yep, the recruitment process is more than just him. If anyone's interested it'll all be explained here......

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?291076-Hibs-net-Visit-To-East-Mains-(7-places-left-on-Thursday-6th-Nov-6pm-start)

silverhibee
30-10-2014, 01:54 PM

Bring on the Blue Brazil. :greengrin :gwa:

Jack
30-10-2014, 01:57 PM
Bring on the Blue Brazil. :greengrin :gwa:

After their showing at the World Cup I'm informed the Brazil part has been dropped from their name.

It's now the Blue [pause] we will be playing ;-)

lyonhibs
30-10-2014, 04:23 PM
In terms of actual results, the last 2 games at home have been a draw and a loss. Improved performances no doubt, but we need to see those combined with actual results before any corners have been turned IMO.

GreenLake
30-10-2014, 04:33 PM
I wasn't able to see the evidence of her good job until about 2 minutes before the half time whistle. I'll withhold my applause until she is able to achieve a functioning HibsTV for at least a couple of matches in succession. It isn't rocket science. :wink:

Franck Stanton
30-10-2014, 04:35 PM
In terms of actual results, the last 2 games at home have been a draw and a loss. Improved performances no doubt, but we need to see those combined with actual results before any corners have been turned IMO.

Wee bit pedantic here are we not ? yes in years to come reading stats it will indeed show a draw and a loss. The draw was in a derby, which, we would have won were it not for a once in a lifetime blooter towards goal. The loss was against the team currently sitting third in the league above us and only came about after 30min extra time and penalties.
I for one am happy with the progress being made by AS an LD. The style of football the team is playing says , to me anyway tat w have indeed turned the corner.

30-10-2014, 04:39 PM
There is certainly a more positive atmostphere around the place and we are starting to see a team with a bit of fight and heart (something thats been desperatly missing over the years). Theres still work to be done but the ship is defenatly starting to turn around with her at the helm so all credit to her and of course to Stubbs who seems to have the team playing for the jersey.

One Day
30-10-2014, 08:29 PM

This.

Andy74
30-10-2014, 08:32 PM

Remember the good old days when we used to argue about the manner of winning away to Partick Thistle? :greengrin

Sir David Gray
30-10-2014, 08:43 PM

I think I said this in another thread when I got in last night but if we play every week like we did last night and also last Sunday then we will win more often than not.

If that's the sort of standards we should expect from now on then there's a lot to be pleased about.

Compared with the utter garbage we were being subjected to just a few short months ago, I would say that we are turning the corner.

lyonhibs
31-10-2014, 10:02 AM
I think I said this in another thread when I got in last night but if we play every week like we did last night and also last Sunday then we will win more often than not.

If that's the sort of standards we should expect from now on then there's a lot to be pleased about.

Compared with the utter garbage we were being subjected to just a few short months ago, I would say that we are turning the corner.

Turning, yes for sure.

Turned, not yet, that's the only point I was making, and as fans we need to have the mentality to go easy on the Stubbs back slapping for as long as we have a league loss % of over 33% as it is right now (or anything like that high)

Especially in the league, we should be winning comfortably more often than not, above all at home. If we do that playing the kind of attacking football that sees us score 3 goals against an excellent Dundee United, whilst cutting down on the Keystone Cops individual moments of idiocy that saw us concede 3, then everyone on this board might even be, you know, HAPPY at the same time for a change :greengrin

Hopefully we will go on a mega run and be overflowing with confidence and borderline erotic football just in time to cuff The Hun at home in December, where I'll be present. Then I'll think "wow, what was the fuss all about" just like I did after we scudded Kilmarnock 3-0 at home last Christmas time...................

--------
31-10-2014, 11:31 AM

I was about as disillusioned as could be at the end of last season, and very far from inclined to expect a miracle cure from Ms Dempster's appointment as long as Petrie remained around the club.

I haven't been to see the team yet this season - since the beginning of April I've preferred to spend my money watching the all-conquering Edinburgh Monarchs winning everything in sight - but what I've seen on highlights and televised games strongly suggests that you're absolutely right.

Alan Stubbs is getting the team playing good football, he's bringing young players into the team in a responsible and constructive way, he's communicating with the support without patronising them or bellowing obscenities at them, and Leeann Dempster seems to be re-organising the way the club runs as a club in a way that is bringing disgruntled supporters back onside.

Early days yet, perhaps, but a lot of positive signs. I might even be back in the stadium sometime soon. :greengrin

Sir David Gray
31-10-2014, 11:41 AM
I was about as disillusioned as could be at the end of last season, and very far from inclined to expect a miracle cure from Ms Dempster's appointment as long as Petrie remained around the club.

I haven't been to see the team yet this season - since the beginning of April I've preferred to spend my money watching the all-conquering Edinburgh Monarchs winning everything in sight - but what I've seen on highlights and televised games strongly suggests that you're absolutely right.

