PDA

View Full Version : You're wrong chubby chops....

HIBERNIAN-0762
28-10-2014, 03:08 PM
Robertson saying the lucky strike was the best derby goal ever....short memory wee man...this was class, not luck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0-_MPKiCiA

Keith_M
28-10-2014, 03:10 PM
I don't think he actually said it was the best.

HIBERNIAN-0762
28-10-2014, 03:12 PM
"Best derby goal ever" is the headline anyway.

Pretty Boy
28-10-2014, 03:17 PM
It was a good goal.

Latapy banging home the 6th on the volley was better. By miles.

Mr White
28-10-2014, 03:29 PM
Riordan scored 3 better derby goals, all into the top keeper in the country at the time.

HibbyAndy
28-10-2014, 03:41 PM
Riordan scored 3 better derby goals, all into the top keeper in the country at the time.

:agree:

Riordan 30 yard screamer at the hearts end Easter road is the best goal i've ever seen.

hibs0666
28-10-2014, 03:43 PM
Robertson saying the lucky strike was the best derby goal ever....short memory wee man...this was class, not luck.

Defintely not the best, definitely the spawniest.

Boyle89
28-10-2014, 03:43 PM

Riordan 30 yard screamer at the hearts end Easter road is the best goal i've ever seen.

This! Sheer class.

Craig_HFC
28-10-2014, 03:46 PM
Latapy's goal in 6-2 is the best goal in an Edinburgh Derby by a country mile.

Hibs07p
28-10-2014, 03:56 PM
Sparky's "goal" from the free kick was better.

GGTTH

Finbar
28-10-2014, 04:07 PM
It was further over the line.

patlowe
28-10-2014, 04:20 PM
The goal that people tend to forget is Deek's first time volley at Tynie in a 2-1 defeat. Maybe the circumstances come into play in these arguments but, regardless, it really is one of the greatest goals I've ever seen in terms of technique and execution.

Mr White
28-10-2014, 04:26 PM
The goal that people tend to forget is Deek's first time volley at Tynie in a 2-1 defeat. Maybe the circumstances come into play in these arguments but, regardless, it really is one of the greatest goals I've ever seen in terms of technique and execution.

:agree: it was that one, the 30 yarder at the dunbar end and the left foot raker into the top corner at the ff end I was referring to above.

lord bunberry
28-10-2014, 04:47 PM
Sunday's goal wasn't lucky, when he hit it he the intention was to score

patlowe
28-10-2014, 04:50 PM

:agree: It was an absolute screamer and we'd be just as excited about it if it was the other way around.

28-10-2014, 04:52 PM
Latapys 6-2 goal, Riordans at ER and Sparkys free kick are three that immediatly spring to mind as better goals.

Pete
28-10-2014, 05:04 PM
It was a good goal but lets not forget that it was a wind assisted hit and hope.

Gordon making it seven was a better goal.

7 Hills
28-10-2014, 05:14 PM
Latapy's in the 6-2 match is the best for me too, with honourable mentions for two goals which didn't stand: Sparky's 40 yard screamer which was denied despite clearing the goal line by two foot, and the "goal" where Riordan nicked the ball from Craig Gordon at Schweincastle when he was about to hoof it up the park, then slotted it into the net from an almost impossible angle whilst overbalancing close to the byeline. John Rowbotham was the ref and (rightly, within the laws of the game) disallowed it, although the linesman thought it was a goal and ran back towards the halfway line! It was one of the most genius pieces of football I've ever witnessed. And we won 2-1 anyway! :flag: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/4436903.stm

NAE NOOKIE
28-10-2014, 05:31 PM
Kevin Harper scored two great goals v the Yams. First time volley and one where he ran from the half way line and passed it into the net.

LioNeilMessi
28-10-2014, 05:40 PM
For the drama of winning the game in the last minute at Tynecastle in front of the Hibs fans, Ross Caldwell's goal is right up there for me. Not a bad goal, technically, either :cb

Lago
28-10-2014, 05:48 PM

Cant say I thought it was a lucky strike.

hibs0666
28-10-2014, 05:48 PM

Hibs have lost two goals like that in 25 years. Of course it was a lucky hit.

