PDA

View Full Version : When music stops:Hibs and Hearts will both be in play offs

Col2
27-10-2014, 08:18 AM
A few things yesterday confirmed (in my head):-

We are improving and WILL finish top 4 probably 2nd or 3rd

Hearts are very average and will NOT win the league

They don't have a squad as good as sevco who look like the off-field troubles are close to being behind them.

Sow and El Hass(?) looked average at best. When we sign Griffiths in Jan and get Farid back a month or so later then we will be even better placed.

It will come down to momentum and form in May not August or September.

How painful would it be to be piped at the line by a few points for automatic promotion, and finish far ahead of the rest but still get knocked out of play offs.

GlesgaeHibby
27-10-2014, 08:23 AM

They don't have a squad as good as sevco who look like the off-field troubles are close to being behind them.

Sow and El Hass(?) looked average at best. When we sign Griffiths in Jan and get Farid back a month or so later then we will be even better placed.

How painful would it be to be piped at the line by a few points for automatic promotion, and finish far ahead of the rest but still get knocked out of play offs.

Disagree. Hearts yesterday showed they are organised, have belief and fight right to the end. That's why they are top and will finish the league top.

I do agree that we will end up finishing probably 3rd in this league. We're improving every game. Allan, and McGeough are two great players. Once Farid is back sometime in the new year I think we'll finish strongly.

hfc-1875
27-10-2014, 08:24 AM
As much as it pains me to say it, I still think hearts will win the league. To win any league you need to pick up points even when you play terrible, and that's exactly what hearts done.

#FromTheCapital
27-10-2014, 08:27 AM
We showed them up for what they are yesterday. Although I still think they'll win the league. Let's face it you don't have to be a great team to win this league. They have a decent lead at the top now so it's theirs to throw away.

truehibernian
27-10-2014, 08:27 AM
I've said all along I think this is Hibs' game plan, to get to that end of the season playing really well and to have a settled side. Still not so sure about The Rangers, seem to have picked up since players like Kenny Miller has returned, giving them good experience in the side and in games. Out the three 'top sides', we do appear to have had the most rotten luck (Farid, Jordan, penalty over the line, missed penalty, Gray injured too) - yesterday though, and v Livi, we look like we are getting into a stride and Stubbs knows he has a settled side that at present picks itself. Exactly what Hearts have had in their league campaign.

Play off games will be superb if/when we get there - and I am inclined to say it will be The Rangers we will play, purely because their off field antics always seem to affect results/supporters. If they had someone like Walter Smith in the dug out then I would say they would be certainties to win the league - but they have a guy who simply isn't a good coach.

Scottie
27-10-2014, 08:28 AM
Disagree. Hearts yesterday showed they are organised, have belief and fight right to the end. That's why they are top and will finish the league top.

I do agree that we will end up finishing probably 3rd in this league. We're improving every game. Allan, and McGeough are two great players. Once Farid is back sometime in the new year I think we'll finish strongly.
They showed yesterday why they are top of the league. They went right to the end and that's what good teams do. HIBS need to learn to kill teams off when we are on top. If we had got the second we could have won by more yesterday. But very proud of our aptitude and performance.

Glesgahibby
27-10-2014, 08:33 AM
Injury/suspensions will kick in over the coming months for all clubs.
i have a feeling it will effect hearts more than anyone else.
still a long,long way to go:agree:

CorrieHibs
27-10-2014, 08:34 AM

I would agree with you. Don't think sow has showed anything in the games aginst us. He scores against the lesser teams but after watching highlights of hearts games against Dumbarton and livi, I can see how they are winning by those margins. Players just gifting them goals, I think teams have the fear visiting tynecastle.

How good would it be beating them in a play off :-) :-)

Steve20
27-10-2014, 08:36 AM
We'll finish 3rd or 4th. They'll finish 2nd, imo.

CRAZYHIBBY
27-10-2014, 08:56 AM
I reckon 3rd is the best we can hope for. . We've dropped to many silly points and a denied goal cost us 2 points....queens seem to be doing ok as well

chrisski33
27-10-2014, 09:31 AM
I would agree with you. Don't think sow has showed anything in the games aginst us. He scores against the lesser teams but after watching highlights of hearts games against Dumbarton and livi, I can see how they are winning by those margins. Players just gifting them goals, I think teams have the fear visiting tynecastle.

How good would it be beating them in a play off :-) :-)

Theyre pretty much gonna win the leafue but you never know. We will finish 3rd.
Would not imagine us beating them in the play off as our record against them shows we cant.

