PDA

View Full Version : Dylan McGeouch

GreenCastle
27-10-2014, 07:57 PM
Thought he was a class act yesterday - always wanting the and showed great hunger and fight.

We should be trying to show ambition and build our team around him - both him and Allen linked up well. Robertson did well also - form which he showed when he first arrived at Hibs before he was injured.

Northernhibee
27-10-2014, 07:58 PM
Both him and Allan were fantastic. Showings that deserve to be in the green and white.

tamig
27-10-2014, 08:02 PM
The midfield three are gelling into a great unit now.

bingo70
27-10-2014, 08:11 PM
Someone said he's out the Dundee utd game on Wednesday. Not sure if that's because of the loan agreement, suspension or injury. Anyone know if that's true?

Cod Boy
27-10-2014, 08:15 PM
He got sent off in last round

bingo70
27-10-2014, 08:16 PM
He got sent off in last round

Forgot about that, cheers

Stuarty27
27-10-2014, 08:17 PM
He was suspended for the league game so don't think he is suspended vs Utd

scoopyboy
27-10-2014, 08:18 PM

2 match ban

B.H.F.C
27-10-2014, 08:20 PM

Think he missed our next game after the sending off. Then next game in the competition.

Will be a big miss.

Stuarty27
27-10-2014, 08:22 PM
Huge miss,

If he is out, I would move Allan to the right and give Stanton a run out on the left of the diamond, please don't bring Craig back in whatever he does

Brooster
27-10-2014, 08:30 PM
He's been brilliant recently, fast, skilful and hard in the tackle. He will be missed on Wednesday but will be an asset in the sem final!! If Kennedy, Stanton or Harris come in they will have to work harder than they did yesterday.

Del Boy
27-10-2014, 08:33 PM
Checked SFA website and he is suspended unfortunately.

Scottie
27-10-2014, 08:55 PM
Really impressed with Dylan so far. Glad he's taking his chance with both hands (and feet) :greengrin

Boyle89
27-10-2014, 10:59 PM
Hope no other teams are taking notice as I really really really want us to sign him. He won't get a game at celtic especially now that Callum mcgregor has broken through. Please LD get a deal sorted!

HibbiesandtheBaddies
27-10-2014, 11:05 PM
McGeoch fits what we need.

Wotherspiniesta
27-10-2014, 11:20 PM
Yeah was fantastic yesterday. When is his Celtic contract up? Would be great to get him permanently.

heretoday
27-10-2014, 11:24 PM
McGeoch is the best player in the team right now. Allan is a star in the making but still a bit raw. They both need better players in front of and behind them.

The_Horde
27-10-2014, 11:25 PM
As good as Dylan has been i'm very much looking forward to getting our captain back in for the game against UTD..

Unseen work
28-10-2014, 12:03 AM
Really reminds me if Scott brown with his style of play

silverhibee
28-10-2014, 02:51 PM
As good as Dylan has been i'm very much looking forward to getting our captain back in for the game against UTD..

Also been a big miss.

portycabbage
28-10-2014, 02:59 PM

Who, Liam Craig? Not that I want to slag him off, but DM is ten times the player Craig is. I think I must be having a whoosh moment.:greengrin

Pretty Boy
28-10-2014, 03:19 PM
Great wee player.

Exactly the kind of player I pay my money to watch. Get him signed.

Mibbes Aye
28-10-2014, 03:21 PM
DM has quickly become an integral part of the side. I actually think credit is due to Stubbs for recognising he's not a wide player but someone who can sit centrally and dictate things. It's a risk trusting such a young player with that role but Dylan deserves that.

As for Scott Allan, what a coup. We are lucky to have a player with his insight and ability. He's one of those guys whose contribution will grow alongside the improvement we will see in the team.

patlowe
28-10-2014, 03:46 PM
DM has quickly become an integral part of the side. I actually think credit is due to Stubbs for recognising he's not a wide player but someone who can sit centrally and dictate things. It's a risk trusting such a young player with that role but Dylan deserves that.

As for Scott Allan, what a coup. We are lucky to have a player with his insight and ability. He's one of those guys whose contribution will grow alongside the improvement we will see in the team.

Yep, I was really, really impressed with the way these two got about Hearts in the first hour on Sunday - it's the most creative and fluent I've seen us in a derby for a long, long time. Not that that's saying much it really has to be said.

Between the two I think we potentially have the most mobile and inventive central midfield in the league, and arguably further up the pile if you consider the lack of quality in the premiership. I also think Allan still has a bit to go fitness wise so there's room for improvement. Hopefully we can keep them fit and build the team around them over the next few months. Even if the title is beyond us, as long as we have improved sufficiently come the playoffs (assuming we qualify) then there's no reason to think we can't get promoted this season.

carnoustiehibee
28-10-2014, 04:10 PM

Absolutely, both players are going to get better as the season goes on, the type of player I want to pay to watch and the quality I hope starts coming through the academy. Both I expect will go onto play down South and without trying to be critical, what I want from handling Harris Stanton etc

Mibbes Aye
28-10-2014, 04:15 PM
Absolutely, both players are going to get better as the season goes on, the type of player I want to pay to watch and the quality I hope starts coming through the academy. Both I expect will go onto play down South and without trying to be critical, what I want from handling Harris Stanton etc

Yes. Agree with that, sad to say though. It should be our expectation, sign of Hibs being a healthy club.

emerald green
28-10-2014, 07:12 PM
Hope no other teams are taking notice as I really really really want us to sign him. He won't get a game at celtic especially now that Callum mcgregor has broken through. Please LD get a deal sorted!

You can be sure other teams will certainly be taking notice, unfortunately.

