PDA

View Full Version : Where was Cummings yesterday

gjb1875
27-10-2014, 12:23 PM
The boy with the touch like an angel seems to have gone missing since ibrox. Anybody else think the same. The old saying if you are going to talk the talk you need to be able to walk the walk comes to mind. I have been to two games since that glorious night and he has been reported missing on both occasions especially against the ****. Needs to learn you are only as good as your last game and he has been non existent for me.
Anyone agree or disagree

DC_Hibs
27-10-2014, 12:27 PM
I have been to two games since

Part time attendee full time slaver having a pop at a 19year old still learning his trade and giving 100% for the club

The_Horde
27-10-2014, 12:28 PM
Couldn't disagree more. He put a good shift in yesterday and nearly scored before big dom. He also caused livi all sorts of bother last week.

Golden Bear
27-10-2014, 12:31 PM
The boy with the touch like an angel seems to have gone missing since ibrox. Anybody else think the same. The old saying if you are going to talk the talk you need to be able to walk the walk comes to mind. I have been to two games since that glorious night and he has been reported missing on both occasions especially against the ****. Needs to learn you are only as good as your last game and he has been non existent for me.
Anyone agree or disagree

Disagree, - entirely on the grounds that a thread like this achieves absolutely nothing.

gjb1875
Part time attendee full time slaver having a pop at a 19year old still learning his trade and giving 100% for the club
Part time because of work mate only reason

TheFamous1875
Anyone agree or disagree

My own take on it is that he's a young laddie and that he shouldn't be our talisman in the first place. Stubbs said earlier in the season that the intention was to have Cummings as an impact player, but since we've had our main striker injured, that's all went out of the window and he's started the last 6 or 7 matches (since he came on as a sub and scored the last-minute winning goal against Cowdenbeath).

It's too early for him and that fact hasn't been more evident to us than it was yesterday. We could've been up 3-4 nil in the first half had we had someone composed enough to put the ball into the net under that pressure. An unproven albeit promising teenager is not the ideal candidate.

InterviewLoI
27-10-2014, 12:34 PM
My own take on it is that he's a young laddie and that he shouldn't be our talisman in the first place. Stubbs said earlier in the season that the intention was to have Cummings as an impact player, but since we've had our main striker injured, that's all went out of the window and he's started the last 6 or 7 matches (since he came on as a sub and scored the last-minute winning goal against Cowdenbeath).

It's too early for him and that fact hasn't been more evident to us than it was yesterday. We could've been up 3-4 nil in the first half had we had someone composed enough to put the ball into the net under that pressure. An unproven albeit promising teenager is not the ideal candidate.

But nobody wants our experienced striker on the bench (Heff) to play...

gjb1875
27-10-2014, 12:37 PM
Disagree, - entirely on the grounds that a thread like this achieves absolutely nothing.
Sorry thought this forum was to discuss what happened in games or the club or players performances and to get other people's views

Golden Bear
27-10-2014, 12:38 PM
Sorry thought this forum was to discuss what happened in games or the club or players performances and to get other people's views

:agree:

TheFamous1875

If our experienced player can't get into the team, get rid and get someone in for January (LG please)

ALF TUPPER
Anyone agree or disagree

Been quiet yourself since joining in April 2012, gjb. :wink:

Welcome back :aok:

I dont agree with your observations on Cummings since Hunbox. "Gone missing" Is a bit harsh . I think he has played well despite his young years and inexperience. (particularly, against Livi last week). He's progressing well IMO. Much more to come i'm sure.

GGTTH

gjb1875
27-10-2014, 12:42 PM
T

It's too early for him and that fact hasn't been more evident to us than it was yesterday. We could've been up 3-4 nil in the first half had we had someone composed enough to put the ball into the net under that pressure. An unproven albeit promising teenager is not the ideal candidate. totally agree think in the future he will be a good player for Hibs but still a bit raw

Pretty Boy
27-10-2014, 12:46 PM
He played well last week at Livi.

Thought he looked like he was trying a bit too hard yesterday and his decision making was poor at time. He's 19 and still learning though so there will be off days and inconsistency will be an issue.

marinello59
27-10-2014, 12:48 PM
Take it the OP wasn't at Livi last week. It's often said that young players will be inconsistent whilst they settle in as first team regulars so patience is required. Except when it comes to Hibs players of course.
I actually though our team played well yesterday but apparently not as yesterday has inspired threads dedicated to the flaws of Harris, Stanton, Malonga and now Cummings. It saps the bloody life out of you on here sometimes.

