PDA

View Full Version : Liam Fontaine

eastcoasthibby
27-10-2014, 07:44 AM
Not just based on yesterday's game, I am fan of Fontaines already ! watching him go about his business in other games warm-up etc, he seem's to be a good professional and with the right attitude, real positives - reads the game well, meets the ball well, is happy with the ball at his feet, talks to those around him(it seems) is a presence physically, good in the air and is not bullied by centre forwards.
For being new to Hibs and Scottish football, he looks to have got to grips quite quickly and has a bit of steel about him, a determination about, a bit of drive about him to get the game moving that bit quicker with positive passing and an urgency where and when it's needed.

Jpdhfc
27-10-2014, 08:16 AM
All of the above think he could also bring Hanlon on to a game as well

Brightside
27-10-2014, 08:30 AM
The only problem i have with him is he wanders into midfield a lot chasing balls. So somethimes can get caught out of position. He's also a left footer and because of this Hanlon has been moved to right side of CB. So we did miss out on a bit of cross field distribution from Hanlon.

CallumLaidlaw
27-10-2014, 09:18 AM
The only problem i have with him is he wanders into midfield a lot chasing balls. So somethimes can get caught out of position. He's also a left footer and because of this Hanlon has been moved to right side of CB. So we did miss out on a bit of cross field distribution from Hanlon.

Reminded me a bit of Rob Jones yesterday when he chased the ball a couple of times. Not a bad comparison Tho. Jonesey is my hero!

eastcoasthibby
27-10-2014, 10:01 AM
Good comparison ...Jones ....this early on ! get the drift with that, a young guy with room for improvement as well, promising way ahead for him and us.
Another left footed player but how many teams play with and have played with 2 right footed or 2 left footed, does help to have it balanced but good players adjust !!

There are a quite few centre defenders who do like a wander or foray forward, (can think of one who did that yesterday and on the 3rd occassion look at the impact !) am sure Stubbs will let him know if it's too often, I see it as a positive though in all seriousness add to the options when teams sit in as they are doing in this league.

tamig
27-10-2014, 02:23 PM
Thought Fontaine was outstanding yesterday. Hanlon was also good apart from one slip when he misjudged the flight of the ball in the wind first half and nearly got caught out.

B.H.F.C
27-10-2014, 03:23 PM
I think he will be our best centre half this year. Think he has a good presence about him.

Pretty Boy
27-10-2014, 03:37 PM
Bit of a wanderer at times but he's good in the air, strong in the tackle, calm with the ball at his feet and 90% of the time he reads the game well.

Could be an astute bit of business imo.