PDA

View Full Version : Liam Craig

givescotlandfreedom
29-10-2014, 10:32 PM
He played very well tonight and put in a hell of a shift. Wasn't any about going for goal either. I'm delighted he stuck his penalty away, it clearly meant a lot to him after Swiney's.

IrnBru22
29-10-2014, 10:38 PM
He played very well tonight and put in a hell of a shift. Wasn't any about going for goal either. I'm delighted he stuck his penalty away, it clearly meant a lot to him after Swiney's.

I really wish he'd let Scott Allan take free kicks though

TowerHibs
29-10-2014, 10:41 PM
Guy is a coward...apparently.(cracking pen when you have missed last one and easier to save a world of abuse if he missed by opting out)

What a difference a couple of good performances make. Wish we would all remember this when no doubt a stinking performance comes along. Encouragement rather than slating

tamig
29-10-2014, 10:41 PM
I really wish he'd let Scott Allan take free kicks though

Aye but he had our best free kick tonight that brought out a top save from their keeper. Good performance from LC tonight.

weonlywon6-2
29-10-2014, 10:43 PM
I thought he was very good tonight,my mate thought he was awful,i advised him to face towards the pitch next time

wookie70
29-10-2014, 10:45 PM
Thought he did OK but nothing special. Nice to see him getting a few shots in and being brave enough to take a pen.

Seveno
29-10-2014, 11:07 PM
He was much more like the real Liam Craig in the second half.

hibeemikey21
29-10-2014, 11:14 PM
Took a shedload of unnecessary abuse from the folk near me. I was so happy he scored his pen.

All in all, did ok, but thought he was outshone by Allan and Robertson. Think he is snatching at chances due to low confidence and pressure on him. Give the armband to Gray for now and let Craig focus on playing.

Pete
29-10-2014, 11:37 PM
Played very well, as did Robertson. Every time he received the ball and there was nothing on, he got dogs abuse from the stands when he passed it back a level in order to start again. People have to understand that he's playing a specific role that isn't really his strongest position. The negativity has to stop as it's not helping.

seanshow
29-10-2014, 11:40 PM
I thought he was very good tonight,my mate thought he was awful,i advised him to face towards the pitch next time

I think your pal was right, until he regains his confidence (that freekick and pen might help him) ...he is prone to making mistakes or our moves are breaking down at his feet with bad decisions, exactly what Stubbs is trying to stop the players from doing.

Players like McGeouch and Allan are polar opposites, especially Allan was exceptional tonight a joy to watch. :aok:

Scooter
30-10-2014, 06:08 AM
First half he was shocking some of his short passes put his team mates in trouble. Much much improved 2nd half and there after

we are hibs
30-10-2014, 06:32 AM
played well. still dont think hes a captain though. couldnt believe he wasnt trying to lift the players heads after united scored.

Pretty Boy
30-10-2014, 06:41 AM
First half he was shocking some of his short passes put his team mates in trouble. Much much improved 2nd half and there after

That's my take on it. Poor 1st half, very decent 2nd half and extra time.

3pm
30-10-2014, 06:45 AM
That's my take on it. Poor 1st half, very decent 2nd half and extra time.

Right at the start of the 2nd half, he hit shot off a Malonga lay off. He was running into the box looking for said lay off....that was what I thought we were getting when he signed. It set the tone for a better 2nd half performance.

If he made those runs a bit more often, he'd get more of a reward and less of a hard time.

Unfortunately, I still think his number is up at Hibs.

HappyAsHellas
30-10-2014, 08:01 AM
If he performs as he did in the second half tonight then he will be a valuable member of our squad. A bit more encouragement will help him along the way.

Borderhibbie76
30-10-2014, 08:24 AM
Ive loved the positivity from the last 2 performances but sorry Craig does nothing for me...I agree he was better 2nd half but I dont see a future for him at Hibs and think he will be gone in Jan...doesnt take responsibility on the ball, forever passing sideways and backwards. IMO he is not a captain nor good enough to start anymore.

HappyAsHellas
30-10-2014, 08:29 AM
In the role he is playing if there is nothing obvious going forward then he will pass sideways or backwards to keep possession and start another move. Why is he the only player to get abuse for this?

khib70
30-10-2014, 08:39 AM
In the role he is playing if there is nothing obvious going forward then he will pass sideways or backwards to keep possession and start another move. Why is he the only player to get abuse for this?
Good question. One of our huge recent failings was cheaply giving possession away by hopefully pinging it forward. Liam has been out of sorts and unhappy in the position he's been asked to play, but like everyone else he rose to the occasion last night.