Islington Hibs
27-10-2014, 09:33 AM
We are improving. If we had a consistent strike force we would be absolutely up there. We are probably playing the best football, on our day, in the league, but just lack that incisive punch. That said we should almost certainly make the play offs, I suspect as 3rd.

Hearts are off the a flyer, but they have ridden their (or made there depending on your taste) luck. However an unconvincing Rangers are just 7 points behind with a game in hand against Cowdenbeath i.e 4 points. That is nothing and with their thin squad while they sadly have a good chance of winning the league, I doubt they will. Rangers will probably overpower them. Thus the play-offs. They have the derby form but in the two games so far we have little to fear.

Mr White
27-10-2014, 09:42 AM
Best thing we can do now is forget about them till new year and get on with learning to break down the other teams in the league. The livingston result last week was a great start, if we can do that a couple of times at easter road it'll change the way teams approach playing us I reckon. At the moment they're confident of taking something from us when they visit, hopefully they'll soon start worrying about not taking a hiding.

Thecat23
27-10-2014, 09:49 AM
Spoke to Kenny and he still thinks we are a better team than Hearts. He also said The Rangers dressing room is confident they will win the league and says things are now clicking together.

I actually fancy them to win it as well as hearts will pick up injuries and suspensions and unlike the Huns they won't handle that pressure of winning each week.

Some say it's easier being second coming into the final part of the season and if hearts are still top I honestly think they will fold.

Would I fancy us in a play off against them? Better believe i would, but would I fancy us beating hearts and then a prem team.... No it's Hibs and we always fall short when it matters!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IWasThere2016
27-10-2014, 09:58 AM
1) Yams
2) Huns
3) Hibs

Spike Mandela
27-10-2014, 10:03 AM

Sevco's troubles are nowhere near over, massive budget cuts on their way and if not administration will follow.

As average as Hearts are their current lead will ensure they win league at a canter and the team we should aim our sights at in the playoffs is the wounded Govan animal.

TowerHibs
27-10-2014, 10:20 AM
Hearts will won the league. Thought they looked fit all over the park yesterday and fairly organised.

Rangers will be struggling in the play offs. This new deal with Ashley needs repaid by April (that's £2million!!!) And that money he has given will only pay staff up until Christmas. Jesus, Wallace will get 20% of that for being sacked this weekend. Expect the rangers to sell Lee Wallace, McLean and free 4/5 others in Jan. David Lowe has confirmed on twitter this morning that they will need a further £15m in January as well as severe cost cuts. They're doomed

I fancy us and hearts to be promoted. We are looking good at the minute, need to keep it going and remain calm

Mr White
27-10-2014, 10:25 AM
Sevco's troubles are nowhere near over, massive budget cuts on their way and if not administration will follow.

As average as Hearts are their current lead will ensure they win league at a canter and the team we should aim our sights at in the playoffs is the wounded Govan animal.

Rangers are a mess and face a lot of uncertainty no doubt but they're 7 points behind hearts with a game in hand which they play at cowden next week. They're then at tynecastle later in november. They're grinding out results too and I reckon they'll be very close behind hearts this time next month.

Gatecrasher
27-10-2014, 10:27 AM
there's too may variables to predict at the moment.

Will Rangers go into Admin?
Will McCoist remain Rangers Manager
What extent of injury problems/suspensions
Can we do the business against the "other" teams.

As things stand I think Hearts will win the league and Hibs, Rangers and QoS in the Play-offs. Hearts are doing the business against the smaller clubs and havent lost against Hibs or Rangers yet which is big IMO.

Hermit Crab
27-10-2014, 10:27 AM
Hearts will won the league. Thought they looked fit all over the park yesterday and fairly organised.

Rangers will be struggling in the play offs. This new deal with Ashley needs repaid by April (that's £2million!!!) And that money he has given will only pay staff up until Christmas. Jesus, Wallace will get 20% of that for being sacked this weekend. Expect the rangers to sell Lee Wallace, McLean and free 4/5 others in Jan. David Lowe has confirmed on twitter this morning that they will need a further £15m in January as well as severe cost cuts. They're doomed

I fancy us and hearts to be promoted. We are looking good at the minute, need to keep it going and remain calm

You must have been watching a different game from me. Wilson went off because he wasn't fit and hadn't recovered from a hamstring injury, that's why he walked off the park instead of jogged, Sow looked unfit as he was knackered after 60 minutes. They were all over the place at the back at times and with better finishing we would have buried them. Solid in midfield yes, but fit and organised definitely not.

