PDA

View Full Version : Media A Stubbs on Sportsound

ancienthibby
27-10-2014, 05:09 PM
Coming up, Radio Scotland 810 MW

SQHib
27-10-2014, 05:39 PM
Coming up, Radio Scotland 810 MW

Stubbsy is on ... so far we've had a rangers mega report with questions to alan ... now we've got a celtic report ... with questions to alan ... maybe at 6:59 we'll get to a question to alan bout Hibs :rolleyes::rolleyes:

seanshow
27-10-2014, 06:14 PM
The host is a bell end

he eventually asked a couple of twitter questions from Hibs fans, pretty ordinary responses from Stubbs.

....Ok Alan let's talk some more about your time at Celtic

typical weegia :greengrin

Sammy7nil
27-10-2014, 06:15 PM
I thought he came across as no better than okay .
He made a big point of prasing the players which is good however his only mention of the fans was we are a bit negative and we keep harping back to the past. Whilst that may be true I thought he missed an opportunity to say how great they were yesterday and he hoped they would stick with him and the team.

Maybe me just being negative :confused:

mcfly
27-10-2014, 07:36 PM
Considering what Alan Stubbs inherited I think he is doing a great job.

It's a brand new squad, new coaching staff and we are getting better.

Hibs fans have been negative and the backing yesterday was great and I hope it stays that way.

Big game on Wednesday and hopefully a semi final to look forward to.

Jones28
27-10-2014, 10:29 PM
I thought he came across as no better than okay .
He made a big point of prasing the players which is good however his only mention of the fans was we are a bit negative and we keep harping back to the past. Whilst that may be true I thought he missed an opportunity to say how great they were yesterday and he hoped they would stick with him and the team.

Maybe me just being negative :confused:

Is he not right?

Supporters have been negative and are quick to get on the teams back.

The team is starting to give results for the supporters to be happy with and I'm happy with how we are starting to develop as a team. Long way to go but based on the way we played on Sunday I think it'll be a positive season.

heretoday
27-10-2014, 10:38 PM
You get the impression that if Stubbs is successful at ER he'd answer the Celtic call without too much deliberation. We should hope for a poor Celtic season and a new manager quickly before Stubbs enters the frame.

CallumLaidlaw
27-10-2014, 10:41 PM
You get the impression that if Stubbs is successful at ER he'd answer the Celtic call without too much deliberation. We should hope for a poor Celtic season and a new manager quickly before Stubbs enters the frame.

Is there any manager that wouldn't jump at the chance to go from Hibs to Celtic?

B.H.F.C
27-10-2014, 10:41 PM

I hope Stubbs does get a move. It'll mean we've been doing well and would make a change from paying a manager to do his garden.

Ozyhibby
27-10-2014, 10:52 PM
I think it's way to early to worry about anyone stealing Stubbs from us.

Booked4Being-Ugly
27-10-2014, 10:55 PM
I think it's way to early to worry about anyone stealing Stubbs from us.

Yep, i remember us worrying about the Huns taking Butcher from us!

boab1875
27-10-2014, 10:58 PM
Have to say I have never been a fan of Stubbs, should have never been given the job. he is a mediocre manager at best who seems utterly clueless regarding tactics and seemed to be rushed through the door after we were relegated. People seem to think what happened on Sunday was somehow acceptable from a manager's point of view. I don't for one. Hearts played the worst they have played this season and we failed to win the game. whilst many of our own support are saying we were at our best. not been too any games this season as season ticket was binned after last years disgrace but from what I have seen, especially in the derby was that we are unable to kill teams off. I actually think the player's did do OK but the tactics at the end were all over the place. we sat off a 10 men Hearts team who had looked shaky all game. attack them and finish the game Stubbs FFS. he must have told them to defend what we had and look what happened. can't remember the last time a goal by those cheating, charity robbing c***s has angered me so much and as per it was our own fault due to a manager error.

Having listened to the radio tonight, I have even less faith in him as a manager. totally failed to acknowledge our own exceptional support and seems quick to blame other factors for the joke of a result on sunday. think his time is limited here.

Dunbar Hibee
27-10-2014, 10:59 PM
Is there any manager that wouldn't jump at the chance to go from Hibs to Celtic?

😂 think we have a while before worrying about that.

Stantons Angel
27-10-2014, 11:00 PM
why when there is a little positive streak going on do you have to create something out of nothing!

Stubbs is going no where at the moment and is looking to fulfill his promise to the Hibs supporters.

Let him get on with it instead of putting other pressures on him.