B.H.F.C
27-10-2014, 12:55 PM
I actually agree that Cummings wasn't up to much yesterday. Doesn't mean I think he's terrible though.

I thought him, Malonga and Handling needed to offer a bit more in open play. There was mistakes in Hearts at the back and I didn't think our attacking players put enough pressure on them to take advantage.

Bronson
27-10-2014, 12:58 PM
I thought he was a bit non-existent yesterday but that was not through lack of effort, just wasn't his day. He was very good against livi however, his run for the penalty was brilliant. The boy's a player.

Hibs fans giving him stick for his patter confuse me. You all want our players to be confident but are oh so quick to get a young guy's back for being 'arrogant'. He can be as arrogant as he wants as far as I'm concerned, so long as he gives 110% on the pitch.

tamig
27-10-2014, 01:12 PM
Was disappointed with Cummings yesterday. Thought he looked sluggish and some of his decision making was poor. Still, everybody is entitled to the odd off-day. Just a shame it was in the derby.

27-10-2014, 01:12 PM
Quite quiet yesterday but would hardly call him "non-existant".

Give the boy a break he's a young laddie that still learning. I think theres definatly a decent player in there.

As for people that have called him arrogant for his interview comment, get a grip. Hardly arrogant, he's clearly just on the wind up and enjoys the banter and attention he gets from it. I don't think he's big headed like the likes of Ross Caldwell was. That was the biggest downfall for Ross IMO, got his goal at tynie but he lived off it. He seemed to believe that he had made it and that he then deserved to start every week. Jason seems to be a bit more grounded. I don't know the guy personally so I might be completely wrong, he might be the most arrogant, big headed guy ever, but thats just my personal view from what i've seen from him.

Keep working hard Jason :aok:

Scouse Hibee
27-10-2014, 01:14 PM
Anyone agree or disagree

He's a developing young lad who will not yet be able to perform consistently at a high level. Yes he wasn't great on Sunday but was part of the team that performed well. As fotlr his comments, nowt wrong with a bit of arrogance after you do something decent in my opinion.

ballengeich
27-10-2014, 01:17 PM
The answer to Where was Cummings? is On the pitch working his socks off. He wasn't our best player on the day, but put in a lot of effort and wasn't anywhere near being a flop. For a laddie with experience of so few first team games he's doing ok. I think he can score a lot of goals for us so long as he matures by learning from games like yesterday's.

Spike Mandela
27-10-2014, 01:25 PM
Anyone agree or disagree

He's an ex Hearts supporter, who used to play for Hearts and now gives his all for Hibs and is desperate to prove Hearts made a mistake and isn't shy of saying so in the press which annoys Hearts supporters like yourself.:cb

GreenArmyyy!
27-10-2014, 01:39 PM

That is because Heffernan is well past his best. Good professional but I would much rather allow players like Cummings who are the future of our club to make mistakes and be inconsistent to get to where we need to be than Heffernan as a stop gap till in my opinion the end of the season at the most.

jacomo
27-10-2014, 01:54 PM
That is because Heffernan is well past his best. Good professional but I would much rather allow players like Cummings who are the future of our club to make mistakes and be inconsistent to get to where we need to be than Heffernan as a stop gap till in my opinion the end of the season at the most.

Yes, but the decline has been marked. Is the Heff really incapable of 20-25 mins at a lower level now? Given the kind of player he was for Killie, and even us before his injury, you'd have thought he'd have been a perfect sub yesterday... someone to use their experience, keep the ball, and look for opportunities for us to get a second goal.

I really hope he's not finished because we could do with another option up front, and he was quite an intelligent player.

ahibby
27-10-2014, 02:04 PM
Like Scott Allen, I thought there was good and bad about his game yesterday and I suppose you could say the same about the keeper or maybe even everyone in the team. Those people in the stands should look at themselves too and those watching it on telly there is no way that they all got it right all of the time! Ooh I bust a blood vessel there. I think I know what the op means though as very little paid off for the boy yesterday, perhaps the occasion got to him but he let the Hearts defence get the better of him most of the time. He did however, IIRC, have a pop at goal which rebounded to DM for the goal? We had no other to play in his role yesterday and so were stuck. Likewise SA got caught a few times especially in the first half, in possession which put us under pressure. It could be that he was either in two minds what to do or was a bit cumbersome or perhaps his team mates weren't giving him the out. On the other hand some of his other stuff was good, the corner that led to the goal, the almost penalty he went down for etc etc. We have weaknesses and hopefully they'll have a look at the things that didn't go well yesterday and learn from it. The biggest fault I'd say was defending 20 yards from our goal for a large chunk of the second half and conceding the midfield. That plus goalie (who I like) being off his line (reducing angles and all that) was why we lost the late goal IMO. Yes there are individual and team things that need to improve still but I think we all know that.

brog
27-10-2014, 02:07 PM
He's an ex Hearts supporter, who used to play for Hearts and now gives his all for Hibs and is desperate to prove Hearts made a mistake and isn't shy of saying so in the press which annoys Hearts supporters like yourself.:cb

:top marks

greenlex
27-10-2014, 02:10 PM
I actually think the boy is trying too hard. A wee bit more composure and he would bag more. That will come with experience.