bobbyhibs1983
27-10-2014, 10:52 AM

They maybe be average but look at the table, they are beating teams, that we at hibs should be beating and have not.
Hearts should have lost yesterday and imo that is more to do with us than them, why did we not beat them?I thought to myself yesterday and it could just have been me but the first half i felt they were crap and felt they d have taken a point all day long.would they have been happy with a win? yes happy with a point ?yes

#FromTheCapital
27-10-2014, 11:11 AM
You must have been watching a different game from me. Wilson went off because he wasn't fit and hadn't recovered from a hamstring injury, that's why he walked off the park instead of jogged, Sow looked unfit as he was knackered after 60 minutes. They were all over the place at the back at times and with better finishing we would have buried them. Solid in midfield yes, but fit and organised definitely not.

Agreed. They were there for the taking yesterday and we ****ed it. We need to learn how to win derbies convincingly.

27-10-2014, 11:29 AM
Hearts weren't good at all yesterday, it was a stroke of pure luck that saved them in the end as per usual but I still think they'll win the league.

greenlex
27-10-2014, 11:37 AM
A proven striker and another defender in January and we will push both all the way .

Hibernia&Alba
27-10-2014, 11:38 AM
If we qualify for the play offs, I think we'd have a decent chance, and, to be honest, I'd fancy us more against The Rangers than The Tramps. The Rangers would have enormous pressure them: perhaps more pressure than they could handle.

Pete
27-10-2014, 11:51 AM
Would not imagine us beating them in the play off as our record against them shows we cant.

How on earth does an historic record involving different players and situations show that we can't beat them?

Mental!

jacomo
27-10-2014, 11:55 AM
A word of caution - we have a small squad and more injuries could derail recent progress. No guarantee that Farid will be back this season or LG will come back - although either player would give us added momentum.

marinello59
27-10-2014, 11:56 AM
How on earth does an historic record involving different players and situations show that we can't beat them?

Mental!

Exactly. We saw yesterday that our current team are more than capable of competing against them.

Waxy
27-10-2014, 11:56 AM
I don't even think Rangers will pip hearts to the title. I reckon they'll overtake them by xmas then stride away after the year.

Hibernia&Alba
27-10-2014, 11:59 AM
I don't even think Rangers will pip hearts to the title. I reckon they'll overtake them by xmas then stride away after the year.

You think so? So far Hearts look better than Rangers. We've both beaten the big Huns on their own pitch.

hibee92
27-10-2014, 12:04 PM
Think they'll still win the league because they dominate (and score) against the 'other 7'. Us and Rangers will slip up against these teams every other game and Hearts don't look like they will.

Waxy
27-10-2014, 12:17 PM
The next few matches will tell alot. Hearts have a tricky few matches coming up.

Keith_M
27-10-2014, 12:22 PM
Think they'll still win the league because they dominate (and score) against the 'other 7'. Us and Rangers will slip up against these teams every other game and Hearts don't look like they will.

Hearts and Rangers have both dropped points in only one game against 'the other seven'. Two points each.

The only difference between those two is that Der Hun have lost two matches against the so-called Big Three.

AndyM_1875
27-10-2014, 12:22 PM
I said before the season started that rangers would win the league and that Hibs & Hearts would contest the final play off to fight St Mirren/Ross County/whoever for the SPFL place.

I've seen nothing to make me change my mind on that. Hearts are a bang average side who have started well and been lucky with injuries but like us they have a small squad and their bookings will catch up with them. Rangers have a big squad and will win the league.

NAE NOOKIE
27-10-2014, 12:39 PM
Its between the Yams and Zombies for the league. If it was up to me we would have the Zombies in any play offs, yes we can beat the Yams, but there is no doubt they carry huge amounts of luck in derby matches and for that reason above all others I would rather not play them.

I also think that 7,000 Hibbies backing the team at Ibrox would have a bigger impact than 3,000 at the Wongadome.

Col2
27-10-2014, 12:52 PM
Just goes to show what a massive difference the loss of Farid through injury and the inability to get Griffiths in have cost us so far as you could bet your bottom dollar we would be 8-10 points better off.

You have to think we will try more than ever to get Griffiths in from Jan especially if good form continues and chance of promotion. I think we are sorted elsewhere.

Hermit Crab
27-10-2014, 12:56 PM
Just goes to show what a massive difference the loss of Farid through injury and the inability to get Griffiths in have cost us so far as you could bet your bottom dollar we would be 8-10 points better off.