Unfortunately, the negative, know-it-all bawbag who sits behind me in the West Lower spent the whole game slagging Liam off, as he does every week, I'm seriously thinking of moving my seat to get away from his constant stream of whiny negativity.

California-Hibs
30-10-2014, 08:42 AM
Was going to post a thread similar like this regarding Liam. The boy deserves praise for his performance, played very well. I keep saying it and won't change my opinion - Liam Craig is a very decent footballer to have in the squad, especially in the Championship!

Josh 01
30-10-2014, 09:35 AM
I thought he worked really hard and put a shift in last night, but his passing lets him down badly. Time after time his passes go behind players slowing everything down and preventing us getting up the pitch quicker. With mcgeouch back for the cowdenbeath game i don't see a place in our midfield for craig.

Argylehibby
30-10-2014, 11:32 AM

A point made quite often last night by some around me. If there is no movement ahead and no available pass forward then it's better to pass back and retain possession. I remember many moaning last season about the number of times the team, LC in particular, just pumped an aimless ball forward and now we don't many are still unhappy.

Lago
30-10-2014, 11:43 AM
Played very well, as did Robertson. Every time he received the ball and there was nothing on, he got dogs abuse from the stands when he passed it back a level in order to start again. People have to understand that he's playing a specific role that isn't really his strongest position. The negativity has to stop as it's not helping.
:top marks

Diclonius
30-10-2014, 12:07 PM
He was moved forward last night from his usual DM position and produced an improved performance. Well done. :aok:

SunshineOnLeith
30-10-2014, 12:15 PM
He played well but the problem is that when he makes a mistake (like all players do sometimes) he's immediately subjected to vitriolic abuse. I think there's probably about a hundred fans at easter road who just sit primed to explode, reacting to nothing except a Liam Craig mistake.

jacomo
30-10-2014, 03:42 PM
He played well but the problem is that when he makes a mistake (like all players do sometimes) he's immediately subjected to vitriolic abuse. I think there's probably about a hundred fans at easter road who just sit primed to explode, reacting to nothing except a Liam Craig mistake.

Been like this for a while, sadly. Pick your target and hurl abuse at the during the game.

Remember a game a few years ago, sitting in the West Lower about five rows from the pitch. Colin Nish won a throw in and ran to the perimeter to get the game going again... some guy screams 'Nish ya useless ****!' at him as he's picking up the ball. What is that supposed to achieve?

emerald green
30-10-2014, 05:38 PM
Credit where it's due, I thought Liam Craig had a good game last night. Very unlucky not to score with that free kick. Only a very good save kept it out. His penalty and reaction afterwards was excellent.

Some (not all) have decided to get on his back, so maybe it's time to lay off him and then hopefully we'll see the player I thought we were getting when he signed from St Johnstone?

JHFC
31-10-2014, 09:15 AM
I liked when he comforted Kennedy after his penalty miss, walked up to him and gave him a hand shake. Anyone else see this?

zolliehibs
31-10-2014, 09:57 AM
I liked when he comforted Kennedy after his penalty miss, walked up to him and gave him a hand shake. Anyone else see this?

Yeah, I saw that too. For all the abuse he gets for being a poor captain, I was pleased with that.

number9dream
31-10-2014, 10:50 AM
I also thought LC contributed to a good team performance. Keep him on the left and replace Handling with McGeouch? That would allow Allan to stay on the right, although he was everywhere on Wednesday!
Handling was pretty quiet, so that position behind the front two is up for grabs.
Stanton, Kennedy & Harris also options there.
Gutted there's not a game on Saturday...

leggeto
31-10-2014, 08:41 PM
Craig and Robertson done well against utd,the two of them were pressing quickly and winning the ball or forcing them to make mistakes without fouling,good attitude from the start,happy as I'm always saying they are not good enough so they performance's will help the confidence they need

ekhibee
01-11-2014, 12:41 AM
I've always known Liam Craig was a decent player and the DU game certainly, IMHO proved it up to an extent, but I just don't think making him captain was a good idea, he just doesn't seem to handle it well and for some reason makes a lot of his performances well below what we know he can achieve. Take the captaincy off him and let him play in the role he's comfortable in and you've got a good player there, but again that's just my opinion.

R11Loaded
01-11-2014, 11:12 AM
I do think Handling struggles to impose himself on games at times, on the ball he picks out some nice forward passes etc but I want to see Liam played there.

Let him, McGeouch and Allan free role behind the front two

Class doesn't show on a maroon jersey

Billy Whizz
01-11-2014, 11:17 AM
I do think Handling struggles to impose himself on games at times, on the ball he picks out some nice forward passes etc but I want to see Liam played there.

Let him, McGeouch and Allan free role behind the front two

Class doesn't show on a maroon jersey
It's nice to have competition for a change