PDA

View Full Version : Hibs telly vs. Utd

The Tubs
29-10-2014, 11:35 AM
Anyone know if the cable issues have finally been sorted out?

The Green Goblin
29-10-2014, 11:51 AM
On Sunday, I'm pretty sure the commentators said that they had been given permission to broadcast the BBC stream, so the cable issues don't come into it.

The Tubs
29-10-2014, 12:09 PM
Cheers GG, great news. Hopefully they'll post some confirmation up soon so I can get a couple o' beers in.

Dinkydoo
29-10-2014, 12:30 PM
Is the game on alba, BT or Sky Sports tonight? Can't find it listed anywhere disappointingly.

Sergey
29-10-2014, 12:40 PM
Is the game on alba, BT or Sky Sports tonight? Can't find it listed anywhere disappointingly.

It's definitely not on TV and I can't even see any radio coverage mentioned.

It'll probably have to be iSpy coverage for me :boo hoo:

Edit - coverage on Open all Mics via http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/21267690

Dinkydoo
29-10-2014, 12:44 PM
It's definitely not on TV and I can't even see any radio coverage mentioned.

It'll probably have to be iSpy coverage for me :boo hoo:

Shame - it has the potential to be a cracker and I've known for a while that there's no way for me to have gotten to ER by KO tonight. I'm assuming Open All Mics will be on if other cup games are being played - although I think I'd far prefer updates from here!

HiBremian
29-10-2014, 12:56 PM
On Sunday, I'm pretty sure the commentators said that they had been given permission to broadcast the BBC stream, so the cable issues don't come into it.

Cheers GG, great news. Hopefully they'll post some confirmation up soon so I can get a couple o' beers in.

No sign of Hibs TV streaming tonight's match, and no broadcasters either. Think the BBC stream was from Sunday, in case anyone else was :confused: like me.

Peevemor
29-10-2014, 01:00 PM
No sign of Hibs TV streaming tonight's match, and no broadcasters either. Think the BBC stream was from Sunday, in case anyone else was :confused: like me.

I'm with GG. I understood they were speaking about tonight's game. Could it be that the match is being filmed for highlights and they're letting HIbs TV use a feed from one of the central cameras? :dunno:

HiBremian
29-10-2014, 01:09 PM
I'm with GG. I understood they were speaking about tonight's game. Could it be that the match is being filmed for highlights and they're letting HIbs TV use a feed from one of the central cameras? :dunno:

Hope that's the case, but I won't hit that "subscribe" button on HTV until I see some sign of it on the fishy site. Too many false starts already.....

PeeJay
29-10-2014, 01:26 PM
"Live audio for all.Live video available to overseas (outside UK and ROI subscribers)." for Hibs v Dundee United this evening ... on Hibs TV / Official site ... well, that's what it says :greengrin

Peevemor
29-10-2014, 01:28 PM
"Live audio for all.Live video available to overseas (outside UK and ROI subscribers)." for Hibs v Dundee United this evening ... on Hibs TV / Official site ... well, that's what it says :greengrin

:woohoo:

HiBremian
29-10-2014, 01:36 PM

:thumbsup:

The Green Goblin
29-10-2014, 01:38 PM
Never in doubt. Trust the Goblin next time. :greengrin

HiBremian
29-10-2014, 01:45 PM

Couldn't see that page until I'd subscribed :doh:.
Maybe needs a bit of marketing for non-subscribers :hmmm:

pacorosssco
29-10-2014, 03:36 PM

I dont wont to tempt fate . Will this work?

PeeJay
29-10-2014, 03:36 PM

They're not so hot on the marketing side it seems - they're still advertising the Hearts game from last week ... :rolleyes:

HiBremian
29-10-2014, 03:48 PM
I dont wont to tempt fate . Will this work?

