PDA

View Full Version : Our mentality now.

GreenArmyyy!
29-10-2014, 05:59 PM
Just curious surrounding tonights game. Do people think we should still be beating teams like Dundee Utd at home or do we now have the mindset that it would be an upset to beat them? Personally for me we should be expecting to beat anybody at Easter Road on our day. GGTTH

Elephant Stone
29-10-2014, 06:04 PM
Bit of both for me, our squad should be confident playing any Scottish team but Dundee United will be playing against stronger teams than we are weekly so they'll probably be a bit sharper.

StarMan10
29-10-2014, 06:08 PM
Given our recent home form over the past couple years and especially this season where we've struggled vs so called lesser teams I'd have to put a victory tonight as an upset. Of course this shouldn't be the case for a club of our stature, but that's where we are at the minute.

rcarter1
29-10-2014, 06:20 PM
I reckon it would be a minor upset if we win. Dundee Utd haven't played that well, but have been getting results. Sometimes this is a sign of a good team working its way through a sticky period. In other cases it is the first stage of decline, whereby the results start following the performances. Our squad is still early days in the making, and I don't expect it top be top 6 SPL standard yet. Basically I haven't a clue..:dunno:

blackpoolhibs
29-10-2014, 06:25 PM
I dont expect us to win tonight, in fact i have backed Dundee Utd at 6/5 to win. If we do win it will be a small shock in my opinion, but we can win if we play to our best. :pray:

ekhibee
29-10-2014, 06:28 PM
I dont expect us to win tonight, in fact i have backed Dundee Utd at 6/5 to win. If we do win it will be a small shock in my opinion, but we can win if we play to our best. :pray:
That's a brilliant price by the way. Utd to win 2-0, but no problems at all if I'm wrong!

PeeJay
29-10-2014, 06:37 PM
Just curious surrounding tonights game. Do people think we should still be beating teams like Dundee Utd at home or do we now have the mindset that it would be an upset to beat them? Personally for me we should be expecting to beat anybody at Easter Road on our day. GGTTH

Personally I think we have more than enough trouble beating Championship-level teams at home never mind teams from a league higher up. In fact, it's actually a minor shock to me when we win any game ... :greengrin

GreenLake
29-10-2014, 06:38 PM

I am inclined to be optimistic and I have to admit being confident we have a good chance of a win tonight. Nevertheless, my stones have retreated high up into my chest cavity so part of me is learning to not build my hopes up. :greengrin

Islington Hibs
29-10-2014, 06:40 PM
I would say we have a pretty good chance- they are favorites clearly but if we play like we did on Sunday I think we could give any team, bar Celtic, a run for their money.

scotiaf
29-10-2014, 06:40 PM
Think we are better when teams come at us, think we can get a result this evening.

It may take 120 minutes though

Ronniekirk
29-10-2014, 07:16 PM
Given our recent home form over the past couple years and especially this season where we've struggled vs so called lesser teams I'd have to put a victory tonight as an upset. Of course this shouldn't be the case for a club of our stature, but that's where we are at the minute.
Tend to agree with this ,but it's a cup game and they will be expansive so maybe we can play on the counter and cause upset . But the Derby will have been a tough shift ,so as game enters last stages we could start to tire ,so wouldn't want extra time .

CRAZYHIBBY
29-10-2014, 07:37 PM
I reckon if we score more goals than them then there's a very good chance we will win

anon1875
29-10-2014, 11:05 PM
I think the rest of Scottish football have it down as an upset but after watching the Hearts game I would say we are more than capable of beating them. In the end we lost on pens but can be proud of the performance.