The_Sauz
27-10-2014, 11:09 PM
Have to say I have never been a fan of Stubbs, should have never been given the job. he is a mediocre manager at best who seems utterly clueless regarding tactics and seemed to be rushed through the door after we were relegated. People seem to think what happened on Sunday was somehow acceptable from a manager's point of view. I don't for one. Hearts played the worst they have played this season and we failed to win the game. whilst many of our own support are saying we were at our best. not been too any games this season as season ticket was binned after last years disgrace but from what I have seen, especially in the derby was that we are unable to kill teams off. I actually think the player's did do OK but the tactics at the end were all over the place. we sat off a 10 men Hearts team who had looked shaky all game. attack them and finish the game Stubbs FFS. he must have told them to defend what we had and look what happened. can't remember the last time a goal by those cheating, charity robbing c***s has angered me so much and as per it was our own fault due to a manager error.

Having listened to the radio tonight, I have even less faith in him as a manager. totally failed to acknowledge our own exceptional support and seems quick to blame other factors for the joke of a result on sunday. think his time is limited here.

Mayby you should stick to watching hearts :rolleyes:

Kato
27-10-2014, 11:21 PM

Have a mint.

Jim Herriot
27-10-2014, 11:23 PM

'our exceptional support'? Is that intentional irony?

(Just my opinion on your opinion.)

Kato
27-10-2014, 11:25 PM
Jambos at work, those gimps that go on the EEN/Scotsman message boards, snidey jambos on here and others i've heard discussing Stubbs; all hate him.

Seems to be doing a good job.

jacomo
27-10-2014, 11:36 PM
Yep, i remember us worrying about the Huns taking Butcher from us!

There's still time for this to happen...

chrisski33
27-10-2014, 11:48 PM

What aload of tosh!

greenlex
27-10-2014, 11:51 PM
What aload of tosh!

Agree. If we went hell for leather for a second and conceded to ten men then that would have been poor tactics. Undone by a centre backs wonder strike. You can't legislate tactically for that.

NORTHERNHIBBY
27-10-2014, 11:59 PM
Stubbs is doing a decent enough job for a new manager. Some results could have been better but some of the football has been terrific. Just need to hit that level consistently. Those that think he is doing a rotten job are perhaps underestimating the total pile of sheeyit that he was asked to fix?

Boyle89
28-10-2014, 12:32 AM

Bit harsh? I agree about the sitting off and not killing games off. Also he didn't sub Robertson in the last Derby when he was running on empty for a good 10mins before he was sent off. Apart from that he hasn't done much wrong from what I can see. We narrowly lost in the challenge cup at ibrox, we pumped sevco in the league at Ibrox and we've beaten county. His signings are doing really well and are a whole lot better than recent managers additions (gray, farid, Allan, mcgeouch) Things are on the up. Like Stubbs said nothing is won yet.

hibbiedon
28-10-2014, 04:14 AM

as I am a Hibs fan I do not attend hearts matches so do not know if it's the worst they have played this season, thanks for your input Please get in touch after the next derby

Steve20
28-10-2014, 04:24 AM
Stubbs is doing ok so far. No better, no worse than that. It's clear the football isn't as dire to watch as previous seasons but the results haven't been great. 14 points behind at this stage is below acceptable.

Promotion is a must this season.

Kato
28-10-2014, 06:09 AM
Bit harsh?

Well, at least he's not chucking half-loafs around.

CentreLine
28-10-2014, 06:10 AM

I understand that Jock Stein went only because they were prepared to write off his gambling debt otherwise he would have stayed at Hibs. Who knows where that would have led.

Northernhibee
28-10-2014, 06:13 AM

Well Stubbsy has little faith on you as a manager so I guess you're both even.

Nomeancity
28-10-2014, 06:17 AM
Why do we have to be obsessed by the manager having to acknowledge the hibs support. If he did this would it make him a better manager. This is all very celtic " we are the best fans in the world" stuff.

bigwheel
28-10-2014, 06:28 AM

Do you fancy being the fans rep on the board? You seem to have such a great grasp of the game and what we require from a manager...

Danderhall Hibs
28-10-2014, 07:25 AM
Boab - hearts might've been the worst they've been this season because they came up against the best team they've played all season?

And were outplayed all over the park, only a flukey tae punt gave them the "win". As we all know you don't win the league in October.

sleeping giant
28-10-2014, 07:29 AM
Dearly me Boab :faf:
Are you a Jambo ?

greenpaper55
28-10-2014, 07:34 AM
The only reason " Boab " posted on here is because he is a worried man !. His team were shown up by Hibs on Sunday.

mcfly
28-10-2014, 07:40 AM

Worst post I've read on here for ages.

Go back to tynecastle please

boab1875
28-10-2014, 08:36 AM
Worst post I've read on here for ages.