Wotherspiniesta
27-10-2014, 02:13 PM
A cocky wee sheite, but a talented player.

Since Griffiths and McPake left, we need another character to get under the skin of the Jambos. Jason is that guy.

In his words he's " Seen the light" now and is one of our own. Can't wait to see him score against them as he'll be absolutely delighted!

By the way, he was brilliant against Livi.

GreenCastle
27-10-2014, 02:17 PM
Not his best game yesterday but will continue to develop and grow.

He was involved in our goal though so wasn't completely useless.

He's raw but has speed and can strike a ball and will keep improving.

Hank Schrader
27-10-2014, 02:47 PM
Anyone agree or disagree

There is a distinct smell emanating from this post. Very similar to that of jobbies. The aroma was strong in the south stand between 12.15pm and 2pm yesterday. :rolleyes:

Liam89
27-10-2014, 02:57 PM
Anyone agree or disagree

Why is anyone humouring this yam?

Scouse Hibee
27-10-2014, 03:12 PM
Why is anyone humouring this yam?

Because it makes him feel good about himself.

PeterboroHibee
27-10-2014, 03:16 PM
I dont think he was as involved as he could have been yesterday, but it happens. I think Cummings is showing a lot of potential, and at his age he is going to have some games where he struggles to get involved. Regardless of his overall performance, he does work hard for the team in every game which is good to see.

Bostonhibby
27-10-2014, 03:18 PM
Anyone agree or disagree

He used to be a Jambo but he's alright now. :jamboclow

Brightside
27-10-2014, 03:29 PM
Anyone agree or disagree

Another one... so thats Harris (check), Handling (check), Stanton (check), Cummings (check)...good job we didnt play anymore of the young boys..

Bostonhibby
27-10-2014, 03:34 PM
Because it makes him feel good about himself.

Thought it was Clum Patterson for a minute, but looking like that, feeling good about yourself is not an option.

Agree the thread is a yam alert.........................

DaveF
27-10-2014, 03:36 PM
Another one... so thats Harris (check), Handling (check), Stanton (check), Cummings (check)...good job we didnt play anymore of the young boys..

McGeouch (21) and Allan (22) I'd class as young and both had plenty of (deserved) praise yesterday. Hibs fans aren't all shouty doom mongers you know.

Viva_Palmeiras
27-10-2014, 03:53 PM
Anyone agree or disagree

Youre only as good as your last game - tell that to Sir Donald Bradman...

The way some Hibs "supporters" post about out players makes you wonder. Did you just happen across .net the month before THAT game?

Signed Curious George x

Borderhibbie76
27-10-2014, 05:29 PM
He might not have had his best game for us yesterday but he was a dam sight better thanbthe big huddy with nae neck. ..Sow!! I deffo smell Yam :)

ancient hibee
27-10-2014, 05:37 PM
He was over anxious yesterday-Iwould have brought on Heff instead of Kennedy although I realise Stubbs hoped that Kennedy would be able to take the ball for a walk for 15 minutes-didn't work out.

Hibeesmad
27-10-2014, 07:39 PM
He will score in the new year derby and he will enjoy it

Swedish hibee
27-10-2014, 09:31 PM
Anyone agree or disagree

Me!

matty_f
27-10-2014, 09:35 PM
I actually think the boy is trying too hard. A wee bit more composure and he would bag more. That will come with experience.

:agree: he was definitely trying yesterday and put a good shift in. His time will come so long as we as a support keep backing him and accept that he's not going to be brilliant every week, in the same way we backed the Golden Generation at this stage of their careers.

truehibernian
27-10-2014, 09:36 PM
I love Jason and his attitude - he's fun, appreciates Hibs and the chance we gave him, always upbeat and a right good player and prospect.

Reminds me very much of Derek and Scott Brown in terms of exuberance and that 'good' arrogance you need to succeed in the game at the top level.

Talking of Broony, anyone see him WWF Jamie Hamill at the weekend :greengrin very definite Hibs/Hearts overtones in that one methinks :agree::aok: