PDA

View Full Version : New year derby

Hibeesmad
27-10-2014, 07:41 PM
I just want it to come now, I suspect we will sell the place out and take the atmosphere over there. Hopefully we can go on a run between now and then put us back right into the mix because from yesterday I'm sure other teams were watching and realised they can break down hearts

Hermit Crab
27-10-2014, 10:30 PM
I just want it to come now, I suspect we will sell the place out and take the atmosphere over there. Hopefully we can go on a run between now and then put us back right into the mix because from yesterday I'm sure other teams were watching and realised they can break down hearts

We will sell it out because if hearts sell half season tickets then our allocation will be cut to 1100 for the roseburn stand. Let the scramble for tickets commence.

CallumLaidlaw
27-10-2014, 10:46 PM
We will sell it out because if hearts sell half season tickets then our allocation will be cut to 1100 for the roseburn stand. Let the scramble for tickets commence.

I cannot possibly see how they'd be allowed to split that stand for a derby

Hermit Crab
27-10-2014, 10:54 PM

They've done it before.

Dunbar Hibee
27-10-2014, 11:07 PM
We will get our usual allocation.

Hermit Crab
27-10-2014, 11:16 PM

Yes, only if hearts don't sell half season tickets. They've already done the same to Rangers in their up and coming fixture against them at tynie. They will have no problem doing it to us if they have to. They've done before.

Sir David Gray
27-10-2014, 11:20 PM

I don't think they'll do it this season but did they not do it a few years ago?

Hermit Crab
27-10-2014, 11:26 PM
I don't think they'll do it this season but did they not do it a few years ago?

Yes they did. The stand is designed to be split into two halfs. Inside the theres a roller shutter that comes down to seperate fans. Usual segregation procedures apply up in the seated areas.

Broken Gnome
28-10-2014, 04:05 AM
When did they do it before?

California-Hibs
28-10-2014, 04:54 AM
Wish it was tomorrow tbh! They escape defeat from a major slice of luck! The thing that's keeping me sane is that at least every Jambo I've talked to acknowledges this and accepts we were the better team and are very surprised how much control we had of the game!

3pm
28-10-2014, 06:18 AM
When did they do it before?

They haven't. Hibs have always received a full allocation. Whether we've sold out is another matter.

The only time I can recall segregation in the same stand was at ER when the East was being rebuilt.

Alex Trager
28-10-2014, 06:44 AM
I cannot see how the police will allow us both to occupy the same stand at new year? Any other time of year I could possibly see it. New year. No chance Id say

Hermit Crab
28-10-2014, 10:10 AM
They have split that stand before. I'm sure it was around 05/06 when they were flying.

28-10-2014, 10:13 AM
Hearts showed on Sunday that yes they have had a good start but they aren't a great team - they are able to be broken down. They got out of jail with a major slice of luck that once again went for them in a derby. Any jambo that is honest with themselves will tell you that hibs deserved to win.

Keith_M
28-10-2014, 10:14 AM
They have split that stand before. I'm sure it was around 05/06 when they were flying.

I think your memory is playing tricks, HC. They did it to both Rangers and Celtic during that time but had an agreement with Hibs that neither Club would do it for a Derby.

Pretty Boy
28-10-2014, 10:15 AM

Did they split it for a derby? I remember it being split for a Rangers game but not a derby.

I was always under the impression we had an agreement that each team got a full stand and it was honoured so the other team did likewise. Maybe our increased capacity and reduced crowds currently mean Hearts are willing to risk it.

marinello59
28-10-2014, 10:16 AM

Not with us they didn't. Just like we didn't split the South Stand with them when we were selling half season tickets in their.
Have they said they are thinking of doing this now or is it just wishful thinking on your part?

Hermit Crab
28-10-2014, 10:19 AM
Did they split it for a derby? I remember it being split for a Rangers game but not a derby.

I was always under the impression we had an agreement that each team got a full stand and it was honoured so the other team did likewise. Maybe our increased capacity and reduced crowds currently mean Hearts are willing to risk it.