£8.99 to find out - bit like a lottery ticket, only more expensive. But then if the cabbage put on a display - priceless ;-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ken
29-10-2014, 03:56 PM
I'm over in Mexico, but only have my ipad. Can you watch hibs tv on an ipad? Don't want to subscribe if it won't work

Billy Whizz
29-10-2014, 04:00 PM
I'm over in Mexico, but only have my ipad. Can you watch hibs tv on an ipad? Don't want to subscribe if it won't work

You can

PeeJay
29-10-2014, 04:21 PM

You can certainly watch it on an iMac so I see no reason why it shouldn't work on an iPad - although Hibs Tv can no doubt find a way to prove me wrong ...:greengrin

Ken
29-10-2014, 05:03 PM
You can

Good stuff, cheers

Ken
29-10-2014, 05:03 PM
You can certainly watch it on an iMac so I see no reason why it shouldn't work on an iPad - although Hibs Tv can no doubt find a way to prove me wrong ...:greengrin

Cheers

IanM
29-10-2014, 05:36 PM
So are all Hibs home games on tv for overseas viewers? And what is te subscription? Can you do monthly? Per game or does it have to be the whole season?

im gonna miss two home games in Jan visiting my bro in US and if I could get that instead id be a happy chappy

The Green Goblin
29-10-2014, 06:07 PM
HIBS TV: LEAGUE CUP COVERAGE
By: Hibernian Media on 29 Oct, 2014 16:15

If you haven’t got a ticket for tonight’s Scottish League Cup tie against Dundee United at Easter Road (kick off 7.45pm, coverage starts at 7.35pm) then you can still stay connected to all the drama as it happens by tuning in to Hibs TV.
CLICK HERE TO TUNE IN TO HIBS TV (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/tv)
The club’s official media channel will be delivering live and uninterrupted audio commentary with a 100% Hibs bias, so you are invited to join commentator Cliff Pike and pundit Kevin Harper for 90+ minutes of adrenaline-charged football.
Our overseas supporters (based outside the UK and Republic of Ireland) can also watch a high-quality video stream of tonight’s Cup tie aligned with our own commentary – putting you in the picture wherever you are in the world.
If you experience any log-in difficulties then please email support@hibernianfc.co.uk and we will try to resolve your issue as soon as possible.
Right now, there is a 13-minute chat with Head Coach Alan Stubbs – available only on Hibs TV - where he talks about his own self-belief, the influences on his managerial career and discusses the merits of Dylan McGeouch and Matthew Kennedy.
After this evening’s game, Alan will share his post-match thoughts with Hibs TV where we tackle all the key talking points – keeping our supporters up to speed with the Hibees.
Plus the entire 90-minute match will be available to watch with our new 'Replay' option - you won't miss a kick.
It’s all well worth watching, so why don’t you take the plunge and sign up for a subscription today? Subscribe now and you will get a lot of football for £5.99 every month.

Peevemor
29-10-2014, 06:49 PM
Was that Kevin Harper on Sunday? Whoever it was (with Cliff), I thought he was excellent.

jazzy7070
29-10-2014, 07:03 PM
How do you login instead of register?im due a freebie off them after I couldn't connect to a game last season hopefully I'll get it for this...I'm in Spain

The Green Goblin
29-10-2014, 07:23 PM
How do you login instead of register?im due a freebie off them after I couldn't connect to a game last season hopefully I'll get it for this...I'm in Spain

From my other post above:

If you experience any log-in difficulties then please email support@hibernianfc.co.uk and we will try to resolve your issue as soon as possible.

​Good luck.

Hibee87
29-10-2014, 07:34 PM
Can you buy the individual game? I am out of the coutnry and logged into hibs TV but cant see no link or anything ot actually purchase this game, mighht be going blind :confused:

Deansy
29-10-2014, 07:37 PM
Please excuse my 'ignorance/low-IT-Knowledge' etc - all I want to do is watch the game as I'm currently housebound due to a broken-leg. All I want to know is if I subscribe to 'Hibs TV' right now, can I WATCH tonight's game on my PC ?

HH81
29-10-2014, 07:39 PM
Please excuse my 'ignorance/low-IT-Knowledge' etc - all I want to do is watch the game as I'm currently housebound due to a broken-leg. All I want to know is if I subscribe to 'Hibs TV' right now, can I WATCH tonight's game on my PC ?

Not if your in the UK or Ireland.

HiBremian
29-10-2014, 07:40 PM
No vid stream yet, seems a BBC problem....

PeeJay
29-10-2014, 07:41 PM
... anyone got a picture yet - just audio at the moment?

The Green Goblin
29-10-2014, 07:46 PM
Audio and black screen.

HiBremian
29-10-2014, 07:46 PM
Audio and black screen.

this.....

