PDA

View Full Version : Alex Harris

andrew70
29-10-2014, 11:10 PM
Think Alex deserves credit for his performance when he came on today. He's a fantastic footballer and showed heart today also. I am delighted to see him come on and perform so well. Hopefully he takes confidence from that. Well done Boozy.

The Tubs
29-10-2014, 11:13 PM
Think Alex deserves credit for his performance when he came on today. He's a fantastic footballer and showed heart today also. I am delighted to see him come on and perform so well. Hopefully he takes confidence from that. Well done Boozy.

Aye, the best I've seen from him in a while. As the general standard of play improves, guys like Harris have got no choice but try and keep up.

tamig
29-10-2014, 11:33 PM

Couldn't agree more. Looked confident tonight and not afraid to take the tiring defenders on. Great to see.

Argylehibby
29-10-2014, 11:39 PM

:top marks Butcher and Malpas ruined the lads confidence but his performance tonight was excellent.

weonlywon6-2
29-10-2014, 11:41 PM
Felt he was quiet at first but then got into the game,some complete plonker next to me was giving dogs abuse,he just cant win

HibbiesandtheBaddies
29-10-2014, 11:43 PM

:agree:

Argylehibby
29-10-2014, 11:48 PM
Felt he was quiet at first but then got into the game,some complete plonker next to me was giving dogs abuse,he just cant win

amazing really that a young lad who has shown in the past he has what it takes but is clearly lacking a bit of self belief at the moment and "fans" think howling abuse at him will help him get back to what we know he is capable of.

Pete
30-10-2014, 12:58 AM
He might have been pulling out of tackles when he first came back but nowadays people are giving him unnecessary stick and calling him a coward when it isn't warranted.

It's gone too far the other way. The moaning starts whenever he is in a 50/50 situation with another player and it's as if he isn't doing his job properly if he isn't steaming in like Dennis Wise. There are other ways to handle the situation and it doesn't make him a coward for not diving in. Anyway, he's a winger and probably can't tackle for toffee. Do people want him to start picking up bookings or even worse, start getting injuries again?

Heartless or a coward? I don't think so.

NAE NOOKIE
30-10-2014, 01:06 AM

.Sean.
30-10-2014, 01:16 AM
I've been very critical of him recently but I'm more than happy to admit he had an excellent game. That's what frustrates me about him because there's a very good footballer in there. Technically he's without a doubt one of the best at the club, I think he just needs man managed a bit better.

GGTTH07
30-10-2014, 07:12 AM
Potential to be brilliant. Just needs to prove it more often! Last night was a big improvement on current weeks, though!

Billy Whizz
30-10-2014, 07:16 AM
Welcome back Alex. More of the same please

hibsbollah
30-10-2014, 07:31 AM
He might have been pulling out of tackles when he first came back but nowadays people are giving him unnecessary stick and calling him a coward when it isn't warranted.

It's gone too far the other way. The moaning starts whenever he is in a 50/50 situation with another player and it's as if he isn't doing his job properly if he isn't steaming in like Dennis Wise. There are other ways to handle the situation and it doesn't make him a coward for not diving in. Anyway, he's a winger and probably can't tackle for toffee. Do people want him to start picking up bookings or even worse, start getting injuries again?

Heartless or a coward? I don't think so.

Agree 100%. It was true when he first came back from injury but some fans have let the negativity carry on.

HappyAsHellas
30-10-2014, 08:39 AM
Some alleged "fan" (and I use the term loosely) gave him dogs abuse for the whole time he was on, calling him a sheiter for not challenging someone when he was about five yards away from the ball. Superman couldn't have made a tackle in this scenario. Later on, Harris and Stanton got a bit mixed up (Stantons fault) letting their guy down to the bye line and the abuse this guy gave Harris was astounding.
He has a very distinctive voice that you never hear singing out the teams praises. Makes you wonder.
I thought Harris was very good last night and look forward to more improvements from what is obviously a talented young man.

PeeJay
30-10-2014, 08:40 AM
Some signs of improvement from Harris - he still needs to do more though, but certainly a decent run out last night ...

GreenArmyyy!
30-10-2014, 08:51 AM
Some alleged "fan" (and I use the term loosely) gave him dogs abuse for the whole time he was on, calling him a sheiter for not challenging someone when he was about five yards away from the ball. Superman couldn't have made a tackle in this scenario. Later on, Harris and Stanton got a bit mixed up (Stantons fault) letting their guy down to the bye line and the abuse this guy gave Harris was astounding.
He has a very distinctive voice that you never hear singing out the teams praises. Makes you wonder.
I thought Harris was very good last night and look forward to more improvements from what is obviously a talented young man.

Near the top of section 43 by any chance?

HappyAsHellas
30-10-2014, 08:58 AM
Near the top of section 43 by any chance?

RIP
30-10-2014, 09:18 AM

Facial hair?

HappyAsHellas
30-10-2014, 09:23 AM
Don't know as he was behind me in section 44 I think. I was in 43, row Z. He was up behind my left shoulder. My daughter looked round to see who it was but I was to busy trying to encourage the team and in particular Alex Harris.

R11Loaded
30-10-2014, 12:11 PM
I criticised him on here after the Derby but last night was ten times better.

Looked pacey and was a real threat again, building blocks!

Class doesn't show on a maroon jersey

Stevie Reid
30-10-2014, 12:19 PM
Very pleased with him last night - looked like he had much more of an appetite for the game, and delivered a couple of good balls into the box, as well as offering a threat with his pace. Showed real bottle to be one the first five to take a pen as well.