PDA

View Full Version : Easter Road to Murrayfield

Bristolhibby
27-10-2014, 12:57 PM
Hi guys,

I'm up in a couple of weeks, going to the Scotland v Ireland game on the Friday and then plan to go the the Queen of the South game on the Saturday.

I also have tickets to the Scotland v New Zealand game at Murrayfield. Anyone had experience getting to Murrayfield from ER, and how long did it take?

I've not been up since the trams have been going so I know you can get on at York Place and go straight to a station at Murrayfield. I have tickets for the South East of Murrayfield so I am the closest part of the ground to the tram stop. is this the best plan of action?

Cheers for the advice.

J

Billy McKirdy
27-10-2014, 01:02 PM
Pretty much mate, shouldn't take too long, I'm a LB bus driver your best is to get a day ticket (£3.50) as you can use it on both bus & tram.

overdrive
27-10-2014, 01:06 PM
I'm in the same boat for the New Zealand game. I was thinking a taxi would be the quickest.

Brooster
27-10-2014, 01:07 PM
Tram will take you 15-20 mins from York Place to Murrayfield. Quicker than a taxi.

overdrive
27-10-2014, 01:59 PM
Tram will take you 15-20 mins from York Place to Murrayfield. Quicker than a taxi.

Even accounting for waiting for a tram?

Viva_Palmeiras
27-10-2014, 02:56 PM
Even accounting for waiting for a tram?
every 10 mins at peak period I understand 15 mins out of peak period. Unless one hits a tourist/bus/cyclist/pedestrian...

Twiglet
27-10-2014, 03:04 PM
I've done it a few times and doing it again for New Zealand. I normally leave about 10/15 mins into the second half and jump on a 22. This time I'll definitely be changing to a tram as you get stuck when you come off the western approach road. I normally get there just as the match is starting.

EdinMike
27-10-2014, 03:06 PM
Pretty much mate, shouldn't take too long, I'm a LB bus driver your best is to get a day ticket (£3.50) as you can use it on both bus & tram.

I did not know that ! That's handy !

Billy McKirdy
27-10-2014, 04:20 PM
I did not know that ! That's handy !

You can't go to the airport with it though.

weonlywon6-2
27-10-2014, 05:14 PM
The tram will be busy so getting on at York Place is a must.
Tram station right at Murrayfield and will be heaving as match will probably sell out
Maybe see you there,enjoy !

ancient hibee
27-10-2014, 06:25 PM
Hi guys,

I'm up in a couple of weeks, going to the Scotland v Ireland game on the Friday and then plan to go the the Queen of the South game on the Saturday.

I also have tickets to the Scotland v New Zealand game at Murrayfield. Anyone had experience getting to Murrayfield from ER, and how long did it take?

I've not been up since the trams have been going so I know you can get on at York Place and go straight to a station at Murrayfield. I have tickets for the South East of Murrayfield so I am the closest part of the ground to the tram stop. is this the best plan of action?

Cheers for the advice.

J

Walk-it'll be much quicker.