PDA

View Full Version : Turned the corner?

Ozyhibby
29-10-2014, 09:53 PM
I think so.
Obviously we had 3 defensive howlers but our overall play was excellent.
It's a long time since we have attacked teams properly like in the last few games.
Scott Allan was class for 70mins, can't wait till he's fully fit.
They keep playing like that and the fans will come back.

Kaff
29-10-2014, 09:58 PM
tbf theres quite a few people been saying that for weeks. Some obviously take a while to see the woods for the trees

Dinkydoo
29-10-2014, 10:02 PM
Definitely. That's two really good performances in a row and five in just over a month. No way would this team get relegated from the SPL. Ok, results could have been better but we're not the same team we were under Pat or Butcher.

rcarter1
29-10-2014, 10:05 PM
Definitely. That's two really good performances in a row and five in just over a month. No way would this team get relegated from the SPL. Ok, results could have been better but we're not the same team we were under Pat or Butcher.

Both Pat and Butcher created stodgeball. We are finally seeing football again! I can't wait until the next game…

Oscar T Grouch
29-10-2014, 10:06 PM
Just back from the game, I am a we bit gutted cause we should have won that in 90 mins but what a performance, what fight. I think we turned the corner a week or so ago, we are seriously looking like a decent team again. Brilliant performance to a man. Well done Hibs, thanks for making me feel like that at Easter Road again :thumbsup:

Ozyhibby
29-10-2014, 10:08 PM
tbf theres quite a few people been saying that for weeks. Some obviously take a while to see the woods for the trees

Doesn't count if you've been happy clapping for 7 years. ;-)

The Tubs
29-10-2014, 10:10 PM
If Allan still isn't properly fit, then Malonga's definitely a good bit behind him. Nevertheless, didn't stop him from putting in a massive effort tonight.

Ozyhibby
29-10-2014, 10:14 PM
If Allan still isn't properly fit, then Malonga's definitely a good bit behind him. Nevertheless, didn't stop him from putting in a massive effort tonight.

Thought Malonga was excellent tonight.

Bishop Hibee
29-10-2014, 10:15 PM
I was ready to chuck the ST in the sea after the Cowdenbeath game we were so bad even though we won. The turn around has been amazing. Well done Stubbs and the backroom team for getting the players playing like they have v Livi, Hertz and Utd. Long season ahead but tonight was better to watch than any game under Butcher. Play like that and we'll be play-offs at least.

Dinkydoo
29-10-2014, 10:15 PM
To be fair, Pat tried to make us hard to beat and in some respects, he did that - especially with committed players like Deegan and McPake. Williams, Leigh and Harris regularly performed well and helped keep us from relegation but his team always seemed to lack a cohesion, we over relied on the same type of tactic time and time again and didnt have a clue how to play our way out of trouble when the going got tough. Butcher was *****...and I don't have a single good thing to say about him.

Some of the personnel havent changed but most now appear to have an idea as to what thier and the team's collective approach to a game is - and how to express themselves within that approach in order to not become too one dimensional and predictable.

I'm happy with the progress thus far although we need to get Fontaine and Hanlon playing better together - there were a few dodgy monents on Sunday and it sounds like there were again tonight.

Real Emerald
29-10-2014, 10:16 PM
Both Pat and Butcher created stodgeball. We are finally seeing football again! I can't wait until the next game…

100% this. We are now seeing real progress with a brand of attacking football that for the first time in a long while excites you to go back. The results will have to come if we keep playing like the way we have, get a break or two AND cut out the silly goals we're losing. Good times ahead I think at long last. Well done Hibs but again you didn't get what you deserved.

Kaff
29-10-2014, 10:17 PM
Doesn't count if you've been happy clapping for 7 years. ;-)

This isnt a night for bitching at each other (i started it) but imo there have been several posters ignoring last season and beyond but focusing on Stubbs and what is happening now. I dont think you have been but if you and several others are now convinced (after a defeat) then lets all get behind the team and build so we get out of this league first time of asking!
We're all together here!!

zitelli62
29-10-2014, 10:19 PM
that's the first time for a few years that i have come away dissapointed with the result but more than happy with the performance we have definitely turned the corner keep playing that way and the fans will come back the rest of the season should be good if we keep playing that way.

kevo1875
This hibs team can play some decent football ��

greenpaper55
Superb tonight, you would not know which was the SPL team, only let down by some schoolboy defending but what a difference Stubbs has made, onwards and upwards.

The Tubs
29-10-2014, 10:20 PM
Thought Malonga was excellent tonight.

Sorry if I wasn't clear. That's exactly the point I was making.

Ozyhibby
29-10-2014, 10:22 PM
This isnt a night for bitching at each other (i started it) but imo there have been several posters ignoring last season and beyond but focusing on Stubbs and what is happening now. I dont think you have been but if you and several others are now convinced (after a defeat) then lets all get behind the team and build so we get out of this league first time of asking!
We're all together here!!