You have to think we will try more than ever to get Griffiths in from Jan especially if good form continues and chance of promotion. I think we are sorted elsewhere.

A decent left back would be nice.

ahibby
27-10-2014, 03:13 PM
IMO Hearts will draw more often than Rangers and that will cost them the league. I believe Rangers will win and Hearts, Hibs and QOS will contest the play off from the Championship. Hearts have done very well and deserve to be where they are I don't think they can sustain it over a full season though. Rangers on the other hand, I believe can and will.

NadeAteMyLunch!
27-10-2014, 03:25 PM
Think Leigh will be off to Bolton in Jan unfortunately

ballengeich
27-10-2014, 03:32 PM

As we already have two, that's just about the last position that needs anyone new.

Franck Stanton
27-10-2014, 03:34 PM
The blue-nose keek will win their game in hand [v Cowdenbeath], then beat their wee cousins which will leave them only 1 point behind the ****. Different story when you don't have a 9 point cushion, they will fold under that pressure. We will win the new year derby thereby dropping the **** to 2nd place. We can and will do them in the play-offs.

emerald green
27-10-2014, 03:37 PM
I think it's still far too early to say who will finish in the top four because there are still far too many unknowns.

For example, a club's season can be ruined due to injuries - Hibs are particularly at risk due to our having a fairly small squad IMO. Much may also depend on if and how various clubs are able to strengthen in the January transfer window.

Might The Rangers go into administration again?

Hibs have given themselves a mountain to climb to claw back a 14 points lead, but it's not impossible.

Then comes "lady luck". Something that has deserted Hibs in a big way recently, but it could change.

Some games are often decided by poor refereeing decisions. Who can anticipate those, apart from the fact lots of them seem to go against Hibs?

If Hibs were sitting on say 21/22 points this morning, I would go as far as to say they would have a decent chance of actually winning this league if they steered clear of too many serious injuries. Getting into the play-offs and then winning possibly three play-off ties is a tall order at the end of a long tiring season. That's where depth of squad comes in.

Hermit Crab
27-10-2014, 03:37 PM
As we already have two, that's just about the last position that needs anyone new.

Im aware of that. I said decent though.

Franck Stanton
27-10-2014, 03:42 PM

Just what does Lewis Stevenson have to do to be acknowledged as a good left back/wingback ? The laddie has been outstanding the last half dozen or so games. More in need of a quality striker as Malonga is a stop-gap at best. Cummings is a young laddie learning his trade.

Hermit Crab
27-10-2014, 03:46 PM
Just what does Lewis Stevenson have to do to be acknowledged as a good left back/wingback ? The laddie has been outstanding the last half dozen or so games. More in need of a quality striker as Malonga is a stop-gap at best. Cummings is a young laddie learning his trade.

Stevenson for me is better in midfield. Cummings for me hasn't lived up to the hype. Looking forward to getting Cody mulhal (sp) promoted to senior team when he regains full fitness. Malonga needs to improve work rate. Not to worry though we'll buy griffiths in January and all will be well. :rolleyes:

ballengeich
27-10-2014, 03:46 PM
Im aware of that. I said decent though.

I know you did and I meant we have two decent ones.

Hermit Crab
27-10-2014, 03:47 PM
I know you did and I meant we have two decent ones.

Ach opinions eh.

Northernhibee
27-10-2014, 06:05 PM
Lewis Stevenson is one of our most important players in this team and one of the most under-rated Hibs players to ever grace the green and white.

chrisski33
27-10-2014, 06:33 PM
[QUOTE=marinello59;4209462]Exactly. We saw yesterday that our current team are more than capable of competing against them.[/QUOTE

We maybe competing with them but we still cannae beat them thus we cant be confident of beating them in a play off. With different players we still seem incapable of beating them

Nomeancity
28-10-2014, 08:10 AM
IMO Hearts will draw more often than Rangers and that will cost them the league. I believe Rangers will win and Hearts, Hibs and QOS will contest the play off from the Championship. Hearts have done very well and deserve to be where they are I don't think they can sustain it over a full season though. Rangers on the other hand, I believe can and will.

Agree. Rangers will pick up, with their off field troubles behind them and let's face it, officialdom wanting them in the split, they will win it. The old dodgy penalty, extra added time, dodgy red card rules will come into play if they don't look like they will win it fairly.
for all I despise hearts, there is a wee bit of me that would like them to finish above the Huns, just to stuff it to them- but I'm taking tablets for it.
and I don't think we can make up the lost ground, so for me it will be rangers, hearts, hibs then Qos.