PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday Le God

FranckSuzy
28-10-2014, 07:41 PM
Nothing else to add, so I'm just going to watch this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_dNDskgVAU) again instead :sauzee: :not worth

Pretty Boy
28-10-2014, 07:47 PM
That goal against Hearts in the millenium derby. Beautiful.

I was sitting almost directly in line behind it and it was in before it even left his foot.

Hibernia&Alba
28-10-2014, 07:47 PM
Very happy memories :-)

Stax
28-10-2014, 07:55 PM
Magnifique! Cheers for posting.

28-10-2014, 08:36 PM
Happy birthday Le God :hibees:flag:

Also big happy birthday to the late Great Mr Lawrie Reilly who also would have been celebrating his birthday today!

:flag::flag::flag:

FranckSuzy
28-10-2014, 08:38 PM
Happy birthday Le God :hibees:flag:

Also big happy birthday to the late Great Mr Lawrie Reilly who also would have been celebrating his birthday today!

:flag::flag::flag:

Absolutely :agree: How lucky we were....

28-10-2014, 08:47 PM
Absolutely :agree: How lucky we were....

Indeed!

Just watching that link you posted. God he could hit 'em eh hahaha! :not worth

Peevemor
28-10-2014, 08:53 PM
Great! I can whip this out again.

http://youtu.be/e0NJm-H6t58

Haymaker
28-10-2014, 09:09 PM
Legend.

Hibernia&Alba
28-10-2014, 09:13 PM

I'm feart to click on this link :-D

Cabbage East
28-10-2014, 09:24 PM
I don't believe in God. But if Franck told me to, I would.

An actual genius.

hibee-boys
28-10-2014, 09:37 PM
To think he only got 30 odd caps for France, shows the quality they had at there disposal during his career. True professional both on and off the park, would love to see him back one day.....even for half time hibby draw!!:)

Cabbage East
28-10-2014, 09:44 PM
To think he only got 30 odd caps for France, shows the quality they had at there disposal during his career. True professional both on and off the park, would love to see him back one day.....even for half time hibby draw!!:)

He captained them several times, which says a lot given they had some of the best players in the world at that point.

weonlywon6-2
28-10-2014, 09:50 PM
For as much as we love him i can never understand why he comes knowhere near the club.Even if he doesnt get on with petrie you have to get over that for the fans.
I wonder if we will ever see him again?

AlbertK86
28-10-2014, 10:05 PM
Class sheer class

Happy birthday Le God

Hairs were up on the back of the neck watching the clips

Sauzee there's only one Sauzee

easty
28-10-2014, 10:27 PM
My favourite ever Hibs player, I'll never see a better player at Hibs in my lifetime.

Happy birthday. :not worth

erin go bragh
28-10-2014, 10:29 PM
My son shares Le Gods birthday . Double celebration in our family .

Ggtth

AlbertK86
28-10-2014, 10:31 PM
My favourite ever Hibs player, I'll never see a better player at Hibs in my lifetime. Happy birthday. :not worth

Don't think there will be many that will disagree with you

Squealing pig
28-10-2014, 10:41 PM
Absolute legend was hard to let him go , still got sauzee on back of my top 3 seasons after he left. God

silverhibee
28-10-2014, 10:47 PM
For as much as we love him i can never understand why he comes knowhere near the club.Even if he doesnt get on with petrie you have to get over that for the fans.

I think he fell head over heals in love with Hibs, but the club broke his heart when they sacked him, i remember a young Riordan telling me a story that he heard from Donald Park that Sauzee begged the Board to give him and Donald the St Johnstone game and they would guarantee the win they needed, they were sacked and according to DP, Sauzee was distraught at the decision and didn't take it well.

I doubt we will ever see him back at ER again, he wants no contact with the club.

Northernhibee
28-10-2014, 10:52 PM
Happy birthday. What a legend of a man. Oozes class.

leggeto
28-10-2014, 11:05 PM
Strolled every game,pure class,happy birthday to the man

Jonnyboy
28-10-2014, 11:27 PM
Franck was a magnificent player and much loved by Hibs fans. I too wish he would come back just so that we can remind him of that fact.

Disc O'Dave
28-10-2014, 11:27 PM
My son shares Le Gods birthday . Double celebration in our family .

Ggtth

It gets even better...he shares mine too ;)

buktapurple79
29-10-2014, 07:24 AM
Franck was a magnificent player and much loved by Hibs fans. I too wish he would come back just so that we can remind him of that fact.

A touch of class the Yams could only dream about attracting to their vile establishment mob. Allez Le God!

Keith_M
29-10-2014, 09:59 AM

I'm feart to click on this link :-D

I'm glad I wasn't the only one that thought that

:wink:

jacomo
29-10-2014, 12:22 PM
I think he fell head over heals in love with Hibs, but the club broke his heart when they sacked him, i remember a young Riordan telling me a story that he heard from Donald Park that Sauzee begged the Board to give him and Donald the St Johnstone game and they would guarantee the win they needed, they were sacked and according to DP, Sauzee was distraught at the decision and didn't take it well.