Yuillsy
28-10-2014, 05:52 PM
De la Cruz's 1st about 30 seconds into the match at ER was an absolute peach!

Crops73
28-10-2014, 05:53 PM
Defintely not the best, definitely the spawniest.

Bit unfair in my opinion.

KingFranck
28-10-2014, 06:01 PM
Sauzee's brilliant strike from 20+ yards at *********** my favourite
Oops sorry admins didn't realise I couldn't say that!

lord bunberry
28-10-2014, 06:02 PM
Hibs have lost two goals like that in 25 years. Of course it was a lucky hit.

Surely it's only lucky if he didn't mean it or it took a deflection. I agree that 99 times out of 100 it wouldn't be a goal, but that doesn't make it lucky

Eyrie
28-10-2014, 06:04 PM
Bit unfair in my opinion.

Surely it's only lucky if he didn't mean it or it took a deflection. I agree that 99 times out of 100 it wouldn't be a goal, but that doesn't make it lucky

Six inches lower and Oxley tips it over the bar, six inches higher and it comes back off the bar. The fact that their player meant to shoot does not detract from how unfortunate it was that the ball hit the bar at just the right angle to go in.

Bronson
28-10-2014, 06:15 PM
Let's not kid ourselves, it's up there with the best, ridiculous strike.

Griffiths' free kick still wins it for me though.

Keith_M
28-10-2014, 06:16 PM
"Best derby goal ever" is the headline anyway.

Headlines very rarely reflect the content of the article.

FWIW, Robbo said it 'was one of the best'.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
28-10-2014, 06:24 PM
It was further over the line.

:greengrin

Crops73
28-10-2014, 06:26 PM
Six inches lower and Oxley tips it over the bar, six inches higher and it comes back off the bar. The fact that their player meant to shoot does not detract from how unfortunate it was that the ball hit the bar at just the right angle to go in.

Oh well - that's us told then.

Still think it was a wee bitty unfair.

ekhibee
28-10-2014, 06:38 PM

That'll be this then

http://youtu.be/6kCi33Vdb-g

weonlywon6-2
28-10-2014, 06:41 PM

This goal is easily tbe best strike in a derby in all my years,quite simply amazing

hibs0666
28-10-2014, 07:27 PM

I buy a lottery ticket with the intention of winning a million. I still need to be very lucky to win, just like that yam bombscare on Sunday.

Hibs Class
28-10-2014, 08:08 PM

If Robertson chooses to give it the award for best hearts goal v hibs I couldn't care less. He can GTF though if he wants to compare it to goals that we have scored against them.

lord bunberry
28-10-2014, 08:13 PM
I buy a lottery ticket with the intention of winning a million. I still need to be very lucky to win, just like that yam bombscare on Sunday.

It's not the same. You don't have any influence on the numbers drawn in the lottery.

HIBERNIAN-0762
28-10-2014, 09:45 PM
That'll be this then

http://youtu.be/6kCi33Vdb-g

Look at all the empty seats at they're end, yet another yam myth.

weonlywon6-2
28-10-2014, 09:47 PM

They were just away vandalising the toilets i tell ya

NadeAteMyLunch!
28-10-2014, 09:55 PM
Think we can all agree that we have scored some unbelievable goals against them over the years, despite our horrible derby record.
Meanwhile Sunday is the first time I can remember them scoring a decent one against us. That bombscare centre half could strike that another 500 times and not get close to scoring

NadeAteMyLunch!
28-10-2014, 10:19 PM

Empty any time that we're going into a derby in better form or with a stronger squad. 800 of them at the 6-2 game, lowest travelling support at an Edinburgh derby since before WW2. Of course they were 'protesting' that day as we had charged them an extra pound for their tickets. We could have charged them £50 on Sunday and they would have sold out still. Helmets

Sir David Gray
28-10-2014, 10:25 PM
It wasn't even the best derby goal this season.

