PDA

View Full Version : Alan Stubbs

JCHibby
29-10-2014, 10:35 PM
Thank you, not been entertained like that since the Mowbray era. The hard work is now starting to show, the fans will come back if that's what's on offer. Fantastic entertainment.

Seveno
29-10-2014, 11:10 PM
Thank you, not been entertained like that since the Mowbray era. The hard work is now starting to show, the fans will come back if that's what's on offer. Fantastic entertainment.

Exactly my thoughts. He said it would take time and that some player would get better as they got match fit. I think we will have a team that plays the quality of football from the Mowbary era but with more backbone.

JimBHibees
30-10-2014, 09:35 AM

Agree entirely as with any major change he always needed time and his signings are now really finding their feet and playing at a level not seen at ER for years. Long may it continue.

Hibby70
30-10-2014, 10:01 AM
Seeing him interacting with the players before ET and the break was really pleasing.

Reminded me of Mowbray with his calm demeanour and all the players actually listening to him.

So glad he'll be the manager that wins us the SC :)

Kenbo
30-10-2014, 07:46 PM
Had to chip in here and say much the same thing, I don't do much posting but a decent bit of reading so.., I agree - a big thanks to Alan Stubbs - thanks for giving us a team that play football again, thanks for making my old man and myself both agree that Scott Robertson can play decent football, thanks for giving us something to cheer at again, thanks for making the fans unite in one voice at the positive progression of the team, thanks for giving us a team that are given a standing ovation and applauded off the pitch despite loosing, thanks for helping a fan from Cumbernauld (yes I am possibly considered part weegie) a reason to say to the mrs I am off to Edinburgh to cheer on the hibees again, thanks for proving to the non believers (me included) that Liam Craig can play decent football, thanks for proving that when working for someone worth giving a monkies about that a player can totally change their attitude / performance, thanks for helping me understand why my old man popped a hibs strip on my back when I a was wee fella despite my Cumbernauld Roots and school mates questionable looks, thanks for helping me work out why my old man travelled from Taynuilt a small village outside Oban on the west coast of Scotland to watch and support the Hibs (back when they played in black and white mind, what do you mean that was the TV?) just due to their great football and supporters not because they were in the east or west or north or south or scottish english or irish or whatever - thanks again - I get it again! Hibs Class!

dunedinhibs
30-10-2014, 09:18 PM
Had to chip in here and say much the same thing, I don't do much posting but a decent bit of reading so.., I agree - a big thanks to Alan Stubbs - thanks for giving us a team that play football again, thanks for making my old man and myself both agree that Scott Robertson can play decent football, thanks for giving us something to cheer at again, thanks for making the fans unite in one voice at the positive progression of the team, thanks for giving us a team that are given a standing ovation and applauded off the pitch despite loosing, thanks for helping a fan from Cumbernauld (yes I am possibly considered part weegie) a reason to say to the mrs I am off to Edinburgh to cheer on the hibees again, thanks for proving to the non believers (me included) that Liam Craig can play decent football, thanks for proving that when working for someone worth giving a monkies about that a player can totally change their attitude / performance, thanks for helping me understand why my old man popped a hibs strip on my back when I a was wee fella despite my Cumbernauld Roots and school mates questionable looks, thanks for helping me work out why my old man travelled from Taynuilt a small village outside Oban on the west coast of Scotland to watch and support the Hibs (back when they played in black and white mind, what do you mean that was the TV?) just due to their great football and supporters not because they were in the east or west or north or south or scottish english or irish or whatever - thanks again - I get it again! Hibs Class!

:thumbsup:Great to see so much positivity on these threads its long over due!
Glad the feel good factor is coming back, well done alan and all the players. Finally we can look forward to games again and expect to win. ggtth
:gwa:

lyonhibs
31-10-2014, 12:03 PM

That's where my girlfriend is from and it is a bugger to get to even these days. Lord knows the commitment required to get to ER from there 20,30,40, whatever years ago!

patlowe
31-10-2014, 12:46 PM
I don't want to be too doom and gloom but I would hope that we actually start winning games again before we get too excited. That is key right now as we really do still have a chance of getting out of this league. A win away to Cowdenbeath and maybe we're really on to something here.

Having said that...the last 3 performances have been excellent. For me, what the team and Stubbs are really starting to do is show up how much absolute crud we have had to put up with over the last few years. We've not even won the last two games but the fans seem re-enthused by a team that is displaying skill, energy and enthusiasm.

Also, the signings of Gray, Allan, Malonga etc absolutely show that improving as a team and club is nothing to do with 'speculating to accumulate' or 'breaking the bank' etc. It's about forward planning, strategy and basically having a ruddy clue what you are doing.

31-10-2014, 12:56 PM
Totally agree. He's brought the feel good factor back. The team are playing really good football. Sadly they never got the results they deserved the last couple of games but they are playing with passion and for the jersey. The team last year under Butcher looked gutless and disinterested. The faces on the players after the penalties on wednesday night said it all.

I don't know what Stubbs says to them in the dressing room but whatever it is its working. Still not perfect, I still think we are still loosing too many sloppy goals at the back but what an improvement from last season! We knew the turn around from last season was going to take time but we are heading in the right direction.

We deserve a team that shows as much passion for the club as we do and at long last it looks like we finally might have one. Too many hibs teams over the years looked like they couldn't give a **** about the club, just there to pick up a wage. Look at many of the wasters from last season that relegated the club then ****ed off without a care in the world it seemed.

Well Done Alan Stubbs and the team, we'll support you all the way! :flag:

GreenArmyyy!
31-10-2014, 01:48 PM
Now that the dust has settled and the heartache has subsided from Wednesday I need to express what a magnificent performance that was for 90 minutes. Scott Allan was absolutely magical. He really drove the team for most of the game. I also thought Malonga had a completely different attitude as well. He chased every lost cause so well done to him. The football we are playing just now is great to watch. It's been a while. Well done Stubbs and the players. The future is definitely looking Green and White.