PDA

View Full Version : Proud

SteveHFC
29-10-2014, 09:45 PM
We can be proud of ourselves tonight.

hibee-boys
29-10-2014, 09:47 PM
Great effort by all the team, rightly applauded off the park.

cleanyman
29-10-2014, 09:53 PM
I agree to an extent, but we've lost. Again.

Hibs should have won that game in the 90, we blew it.

givescotlandfreedom
29-10-2014, 09:54 PM
Agreed, we played well tonight and stood up to a top SPL team and we're unlucky not to go through ourselves. Top marks to everyone for running their guts out and if we play like that regularly we've nothing to fear. Onwards and upwards

Iceman1875
29-10-2014, 09:54 PM

Trailed three times in the game against a top premiership established team. We done well to pull it back.

Great effort lads, onto Cowdenbeath away 👍

At Easter Road we play...

O'Rourke3
29-10-2014, 09:57 PM
Played we'll but still gutted we're not in the semi. Scott Allan transfer of the season

Sent from my brain

Dashing Bob S
29-10-2014, 09:58 PM
Stubbs and Dempster building more than a quick fix here. There's a sheen of class and professionalism starting to develop around this club, It's starting to get interesting.

Yes, it's the fourth consecutive home game where we drew with inferiour opposition we ought to have finished off, but that will come. Team growing in quality and stature.

Swedish hibee
29-10-2014, 10:05 PM
Thought it was a fabulous game. That's the game that should have been on the BBC- not the guff last night.

S4uzee
29-10-2014, 10:05 PM
Extremely proud but gutted yet again. Familiar feeling but definite signs of improvement

7 Up
29-10-2014, 10:08 PM
I'm definitely not too disappointed. Yeah we lost, but we matched one of the better teams in the country and forced them to rely on penalties to edge past us.

Things seem to be steadily improving and we can all be happy about that.

Pretty Boy
29-10-2014, 10:09 PM
Stayed well after the last penalty to applaud the players off. They deserved it.

Dundee United deserve credit as well, that was a great game of football and both teams played their part.

gaz1875
29-10-2014, 10:17 PM
This was a game that deserved a bigger turnout, a large Hibs support roaring the team forward would have been superb and possibly pushed them on to a win. Some of the attacking football was sublime. The move for the first and second goal and the miss by Cummings (who should have bagged a hatrick) was as good as it gets. Nothing to be ashamed off tonight. :top marks

BOB MARLEYS DUG
29-10-2014, 10:17 PM
Both teams contributed to a good game of football and both sets of supporters were excellent too. :thumbsup:

29-10-2014, 10:24 PM
I totally agree, good performance and shows the commitment and the hearts to come from behind 3 times. Such a cruel way to go out but they should be proud of themsleves!

Onwards and upwards eh! :flag:

ronaldo7
29-10-2014, 10:26 PM
Best game of football at ER for years. If the boys keep that standard up, then they'll be flooding back in their thousands.

We passed the ball well this evening and nearly matched a slick and polished United side.

Things are on the up.:gwa:

--------
29-10-2014, 10:31 PM
Stubbs and Dempster building more than a quick fix here. There's a sheen of class and professionalism starting to develop around this club, It's starting to get interesting.

Yes, it's the fourth consecutive home game where we drew with inferiour opposition we ought to have finished off, but that will come. Team growing in quality and stature.

:top marks Totally agree, Bob. "Interesting" is the word. And "quality". Not words we'd have used in regard to Hibs last season.

NOLA
30-10-2014, 01:26 AM
We can be proud of ourselves tonight.
id be proud if we had won the game, never the less a good perfrmance against a premeirship team, onwards and upwards, our performance in the last 2 games is encouraging

GreenLake
30-10-2014, 01:32 AM
We may be lower in the league but we play the best football in Edinburgh.

Forza Fred
30-10-2014, 02:35 AM

There will always be games we try our best at and lose.

It seems we tried our very best tonight.

That is all we can ask

Salisbury Hibby
30-10-2014, 05:10 AM
I do hope, though, that the coaching team analyse last night's performance - identify areas that individuals need to work on and plan appropriate coaching.

We must still improve, particularly defensively otherwise we'll always be the team that nearly won.

I want us to win.

Phil D. Rolls
30-10-2014, 05:19 AM
I don't know much about how teams train for fitness. It seems we're still suffering from a poor pre season. Is it too late to work in stamina with the winter nights coming in, or can improve.

Billy Whizz
30-10-2014, 05:59 AM
I don't know much about how teams train for fitness. It seems we're still suffering from a poor pre season. Is it too late to work in stamina with the winter nights coming in, or can improve.

Probably a bit unfair. United had an extra days recovery having played on Saturday. Sunday probably took a lot out of Hibs players both physically and emotionally

matty_f
30-10-2014, 06:15 AM

We took a top SPFL side to penalties days after a derby where the team put everything into the match, and your gripe is over fitness? Very harsh there, FR.

marinello59
30-10-2014, 06:17 AM

I think this is one of the fittest Hibs teams we have had in a long time. Opinions eh?

Phil D. Rolls
30-10-2014, 06:58 AM
We took a top SPFL side to penalties days after a derby where the team put everything into the match, and your gripe is over fitness? Very harsh there, FR.

I think this is one of the fittest Hibs teams we have had in a long time. Opinions eh?

Fair play, I was just wondering if we could improve. It was pointed out how Hearts get late goals, and that's a sign of fitness. I was having a look at the stats from 98-99, and its noticeable how we were scoring a lot of late goals.

Alex1875
30-10-2014, 07:15 AM
Class performance last night, you cant fault the team - they gave it their all!

Keith_M
30-10-2014, 07:30 AM
Class performance last night, you cant fault the team - they gave it their all!

I agree with the sentiments but you could actually fault some of the defending.

:duck:

Alex1875
30-10-2014, 12:17 PM
I agree with the sentiments but you could actually fault some of the defending.

I'll agree conceding three goals isn't great and some of the defending, mainly from Oxley, was questionable - at times. However, I was referring to the teams faultless efforts! :cb