Glory Lurker
29-10-2014, 07:48 PM
I love Hibs TV threads - more dramatic than the actual games most times! Good luck to you all!

The Green Goblin
29-10-2014, 07:48 PM
Message from HTV: hibernianfc: We are currently struggling to receive the feed from the BBC. This will be resolved shortly, please bare with us.

GreenLake
29-10-2014, 07:53 PM
HibsTV fail again

hongkonghibee
29-10-2014, 08:01 PM
No video again! Its wrong that they keep selling live video subscriptions but not provide it.

The Green Goblin
29-10-2014, 08:03 PM
ridiculous. how hard would it have been to check the feed before kickoff?

PeeJay
29-10-2014, 08:03 PM
2 goals in the game and Hibs TV viewers can only see a black screen ....

HiBremian
29-10-2014, 08:04 PM
Sounds like they've given up on the, ahem, "BBC feed".

The Green Goblin
29-10-2014, 08:05 PM

this. maybe we are just being negative fans though. :rolleyes:thats another goal. 2-1

HiBremian
29-10-2014, 08:05 PM

make that 3

Ken
29-10-2014, 08:07 PM
I'm on holiday in Mexico but register address is in the UK. Could that be why I'm getting audio only??

The Green Goblin
29-10-2014, 08:07 PM

It`s a high quality black screen though.....

HiBremian
29-10-2014, 08:08 PM
I'm on holiday in Mexico but register address is in the UK. Could that be why I'm getting audio only??

Easy to change the registered address on your profile, so don't think so. No one is getting the vid stream right now...

GreenLake
29-10-2014, 08:09 PM
I have no picture of the game. They are just showing me a live representation of the ideas that HibsTV have for fixing the feed.

The Green Goblin
29-10-2014, 08:10 PM
Shame on all of you and your "constant negativity". :cb Didn`t you read the OfficialHFC post the other week?

It`s just ridiculous.

Berwickhibby
29-10-2014, 08:12 PM
Once again Hibs TV fail again to provide the service that we pay for....... has anybody got any other links?

GreenLake
I still think we are going to win the game, albeit in my visual absence. :wink:

HiBremian
I have no picture of the game. They are just showing me a live representation of the ideas that HibsTV have for fixing the feed.

13731Any one at Easter Road got one of these? :cb

jazzy7070
29-10-2014, 08:16 PM
Can't even get on to forgotten password screen,it won't submit at all.jole of a site and a waste of money..can't even get commentary..I'm out

GreenLake
29-10-2014, 08:16 PM
Couldnae stream pish after ten pints

Deansy
29-10-2014, 08:17 PM
Not if your in the UK or Ireland.

Cheers mate http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/boo%20hoo.gif

California-Hibs
29-10-2014, 08:18 PM
I'm telling you, anyone thinking of subscribing and giving money to Hibs TV....run a mile away with your money firmly in your hand! They are liers, and just a complete JOKE!

They've promised two different months where all the home games will be made available, they've failed both times. They promised tonights game, they've failed. They have zero communication with all subscribers, no emails about what's going on, nothing at all. I'm astonished someone hasn't taken it upon themselves to take it further and do something more about this. It's literally robbery.

PeeJay
29-10-2014, 08:18 PM
Cheers mate http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/boo%20hoo.gif

Come to think of it, we can't watch it either ...

GreenLake
29-10-2014, 08:21 PM
13731Any one at Easter Road got one of these? :cb

You can't make this up. Now they tell us they are working on getting the satellite signal restored. So they need a satellite transmission to get the signal from the gantry to the HibsTV PC. :greengrin

HiBremian
29-10-2014, 08:23 PM
You can't make this up. Now they tell us they are working on getting the satellite signal restored. So they need a satellite transmission to get the signal from the gantry to the HibsTV PC. :greengrin

I suppose they call what we're getting "the wireless" :rolleyes:

HiBremian
29-10-2014, 08:32 PM
Wow, I spy a video stream!!!

.....just in time for half time

GreenLake
29-10-2014, 08:34 PM
Someone found the power switch

The Green Goblin
29-10-2014, 08:34 PM
and as the HT whistle blows, the video appears...

GreenLake
29-10-2014, 08:35 PM
Wow, I spy a video stream!!!