There is a lot more than me need convinced going by the empty seats. It's a long way back but we have to start somewhere.
Onwards and upwards.

portyhibernian
29-10-2014, 10:22 PM
I've got no doubt if we continue playing as well as we are at the moment we'll be promoted.

Ozyhibby
29-10-2014, 10:23 PM
And btw, if we didn't have bad luck we wouldn't have any.

gaz1875
29-10-2014, 10:30 PM
And btw, if we didn't have bad luck we wouldn't have any.

Ain't that the truth!! :rolleyes:

Kaff
29-10-2014, 10:32 PM
There is a lot more than me need convinced going by the empty seats. It's a long way back but we have to start somewhere.
Onwards and upwards.

Absolutely, lets hope we're on a run of positive performances as i'm sure theres loads just waiting to get back at the sign of entertainment (at least).

Ozyhibby
30-10-2014, 12:26 AM
Absolutely, lets hope we're on a run of positive performances as i'm sure theres loads just waiting to get back at the sign of entertainment (at least).

That's the most important thing, entertainment. I enjoyed tonight's game like I haven't for a while now.

HH81
30-10-2014, 04:20 AM
I don't think we can say the corner is fully turned until we start beating teams like Raith and QOTS.

Alfred E Newman
30-10-2014, 05:47 AM
Yes. There will be bad days but the tide is turning.

HappyAsHellas
30-10-2014, 08:20 AM
Under Fenlon/Butcher I would walk away from ER with my daughter, trying to keep her spirits up, using whatever excuses I could.
On Sunday and last night she was bouncing up and down, clapping and singing her heart out and enjoying the part of her life that is Hibernian F. C.

Thank you, thank you LD and AS:not worth

Kato
30-10-2014, 08:30 AM
To be fair, Pat tried to make us hard to beat and in some respects, he did that - especially with committed players like Deegan and McPake. Williams, Leigh and Harris regularly performed well and helped keep us from relegation but his team always seemed to lack a cohesion, we over relied on the same type of tactic time and time again and didnt have a clue how to play our way out of trouble when the going got tough. Butcher was *****...and I don't have a single good thing to say about him.

Some of the personnel havent changed but most now appear to have an idea as to what thier and the team's collective approach to a game is - and how to express themselves within that approach in order to not become too one dimensional and predictable.

I'm happy with the progress thus far although we need to get Fontaine and Hanlon playing better together - there were a few dodgy monents on Sunday and it sounds like there were again tonight.

Well put.

I don't think we've turned the corner but we are getting there. Have to turn these draws into wins and learn to shut games down.

At least we can see the corner whereas B*tch*r and M*lp*s didn't even realise the corner was there. Also I though Fenlon was desperately unlucky with injuries and that can be an unforgiving scenario.

I'm quietly confident Stubbs could bring us some very good times, he seems to have the same attacking nous Mowbray had but with a bit more grit, taking into account that the club was in way better shape when Mowbray took over even if it wasn't at it's best.

Under Fenlon/Butcher I would walk away from ER with my daughter, trying to keep her spirits up, using whatever excuses I could.
On Sunday and last night she was bouncing up and down, clapping and singing her heart out and enjoying the part of her life that is Hibernian F. C.

Thank you, thank you LD and AS:not worth

Brilliant to hear stuff like this.

Brightside
30-10-2014, 08:46 AM
I think most that have been watching the games would have seen the huge improvement in the style of football. Results will always come if you impriove the quality of the play. I personally couldnt go to the game last night as its too late midweek for my kids (esp as it ended up going to penalities) Listening to it on Mics was turture.

I'll be very disappointed if we cant get 13k at the next home game.

Stevie Reid
30-10-2014, 09:04 AM
We'll have to see in our next match against more standard Championship opposition. In our four games against Rangers and Hearts I think we've looked better overall, and in our two LC matches against SPL opposition we've performed superbly - if we can translate those performance levels against the other eight Championship teams then we'd be hammering them all every week.

Delighted with our progress though - it's easy to forget just how bad a situation Stubbs walked into, and the signs after 3 months are that he as a manager, and we as a team, are improving at a very good rate.

percy veer
30-10-2014, 09:32 AM
I think most that have been watching the games would have seen the huge improvement in the style of football. Results will always come if you impriove the quality of the play. I personally couldnt go to the game last night as its too late midweek for my kids (esp as it ended up going to penalities) Listening to it on Mics was turture.

I'll be very disappointed if we cant get 13k at the next home game.

no chance we will get 13,000 only 8600 there tonight and utd must have had a 2000 of them

Ozyhibby
30-10-2014, 09:38 AM
Agree, it's going to take a run of consistent performances and results. We've not won at home in our last 4 games. That still needs a lot of work before the crowds come back.