Go back to tynecastle please

Did any of you see the last 15 minutes of the derby? if you think that was acceptable then you must have incredibly low standards. I don't accept mediocrity, we should be doing better and killing games off. My opinion of Stubbs is what it is, we shouldn't be so far off the top this early in the season and a lot of that is down to tactics. we have a team capable of winning this league and we are probably out of the race already. maybe I am more negative than some on here, probably older as well, seasons of watching Hibs will do that to a fan.

As for Tynecastle, will probably never set foot in that s***hole again

SteveHFC
28-10-2014, 08:39 AM
Boab has a point about the tactics on Sunday towards the end tbf.

SeanWilson
28-10-2014, 08:50 AM

:agree: the digs at Stubbs are over the top, however i personally felt the subs were all wrong (all be it i have no idea who else he could have brought on to do what i would have wanted if i was actually going to try and hold on for the 1-0)...

That lot always seem to get the break of the ball at some point in a match against us and it was par for the course that the lad hit a one in a million. I met up with a few of the ugly bunch afterwards and was duly informed that the lad hits one or two of them every week .... in to row Z.....

For the first time in a long time, i am looking forward to paying money to go and see hibs tomorrow night. Long may it continue.

Kato
28-10-2014, 08:50 AM

Taking into accout the old adage "once the players are over the white line..." what could he have done tactically that would have stopped the goal?

Keith_M
28-10-2014, 09:12 AM
I've got a feeling the negativity from the Fans has affected Stubbs a lot more than we thought. He was already quoted in a couple of Newspapers saying pretty much the same as he did on Sportsound.

FWIW, I agree with him when he says he can't be held accountable for the mistakes of the past and should be given a chance. He's a new Manager and making mistakes but he's learning. He's also put a team on the park, under very restricted circumstances, that is a million times better to watch than some of the stuff we've had to put up with in the past couple of years.

StarMan10
28-10-2014, 09:12 AM

I don't think his tactics were wrong at all. I agreed with his subs, Allan was tiring, Handling had been v quiet and it was a toss up between Malonga and Cummings to come off as they'd both put a shift in. I don't think Stubbs would have told the players to sit back, unfortunately they got nervous as the clock wound down and became sloppy with possession. That problem lies with the individuals on the park, and was the biggest grievance I had on Sunday.

Callum_62
28-10-2014, 09:22 AM
The team do now seem to be clicking - thoroughly enjoyed watching the Derby - best derby football wise in ages

Wonder how we would be doing if Stubbs was here as soon as last season ended....

That is where we went wrong - and that's not Stubbs fault

FranckSuzy
28-10-2014, 10:17 AM
Did any of you see the last 15 minutes of the derby? if you think that was acceptable then you must have incredibly low standards. I don't accept mediocrity, we should be doing better and killing games off. My opinion of Stubbs is what it is, we shouldn't be so far off the top this early in the season and a lot of that is down to tactics. we have a team capable of winning this league and we are probably out of the race already. maybe I am more negative than some on here, probably older as well, seasons of watching Hibs will do that to a fan.

As for Tynecastle, will probably never set foot in that s***hole again

Not going to comment on your initial post as, IMHO, you were either pashed or oot your nut at the time :wink: BUT, the one above, whilst still a wee bit OTT, at least contains some sensible points. However, I would point to the facts in mitigation:

Hearts beat Alloa 1-0. We got beat 2-1.
Hearts beat QoTS 3-0. We got beat 1-0
Hearts beat Dumbarton 5-1. We drew 0-0.

I would hazard a guess that I was not alone in fearing an absolute tanking on Sunday and in a small way, the crowd probably reflected that. BUT, the manner in which we approached the game and the general attitude/guile from the players was enough to convince me that there is hope. AS might have made mistakes but he is a rookie manager. Some of the other incumbants did not have that excuse and we all know how they turned out :rolleyes: GGTTH.

Andy74
28-10-2014, 10:35 AM
Rangers, Hearts, Ross Conty and Livingston all share the fact that they played against us quite openly.

I think we will still struggle to break teams down when we have to dictate the tempo and get past the banks of players in front of us. The easy bit is playing the teams that want to play as well - we won't win the league if we can't start beating teams that just want to sit in.

Salisbury Hibby
28-10-2014, 10:35 AM
We've got to accept that Alan Stubbs is still building his experience. I think that we should have a D.O.F. - a more wily old fox (like Strachan) who he could get some support and mentoring from.

The_Horde
28-10-2014, 10:47 AM
Whilst I agree with Boab that the tactics weren't exactly spot on at the end I'm not sure Stubbs told them to sit that deep. Most teams naturally retreat when holding a lead and it's no surprise we did so on Sunday considering our form both against them and at home recently.

The Gorf
28-10-2014, 11:21 AM
Not going to comment on your initial post as, IMHO, you were either pashed or oot your nut at the time :wink: BUT, the one above, whilst still a wee bit OTT, at least contains some sensible points. However, I would point to the facts in mitigation:

Hearts beat Alloa 1-0. We got beat 2-1.
Hearts beat QoTS 3-0. We got beat 1-0
Hearts beat Dumbarton 5-1. We drew 0-0.

I would hazard a guess that I was not alone in fearing an absolute tanking on Sunday and in a small way, the crowd probably reflected that. BUT, the manner in which we approached the game and the general attitude/guile from the players was enough to convince me that there is hope. AS might have made mistakes but he is a rookie manager. Some of the other incumbants did not have that excuse and we all know how they turned out :rolleyes: GGTTH.

Spot on :thumbsup:

HibeeHendo
28-10-2014, 11:59 AM
I understand that Stubbs maybe got the tactics in the last 15 minutes wrong but it's not as if Hearts cut through our defence to score that equalizer. It was a hit and hope in sheer desperation. No one could've predicted that.

JimBHibees
28-10-2014, 12:24 PM
Rangers, Hearts, Ross Conty and Livingston all share the fact that they played against us quite openly.

I think we will still struggle to break teams down when we have to dictate the tempo and get past the banks of players in front of us. The easy bit is playing the teams that want to play as well - we won't win the league if we can't start beating teams that just want to sit in.

Nail on the head and Dundee United will do the same though are better than Hearts. It isnt easy to break teams down though with Allan and McGeough hitting form we should be better able to do so. In these games the fans play a key role in not soiling themselves if we dont score an early goal however in that regard they are no different to what Rangers and Hearts fans would be if 0-0 with Dumbarton after 60 mins.

Jones28
28-10-2014, 01:44 PM
Well, at least he's not chucking half-loafs around.

I thought it was half baked bull****

bigwheel
28-10-2014, 03:26 PM

if that one in a million shot hadn't gone it...no one would be moaning about "tactics"... Boab's post is absolutely nonsense...it's filled with emotion and anger and no substance..

Pete
28-10-2014, 03:32 PM
if that one in a million shot hadn't gone it...no one would be moaning about "tactics"... Boab's post is absolutely nonsense...it's filled with emotion and anger and no substance..

Spot on. Absolutely reeks.

3pm
28-10-2014, 03:46 PM

There is substance to some of it, not all of it. It could have been written better of course.

The_Horde
28-10-2014, 03:46 PM
I think if we'd pushed a little higher and spread the ball around a bit the guy wouldn't have even had the ball in the first place.. You can't legislate for the strike but we did give them another couple of opportunities that they shouldn't have had due to sitting back, slowing the game down and wasting time.

Not to mention Oxley's time wasting coming back to haunt us in the 93rd minute.

Danderhall Hibs
28-10-2014, 03:51 PM
If Malonga had stuck a leg out an either kicked the ball off the park or gone down "injured" the game would've petered out and no time left for a hit and hope tae punt.

Wilson
28-10-2014, 03:55 PM
I think if we'd pushed a little higher and spread the ball around a bit the guy wouldn't have even had the ball in the first place.. You can't legislate for the strike but we did give them another couple of opportunities that they shouldn't have had due to sitting back, slowing the game down and wasting time.

Not to mention Oxley's time wasting coming back to haunt us in the 93rd minute.

Sorry but it was a desperate strike. If they had been kept to shooting from that distance all game we'd have praised the team for limiting any real chances. There are too many trying to legislate for the unnatural. The only thing we could have done better is make more of our own chances. Then their shot to nothing is merely a consolation.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
28-10-2014, 04:00 PM

:faf:

Mikey
28-10-2014, 04:04 PM

Why not take the opportunity to go down to East Mains and listen to the footballing dept explain how they're doing things now. Stubbs will be taking part in the Q&A so if you still don't like what you hear you'll have the chance to put him straight.

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?291076-Hibs-net-Visit-To-East-Mains-(16-places-left-on-Thursday-6th-Nov-6pm-start)

skipster7
28-10-2014, 04:26 PM
I'll be honest i was amazed that despite them having a man less we allowed their keeper to play it out from the back every single time then let them wander to the halfway line unchallenged, asking for trouble imo. Retreated into our shell and handed them the impetus which did annoy me at the game.
They really aren't that good to play round us if we'd penned them back and made the keeper kick it. As for the goal a brilliant strike and supposedly hes hit the post and the bar in recent weeks from distance. Thought we were going to hold out but could have made it much more comfortable imo:agree:

hibeedonald
28-10-2014, 04:28 PM
More convinced now that I was at the start, Allan and Mcgeouch are hitting and form and I think we have turned a corner.