Whether Hibs would be able (or willing?) to compete with wages he can get elsewhere may be a problem. It would be great if we could at least keep DM until the end of the season, and longer if possible.

Billy Whizz
28-10-2014, 07:13 PM
You can be sure other teams will certainly be taking notice, unfortunately.

Whether Hibs would be able (or willing?) to compete with wages he can get elsewhere may be a problem. It would be great if we could at least keep DM until the end of the season, and longer if possible.

We've got him on a season long loan

emerald green
28-10-2014, 07:26 PM
We've got him on a season long loan

:shotdowni Oops, I thought we only had him on loan until January. Good news! Thanks for pointing that out Billy. :aok:

Billy Whizz
28-10-2014, 07:31 PM
:shotdowni Oops, I thought we only had him on loan until January. Good news! Thanks for pointing that out Billy. :aok:

Stubbs was speaking about this on the Hibs YouTube interview today
Worth a view

anon1875
28-10-2014, 07:37 PM
Been speaking to celtic fans all week about him. They couldn't believe it when I told them he played in a pivotal role in front of the defence. Also Scott Allen was really good as well and I was shocked when he got hooked as he kept making things happen down that left hand side and was really unlucky not to score. Saying that he's not played much football and was probably tired.

Stevie Reid
28-10-2014, 07:50 PM
The big difference with us having Allan in McGeough in midfield is that they are both so dynamic, always looking to drive forward with the ball and happy to take players on. The quality of their passing has also made a huge difference to our attacks.

I would say that (at his best) Stanton would be the best replacement for Dylan tomorrow, should we wish to play the same system.

Stax
28-10-2014, 08:04 PM
I really like him, and think we're shaping up into something resembling a team again. Does anyone know if Deilla rates him / hinted he has a future at Celtic? Seems to be enjoying his football here and would be a great signing on what I've seen of him so far.

Stevie Reid
28-10-2014, 08:10 PM
I really like him, and think we're shaping up into something resembling a team again. Does anyone know if Deilla rates him / hinted he has a future at Celtic? Seems to be enjoying his football here and would be a great signing on what I've seen of him so far.

I don't think he'll be difficult to get away from Celtic, but I'd imagine his interest in signing permanently for us would depend on what division we're in.

Other SPL sides will be looking at him with interest, I'm sure.

hibee-boys
28-10-2014, 08:47 PM
Great engine, always looking to beat a man and normally does. I was in the 1875 lounge post game Sunday and you could tell the lad was hurting about the result. Exactly the type of player we need at easter road. Skill matched with the heart of a lion.

monktonharp
29-10-2014, 12:13 AM
He's been brilliant recently, fast, skilful and hard in the tackle. He will be missed on Wednesday but will be an asset in the sem final!! If Kennedy, Stanton or Harris come in they will have to work harder than they did yesterday.If you expect any of the above to perform to half the level that he has over the last 3 games,you are a dreamer. we will miss him, and lose the match without him. sorry.

heretoday
29-10-2014, 08:05 AM
McGeoch is important enough for his absence to be a game changer. I don't know where we can get the same drive down that right side except by somehow bringing Gray into the midfield. I suppose Craig will be in there.

Brightside
29-10-2014, 08:13 AM
If you expect any of the above to perform to half the level that he has over the last 3 games,you are a dreamer. we will miss him, and lose the match without him. sorry.

I'd expect Stanton to take the role. He might surprise a few on here.

bingo70
29-10-2014, 08:19 AM
McGeoch is important enough for his absence to be a game changer. I don't know where we can get the same drive down that right side except by somehow bringing Gray into the midfield. I suppose Craig will be in there.

Allan to the right, Lewis into midfield abd booth to left back?

Can't believe I'm suggesting that as I've never been his biggest fan in midfield as doesn't offer enough going forward, in a one off game like tonight's he'd maybe do a job though.

Brightside
29-10-2014, 09:21 AM
Stanton

Allan Handling

Robertson

AlbertK86
29-10-2014, 02:17 PM
Stanton Allan Handling Robertson

I'd go with Allan over to the right and Kennedy in on the left

Felt earlier in season that Kennedy had the ability to run at players and get past them with ease. Due to the 3-5-2 system we'd been playing he has been squeezed out and hasn't managed to get into the diamond when we had to change to that. With a space becoming available him and Allan running at their defence would keep a similar balance

To me Stanton and Harris still short on confidence and feel Stanton is best suited in the middle

Gus
29-10-2014, 02:27 PM
I hope Partick win tonight, just be our luck we would have to play Celtic if we get through, resulting in him having to sit out.

Billy Whizz
29-10-2014, 02:59 PM
I hope Partick win tonight, just be our luck we would have to play Celtic if we get through, resulting in him having to sit out.

Better getting Celtic in the semi and beating them, making him available for the final😄

silverhibee
29-10-2014, 03:02 PM
Lets get past this hurdle tonight first before we start talking about who we want in the next round.

Gus
29-10-2014, 04:13 PM
Lets get past this hurdle tonight first before we start talking about who we want in the next round.

That's why I put "if" we win. :wink:

hibbymark
29-10-2014, 05:16 PM

Not sure he would need to sit out. Calum Booth played for Raith against us last season as we were in a different division and the can't play against parent club rule didn't apply. As said previously lets worry about tonight first
GGTTH

Pete
29-10-2014, 05:19 PM

I was going to talk about buses for the final but I don't think I'll bother now. :greengrin

silverhibee
29-10-2014, 05:21 PM
That's why I put "if" we win. :wink:

:thumbsup:

john18722
29-10-2014, 07:30 PM
:thumbsup:

Where is McGeouch tonight?

anon1875
29-10-2014, 11:03 PM
Where is McGeouch tonight?

suspended