.....just in time for half time

SFA rules say they need to issue a refund if the whole of the first half is missed.:greengrin

HiBremian
29-10-2014, 08:36 PM
SFA rules say they need to issue a refund if the whole of the first half is missed.:greengrin

Petrie :grr:

The Green Goblin
29-10-2014, 08:44 PM
Thought LD`s post said she was going to take a hand in making sure this kind of farce didn`t happen again.....

Peevemor
29-10-2014, 08:45 PM
Thought LD`s post said she was going to take a hand in making sure this kind of farce didn`t happen again.....

Maybe the techie guys assured her that everything was fine? :dunno:

The Green Goblin
29-10-2014, 09:00 PM
Maybe the techie guys assured her that everything was fine? :dunno:

No doubt PM, but it`s a farce every single week. Every week. I just watched a black screen for 45 minutes and the video is now up, but the audio is now ahead of the video by a few seconds...

I have always been a big defender of HTV and I think I have been pretty fair but I have been as patient as I can be after 3 months of nonsense and failed promises and a service that hasn`t been delivered. There comes a point where enough is enough. LD had a go at fans for being negative then admitted that HTV had been an "own goal" and she said they were going to look at it. Well, it`s still an "own goal". Every single game. I just want them to get the basics right. That`s all. As an overseas subscriber yourself, surely you are a bit fed up of it all by now?

Peevemor
29-10-2014, 09:02 PM
No doubt PM, but it`s a farce every single week. Every week. I just watched a black screen for 45 minutes and the video is now up, but the audio is now ahead of the video by a few seconds...

I have always been a big defender of HTV and I think I have been pretty fair but I have been as patient as I can be after 3 months of nonsense and failed promises and a service that hasn`t been delivered. There comes a point where enough is enough. LD had a go at fans for being negative then admitted that HTV had been an "own goal" and she said they were going to look at it. Well, it`s still an "own goal". Every single game. I just want them to get the basics right. That`s all. As an overseas subscriber yourself, surely you are a bit fed up of it all by now?

... and it's doing my nut in!

The Green Goblin
Glad that we are now at 2-2, but I heard the goal being described before I saw it.... ach.

The Green Goblin
... and it's doing my nut in!

:wink:

Septimus
30-10-2014, 06:23 AM
I gave up and went to bed. I certainly do not grudge Hibs my ninety pounds and I hope that they have used it wisely.

PeeJay
30-10-2014, 08:44 AM
I gave up and went to bed. I certainly do not grudge Hibs my ninety pounds and I hope that they have used it wisely.

Well maybe - but it doesn't appear to be used on the providing the service ... On Sunday I was disappointed to have missed the kick off and a few minutes of the 1st half - last night we only saw a few minutes at the end of the first half ... once it was running the stream was then great ...

Personally, I grudge them the 90 pounds ...

Keith_M
30-10-2014, 08:51 AM
I personally think that anyone that subscribed to a Hibs TV Subscription should ask for a refund. They offered a service, took the money, then failed to provide the service.

I see no clearer 'breach of sale' than that.

hongkonghibee
30-10-2014, 01:14 PM
Has anyone any update as to when BT will finish laying the new internet cable ? Its been months now ! Anyone seen BT workers digging up the pavement outside Easter Road yet?:rolleyes:
Staring at a black screen for 40 minutes at 3.45am is getting kind of annoying.

eastterrace
30-10-2014, 09:20 PM
Has anyone any update as to when BT will finish laying the new internet cable ? Its been months now ! Anyone seen BT workers digging up the pavement outside Easter Road yet?:rolleyes:
Staring at a black screen for 40 minutes at 3.45am is getting kind of annoying.

there aint no digging going on around the ground that i can see and i passed about hour ago. not sure if they would have to dig as surely the cable is already laid as lots of houses there now. maybe just need a wee connection from the street to the club.

PeeJay
31-10-2014, 08:14 AM
I personally think that anyone that subscribed to a Hibs TV Subscription should ask for a refund. They offered a service, took the money, then failed to provide the service.

I see no clearer 'breach of sale' than that.

It's a fair point, but "we've" been here before" in many ways - there's almost always something that doesn't quite work - we HIbs TV overseas fans are just like the guys back home: we live in eternal hope of better days ... :greengrin