I doubt we will ever see him back at ER again, he wants no contact with the club.

Typical bad decision from the conduit. The club panicked. Sad end to his association with the club.

Anyhow, Bon anniversaire grand homme!

Peevemor
29-10-2014, 12:30 PM
Typical bad decision from the conduit. The club panicked. Sad end to his association with the club.

Anyhow, Bon anniversaire grand homme!

Except he voted to keep Franck, but hey ...

29-10-2014, 12:30 PM

Would love to see him come back and come on at half time or something - what a reception he would get! It would certainly pull more folk through the gates if he was due to make an appearance!

BOB MARLEYS DUG
29-10-2014, 12:31 PM
Happy birthday Franck, masterclass :thumbsup:

jacomo
29-10-2014, 12:47 PM
Except he voted to keep Franck, but hey ...

Well, I didn't know that. How do you know?

If so, it gets taken off the charge sheet!

The_Exile
29-10-2014, 12:59 PM
Petrie was the only, or one of 2 board members who voted to keep him for the St Johnstone game, the rest panicked and pulled the trigger.

As for Franck, although he did genuinely have an affinity for the club, apparently a lot of it was for "show" and once he left, he had no intention of coming back as the "past/fallen hero", remember, he was getting paid an absolute fortune whilst here. Still remains as my favourite ever Hibs player.

29-10-2014, 01:17 PM
Petrie was the only, or one of 2 board members who voted to keep him for the St Johnstone game, the rest panicked and pulled the trigger.

As for Franck, although he did genuinely have an affinity for the club, apparently a lot of it was for "show" and once he left, he had no intention of coming back as the "past/fallen hero", remember, he was getting paid an absolute fortune whilst here. Still remains as my favourite ever Hibs player.

I disagree, seeing him in tears after he was sacked as manager and the passion he showed on the park and to the hibs fans shows how much the club and the hibs fans meant to him. I don't think his love for the club was put on or exaggerated, it was obvious just how much affection he had for the club. He obviously felt devastated at the way it all ended for him.

FranckSuzy
29-10-2014, 02:14 PM

Sorry, can't agree with your second paragraph. I was lucky enough to be at the 'do' for Franck where supporters presented him with a beautiful claret jug, to symbolise the relationship between Leith and France.

To say he was overwhelmed, firstly by the reception he received (non-stop singing of "Sauzee, there's only one Sauzee") then when he received his gift, is an understatement. He was very emotional and lost for words.

Cabbage East
29-10-2014, 02:32 PM

Nonsense.

truehibernian
29-10-2014, 02:41 PM

When he was moving out his home (New Town) he was gutted to be leaving the city and Hibs.

What makes you say that and did Franck himself say he had no intention of coming back ?

I think he will come back one day............not sure when but he will in my opinion.

superfurryhibby
29-10-2014, 02:58 PM

He will be back one day, once Petrie and STF have done with Hibs.

Jonnyboy
29-10-2014, 03:07 PM

That cannae be right. A) Petrie is to blame for all bad things at Hibs and B) His word is final and so he couldn't be outvoted ................ or so I keep reading on here :wink:

jacomo
29-10-2014, 03:26 PM
When he was moving out his home (New Town) he was gutted to be leaving the city and Hibs.

What makes you say that and did Franck himself say he had no intention of coming back ?

I think he will come back one day............not sure when but he will in my opinion.

What's stopping him? None of those who voted for him to go are still involved, are they?

The_Exile
29-10-2014, 04:03 PM
I'm certainly not saying he didn't love the club and the fans, I'm sure he did. Perhaps others who have spoken with or know players who were at the club during Franck's time can perhaps confirm and/or put it across better than I can! I was gutted when he left the way he did and I'm of the belief he was also gutted the time had come to an end for him at the club. But having said that, do you think he'd have been here for 1-2k a week? That he'd perhaps fallen in love with the Hibs story before he kicked a ball for us? He was here because we paid him very handsomely for his services.

Edit: Sorry to burst peoples bubble over Franck, but the reason he has never returned is that he doesnae really give a **** IMO. He will always be a modern day club legend though, nothing can take that away.

The_Exile
29-10-2014, 04:10 PM
That cannae be right. A) Petrie is to blame for all bad things at Hibs and B) His word is final and so he couldn't be outvoted ................ or so I keep reading on here :wink:

That may well be true, but my sources indicated he had shaved his tache that day so was left vulnerable to attack :greengrin

Jonnyboy
29-10-2014, 11:52 PM
That may well be true, but my sources indicated he had shaved his tache that day so was left vulnerable to attack :greengrin

:greengrin

Baader
30-10-2014, 08:54 AM
Petrie wasn't chairman when Franck went it was Malcolm MacPherson. Just because Franck didn't play for us for free doesn't mean his affection for the club was anything other than genuine. Was fortunate to have met him outside football a few times and his love for Hibs was anything but an act. Happy birthday!