I think if they did risk it then it might pay off as they would sell half season tickets no problem. However we could do the same in the last Derby at Easter rd which could be very important indeed. We could be spiteful and only give them half the south and leave the rest empty.

Hermit Crab
28-10-2014, 10:27 AM
Not with us they didn't. Just like we didn't split the South Stand with them when we were selling half season tickets in their.
Have they said they are thinking of doing this now or is it just wishful thinking on your part?

Why would be wishful thinking on my part?

I spoke to a jambo mate of mind who's enquired about half season tickets. He was told by hearts if they sell them it would be in the roseburn but that would mean cutting Hibs and Rangers allocation. While they don't have a problem doing that with Rangers they are unsure about doing it to us. His words. Also not a wind up.

bruno
28-10-2014, 11:18 AM

Hibs, as always will be offered the full Roseburn, as they should be.

Only if Hibs do not wish more than a couple of sections will this be opened up to Hearts fans too. This will be highly unlikely as I am sure Hibs will sell out or nearly sell out that end.

The Roseburn can be split easily with metal shutters and separate entry/exit points

05/06 only category B tickets were sold in the Roseburn so did not affect allocations offered to Hibs

HibbyAndy
28-10-2014, 12:01 PM
Hibs, as always will be offered the full Roseburn, as they should be.

Only if Hibs do not wish more than a couple of sections will this be opened up to Hearts fans too. This will be highly unlikely as I am sure Hibs will sell out or nearly sell out that end.

The Roseburn can be split easily with metal shutters and separate entry/exit points

05/06 only category B tickets were sold in the Roseburn so did not affect allocations offered to Hibs

Hibs will sellout no probs at New year.

hibee-boys
28-10-2014, 12:01 PM
I can't see Hearts having to worry about them having to share the South Stand with us anytime soon, 3 half empty stands was embarrassing enough on Sunday!:(

Keith_M
28-10-2014, 12:06 PM

Thanks bruno, that's certainly how I remember it.

green day
28-10-2014, 12:21 PM
I can't see Hearts having to worry about them having to share the South Stand with us anytime soon, 3 half empty stands was embarrassing enough on Sunday!:(

Not as embarrassing as the sectarian singing in your (sorry, hearts) end.

Ross4356
28-10-2014, 02:15 PM
Yes, only if hearts don't sell half season tickets. They've already done the same to Rangers in their up and coming fixture against them at tynie. They will have no problem doing it to us if they have to. They've done before.

They have never done this against us and I would be surprised if they did this, this season

lord bunberry
28-10-2014, 02:25 PM
They could sell category b season tickets that wouldn't include hibs or the rangers games.

Albanian Hibs
28-10-2014, 02:47 PM
Hibs have never had their allocation halved at the pbs.

28-10-2014, 03:54 PM
Hibs have never had their allocation halved at the pbs.

We had half the stand the night we beat them with that Riordan penalty but the other half was left empty and not given to hearts supporters

Crops73
28-10-2014, 05:00 PM
Not as embarrassing as the sectarian singing in your (sorry, hearts) end.

Yeah - it did sound that way didn't it?

emerald green
28-10-2014, 05:03 PM

Would the police not have something to say about that? Potential for some serious crowd trouble there I would imagine, especially with supporters tanked up at new year.

green day
28-10-2014, 05:08 PM
Yeah - it did sound that way didn't it?

You mean a guy that joined this forum the day after 'that' cup final - cant imagine why I am suspicious !!

weonlywon6-2
28-10-2014, 06:18 PM

Yep,they kinda have to because we give them an end.

weonlywon6-2
28-10-2014, 06:28 PM

Pete
28-10-2014, 06:32 PM

Agree. It's all about percentages which is why they do it (quite rightly) to the Glasgow clubs when they can.

hibee-boys
28-10-2014, 06:47 PM
You mean a guy that joined this forum the day after 'that' cup final - cant imagine why I am suspicious !!

Yawn....yawn Greenday, how very predictable. Thanks however, you've inspired me to set up my first thread!

green day
28-10-2014, 08:45 PM
Yawn....yawn Greenday, how very predictable. Thanks however, you've inspired me to set up my first thread!

And that went so well......