Farid's effort at Tynecastle was miles better, and it was meant as well.

Eyrie
28-10-2014, 11:37 PM
Oh well - that's us told then.

Still think it was a wee bitty unfair.
If it was skill rather than being spawny then he will score like that every week. The fact that he can't even hit the target in training with that shot proves he got lucky.

Typical bleeping derby that the one time he got lucky was against us.

nonshinyfinish
29-10-2014, 09:28 AM
Empty any time that we're going into a derby in better form or with a stronger squad. 800 of them at the 6-2 game, lowest travelling support at an Edinburgh derby since before WW2. Of course they were 'protesting' that day as we had charged them an extra pound for their tickets. We could have charged them £50 on Sunday and they would have sold out still. Helmets

800 at kick-off, that is – lucky if there were 80 of them by the end.

MrSmith
29-10-2014, 10:51 AM
Archie's goal at tune castle from kano's through ball :na na:

zlatan
29-10-2014, 11:08 AM
2 of their 3 goals against us this season have been amongst the best Hearts goals in a derby I've seen. Not that there has been many.

lyonhibs
29-10-2014, 11:10 AM
It wasn't even the best derby goal this season.

Farid's effort at Tynecastle was miles better, and it was meant as well.

I think we can all see that the intention of the Yam Bombscare was to shoot, and therefore to shoot on target. No-one intends to miss, despite some of the evidence we've seen at ER over the past few seasons..

Obviously he could intend to hit the target from that range another 999 times and not do it, but to imply he didn't "mean" it to hit the target in the first place is a bit wide of the mark.

rcarter1
29-10-2014, 11:29 AM
I think we can all see that the intention of the Yam Bombscare was to shoot, and therefore to shoot on target. No-one intends to miss, despite some of the evidence we've seen at ER over the past few seasons..

Obviously he could intend to hit the target from that range another 999 times and not do it, but to imply he didn't "mean" it to hit the target in the first place is a bit wide of the mark.

If Ozturk bangs in a few more of these, then Ill be prepared to say he knew what he was doing. If, as it seems likely it was a 1 in a 100+ shot, then you could argue the better decision was to continue running into the space and look to create a chance for someone else. For me it was a bad decision to shoot from there, and he got very lucky. The difference between Deeks and Griffiths, is that their goals were the kind of strikes they were capable of puling off regularly (and more like 1 in 5 to pull off). Squigglers (Rankin), toe pokes (Narey), one offs (Jensen) and the rest are frankly fortunate. Another way to look at it is that our keeper might on another day have saved Ozturks shot (not that I put any blame on Oxley). It was 95% great shot, 5% keeper fail. Again Griffiths and Riordans efforts were 99%+ down to the quality of the strike.

Bad Martini
29-10-2014, 12:35 PM

Doing something with an intention and it happening in the end, can still be borne from luck.

I intended to get to work three weeks ago and got there alive. I was very lucky given the way I set about my trip, the speed I done and the chances I took that I shouldn't have...

See, possible to mean something and it still happen with a bit of luck. :greengrin

And, putting all that aside...none of the yams or even our efforts, come close to Riordan's screamer from 30 yards. Straight from the almighty, channeled through Deeks boot. Woosh. Have that mutants.

ENDOF

Spike Mandela
29-10-2014, 01:22 PM

Not Derby related but you mentioning that goal reminds me of his disallowed goal when we were 4-1 up against Dundee and eventually drew 4-4. What a goal. Can see it hear around 5mins 30.:thumbsup:

http://youtu.be/D7tTGZAw4Jo

Hibby Gav
29-10-2014, 01:48 PM
Not Derby related but you mentioning that goal reminds me of his disallowed goal when we were 4-1 up against Dundee and eventually drew 4-4. What a goal. Can see it hear around 5mins 30.:thumbsup:

http://youtu.be/D7tTGZAw4Jo

Now Deeks really did have the touch of an angel !

ggtth