PDA

View Full Version : What a game of Football

SaulGoodman
29-10-2014, 11:30 PM
Hibernian manager Alan Stubbs: "I've just said to the lads they should be really pleased and that I'm proud of the way they played again.
"We've played really well and we've raised our game in the last couple of months.
"When you go to penalties, it's a lottery and I'm just proud of the ones who stepped up as it's not easy.
"People think taking a penalty is easy, but it takes a lot of courage and it's only easy when it goes in.
"We've gone toe to toe with one of the best teams in the country and come out of it with a lot of credit."

Dundee United manager Jackie McNamara: "First and foremost, give credit to Hibs - I thought it was a fantastic match with both teams going at it.
"I don't think there was much time for breath throughout the whole match and it was a great advert for Scottish football with the amount of young talent on display.
"Obviously Hibs had a chance to win it and there was a fantastic save by Rado - then he pulled off another one to get us through to the next round.
"It is more relief than anything. it was a tiring match and the lads are absolutely drained in the dressing-room, but it is a good feeling to have won it.
"I thought we looked stronger in the first half of extra time, but credit to Hibs, they kept coming at us and it was a fantastic win for us."

Possession
Hibernian 51%
Dundee Utd 49%
Shots
Hibernian 24
Dundee Utd 15
Shots on target
Hibernian 13
Dundee Utd 6
Corners
Hibernian 8
Dundee Utd 7
Fouls
Hibernian 9
Dundee Utd 14
Hibernian Dundee Utd

Really think we played well, end to end stuff for 90+ minutes. Superb.

frazeHFC
29-10-2014, 11:44 PM
Couldn't make the game but those stats make for good reading. Seems like we played well, which is great to see. Just a shame we don't have a game this weekend. Onward and upwards.

weonlywon6-2
29-10-2014, 11:47 PM
Its been a long time since we played like that,keep ot up Hibs,very proud tonight,even in defeat

CallumLaidlaw
29-10-2014, 11:51 PM
Nice to see us scoring goals again. We've scored 21 in our last 11.
We only scored 20 goals between the new year Derby and the hamilton defeat last season (21 games).
And as for the number of shots we're having compared to in games last season. Scary

Alfred E Newman
29-10-2014, 11:53 PM
I think you would have to go back to the Mowbray days to get entertainment like that. Fantastic game of football and it's just a pity that so few made the effort to go along and watch it.

Seveno
30-10-2014, 12:05 AM
An absolutely cracking match. I came away so proud of my team.

GGTTH

H18S NX
30-10-2014, 12:12 AM
An absolutely cracking match. I came away so proud of my team.

GGTTH.....Agree with you Seven0,fantastic game,walked away so very proud of the team,the effort was fantastic,we were very tired towards the end but we never gave up,definately getting there.GGTTH.

Sir David Gray
30-10-2014, 12:30 AM
Gutted we couldn't get the win tonight but I'm actually starting to look forward to going to games now, rather than dreading it.

We more than matched one of the top teams in the country tonight and for the majority of the second half, we were the better team.

I'm slowly getting my club back.

basehibby
30-10-2014, 12:34 AM
Just back in the hoose after a couple of beers and I'm still buzzing from what was an absolutely cracking game of football. I can't remember the last time I watched such an enthralling match in the flesh and, on the back of this and other recent performances including vs Rangers & Hearts, it's the first time in a long time that I can say that I feel truly excited about Hibs.

Well done to Stubbs and his team who are consistently dominating games at the moment - regardless of the opposition it seems. Keep that up and the results will follow.

The fans responded to that tonight which was almost as much of a joy to behold as the performance on the pitch after the negative feeling that's been cloying about Hibs for far too long. Anyone out there that's been staying away for whatever reason - time to reconsider I'd suggest as you may be about to miss out on something special! Stubbs has not wasted a single signing from what I can see and has his team playing with a verve and belief which fully deserves our support.

I've just watched my team get KO'd from the League Cup - but I can't help but feel bouyant at what I just witnessed - ie a team playing with belief and some style with every man pulling in the same direction. Lets join in the party and get Easter Road rocking again!

:gwa::hibees:flag::flag::hibees:gwa:

NAE NOOKIE
30-10-2014, 12:40 AM
Just home now ... what a cracking game of football. Every Hibs player can be proud of their effort, the team played as well as I've seen for years, we have played a hell of a lot worse than that in the last 6 years and won .... I feel heart sorry for the players, a fantastic effort by the team tonight.

When you look at our effort in the last two games and the cruel ending to both, we must be the unluckiest team in Scotland.

brog
30-10-2014, 08:34 AM
BBC radio were drooling over the game. Said the worst thing ref did was to blow for h/t, f/t! As another poster said, still didn't stop them filming the wrong game! I compare last night to last season's game when we lost 3-1, going on 10 & Jordan Forster was our only threat. What a difference! It's impossible to overstate the positive impact AS has had. Still long way to go but all sport is built on confidence & hopefully recent performances will have provided that confidence to both the team & our support.