Alan Stubbs is getting the team playing good football, he's bringing young players into the team in a responsible and constructive way, he's communicating with the support without patronising them or bellowing obscenities at them, and Leeann Dempster seems to be re-organising the way the club runs as a club in a way that is bringing disgruntled supporters back onside.

Early days yet, perhaps, but a lot of positive signs. I might even be back in the stadium sometime soon. :greengrin

I really enjoyed myself on Wednesday night.

We were positive, attacking and looked like a team that was growing in confidence.

Above all else, we actually looked like a football team for a change. Yeah it was disappointing to lose out on penalties but teams who are a lot better than Hibs have lost out in that way before. For me, the fact that we more than matched a good Dundee Utd side for 120 minutes and to outplay them for a large amount of that time was very encouraging.

The same goes for the derby last week. We were by far the better side for most of that match and but for a last minute strike that was unstoppable, we would have won that one too.

We are definitely heading in the right direction and I would encourage those who have stayed away recently to give Stubbs and the players another chance.

You never know, you might even enjoy yourself! :greengrin

Gerard
31-10-2014, 07:16 PM
If we continue to play exciting football and winning football then we might even get promotion this year probably through a play off:wink:

weonlywon6-2
31-10-2014, 07:20 PM
I wasn't able to see the evidence of her good job until about 2 minutes before the half time whistle. I'll withhold my applause until she is able to achieve a functioning HibsTV for at least a couple of matches in succession. It isn't rocket science. :wink:

We have a bit to go but we have improved significantly over the last few games,still.a bit to go but we have turned the corner

capitals_finest
31-10-2014, 07:48 PM
I agree Leeane Dempster deserves praise.

It is still early days but i m impressed with the changing attitude around the club. Putting the Rod problem aside, for too long I think there has been a big divide between the supporters and the team. At times I sat watching these
pros on the park wondering what the hell they had been doing all week, no sense of togertherness and a severe lack of passion. The supporters have been through some brutal times but we have also been quick to turn on players when its not going our way.

The stubbs appointment probably was the very best man for the job and credit goes to Leeane for seeing this. We have a long way to go but its nice to think things are finally changing for the better...

Leith Mo
01-11-2014, 10:30 AM
Anyone else think that there may be a link between the relative demise of Motherwell on the pitch this season and their loss of Leeann Dempster? Seems to be reflected by recent Hibs performances and I'm not saying she's a football genius but maybe her influence does extend through a positive impact on the boys who wear the jersey?

Septimus
01-11-2014, 06:51 PM

Well said Sir

heretoday
01-11-2014, 07:42 PM
Dear Leanne,

Don't let it get you down. Carry on.

Yours A Fan

hongkonghibee
02-11-2014, 07:42 AM
Seeing as how Leeane has gotten undeserved stick when we were still turning things about, I think it's only fair that she receives full credit for the systems we're seeing put in place.

Alan Stubbs was the perfect manager for us to appoint. He in turn has brought in very good players and good backroom staff.

The two elected fan reps to the board is excellent.

Communication to the fans has improved.

We're starting to get real entertainment on the pitch.

We're also starting to see players who will be sold on for money in the future, not "released from their contract by mutual consent" costing us money.

Thank you Leeane, looking forward to the season ahead.

Its far too early to know if the systems she has put in place are going to work out well - love the attractive passing football A.S. has us playing , so it does look promising.
Agreed that Alan Stubbs seems an excellent appointment. And with the very limited budget he was given he has brought in very good players - but we needed just one big summer signing (obviously on a higher wage) to inspire the supporters and who would be the Club Captain and be a more experienced dominant player on the pitch and to help the young players and to drive the team on. This should have been on LD's must-do list .

Communication from Hibs TV is still dreadful. Every week they ask us to pay for live video, then give incomplete reasons for its failure to provide the service advertised. What is happening? Why has it taken months to lay a new internet cable. Waking up at 3.45 am to watch a blank screen should make someone at the Club communicate better with Hibs TV subscribers and fully explain the situation.
Maybe they should stop taking our money until they sort it out? So, no, communications to overseas fans has not improved at all.

Thank you Leeane for the improvements made so far. A good start, with lots of work to do (as im sure she knows). I would like the club to use the official site more to communicate with supporters. A monthly update from Leeane would be a more efficient way to update us all on news from the boardroom .

Phil D. Rolls
02-11-2014, 07:50 AM
Anyone else think that there may be a link between the relative demise of Motherwell on the pitch this season and their loss of Leeann Dempster? Seems to be reflected by recent Hibs performances and I'm not saying she's a football genius but maybe her influence does extend through a positive impact on the boys who wear the jersey?

Motherwell skate on thin ice. A core part of their operating model is to have a very small first team squad. They have been hit by injuries this year, and things have been rough.